Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

why do my family prey on my self esteem

Ava Gardner

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,842 126 25
Alleybux
They’re jealous of you. You need to distance yourself from them. Don’t let them bring you down. They’re the ones with issues, obviously. They’re unhappy so they see you as an easy target to take their unhappiness out on.

Avalanche21

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,269 654 632
Alleybux
Stay away from them.They've showed you who they are.Also teach people how to treat you moving forward.

IreadTea247

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
863 76 57
Alleybux
My male family members always prey on my self esteem... I've been told I was pretty by people, but my family go out of their way to remind me that I'm nothing and that I'll never have anything. I always was a bum, broke, dusty and could never catch a break when I was around them... I been away for 10 years and made contact by accident and it took me right back to that old place. They're begging for pictures of me! But I don't want to send them any.

I cursed them out on FACEBOOK... & I have since closed it my account and going back no contact.

I sometimes question if I'm worthy or not. I sometimes question if I'm attractive. & I just got in a position to glow up at 28... but they haven't seen me since 19-20 years old.
They’re jealous and know that it bothers u...u have to get away from toxic family members. I had to let my mother and sisters go...they treated me like trash all because they thought because I went in the military, i thought i was better than them...don’t let ANYONE destroy ur peace!

Blueberry77

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,884 422 143
Alleybux
It’s hard to outgrow traditional family dynamics in a toxic family. They will still see you in the roles that they chose to cast you in. And when you interact with them in later life, they will still try to treat you as and view as the person they saw you as years ago. Especially when you work on yourself and grow. They resent your progress. You are right to disassociate yourself from them if they are this toxic.

JustLivingTv

Fck |Love|Friendship & yo phony apologies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
97,021 9,671 9,135
Alleybux
They childish.

Please don't give them no pictures for them to be more childish.

Block ALL communication with them.

You see them out walk pass they ass.

They call block the number.

If they call and you don't know it's them say hello and after they say whom they are hang up on them.

Megumi Aoki

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,132 3,790 2,787
Alleybux
It’s hard to outgrow traditional family dynamics in a toxic family. They will still see you in the roles that they chose to cast you in. And when you interact with them in later life, they will still try to treat you as and view as the person they saw you as years ago. Especially when you work on yourself and grow. They resent your progress. You are right to disassociate yourself from them if they are this toxic.
This might be the best comment ive read in this part of lsa. A word!

chocoLate290

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
87,971 4,207 1,986
Alleybux
They are clearly jealous of you and they see in you all the potential that you don’t even see yourself, you’re beautiful, please don’t let their stupid comments and their negativity bring you down, they see how beautiful and successful you are that’s why they’re salty, please block them everywhere and work on your mental health to regain your power. I can only imagine how difficult it is to have toxic family members but I believe in you and everyone reading this comment, you guys can do this! You’re beautiful, you’re smart, don’t let nobody tell you otherwise, let these bitter haters seethe in jealousy!

IreadTea247

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
863 76 57
Alleybux
This explains so much! I appreciate ur answer!

Bronzedhoney

Dont even get me started
Reaction score
Reactions
2,813 115 47
Alleybux
Dealing with this same situation. Do you know if your family is following the narcissist family model? There is always a golden child and a scape goat with the mother and/or father being a narcissist. This dynamic is such a reoccurring thing in American households, especially black households with black mothers often being jealous of their own daughters and seeing them as competition and/or extensions of themselves

xscapizm

Prima Donna, I'm complex.
Reaction score
Reactions
63,545 1,503 254
Alleybux
Usually the rejected stone becomes the corner stone. From one black sheep to another...you are more than worthy. Keep your head up high and keep moving forward in life and continue to FLOURISH unapologetically with healthy boundaries set firmly in place.
Go easy on yourself love. Healing takes time. Begin to un-learn the conditioning that was put upon you and don't internalize the abuse that you endured to the point that you would ever question your own beauty. Understand that true beauty comes from your strength of character and resilient spirit and those qualities are eternal. Now go ahead on and bloom like a rose in the concrete ❤️

Last edited:

freckledbruh

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
240,514 5,717 3,374
Alleybux
I think it’s completely unproductive to waste your time wondering why. It sounds like you had gone no contact and flourished so continue with that and don’t let these people live rent free in your head.

GitchiYaYa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,468 418 31
Alleybux
Not everything that weighs us down is ours to carry. They are abusers; you cannot control that. Get counseling/therapy, heal, fill your cup, and cut them off like dry ends, boo boo

Last edited:

sweetfusion™

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,227 732 243
Alleybux
They want to break you thats why. Leave them alone and don't let them determine your self worth.

Read the book Boundaries by Henry Cloud & Safe People by Henry Cloud, in order to help you build stronger boundaries with these abusers. Also, get the self confidence workbook for women, listen to some positive music and affirmations and realize you deserve better. You deserve loving relationships and don't be afraid to cut people off. Life is too short to deal with the toxicity.

Listen to Ciara's song I Love Myself.