Quantcast

Why do people act like God had a private conversation with them ?

transit

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
111,574 11,489 10,787
Alleybux
I find this so disingenuous and quite blasphemous really. To make statements like this is so crazy. How would he know God is obsessed with us. I’m tiredt of religious folx trying to always speak for God.

Balloo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,731 3,540 1,102
Alleybux
Yeah I hate it too. They have the muslim version of it on social media as well.

I saw this quote the other day: "If you are alone, it's because Allah wants you all to himself" .....WHAT??

It's so corny and stupid and oddly egotistical. I think it's mostly shallow people reaching for depth and meaning.

Last edited:

TheLurker2019

I don’t read your replies
Reaction score
Reactions
11,804 750 558
Alleybux
Because it’s all make believe, so you can make anything up when you believe, including conversations.

VersacePrincess

drippin' in 24K Versace
Reaction score
Reactions
142,381 8,568 5,670
Alleybux
welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll:eyeroll

sure he extra n'all

but the bible is written and spoon fed to us with the general notion that god has his hand in EVERYTHING minus our free will and lucifer's counter efforts against him. everything about the bible suggests doing right by him as all he does for us is for our better good.

but yeah I don't take people seriously who be like gd talked to me.

I mean figuratively in a dream? maybe, but how can you hear god talking to you?

diamondjubilee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
101,468 9,581 9,799
Alleybux
That's what prayer is all about pooh. A personal private conversation with God. Everybody don't know what you talk to God about if you believe in him. If you a Christian fa real. Only you and him.

Buoyancy

Laugh, it’s funny
Reaction score
Reactions
145,509 6,460 2,541
Alleybux
Y’all hardly listen to mfers yapping right in front of your face, what makes u think y’all listening to God.

HoneyLove18

No such thing as “ your truth” only “the truth”
Reaction score
Reactions
4,471 81 33
Alleybux
People "act" like God has private conversations with them, because he does. The bible is filled with examples of conversations he has with people. From Adam, Eve, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, the prophets. All you have to do is download a bible app and listen to a chapter or two a day or pick up a bible and read it for yourself to know he has private conversations with people. Or you could sincerely ask God, "God, show yourself to me, in a real way. Talk to me." Although he speaks to us through his word. And in private conversations. Please read the bible for examples. And if you don't believe, please don't knock people who do. Good day mam.

the cask

auf bfb
Reaction score
Reactions
923 64 58
Alleybux
I find this so disingenuous and quite blasphemous really. To make statements like this is so crazy. How would he know God is obsessed with us. I’m tiredt of religious folx trying to always speak for God.

I wish they would cuz shouldn't Private conversations be kept private? Name dropping hos.

Luker

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,977 24 12
Alleybux
This most definitely is blasphemy

In Romans it states : So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Meaning God speaks through people action. In the Bible it also states you will know a person by their fruits. Meaning actions if a person life is full of sin. Is God really speaking to them?

In my opinion through prayer and reading the word that how God speaks to you. He give it to the prophets for a reason.

originalsn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,096 119 27
Alleybux
I agree it can come off a bit egotistical at times when people do it. Sometimes the messages people publicly post are really just for them. I’ve noticed whenever people post messages like this, they’re often the person that needs it the most. Although he’s rich, Justin seems a bit troubled. I don’t get malicious vibes from this. Just seems like he’s going through some stuff and trying to encourage those who might be as well.

La Rona

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,141 647 102
Alleybux
She spoke to me when I died from the flu. Then She sent me back. :cry: On the plus side my fear of death is gone.

Frank Focean

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
57,554 2,808 1,570
Alleybux
he does talk to you. with me he doesn’t have full conversations but he will say his part and keep it movin

LoveSupreme

01/06/21 - Planet of the Apes Day -
Reaction score
Reactions
134,305 8,452 7,808
Alleybux
It seems to be that this person was paraphrasing (look that up), something he/she read in the Bible. Not actually saying God “spoke” those words to him/her.

SShorty_2010

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,359 383 1,028
Alleybux
welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll:eyeroll

sure he extra n'all

but the bible is written and spoon fed to us with the general notion that god has his hand in EVERYTHING minus our free will and lucifer's counter efforts against him. everything about the bible suggests doing right by him as all he does for us is for our better good.

but yeah I don't take people seriously who be like gd talked to me.

I mean figuratively in a dream? maybe, but how can you hear god talking to you?

But The Only True God talks to us all through His Word, the Bible...

Tworoads4

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,249 37 67
Alleybux
Because it’s all make believe, so you can make anything up when you believe, including conversations.

You can’t make up that someone created us all. He’s real which is why true followers have his real knowledge not you people who think you know a lil something

AshlandCortesso

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,110 976 1,431
Alleybux
Because we literally have conversations with God. We believe Christ is in us. When you gave the holy spirit you have this mindset drilled in your head and heart that you base every decision on. When you read the Bible you have biblical truth in your soul and mind that surfaces --- it is verbal and that is God speaking to you.

For example... I've been having a rough few weeks. When negative thoughts come on I have this combative/protective response built on biblical truth that pops in my head and reassures me. I can't think "No one loves me" and ten seconds later I'll get "I love all my children/God loves all his children" and then comes the Bible verses to back this biblical truth up, my mind actually recites them.

That is God speaking.

When I pray and ask God and question and then spontaneously flip to a page in my bible with an answer to my question --- God speaking.

When I'm watching a TV show or movie and something meaningful catches my attention in a way that makes me stop in my track --- God speaking.

Dreams? God speaking. I've felt physical touch in dreams. It was terrifying but it was God communicating.

If you're not religious or spiritual you don't have the muscle to feel when God is speaking or communicating with you but if you exercise that spiritual muscle (and some people don't even have the capacity to have this) you will understand that God speaks to people and he is very clear.

God is large. He is not binary to audio or words.

AshlandCortesso

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,110 976 1,431
Alleybux
Because we literally have conversations with God. We believe Christ is in us. When you gave the holy spirit you have this mindset drilled in your head and heart that you base every decision on. When you read the Bible you have biblical truth in your soul and mind that surfaces --- it is verbal and that is God speaking to you.

For example... I've been having a rough few weeks. When negative thoughts come on I have this combative/protective response built on biblical truth that pops in my head and reassures me. I can't think "No one loves me" and ten seconds later I'll get "I love all my children/God loves all his children" and then comes the Bible verses to back this biblical truth up, my mind actually recites them.

That is God speaking.

When I pray and ask God and question and then spontaneously flip to a page in my bible with an answer to my question --- God speaking.

When I'm watching a TV show or movie and something meaningful catches my attention in a way that makes me stop in my track --- God speaking.

Dreams? God speaking. I've felt physical touch in dreams. It was terrifying but it was God communicating.

If you're not religious or spiritual you don't have the muscle to feel when God is speaking or communicating with you but if you exercise that spiritual muscle (and some people don't even have the capacity to have this) you will understand that God speaks to people and he is very clear.

God is large. He is not binary to audio or words.

He communicates with his children and actually gets quite angry when his children break that chain of communication or purposely ignore him or fail to communicate with him.

I am someone in the midst of the wrath that happens when you fail to communicate with the Father. Life circumstances pulled me away from faith for a little while and I feel deprived and that spiritual deprivation is because I'm not in communication/connected to The Father/The son right now.

If you Google Christian ideology some Christians go through dry spells...where they feel like God is ignoring them and that is because they've lost communication or sync with God in some way and they're feeling it. It's a very real experience for us and in order to feel deprived you have to of had something to begin with...

AshlandCortesso

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,110 976 1,431
Alleybux
In regards to Biebers post: I wouldn't say God is obsessed with us...that sounds toxic. I would say He is rightfully and deeply interested in the events of our lives because He created them/us, they're his to be interested in. He wants you to include him but he won't force you to include him. Pastors say that He takes deep interest in all of your interests and everything you (big and small). You could tell him your breakfast menu and he wouldn't be any less engaged in what you're talking about. He is the end and the beginning, "size" is a human concept and he's engaged in everything you at all the same levels. Again, you could tell him your breakfast menu and he'd be just as engaged as he would be if you were coming to him with your troubles. He is constant and fully there and aware at every point in your existence.

PrudencePuci

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,794 557 189
Alleybux
Bc when you have a relationship with Source energy you receive messages and answers pertaining to your situation. God talks to everyone the question is are we able to hear God when it happens?

dnADeCodER

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,511 1,127 1,671
Alleybux
God is Spirit. In The Beginning, God used to come down from Heaven in the evenings to walk with and talk to Adam and Eve on earth (even after they sinned against Him, but when they sinned, they became estranged when they BROKE TRUST & INTIMACY with Him). He still talks to those of us who have INVITED Him into our hearts. Jesus came to live in our hearts (our spirits) and He never leaves us. But Jesus said something very interesting, "You MUST BE Born Again [this time, into God's Holy Nature] before you can SEE or ENTER into God's Kingdom." Either we believe what Jesus SAID or we don't. Jesus also said, "My sheep KNOW My VOICE, and the voice of a stranger (Satan), you won't follow." You can ONLY hear Jesus' VOICE after you're Born Again. ... God made a Covenant Agreement with His Son. If we accept Jesus' Death, Burial & Resurrection AS FULL PAYMENT for the forgiveness of our Sins, then God accepts us back into His Son's Kingdom AS IF we've never sinned. Jesus makes our RELATIONSHIP with God Who is HOLY, RIGHT again. God Himself came in the PERSON of His Son, and 'took the bullet for us."

Accountability is your Free Will Privilege. If you believe that Jesus PAID IN FULL FOR YOUR SINS (once and for all of them) by believing in your HEART & ACKNOWLEDGE to God that you accept His Son as your Savior and you're not ashamed to acknowledge Jesus as your LORD or Master, then God accepts you as His Child an you're BORN AGAIN back into His Son's Kingdom and you have SPECIAL PRIVILEGES as God's Child. And you if you don't believe, then God stills Loves you, but you will REMAIN outside of God's Good and Perfect Will for your life while living on earth and if you die in your Sins, you will forever be LOST in Eternity with Satan and his kingdom of fallen angels/demons and evil people in the Lake of Fire. God MUST respect your CHOICE concerning His Son. PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY or CHOICE can be a BLESSING if you're listening to His Voice and it can be a CURSE if you're listening to Satan. If you CHOOSE to reject Jesus, then God has to respect your right/privilege to reject His Son's Death for you. It doesn't change the FACT/TRUTH that He gave HIS LIFE for you nor does it stop God from Loving you. But God is Just and "no one will ever be able to say that God FORCED His Forgiveness on me. "God is A Loving, Caring, Protective & Patient Father in Heaven. LOVE never forces His Will on anyone.

LJJJJJJ

Tenoch Huerta & Kang's FIRST & ONLY WIFE
Reaction score
Reactions
35,609 881 296
Alleybux
Ummm OP, I mean no harm in saying this. It sounds like you're taking his Instagram post personal. Bieber is a celebrity, a human just like you and me. Even if he is a follower of Christ, I would not put much stock in his thoughts or take things he says literally. Personally, "obsessed" is an overstatement but for Bieber that is his devotion he felt like sharing. It's definitely not your devotion and that is okay.

Edit: Sorry, OP. I see OP, you made this post so long ago. It popped up under the forums because someone else recently responded.