Quantcast

Why Do People Dislike Diana Ross

MJDR4EVER

Monique
Reaction score
Reactions
2,299 71 58
Alleybux
I know a lot of fans are upset at Diana for saying Happy Birthday to Oprah. Which in my opinion is nothing to drag the woman for. Just cuz she said happy birthday to her don't mean she agrees with that leaving neverland bµllsh!t. But anyway, even before that Diana Ross has been like the most despised woman in Michael's life and for what?! For breaking Michael's heart waaaaay back in 1986?! If that is the case, yall really, really, really, need to get over it. Michael sure did and went on to publicly profess his love for her for the rest of his life. Is it because you think she never defended him? Well she did. I'm sure yall have seen footage from the one talk show she was on when the host started making fun of Michael she loudly and boldly put a stop to that. Where was she in the 2005 case? Well she did an interview where she was asked about that she declined to speak about him because it hurt her and you can tell by her facial expression that it did. Even recently when the whole leaving neverland circus started, it was right around the time of her 75th birthday and she publicly came out in defense of Michael BEFORE her celebration and caught holy hell for it. And even during her party there was video of her dancing to Michael's music.

And even more recently here is a clip of her holding of a picture of her together with Michael and singing Endless Love @ 1:05:50

Diana Ross Concert | Encore Theater | The Wynn Las Vegas | Diamond Jubilee (75) - YouTube

So I really don't understand why people are so damn upset at her for just saying happy birthday to someone. Diana saying happy birthday to Oprah doesn't mean that she agrees with what she has done. Diana obviously loves Michael, she has shown and proven that over the 40 years of which she knew him in life, and over the nearly 11 years after his passing. I really wish yall would stop criticizing every single damn thing that she does. Yall don't know her, and yall didn't know Michael. She did, she knew more about Michael than most people! She has probably even done things with Michael that yall could only dream of doing!

Yes I standing up boldly and proudly for her cause she deserves it cause she did the same for Michael. Deal with it *mic drop*

Logan Forrester

Angelic
Reaction score
Reactions
165,082 7,611 5,758
Alleybux
People think Diana fµcked Berry Gordy to get to the top

Diana wasn't up front about Berry Gordy being the father of her daughter

Diana treated others like sh!t, including Patti Labelle and the late Florence Ballard

Diana beefs with her fellow group members of the Supremes

Diana is known to be a diva which the term was probably created specifically for her

I think philanthropy would really help Diana's image but I doubt she's the giving type.

Last edited:

Trav00

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,923 373 214
Alleybux
Diana was the original Ciara. She course corrected after Berry Gordy got her pregnant and refused to marry her (he was single at the time). She married a white man who claimed Berry's child as his own. She leveled up before leveling up was a thing... and of course black women aren't allowed to do that. She also put herself first and did what it took to be the star she wanted to be. Women aren't allowed that kind of ruthless ambition. The rest are just flimsy excuses to hide the real reason some people don't like her. The black community never lets black women be redeemed. They will always hold over her head stuff she did 50 years ago regardless of her achievements.

I went to her concert and she still sells out so the haters are probably mostly dead at this point.

Dangnabit100

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,447 1,464 474
Alleybux
I am a Diana Stan so I have been a witness all.my life. Some think she can not sing. Her behavior when she was younger was horrible to some. She had a all about me attitude. If not for Gordy, some think she would not have gotten far. Some think she was not even cute but she glowed up!

PiscesMoonGirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,612 714 229
Alleybux
Yeah, I mean from where I'm standing disliking Diana Ross has nothing to do with Michael.

Basically she was cut-throat on her way to the top. I mean I respect her for maintaining longevity and securing herself financially. But I don't respect her methods.

MJDR4EVER

Monique
Reaction score
Reactions
2,299 71 58
Alleybux
Diana was the original Ciara. She course corrected after Berry Gordy got her pregnant and refused to marry her (he was single at the time). She married a white man who claimed Berry's child as his own. She leveled up before leveling up was a thing... and of course black women aren't allowed to do that. She also put herself first and did what it took to be the star she wanted to be. Women aren't allowed that kind of ruthless ambition. The rest are just flimsy excuses to hide the real reason some people don't like her. The black community never lets black women be redeemed. They will always hold over her head stuff she did 50 years ago regardless of her achievements.

I went to her concert and she still sells out so the haters are probably mostly dead at this point.

I'm a stan too!

I watched an interview she had with Arsenio Hall and she said that she addresses the negative rumors about her by NOT addressing it. In other words she just doesn't give a crap what people say about her. She lives her life privately and the people that know her, know her and she's ok with that. Which is a good way of tackling the negative press but at the same time the people are only hearing one side and if all they hear is negativity about you that's what they are going to believe.

Yeah, I mean from where I'm standing disliking Diana Ross has nothing to do with Michael.

Basically she was cut-throat on her way to the top. I mean I respect her for maintaining longevity and securing herself financially. But I don't respect her methods.

Well when she said happy birthday to Oprah a lot of MJ fans started dragging her and her relationship with MJ has always been a thorn in the side of a lot of people in the MJ fan community.

TrixyStar

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,909 1,768 1,991
Alleybux
Cause of her beauty,talent and xfactor.

There would be no Beyonce,Janet,Jlo,Rihanna's etc etc without her. She defined black female pop, black female girl groups and being a triple THREAT.

Trav00

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,923 373 214
Alleybux
I'm a stan too!
Well when she said happy birthday to Oprah a lot of MJ fans started dragging her and her relationship with MJ has always been a thorn in the side of a lot of people in the MJ fan community.

I'm always going to be a stan of successful, pioneering black women. Hopefully this covid is behind us soon so she can start performing again. She's really amazing to see live. And the costume changes...lol girl!

I'm still mad at Oprah over the MJ thing but I wouldn't drag Diana for saying hbd. Some people on social media are just toxic. Just really unhappy people looking for a reason to drag somebody. I think Diana and MJ had a complicated history but I think they loved each other. He put it in his will that if he died and his mother was already dead, that Diana would get the kids. So whatever problems they had, they worked out.

Dangnabit100

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,447 1,464 474
Alleybux
Also, just because Gordy gave her a nudge didn't mean the public had to like her. She put in the work with performing regularly and doing the required coaching to be a superstar while others thought only talent is needed! She worked hard which some are jealous! She had the drive!

Rara Avis

child of the universe
Reaction score
Reactions
875 85 43
Alleybux
Them eyes scare me I ain't gon lie hehehe but forreal tho she was (still is) beautiful and ambitious. Folks hate when a bish look good and want better/more for herself.

originalwharris

Jesse's girl (in my head).
Reaction score
Reactions
277,092 21,985 1,048
Alleybux
The dislike has nothing to do with Michael. It's how she stabbed her fellow Supremes in the back and slept with Barry Gordy to get to the top. Also, there are the accounts of how she literally brushed past Black folks to fall all over white people in the crowd.

Blackcat90

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,473 101 134
Alleybux
She has probably even done things with Michael that yall could only dream of doing!

And this is why people don't like her?
I don't think so. She knew MJ from when he was a child and started flirting, playing with him when he grew up.

I don't know if it was intentional for their image or PR. But it was wrong.

CHEEZITQUEEN

King Tutan-Con-Man and his Felonious Bunch
Reaction score
Reactions
79,969 1,975 684
Alleybux
I lost respect for her as a teenager after my sister came home from her concert early because of her diva behavior, and refused to continue a show when a fan got on stage.

My sister said her behavior was horrendous. Haven't liked her since, and I used to love that woman.

MJDR4EVER

Monique
Reaction score
Reactions
2,299 71 58
Alleybux
Lord why did I even start this topic? I want to vent, get things off of my chest when in comes to the hate that is thrown Diana's way when it comes to the MJ fan community. I should have known it was going to get messy. I am a stan, will always be a stan. I love her, I think she is incredible. Come on we all have our moments where we could've handled situations better. We all have made mistakes, had regrets, and even if we don't regret some of the decisions we have made; mistakes are what builds us, and makes us human. Regardless of what she may, or may not have done that, people from the outside looking in, who don't know her thought was wrong; I believe she is a pleasant lady.

CrotchyGirl

Once a Jackson, always a Jackson.........
Reaction score
Reactions
3,044 95 26
Alleybux
I don't know what she did right and what she did wrong. I only know that she always defended Michael. The rest is not my business.
Who's perfect and NEVER made a mistake?
We are all humans and humans do mistakes. So what?

saucyqueen

The glamorous, beauty queen
Reaction score
Reactions
2,799 145 69
Alleybux
I don’t mean to make this long, but here’s my take; She’s just weird asf, to me she’s not that cute. She’s basic, old, her wide ass creepy smile seems fake, & I will never understand why my man mike simped over that or why he wanted to wife her. Yea she loved him so much, that she went & married another man & also never claimed him in public :emoji_face_palm: he should’ve been kicked her corny ass to the curb. Obviously, she handled him like a boy toy like the rest. The fµck?

upload_2021-2-15_6-16-25.gif

Her music is not my cup of tea(never was). Growing up, I don’t know anybody who listens to the b!tch. I just know her from a couple of movies she did. In 2019, that’s when I’ve learned about their entanglement & it makes me despise her ass even more. The only envy I have is that she has his whole heart, but lemme tell something to you lmfaoo; I know I can snatch it away from her if he met me. She didn’t do a ma’fµck!n thing to earn all of that from him. Whew, the lord was a good one for putting me in the 90s generation, cause I know she’s a placeholder & I would’ve shut her down . Trust & believe that :curllip
Last year, I’ve also read that book about her by that mf randy terrabolli or whateva & all of her prima donna shenanigans & cries for attention just left me like
upload_2021-2-15_6-19-8.gif

Bruh what the fµck did Michael everrrrr see in her & what tf was he thinking? Idk if it’s nasty hoodoo or if she got that golden throat bc I know half the industry has been in that mouth & geriatric puss. He didn’t want that sh!t fr. She doesn’t give a lovely fµck about anyone but herself. At least own being a conniving b!tch who would eat her young alive if she felt like it would steal her precious spotlight. Why fake for the cameras & keep up this charade that you’re this sweet, charming woman when you’re literally the devil in a gown? Like get tf over yourself, already. She’s no boss b!tch to me either. Tuh, I would deadass laugh in her face if she called herself trying to own me or act like she’s better than me. No b!tch. :twitcy It’s the other way around cause I’m that b!tch in real life . Just cause you wear a couple of sparkly dresses & was a pass-around who put her pussy on her boss & ended up having an outside baby w/ him, doesn’t make you sh!t. I would’ve handled her like
upload_2021-2-15_7-18-4.gif

And since Michael would’ve been my nyg w/o a shadow of a doubt, I would’ve pulled an Enid & dragged her ass if she thought she was still going to sniff up the wrong dick. b!tch aht aht! He’s taken & I've already marked my territory . I’d go upside his head too if he stepped out on me w/ her. Katherine deflee would’ve liked me better for her son as well .
The end :wink7

saucyqueen

Reaction score
Reactions
2,799 145 69
Alleybux
And sis , you should’ve never asked this question from jump. Call me a petty Betty, but let’s be blunt. I told myself “please be nice, hold your tongue” & I was like

490EC5A6-4902-412B-87D1-BE31EC92CD8D.jpeg

But who gives a sh!t about Diana Ross in general? I mean, why do you care if nobody fucks w/ her but you? If that’s your girl, I respect that. But again, Nobody hasn’t bought her material since the 80s. She hasn’t been hot in decades, She’s not cool, & She literally faded into obscurity . Only her old school fans keep her relevant :disdain

CrotchyGirl

Reaction score
Reactions
3,044 95 26
Alleybux
I don’t mean to make this long, but here’s my take; She’s just weird asf, to me she’s not that cute. She’s basic, old, her wide ass creepy smile seems fake, & I will never understand why my man mike simped over that or why he wanted to wife her. Yea she loved him so much, that she went & married another man & also never claimed him in public :emoji_face_palm: he should’ve been kicked her corny ass to the curb. Obviously, she handled him like a boy toy like the rest. The fµck?

View attachment 2325397

Her music is not my cup of tea(never was). Growing up, I don’t know anybody who listens to the b!tch. I just know her from a couple of movies she did. In 2019, that’s when I’ve learned about their entanglement & it makes me despise her ass even more. The only envy I have is that she has his whole heart, but lemme tell something to you lmfaoo; I know I can snatch it away from her if he met me. She didn’t do a ma’fµck!n thing to earn all of that from him. Whew, the lord was a good one for putting me in the 90s generation, cause I know she’s a placeholder & I would’ve shut her down . Trust & believe that :curllip
Last year, I’ve also read that book about her by that mf randy terrabolli or whateva & all of her prima donna shenanigans & cries for attention just left me like
View attachment 2325405

Bruh what the fµck did Michael everrrrr see in her & what tf was he thinking? Idk if it’s nasty hoodoo or if she got that golden throat bc I know half the industry has been in that mouth & geriatric puss. He didn’t want that sh!t fr. She doesn’t give a lovely fµck about anyone but herself. At least own being a conniving b!tch who would eat her young alive if she felt like it would steal her precious spotlight. Why fake for the cameras & keep up this charade that you’re this sweet, charming woman when you’re literally the devil in a gown? Like get tf over yourself, already. She’s no boss b!tch to me either. Tuh, I would deadass laugh in her face if she called herself trying to own me or act like she’s better than me. No b!tch. :twitcy It’s the other way around cause I’m that b!tch in real life . Just cause you wear a couple of sparkly dresses & was a pass-around who put her pussy on her boss & ended up having an outside baby w/ him, doesn’t make you sh!t. I would’ve handled her like
View attachment 2325467

And since Michael would’ve been my nyg w/o a shadow of a doubt, I would’ve pulled an Enid & dragged her ass if she thought she was still going to sniff up the wrong dick. b!tch aht aht! He’s taken & I've already marked my territory . I’d go upside his head too if he stepped out on me w/ her. Katherine deflee would’ve liked me better for her son as well .
The end :wink7

Michael knew her personally. We know her just from a big difference and we don't know what is a roumor and what is true. I only know: If Michael loved her so dearly and this friendship did hold on 'till Michael's death Diana can't be that horrible person. Maybe she didn't play right with Michael and his feelings about her but that's a thing between Michael and Diana. We NEVER know the whole truth so we should'nt convict Diana and her relationships to different men. What she did with Barry, Michael and others is not our business. As I still told: She ALWAYS defended Michael. She always was a friend to him. That's important. The rest is her own business!

saucyqueen

Reaction score
Reactions
2,799 145 69
Alleybux
Michael knew her personally. We know her just from a big difference and we don't know what is a roumor and what is true. I only know: If Michael loved her so dearly and this friendship did hold on 'till Michael's death Diana can't be that horrible person. Maybe she didn't play right with Michael and his feelings about her but that's a thing between Michael and Diana. We NEVER know the whole truth so we should'nt convict Diana and her relationships to different men. What she did with Barry, Michael and others is not our business. As I still told: She ALWAYS defended Michael. She always was a friend to him. That's important. The rest is her own business!

Oh whateva lmaooooo I still don’t respect or like the weird b!tch :twitcy. Yea, it’s cute that they had a “friendship” & she kinda, sorta defended him, but she’ll never get no cool points by the way she moved & how her attitude was & probably still is. & please believe Michael would’ve liked me better . The end :bashful

DinBar

The Misunderstood
Reaction score
Reactions
16,872 269 60
Alleybux
For me ALL of
65Ih.gif

6zmh.gif

6yT8.gif
EWEA29.gif
K6QbFO.gif
44183f7833570d01d06df39f1fad226e.jpg
-Kiss-from-Diana-michael-jackson-9544315-594-504.jpg
main-qimg-ed268a121f5cbb69779ef6679d7e9c19
THIS.gif

While she was "supposedly" seriously dating ol' crusty Gene Simmons!

8cffd7487f5cf6538a0f2177fd4a5d0a.gif

MJDR4EVER

Monique
Reaction score
Reactions
2,299 71 58
Alleybux

THANK YOU!!!!

You know as MJ fans we always say to not believe all the negative things people write and say about Michael but when it comes to negative publicity about Diana people believe it all. Like you said if Diana was as horrible as a person as people say I just don't think Michael would love her like he did. Like I mentioned previously she doesn't speak up against the negative press against her so negative things is all hear about. Doesn't mean its true tho

Like in this interview @11:45 she even says she doesn't care about what is written about her. I recommend watching the whole interview by the way.

Finally, regardless whether anyone likes her or not it is obvious she was perfect for him, according to what Michael said he likes in a woman compared to what a friend of Diana has said about her.

SmartSelect_20210217-181545_Instagram (1).jpg

"I like it when girls are a little
more tomboyish. If they wrestled climb a trees I
love that. I like class thought class is
everything" - Michael Jackson to Rabbi
Shumuley

"She has a chameleon quality. One
minute she is a little kidd a tomboy. The next
minutes she is a very sophisticated woman"
-Shelly Berger Diana's manager and friend.

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
People think Diana fµcked Berry Gordy to get to the top

Diana wasn't up front about Berry Gordy being the father of her daughter

Diana treated others like sh!t, including Patti Labelle and the late Florence Ballard

Diana beefs with her fellow group members of the Supremes

Diana is known to be a diva which the term was probably created specifically for her

I think philanthropy would really help Diana's image but I doubt she's the giving type.

Interesting. Hadn't realized that she wasn't a philanthropist. (n)

Diana has always been my G.O.A.T. favorite female entertainer whom I could never "hate", and even so, I can see these ways she has that people dislike but I think her professed values are the allure for me as far her entertainment and I mostly don't blame her for not gad what ppl think. Her love of family, songs about children, reach out and touch and all that. She even has a spiritual bent. I guess I'm saying, she means well.

She gives her fans plenty to forgive though ... I recall that she completely ignored her fans in the 70s after the concert as if to say, "I did my job on stage and back stage is my territory now get lost". She didn't so much as look toward nor wave at about 15 or 20 of us standing in this back stage garage as she got herself and her kids into the limo. Not even so much as one of those condescending, looking-in-the-opposite-direction or looking down type of waves did she give her excited fans which was messed up. While being ignored by a fave was disappointing it didn't turn me against her.

Another reason may be bc back in the day, she was thought of as one who didn't really care to be black although that may have been very unfair bc sometimes black people in those days used to say that about someone whenever someone could speak in complete sentences...no shade just truth.

In an Ebony interview she was asked about how she felt about the fact that people think that about her, and in her own defense, she said that when she looks in the mirror she knows she's black, which of course was beside the point. I think they were looking for her to have more of an empathy - - - perhaps for the civil rights movement, for Detroit, and all the problems in the world of blacks not to mention marrying yt and Jewish at that which I considered to be show biz ''insurance''...sort of like, ''staying in bed with the boss'' since she obviously was ambitious first and everything else after. But I felt ok about her regardless bc you never know what its like to be someone else.

Some hate it but I find that she is incredibly entertaining as she unabashedly steals the spotlight being imo that she is so very "Aries" she can't help herself lol

I remember on some reunion show, seeing her with my own eyes practically knock Mary Wilson off the stage jumping in front of her at the microphone :LOL: of course I'm exagerrating but she clearly pushed her out of the way.

At an award show (1984/85) after she introduced Whitney Houston - - - Whitney's fans went mad crazy applauding for Whitney - I mean they went HOG WILD over the new G.O.A.T. in town! Diana got on the microphone waving her hands downward as to bring order, saying to the audience, "that's enough that's enough!" :LOL: She couldn't let this wonderful new superstar have her complete moment even after being a "mature" veteran for decades longer than Whitney was even alive.

I do admit that I did not care for the way she seduced Arsenio with a french kiss with the world knowing she was famously married. Now, for all we know maybe her husband had cheated on her, maybe it was planned with Arsenio ... it just didn't look like the right thing for her to be doing.

She's still my favorite female entertainer of all time though...I just find her antics to be amusing cautionary tales for the most part.

I admit I do not understand why she didn't seem to guide and direct her son/lover/friend Michael Jackson away from so much calamity in his career and I probably never will. That bothers me. But all I know is I don't understand. It doesn't make me hate her. I'd just like to understand wtf.

Last edited:

NY_Mami

Not Desus DAMMIT!
Reaction score
Reactions
465,387 8,909 2,622
Alleybux
One of Mary Wilson’s people was shading her on the news the other week after she put out her statement regarding Mary’s passing... said “Well if you really felt that way then you should have made the effort to make a reunion happen when she was here reaching out to you to make it happen”... I was FLOORED!!!!

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
I know a lot of fans are upset at Diana for saying Happy Birthday to Oprah. Which in my opinion is nothing to drag the woman for. Just cuz she said happy birthday to her don't mean she agrees with that leaving neverland bµllsh!t. But anyway, even before that Diana Ross has been like the most despised woman in Michael's life and for what?! For breaking Michael's heart waaaaay back in 1986?! If that is the case, yall really, really, really, need to get over it. Michael sure did and went on to publicly profess his love for her for the rest of his life. Is it because you think she never defended him? Well she did. I'm sure yall have seen footage from the one talk show she was on when the host started making fun of Michael she loudly and boldly put a stop to that. Where was she in the 2005 case? Well she did an interview where she was asked about that she declined to speak about him because it hurt her and you can tell by her facial expression that it did. Even recently when the whole leaving neverland circus started, it was right around the time of her 75th birthday and she publicly came out in defense of Michael BEFORE her celebration and caught holy hell for it. And even during her party there was video of her dancing to Michael's music.

And even more recently here is a clip of her holding of a picture of her together with Michael and singing Endless Love @ 1:05:50

Diana Ross Concert | Encore Theater | The Wynn Las Vegas | Diamond Jubilee (75) - YouTube

So I really don't understand why people are so damn upset at her for just saying happy birthday to someone. Diana saying happy birthday to Oprah doesn't mean that she agrees with what she has done. Diana obviously loves Michael, she has shown and proven that over the 40 years of which she knew him in life, and over the nearly 11 years after his passing. I really wish yall would stop criticizing every single damn thing that she does. Yall don't know her, and yall didn't know Michael. She did, she knew more about Michael than most people! She has probably even done things with Michael that yall could only dream of doing!

Yes I standing up boldly and proudly for her cause she deserves it cause she did the same for Michael. Deal with it *mic drop*

I had no idea she said Happy Birthday to Oprah! (LOL I know I know... started the thread backwards)

That is disturbing.

Why because Diana is very loyal to Michael, that's why.

The fact that she didn't take him under her wing bothers me already but THIS.

The reason its disturbing OP is SIMPLE and very obvious.

Its because it begs the question, WHY

When did Diana Ross and Oprah Winfrey become so close that Diana just HAD to wish her a happy birthday?

Why could she not maintain the united front of support for Michael and let Oprah's close friends remember her birthday.

WHY OP

WHY

Last edited:

sea sparkle

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,498 58 12
Alleybux
Welp, I remember hearing my parents joke that she was the Dirty Diana referenced ..one even said that MJ sang "Dir-ty, Di-a-na-Ross" (Ross under his breath almost). Many of the kids who grew up listening to Motown were silent witness to whatever garnered her that reputation during their formative years.
I've done my own digging since then, and let's just say the Florence Ballard story alone was enough to turn my coat.

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
I too am always glad to see her defending him ... I just wish someone would help me out with a reasonable theory of why she did not guide, direct and protect him in that industry. I cannot imagine her kids going through any of what MJ did over the years.

She had over a decade jumpstart in the industry over him. An artist dealing with the industry "suits" was clearly a lesson in itself. She knew some stuff that it SEEMS that Michael had to find out the hard way such as the plethora of managers MJ had over the years some of whom ripped him off. Managing his public image. These things

She may be defending him now but imo its really the least she could do.

I realize I do not know their business at all, I just don't like that MJ had to go through hell while it seems that she was taking complete control of her own business while everyone else was taking complete control of Michael's.

I'd expect an old friend to have his back before hand, not just after. But again, I realize that I just don't understand.

But that is the only thing that really bothers me about Diana Ross.

And now that she publicly wished MJ's most covert enemy a happy birthday, I will add that too.

I along with others don't like the idea of it...mainly bc of what it looks like is really going on, on the DL. Think about it.

Diane has got to keep her good standing probably for the sake of her daughter. They play some nasty games and Diana knows it.

And the only reason they hate Michael is bc he was a straight hetero black man with an amazing heart who kept his distance, respected them regardless, and wanted no parts of their nasty disgusting, manipulative world.

Diana on the other hand ... has never really seemed to have a problem with it.

Last edited:

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
THANK YOU!!!!

You know as MJ fans we always say to not believe all the negative things people write and say about Michael but when it comes to negative publicity about Diana people believe it all. Like you said if Diana was as horrible as a person as people say I just don't think Michael would love her like he did. Like I mentioned previously she doesn't speak up against the negative press against her so negative things is all hear about. Doesn't mean its true tho

Like in this interview @11:45 she even says she doesn't care about what is written about her. I recommend watching the whole interview by the way.

Finally, regardless whether anyone likes her or not it is obvious she was perfect for him, according to what Michael said he likes in a woman compared to what a friend of Diana has said about her.

View attachment 2332185

"I like it when girls are a little
more tomboyish. If they wrestled climb a trees I
love that. I like class thought class is
everything" - Michael Jackson to Rabbi
Shumuley

"She has a chameleon quality. One
minute she is a little kidd a tomboy. The next
minutes she is a very sophisticated woman"
-Shelly Berger Diana's manager and friend.

sorry I meant to delete
One of Mary Wilson’s people was shading her on the news the other week after she put out her statement regarding Mary’s passing... said “Well if you really felt that way then you should have made the effort to make a reunion happen when she was here reaching out to you to make it happen”... I was FLOORED!!!!
Wonder...what did Ms Ross say:neutral:

Last edited:

CrotchyGirl

Reaction score
Reactions
3,044 95 26
Alleybux
Oh whateva lmaooooo I still don’t respect or like the weird b!tch :twitcy. Yea, it’s cute that they had a “friendship” & she kinda, sorta defended him, but she’ll never get no cool points by the way she moved & how her attitude was & probably still is. & please believe Michael would’ve liked me better . The end :bashful

I'm not so sure about this. Michael didn't like disrespectful people, so......

saucyqueen

Reaction score
Reactions
2,799 145 69
Alleybux
I'm not so sure about this. Michael didn't like disrespectful people, so......

Sheeeeit . Well diana’s behavior was flagrant & gross . There’s nothing nice about that woman . Hell, Jezebel walked so
she could run . So you can’t speak for him, boo. She could’ve sucked his dick til it was bone dry & supported his dreams for centuries, but as soon as he would’ve met me, she’d be gone :twitcy
Now good day

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
Sheeeeit . Well diana’s behavior was flagrant & gross . There’s nothing nice about that woman . Hell, Jezebel walked so
she could run
. So you can’t speak for him, boo. She could’ve sucked his dick til it was bone dry & supported his dreams for centuries, but as soon as he would’ve met me, she’d be gone :twitcy
Now good day

:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

kpnitreal100

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,842 203 124
Alleybux
On a serious note, how bad could she have been for him to leave his most prize possessions to her in his will?

MJDR4EVER

Monique
Reaction score
Reactions
2,299 71 58
Alleybux
Why could she not maintain the united front of support for Michael and let Oprah's close friends remember her birthday.

WHY OP

WHY

I can't answer why for her but I can give an example in my life for which I am doing something similar.

There is this girl I know, I've known her for years since we were in junior high I just recently like within the last three years found out that her religious views are completely different than mine and in that particular conversation I had with her she said some things that have hurt some things that she said were about other people and I of course told her that I did not feel the same. I don't know even after that difficult and painful conversation we somehow didn't lose the respect we had for each other. For me, I still see her as a human being, and even though she may not believe she is still a part of God's creation deserving of love and respect.

Last month when we got our stimulus checks our little group of friends went on a little shopping spree at the mall. She is the only one in our group who has the beliefs that she has but we all love and respect her. There are some subjects that we don't bring up anymore in conversation cause it will be painful and will start conflict be are also praying for her everyday. Her birthday in fact is next week, I am going to wish her happy birthday and buy her a gift cause Ive always done that and although we disagree and she has said hurtful things I still forgive (although she hasn't asked for forgiveness cause she thinks she is right), respect and love her as my friend. I don't know I just believe love conquers all. Love overcomes hate, light overcomes darkness. That's just the kind of person that I am.

Again, I can't speak for Diana, just giving my own personal experience in a similar situation. Saying happy birthday and being nice to someone isn't reason enough to drag her imo. It ain't like she is out here promoting Leaving Neverland!

MJDR4EVER

Monique
Reaction score
Reactions
2,299 71 58
Alleybux
she could run . So you can’t speak for him, boo. She could’ve sucked his dick til it was bone dry & supported his dreams for centuries, but as soon as he would’ve met me, she’d be gone :twitcy
Now good day

Girl I must say if you could've torn Michael away from Diana you must be a hell of a woman cuz MJ was stuck to Miss Ross like gorilla glue! I bow to you

tenor.gif

Psalm

I groan back and sometimes I do so viciously
Reaction score
Reactions
283,912 18,832 4,093
Alleybux
she even gave an interview once saying “Mary is lucky I let her tour using MY songs.”

Shes’s a horrible b!tch and treated Florence like crap.

Did she and MJ date? Yuck!

VeraJayne

The Girl Can't Help It
Reaction score
Reactions
21,332 295 99
Alleybux
My main reason for not liking Diana Ross is the whole “Lady/Queen of Motown” title she’s been given. She’s kind of the unofficial female face of Motown and I feel that is only due to her affair with Berry Gordy which has already been talked about to death in this thread. Personally I think Gladys Knight, Mary Wells, and Tammi Terrell were far better singers/more talented than Diana Ross.

Also I’ve read rumors that she has an attitude problem and has an air of being “better than thou.” So there’s that.

I feel like people don’t like her due to her relationship with MJ just from the fact that she was much older and allegedly she being “Dirty Diana.”

All this said, I don’t think there’s anything wrong you being a Diana Stan, OP. If it makes you feel better I don’t hate her she’s just not one of my favorite singers but I think she’s a good actress.

MJgpperv

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,818 15 3
Alleybux

My main reason for not liking Diana Ross is the whole “Lady/Queen of Motown” title she’s been given. She’s kind of the unofficial female face of Motown and I feel that is only due to her affair with Berry Gordy which has already been talked about to death in this thread. Personally I think Gladys Knight, Mary Wells, and Tammi Terrell were far better singers/more talented than Diana Ross.

Also I’ve read rumors that she has an attitude problem and has an air of being “better than thou.” So there’s that.

I feel like people don’t like her due to her relationship with MJ just from the fact that she was much older and allegedly she being “Dirty Diana.”

All this said, I don’t think there’s anything wrong you being a Diana Stan, OP. If it makes you feel better I don’t hate her she’s just not one of my favorite singers but I think she’s a good actress.
Tammi Terrell was way prettier.
tammi-terrell.jpg

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
I can't answer why for her but I can give an example in my life for which I am doing something similar.

There is this girl I know, I've known her for years since we were in junior high I just recently like within the last three years found out that her religious views are completely different than mine and in that particular conversation I had with her she said some things that have hurt some things that she said were about other people and I of course told her that I did not feel the same. I don't know even after that difficult and painful conversation we somehow didn't lose the respect we had for each other. For me, I still see her as a human being, and even though she may not believe she is still a part of God's creation deserving of love and respect.

Last month when we got our stimulus checks our little group of friends went on a little shopping spree at the mall. She is the only one in our group who has the beliefs that she has but we all love and respect her. There are some subjects that we don't bring up anymore in conversation cause it will be painful and will start conflict be are also praying for her everyday. Her birthday in fact is next week, I am going to wish her happy birthday and buy her a gift cause Ive always done that and although we disagree and she has said hurtful things I still forgive (although she hasn't asked for forgiveness cause she thinks she is right), respect and love her as my friend. I don't know I just believe love conquers all. Love overcomes hate, light overcomes darkness. That's just the kind of person that I am.

Again, I can't speak for Diana, just giving my own personal experience in a similar situation. Saying happy birthday and being nice to someone isn't reason enough to drag her imo. It ain't like she is out here promoting Leaving Neverland!
I sincerely appreciate your well thought out response. Defnitely a sign of intelligent life in this universe.

At the same time, your truly touching analogy falls rather short of the 'it' factor that sets this situation apart and that is the profoundly public aspect of this situation and the profound impact of Oprah's actions on MJ's legacy.

I still appreciate your point of view. Thanks for sharing.

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
On a serious note, how bad could she have been for him to leave his most prize possessions to her in his will?
You're right that is a serious thing MJ did. How bad can she be. That is a serious question to me.

Sorry this is long but I feel the need to preface my comment by saying again, to me Ross is the G.O.A.T.

Not only bc she has the most well rounded body of work of any female artist (even compared to Streisand imho even with Streisand doing Broadway) but also bc hers was the first music I ever owned from the age of 5 and I don't mind saying that was in 1966 when DR & The Supremes Greatest Hits anthology album came out and was gifted to me by a strange turn of events.

I instantly fell completely in love with her voice and learned every single song, and on many albums that followed throughout my young years.

I just need to make it clear that I don't take DR lightly and I clearly am not gratuitously critical of her like a lot of MJ stans are. That's the reason it really bothers me whenever anything about her bothers me - - if that makes sense. Because I'm just about as crazy about her as Michael.

When I contemplate this serious question I quoted, my instant feeling is that, first and foremost MJ was famously in love with her, and I think some of it was partly bc of the way she felt about children in general and hers in particular, he trusted her implicitly and Ms Ross clearly seems like an amazing mother who always put her children first and is incredibly supportive of all of them not to mention her being a woman of significant 'means', so .... of course he put her in his will to take care of them in the event....

Then something nags at me about it all as something being 'off' about Ross and MJ's kids .

I'm not saying what Mz Ross did and did not do because I realize that I have no way of knowing.

I say something has seemed 'off' to me because (at least publicly) I never saw DR do a single supportive thing relative to MJ's children after he left us and from a fan point of view it struck me as 'odd'.

I realize that has nothing to do with what MJ signed on a piece of paper in 2002 while he was looking ahead at the unknown.

Again, its just that, a united front would have been nice, as a show of appreciation for MJ's trust in her if nothing else...just out of respect.

I was looking for her to rush (at least publicly) to Paris' aid to at least try and encourage her when she was going through hell in social media and suicide attempt and such.

and maybe she did something for all I know...

Heck for all I know maybe it was Diana's idea for Paris to go to treatment in Utah or maybe she encouraged Paris to meet with her mother Debbie or some other very private nuances maybe took place, but I feel that for fans' sakes she should have done something (anything) publicly for Paris - - and again, its because it was made public that she was appointed by MJ to care for his children in the event of ..

I didn't think that Katherine would literally need to leave earth for DR to give a dam about MJ's kids. I hope I'm seeing it all wrong. At the end of the day I'm just a ''crazed'' fan with high expectations of the G.O.A.T. to support the G.O.A.T. in any way she can now that he's gone and has given her all kinds of public praise.

In social media, or a quick casual photo opt, or a fabricated rumor leaked to a tabloid, "Paris Jackson Offered Retreat By Fellow Aries Diana Ross" lol or something - - because it was incredibly painful to watch Paris on the brink and seeming so lost and basically all alone.

Again, because of all her experience, it seems Diana could have taught Paris a lot about not gaf what people think, about dealing with the masses and the media etc. etc.

I only know that as a fan, I just don't understand.

Maybe you all saw something I did not. I'd sure love to learn about it if you did.

Last edited: