Quantcast

Why Do People Dislike Diana Ross

MJDR4EVER

Monique
Reaction score
Reactions
2,299 71 58
Alleybux
You're right that is a serious thing MJ did. How bad can she be. That is a serious question to me.

Sorry this is long but I feel the need to preface my comment by saying again, to me Ross is the G.O.A.T.

Not only bc she has the most well rounded body of work of any female artist (even compared to Streisand imho even with Streisand doing Broadway) but also bc hers was the first music I ever owned from the age of 5 and I don't mind saying that was in 1966 when DR & The Supremes Greatest Hits anthology album came out and was gifted to me by a strange turn of events.

I instantly fell completely in love with her voice and learned every single song, and on many albums that followed throughout my young years.

I just need to make it clear that I don't take DR lightly and I clearly am not gratuitously critical of her like a lot of MJ stans are. That's the reason it really bothers me whenever anything about her bothers me - - if that makes sense. Because I'm just about as crazy about her as Michael.

When I contemplate this serious question I quoted, my instant feeling is that, first and foremost MJ was famously in love with her, and I think some of it was partly bc of the way she felt about children in general and hers in particular, he trusted her implicitly and Ms Ross clearly seems like an amazing mother who always put her children first and is incredibly supportive of all of them not to mention her being a woman of significant 'means', so .... of course he put her in his will to take care of them in the event....

Then something nags at me about it all as something being 'off' about Ross and MJ's kids .

I'm not saying what Mz Ross did and did not do because I realize that I have no way of knowing.

I say something has seemed 'off' to me because (at least publicly) I never saw DR do a single supportive thing relative to MJ's children after he left us and from a fan point of view it struck me as 'odd'.

I realize that has nothing to do with what MJ signed on a piece of paper in 2002 while he was looking ahead at the unknown.

Again, its just that, a united front would have been nice, as a show of appreciation for MJ's trust in her if nothing else...just out of respect.

I was looking for her to rush (at least publicly) to Paris' aid to at least try and encourage her when she was going through hell in social media and suicide attempt and such.

and maybe she did something for all I know...

Heck for all I know maybe it was Diana's idea for Paris to go to treatment in Utah or maybe she encouraged Paris to meet with her mother Debbie or some other very private nuances maybe took place, but I feel that for fans' sakes she should have done something (anything) publicly for Paris - - and again, its because it was made public that she was appointed by MJ to care for his children in the event of ..

I didn't think that Katherine would literally need to leave earth for DR to give a dam about MJ's kids. I hope I'm seeing it all wrong. At the end of the day I'm just a ''crazed'' fan with high expectations of the G.O.A.T. to support the G.O.A.T. in any way she can now that he's gone and has given her all kinds of public praise.

In social media, or a quick casual photo opt, or a fabricated rumor leaked to a tabloid, "Paris Jackson Offered Retreat By Fellow Aries Diana Ross" lol or something - - because it was incredibly painful to watch Paris on the brink and seeming so lost and basically all alone.

Again, because of all her experience, it seems Diana could have taught Paris a lot about not gaf what people think, about dealing with the masses and the media etc. etc.

I only know that as a fan, I just don't understand.

Maybe you all saw something I did not. I'd sure love to learn about it if you did.

I'm so glad that you mentioned that specific incident of what happened with Paris a few years ago because I have a video of Rhonda giving an answer to the question of Diana being in Michael's children's lives and that specific incident

So yeah she was in contact with Paris through her ordeal as well as the other children she just didn't feel it was appropriate to publicize it. You know I think that since we have grown up in a society where so celebrities have given us free access into their personal daily lives we have kinda taken it for granted and its easy for us to automatically assume that if we don't see it or didn't read about it, it didn't happen.

Diana isn't from that kind of world so obviously she is going to keep anything that isn't related to her career private. And even that, it seems to be extra private when it comes to Michael. With other friends ex lovers/husbands she doesn't really mind talking about a little but with Michael there has always been a wall in which she won't let anybody through.

Also I have read and seen interviews where Diana says that she hasn't seen or been in contact with Michael for years but in a recent interview with Evan from 2018 he says that Michael would come to visit his mother in Conneticut often and that he and MJs kids grew up around each other so obviously Diana had seen Michael much more often than she admitted to but wanted to keep it private. Here is a pic of the article as well as a video of Evan saying that when he got old enough to go to clubs Michael would report back to Diana that he was going out by himself lol (too cute)

smartselect_20210220-154455_in.jpg

All in all I think its fair to say that although they didn't publicize their friendship as much as they did during the 80s, and although she doesn't speak out now about him, his children and whatever relationship she may have with them now doesn't mean she doesn't have any contact with them. Evan is very close with Paris I follow him on ig and many times in his story he post pics of him hanging out with her. So I'm sure that from time to time she speaks with Diana too.

Like I said though Diana is a private person and extra private when it comes to Michael. Idk I just have the feeling that they are soulmates but due to the hand that they were dealt, it couldn't happen. But I believe that whatever they had was very special to them and they wanted to keep it just between them. I don't see Diana talking at length about Michael ever. Here is a little something I just threw together of a couple of clips from late 2019 or very early 2020 of Diana singing endless love with a pic of MJ in her hand and her saying that she loves him dearly. At the end is a clip from 1996 of MJ saying he loves Diana dearly

ShandraF

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,337 6,713 1,285
Alleybux
I am a Diana Stan so I have been a witness all.my life. Some think she can not sing. Her behavior when she was younger was horrible to some. She had a all about me attitude. If not for Gordy, some think she would not have gotten far. Some think she was not even cute but she glowed up!
how did she act when she was young?

ShandraF

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,337 6,713 1,285
Alleybux
I am a Diana Stan so I have been a witness all.my life. Some think she can not sing. Her behavior when she was younger was horrible to some. She had a all about me attitude. If not for Gordy, some think she would not have gotten far. Some think she was not even cute but she glowed up!

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
I'm so glad that you mentioned that specific incident of what happened with Paris a few years ago because I have a video of Rhonda giving an answer to the question of Diana being in Michael's children's lives and that specific incident

So yeah she was in contact with Paris through her ordeal as well as the other children she just didn't feel it was appropriate to publicize it. You know I think that since we have grown up in a society where so celebrities have given us free access into their personal daily lives we have kinda taken it for granted and its easy for us to automatically assume that if we don't see it or didn't read about it, it didn't happen.

Diana isn't from that kind of world so obviously she is going to keep anything that isn't related to her career private. And even that, it seems to be extra private when it comes to Michael. With other friends ex lovers/husbands she doesn't really mind talking about a little but with Michael there has always been a wall in which she won't let anybody through.

Also I have read and seen interviews where Diana says that she hasn't seen or been in contact with Michael for years but in a recent interview with Evan from 2018 he says that Michael would come to visit his mother in Conneticut often and that he and MJs kids grew up around each other so obviously Diana had seen Michael much more often than she admitted to but wanted to keep it private. Here is a pic of the article as well as a video of Evan saying that when he got old enough to go to clubs Michael would report back to Diana that he was going out by himself lol (too cute)

View attachment 2339747

All in all I think its fair to say that although they didn't publicize their friendship as much as they did during the 80s, and although she doesn't speak out now about him, his children and whatever relationship she may have with them now doesn't mean she doesn't have any contact with them. Evan is very close with Paris I follow him on ig and many times in his story he post pics of him hanging out with her. So I'm sure that from time to time she speaks with Diana too.

Like I said though Diana is a private person and extra private when it comes to Michael. Idk I just have the feeling that they are soulmates but due to the hand that they were dealt, it couldn't happen. But I believe that whatever they had was very special to them and they wanted to keep it just between them. I don't see Diana talking at length about Michael ever. Here is a little something I just threw together of a couple of clips from late 2019 or very early 2020 of Diana singing endless love with a pic of MJ in her hand and her saying that she loves him dearly. At the end is a clip from 1996 of MJ saying he loves Diana dearly

THANK YOU. It helps a lot. I appreciate you doing that.

eta: It seems the bothersome question I've had is being answered in different forms all this weekend, as far as why it seems she wasn't there for him like I wanted lol.

I re-listened to Drop the Mask and found it more interesting this time.

I also found an interesting clue in their astrology synastry which I will get around to posting in the astrology thread.

According to her lyrics, she tried to be there for him but it seems he had shut her out.

The song was released May 4, 1999. Katherine's birthday coincidentally.

The lyric I don't understand is: No one knows what you're going through
Whatever it is, i'll be there for you
If you drop the mask, be yourself
Drop the mask
Trust someone else

What could she mean by, ''trust someone else''

Here are the full lyrics from the internet:

Look in the mirror, who do you see
Where is the man that you used to be

When you turn off the world and turn down the lights
Do you ever wonder who you are tonight

I knew you then, i love you now
You can call me up when it gets you down

Behind the shades there's someone real
Behind your eyes i wonder how you feel

This is me talking to you
There's just one thing i'm asking you to do

You gotta drop the mask, be yourself
Drop the mask
Trust someone else

No one knows what you're going through

Drop the mask
Trust someone else

I was there when it all began
I still remember the boy within the man

I understand what it means to run and hide
There's so much that we're holding onto deep down inside

This is me talking to you
The only thing that i want you to do

You gotta drop the mask, be yourself
Drop the mask
Trust someone else

No one knows what you're going through
When you drop the mask, be yourself
Drop the mask
Trust someone else

Drop the mask
Drop the mask
Let down your guard, open your heart
Unloose your chains, don't be afraid
Drop the mask
Be yourself
Be yourself
Trust someone else
You gotta drop the mask
Let down your guard, oh you gotta drop the mask
Trust someone else
You gotta drop the mask

Last edited:

SUINSC

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,626 813 285
Alleybux
she even gave an interview once saying “Mary is lucky I let her tour using MY songs.”

Shes’s a horrible b!tch and treated Florence like crap.

Did she and MJ date? Yuck!

Diana actually said that those were her songs?? Whoa!! When did she say that?

Dangnabit100

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,446 1,464 474
Alleybux
Very competitive! Rude! For example, she saw the dresses Patti and the Bluebelles wore so she got the same dresses. Since the Supremes came on stage first it looked as if Patti's group copied. She had Gladys and the Pips kicked off a tour because they were out shining the Supremes. I read she hit an airline worker because the worker saw she had a dog in her hat box and the airline worker would not let her on the plane with the dog.

MJDR4EVER

Monique
Reaction score
Reactions
2,299 71 58
Alleybux
THANK YOU. It helps a lot. I appreciate you doing that.

eta: It seems the bothersome question I've had is being answered in different forms all this weekend, as far as why it seems she wasn't there for him like I wanted lol.

I re-listened to Drop the Mask and found it more interesting this time.

I also found an interesting clue in their astrology synastry which I will get around to posting in the astrology thread.

According to her lyrics, she tried to be there for him but it seems he had shut her out.

The song was released May 4, 1999. Katherine's birthday coincidentally.

The lyric I don't understand is: No one knows what you're going through
Drop the mask
Trust someone else

I don't take the time to dissect every single word in a song. I feel doing so is futile and unimportant. While some lines may hold a significance, others may not, just written in because it flows well with the melody or rhymes well ect. So for me, I don't take the time out to study every line especially when the overall meaning of the song is sufficive enough.

That being said, that song is interesting

We all know, and I think it is safe to say that Michael surrounded himself with "yes" people; people who would do whatever he wanted simply because he was Michael Jackson and they wanted that status, money, lifestyle ect without really caring about his well being. People who would tell him no, or say something that he didn't want to hear were often shut out for a time period and this included family and friends.

It does appear that Diana was there for Michael when things came tumbling down in his life with the first case in 1993 there is an interview of her saying that she spoke with him twice. Start @ 12:55. During this time she was very busy promoting her memoirs and 30th anniversary cd collection but I believe she was there for him as much as the time she had allowed her to be

And even before that I don't know if you have seen this interview with Larry King from 1991 she said that she had taken her children to meet him.

Then there is this one interview from 1999 (which I can't find for the life of me and its PISSING ME OFF! lol) where she says that she hasn't seen him in years and then right after says she just went to visit him in his studio.

Then here is an interview with Evan where he says that he went on the History tour with him @ 3:12

Then in the second case in 2005 she was on the list of witnesses to testify in Michael's defense. As I'm sure you know Diana was seen around Michael a couple times in 2002 (Liza's wedding, Apollo performance). This was the time that Michael knew Gavin so it wouldn't surprise me if Diana was around Neverland during the times Gavin was there. In fact I think Evan was the same age as Gavin so maybe even they were friends (at that time, before the allegations of course)

So again, what I'm trying to get at is that I don't think that there were numerous years in between the times that they saw each other. Maybe weeks to months at the most and that is due to of course because they travel for a living but when their schedules allowed for it, they saw each other, not much unlike it was for them in the 80s when they publicized their friendship more.

I think the reason for the song Drop The Mask was more about how she didn't trust the people he had around him and maybe when she vocalized her concerns he did become defensive and secretive. In the 80s and prior when she would give him advise he likely eagerly listened and would follow it. But then once he started getting these "yes" people around him, he no longer wanted to hear what he had to say and she wasn't used to him having that kind of attitude towards her. Likely he became kinda a different person in a way because of the company he kept.

Anyway that is just my opinion. Of course I'm sure many would've liked for Diana to have been joined at the hip to Michael like she was during the early days; for Diana to have thrown all caution to the wind, married him and lived happily ever after in Switzerland. And to top that all us to be 100% transparent with us fans and give us a day to day report of their daily lives lol. Unfortunately in life there are very few happily ever afters and Diana is a very private person so we are stuck with trying to read between the lines of whatever little information we have.

I am super fans of them both I just think that they are wonderful so I have done extensive research into their relationship and this is what I have discovered along with my opinions. I hope you can understand it lol. My dm's are always open if you care to discuss further.

ShandraF

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,337 6,713 1,285
Alleybux
I don't take the time to dissect every single word in a song. I feel doing so is futile and unimportant. While some lines may hold a significance, others may not, just written in because it flows well with the melody or rhymes well ect. So for me, I don't take the time out to study every line especially when the overall meaning of the song is sufficive enough.

We all know, and I think it is safe to say that Michael surrounded himself with "yes" people; people who would do whatever he wanted simply because he was Michael Jackson and they wanted that status, money, lifestyle ect without really caring about his well being. People who would tell him no, or say something that he didn't want to hear were often shut out for a time period and this included family and friends.

It does appear that Diana was there for Michael when things came tumbling down in his life with the first case in 1993 there is an interview of her saying that she spoke with him twice. Start @ 12:55. During this time she was very busy promoting her memoirs and 30th anniversary cd collection but I believe she was there for him as much as the time she had allowed her to be

And even before that I don't know if you have seen this interview with Larry King from 1991 she said that she had taken her children to meet him.

Then there is this one interview from 1999 (which I can't find for the life of me and its PISSING ME OFF! lol) where she says that she hasn't seen him in years and then right after says she just went to visit him in his studio.

Then here is an interview with Evan where he says that he went on the History tour with him @ 3:12

Then in the second case in 2005 she was on the list of witnesses to testify in Michael's defense. As I'm sure you know Diana was seen around Michael a couple times in 2002 (Liza's wedding, Apollo performance). This was the time that Michael knew Gavin so it wouldn't surprise me if Diana was around Neverland during the times Gavin was there. In fact I think Evan was the same age as Gavin so maybe even they were friends (at that time, before the allegations of course)

So again, what I'm trying to get at is that I don't think that there were numerous years in between the times that they saw each other. Maybe weeks to months at the most and that is due to of course because they travel for a living but when their schedules allowed for it, they saw each other, not much unlike it was for them in the 80s when they publicized their friendship more.

I think the reason for the song Drop The Mask was more about how she didn't trust the people he had around him and maybe when she vocalized her concerns he did become defensive and secretive. In the 80s and prior when she would give him advise he likely eagerly listened and would follow it. But then once he started getting these "yes" people around him, he no longer wanted to hear what he had to say and she wasn't used to him having that kind of attitude towards her. Likely he became kinda a different person in a way because of the company he kept.

Anyway that is just my opinion. Of course I'm sure many would've liked for Diana to have been joined at the hip to Michael like she was during the early days; for Diana to have thrown all caution to the wind, married him and lived happily ever after in Switzerland. And to top that all us to be 100% transparent with us fans and give us a day to day report of their daily lives lol. Unfortunately in life there are very few happily ever afters and Diana is a very private person so we are stuck with trying to read between the lines of whatever little information we have.

I am super fans of them both I just think that they are wonderful so I have done extensive research into their relationship and this is what I have discovered along with my opinions. I hope you can understand it lol. My dm's are always open if you care to discuss further.

I liked her hair on Regis and Kathie

kpnitreal100

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,841 203 124
Alleybux

I'm not even going to front. I loved Diana back in the day. Chile I watched Lady Sings the Blues and Mahogany so many times I knew the entire script. Then when she played the Schizophrenic, what was that movie again? I know I can google it, but I'm lazy tonight LOL Out of Darkness, something like that?

SoUnique

Because I am Gotdamnit
Reaction score
Reactions
2,271 282 191
Alleybux
People think Diana fµcked Berry Gordy to get to the top

Diana wasn't up front about Berry Gordy being the father of her daughter

Diana treated others like sh!t, including Patti Labelle and the late Florence Ballard

Diana beefs with her fellow group members of the Supremes

Diana is known to be a diva which the term was probably created specifically for her

I think philanthropy would really help Diana's image but I doubt she's the giving type.
THIS
The dislike has nothing to do with Michael. It's how she stabbed her fellow Supremes in the back and slept with Barry Gordy to get to the top. Also, there are the accounts of how she literally brushed past Black folks to fall all over white people in the crowd.
THIS
I don’t mean to make this long, but here’s my take; She’s just weird asf, to me she’s not that cute. She’s basic, old, her wide ass creepy smile seems fake, & I will never understand why my man mike simped over that or why he wanted to wife her. Yea she loved him so much, that she went & married another man & also never claimed him in public :emoji_face_palm: he should’ve been kicked her corny ass to the curb. Obviously, she handled him like a boy toy like the rest. The fµck?

View attachment 2325397

Her music is not my cup of tea(never was). Growing up, I don’t know anybody who listens to the b!tch. I just know her from a couple of movies she did. In 2019, that’s when I’ve learned about their entanglement & it makes me despise her ass even more. The only envy I have is that she has his whole heart, but lemme tell something to you lmfaoo; I know I can snatch it away from her if he met me. She didn’t do a ma’fµck!n thing to earn all of that from him. Whew, the lord was a good one for putting me in the 90s generation, cause I know she’s a placeholder & I would’ve shut her down . Trust & believe that :curllip
Last year, I’ve also read that book about her by that mf randy terrabolli or whateva & all of her prima donna shenanigans & cries for attention just left me like
View attachment 2325405

Bruh what the fµck did Michael everrrrr see in her & what tf was he thinking? Idk if it’s nasty hoodoo or if she got that golden throat bc I know half the industry has been in that mouth & geriatric puss. He didn’t want that sh!t fr. She doesn’t give a lovely fµck about anyone but herself. At least own being a conniving b!tch who would eat her young alive if she felt like it would steal her precious spotlight. Why fake for the cameras & keep up this charade that you’re this sweet, charming woman when you’re literally the devil in a gown? Like get tf over yourself, already. She’s no boss b!tch to me either. Tuh, I would deadass laugh in her face if she called herself trying to own me or act like she’s better than me. No b!tch. :twitcy It’s the other way around cause I’m that b!tch in real life . Just cause you wear a couple of sparkly dresses & was a pass-around who put her pussy on her boss & ended up having an outside baby w/ him, doesn’t make you sh!t. I would’ve handled her like
View attachment 2325467

And since Michael would’ve been my nyg w/o a shadow of a doubt, I would’ve pulled an Enid & dragged her ass if she thought she was still going to sniff up the wrong dick. b!tch aht aht! He’s taken & I've already marked my territory . I’d go upside his head too if he stepped out on me w/ her. Katherine deflee would’ve liked me better for her son as well .
The end :wink7
Lol. THIS too.

And the fact that she raped my dude and she's a filthy hoe.

Ever wonder why she has no friends?

Because of the statement's above. Good day

Dangnabit100

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,446 1,464 474
Alleybux
I'm not even going to front. I loved Diana back in the day. Chile I watched Lady Sings the Blues and Mahogany so many times I knew the entire script. Then when she played the Schizophrenic, what was that movie again? I know I can google it, but I'm lazy tonight LOL Out of Darkness, something like that?
I love her to death too. I love the Supremes even more. I understand no one is perfect. Most of the bad stuff she did was 50 to 60 years ago!

Ignosce me

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,445 6,006 4,167
Alleybux
my momma don't like her because she was too old to play Dorthy in the whiz.

I don't like how she led Michael on for years when she had no intention of marrying him. Seemed like a power trip to her, but that was his real life she was affecting.

DinBar

The Misunderstood
Reaction score
Reactions
16,872 269 60
Alleybux

View attachment 2339747

The majority of this I agree, however, I like to get your opinion on a little deeper level.

Do you think particularly during that 1981 year when MJ and Diana were often "hanging out" publicly and privately despite the fact she was still dating Crusty Gene, that even then MJ & Diana were only a purely platonic relationship/friendship?

That particular year (personally) for me will remain in my mind with those two (MJ & Diana) for many reasons...

I'm not trying to imply or make Diana sound like some h*e & I know some of the reasons MJ was her date at the AMAs (because she brought it up in an '81 interview) (and possibly the same at the Oscars) was because Gene wasn't allowed to ever show his face publicly due to being in KISS (at that time).

I recalled she had said something to the effect regarding Gene, 'He was going to be my date at the American Music Awards but couldn't. So, instead, he remained in the background.'

Then, also I thought in that same interview somehow Oscars was mentioned & she said something to the effect of how her bodyguard was originally going to be her date since Gene couldn't but decided that wasn't a good idea. She did hint it was kind of a bumper that Gene isn't about to really go out with her as her date in such events due to his KISS contract.

However, in my view if Jane Fonda who is within the same generation as Diana & was married during that era (& already had children as well) but didn't mind publicly admitting how she was developing an attraction to this younger man MJ. Plus, was tempted to "get it" with him by skinny-dipping.

How would it be much different with Diana?

At least she and Gene weren't married. Gene even admitted in his book how he and Diana were more of an open-relationship despite what I heard recently that he admitted he did fall in love with Diana. I 100% believe that! But why does he remain salty towards MJ?

What has MJ done to him?

Because I'm not buying that Gene 100% knows nor feels that MJ is guilty over you know what!

He always seems to do whatever he can to degrade MJ as a human being. He claims he has asked around about him & never found not ONE woman that ever slept with him, all he ever hears is about him being a pedo.

Why would he do this?

Who does that? It only seems like a person who has some kind of vendetta against another person-plus jealous towards him!

On the other hand:

Hard Rock Calling
INTERVIEW: Beauvoir/Free - Jean Beauvoir and
Micki Free on Michael Jackson and his influence at the Hard Rock Calling at London England. (Footage by WireImage Video/GettyImages)

^Unfortunately, this site will not allow me to upload this video. Let me explain though, I find it odd that Micki Free although is/was a good friend of Gene's & MJ's (as well as the late great Prince) he always seems to make sure he mentions how Diana Ross was Gene Simmon's girlfriend during that time?

Why is that, when no one's asking?!

giphy.gif

Because, I noticed in that Getty Image video that I can't upload here & during his You Tube chat with Tatiana Thumbtzen (yes that Tatiana) he brings that mess up! Saying, 'Diana Ross was Gene's girlfriend!'.

giphy.gif

Anyway, back to Crusty Gene, Gene could had asked his buddy Micki if was aware of MJ with any women or viewed as something else. Because one good thing I got from Micki while he was speaking with Tatiana is that Micki didn't view MJ as damn asexual! So, Gene must not be doing his homework too well!

& if it was so innocent & pure like:
giphy.gif

Mother & Son, as she likes to claim,
compared to:
EWEA29.gif

why
  • Gene acts salty towards MJ
  • Micki feels the need to publicly always say that Diana Ross was GENE's girlfriend!
  • Diana paritcuarly in 1981 becomes flirty with MJ & they both hint over jokes on their age difference as if he is old enough to be his mother?
  • Plus, there's an 1981 NME interview when MJ was actually asked 'What's going on between you and Diana Ross?' MJ never really asked & behaved like it was best to not speak publicly about it?
michael-jackson-and-diana-ross-picture-id88693953

Why is looking like she maybe willing to make this happen? Looking like she was open to kiss him on the lips publicly? But he is the one, who is not sure it is good to do that, since after all she's supposedly Gene's girl, right?

main-qimg-8d89210810d4c888c3948879cd2e16d3

& you got these moments!

65Ih.gif
9e0f774f23276ed87878bbdefb805aef.gif

Why she did it like that? Saying that & wanted to make sure they see them kiss? I get a sense, Diana was possibly willing to make it happen, publicly & possibly break-up with Crusty but out of respect for MJ, it didn't go publicly!

Possibly MJ was trying to respect Gene & his JW religion so that his Mama Katherine wouldn't get a heart-attack out of the thought he & Miss Ross had something going on beyond "mother & son"!

hqdefault.jpg

This is from after their little joke over doing a movie where he is going to play her son! A joke over their age difference & something a few years later even MJ brings up in his way of hinting over why it wasn't possibly going to work out between them.

6yT8.gif

She didn't mind admitting how she (in 1981) found him to be SEXY! Which was true & Jane found him to be that way too!

If she during the late 1960s was dating both Berry Gordy & Rob Ellis trying to decide with one she preferred to officially be with, why would it be any different than she possibly in 1981 was in the middle trying to decide between Mr. Crusty (closer to her age) & Mr. Sexy (younger guy)?

***I hope I'm making sense!

Last edited:

DinBar

The Misunderstood
Reaction score
Reactions
16,872 269 60
Alleybux
my momma don't like her because she was too old to play Dorthy in the whiz.

I don't like how she led Michael on for years when she had no intention of marrying him. Seemed like a power trip to her, but that was his real life she was affecting.
Yep, my Mama felt the exact same way! She always refuses to watch that film & blames Diana over why that film when it originally came out didn't get the success that it deserved!

She always preferred her idol/role-model Irene Cara or even possibly Stephanie Mills than Diana. I still think if Irene got to do it, she would equal the magic that Judy Garland made in the OG one.

I agree with you over the whole Diana & MJ relationship too!

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux

I just love the fact that you're a font who goes through well thought out detail.

What you've said makes sense at the very least although I know you're piecing together what you've seen like we all are.

I really appreciate that.

As for songs, I generally tend to agree due to the numbers of song writers I know who may take a vague experience and turn it into something amazing, and yet I also think it depends on the purpose and intent of the song.

I've seen some song writer/s use their music to throw complete tantrums about something that actually happened.

In this case, (in view of your well-thought-out comment and thank you again) I will take "trust someone else" as meaning, 'trust someone besides them'. That makes sense!

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
I enjoyed this post very much. I never knew or thought about MJ and Diana in 'that way' even if they lived together in secret. Both are my G.O.A.T.S and its a bit counter-intuitive in some ways.

I don't think I feel that way so much because of their age differences (although after MJ was of "AARP" age LOL 50, I feel DR may have felt a lot better about the age differences and if they like it I love it! ), its just against the grain of the way I see the two of thems' values (he loves his fans, putting up with them following him everywhere, sleeping outside his house, greeting them when he comes home vs her "attitude". But they say opposites do attract and I can definitely see that by she being the bold, in your face warrior type and he being the typeB layed back type, how that could work very well together.

I remember reading an article where Diana was asked about relationships and she said something to the effect of, it all depends upon how much we need eachother.

I took that to mean that if the two people have equal exchange of things that make both people better versions of themselves.

So many are perfect for MJ in so many ways its hard to tell sometimes but at this point in time, after all is said and done, I can def see what you're saying.
The majority of this I agree, however, I like to get your opinion on a little deeper level.

Do you think particularly during that 1981 year when MJ and Diana were often "hanging out" publicly and privately despite the fact she was still dating Crusty Gene, that even then MJ & Diana were only a purely platonic relationship/friendship?

That particular year (personally) for me will remain in my mind with those two (MJ & Diana) for many reasons...

I'm not trying to imply or make Diana sound like some h*e & I know some of the reasons MJ was her date at the AMAs (because she brought it up in an '81 interview) (and possibly the same at the Oscars) was because Gene wasn't allowed to ever show his face publicly due to being in KISS (at that time).

I recalled she had said something to the effect regarding Gene, 'He was going to be my date at the American Music Awards but couldn't. So, instead, he remained in the background.'

Then, also I thought in that same interview somehow Oscars was mentioned & she said something to the effect of how her bodyguard was originally going to be her date since Gene couldn't but decided that wasn't a good idea. She did hint it was kind of a bumper that Gene isn't about to really go out with her as her date in such events due to his KISS contract.

However, in my view if Jane Fonda who is within the same generation as Diana & was married during that era (& already had children as well) but didn't mind publicly admitting how she was developing an attraction to this younger man MJ. Plus, was tempted to "get it" with him by skinny-dipping.

How would it be much different with Diana?

At least she and Gene weren't married. Gene even admitted in his book how he and Diana were more of an open-relationship despite what I heard recently that he admitted he did fall in love with Diana. I 100% believe that! But why does he remain salty towards MJ?

What has MJ done to him?

Because I'm not buying that Gene 100% knows nor feels that MJ is guilty over you know what!

He always seems to do whatever he can to degrade MJ as a human being. He claims he has asked around about him & never found not ONE woman that ever slept with him, all he ever hears is about him being a pedo.

Why would he do this?

Who does that? It only seems like a person who has some kind of vendetta against another person-plus jealous towards him!

On the other hand:

Hard Rock Calling
INTERVIEW: Beauvoir/Free - Jean Beauvoir and
Micki Free on Michael Jackson and his influence at the Hard Rock Calling at London England. (Footage by WireImage Video/GettyImages)

^Unfortunately, this site will not allow me to upload this video. Let me explain though, I find it odd that Micki Free although is/was a good friend of Gene's & MJ's (as well as the late great Prince) he always seems to make sure he mentions how Diana Ross was Gene Simmon's girlfriend during that time?

Why is that, when no one's asking?!

giphy.gif

Because, I noticed in that Getty Image video that I can't upload here & during his You Tube chat with Tatiana Thumbtzen (yes that Tatiana) he brings that mess up! Saying, 'Diana Ross was Gene's girlfriend!'.

giphy.gif

Anyway, back to Crusty Gene, Gene could had asked his buddy Micki if was aware of MJ with any women or viewed as something else. Because one good thing I got from Micki while he was speaking with Tatiana is that Micki didn't view MJ as damn asexual! So, Gene must not be doing his homework too well!

& if it was so innocent & pure like:
giphy.gif

Mother & Son, as she likes to claim,
compared to:
EWEA29.gif

why
  • Gene acts salty towards MJ
  • Micki feels the need to publicly always say that Diana Ross was GENE's girlfriend!
  • Diana paritcuarly in 1981 becomes flirty with MJ & they both hint over jokes on their age difference as if he is old enough to be his mother?
  • Plus, there's an 1981 NME interview when MJ was actually asked 'What's going on between you and Diana Ross?' MJ never really asked & behaved like it was best to not speak publicly about it?
michael-jackson-and-diana-ross-picture-id88693953

Why is looking like she maybe willing to make this happen? Looking like she was open to kiss him on the lips publicly? But he is the one, who is not sure it is good to do that, since after all she's supposedly Gene's girl, right?

main-qimg-8d89210810d4c888c3948879cd2e16d3

& you got these moments!

65Ih.gif
9e0f774f23276ed87878bbdefb805aef.gif

Why she did it like that? Saying that & wanted to make sure they see them kiss? I get a sense, Diana was possibly willing to make it happen, publicly & possibly break-up with Crusty but out of respect for MJ, it didn't go publicly!

Possibly MJ was trying to respect Gene & his JW religion so that his Mama Katherine wouldn't get a heart-attack out of the thought he & Miss Ross had something going on beyond "mother & son"!

hqdefault.jpg

This is from after their little joke over doing a movie where he is going to play her son! A joke over their age difference & something a few years later even MJ brings up in his way of hinting over why it wasn't possibly going to work out between them.

6yT8.gif

She didn't mind admitting how she (in 1981) found him to be SEXY! Which was true & Jane found him to be that way too!

If she during the late 1960s was dating both Berry Gordy & Rob Ellis trying to decide with one she preferred to officially be with, why would it be any different than she possibly in 1981 was in the middle trying to decide between Mr. Crusty (closer to her age) & Mr. Sexy (younger guy)?

***I hope I'm making sense!

Jahshii

Barbs, divestors, and republicans= blocked
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,756 4,824 5,011
Alleybux
Because she stabbed her own bandmates and other black female artists during her day.

There was also a lot of favoritism towards because of her sleeping with Gordy

ShandraF

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,337 6,713 1,285
Alleybux
I wondered this as well, I enjoy a lot of her music and her style was bomb

I think its because of how she treated her bandmates and I've heard she slept with a lot of men and was a bit of a backstabber/man stealer

Trav00

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,923 373 214
Alleybux
My main reason for not liking Diana Ross is the whole “Lady/Queen of Motown” title she’s been given. She’s kind of the unofficial female face of Motown and I feel that is only due to her affair with Berry Gordy which has already been talked about to death in this thread. Personally I think Gladys Knight, Mary Wells, and Tammi Terrell were far better singers/more talented than Diana Ross.
There was no other group at Motown bigger than the Supremes. They had 12 number one songs and Billboard ranked them as the biggest girl group of all time. Diana was the lead singer so of course she gets the attention.

I know people like to say she slept her way to the top but Berry didn't give her those hit records. He's not even a musician. Did she get special treatment at times, yes, but he didn't give her commercial success. She built her own career. The singing and touring and rehearsing...Berry didn't do any of that.

Trav00

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,923 373 214
Alleybux
You're right that is a serious thing MJ did. How bad can she be. That is a serious question to me.

Sorry this is long but I feel the need to preface my comment by saying again, to me Ross is the G.O.A.T.

Not only bc she has the most well rounded body of work of any female artist (even compared to Streisand imho even with Streisand doing Broadway) but also bc hers was the first music I ever owned from the age of 5 and I don't mind saying that was in 1966 when DR & The Supremes Greatest Hits anthology album came out and was gifted to me by a strange turn of events.

I instantly fell completely in love with her voice and learned every single song, and on many albums that followed throughout my young years.

I just need to make it clear that I don't take DR lightly and I clearly am not gratuitously critical of her like a lot of MJ stans are. That's the reason it really bothers me whenever anything about her bothers me - - if that makes sense. Because I'm just about as crazy about her as Michael.

When I contemplate this serious question I quoted, my instant feeling is that, first and foremost MJ was famously in love with her, and I think some of it was partly bc of the way she felt about children in general and hers in particular, he trusted her implicitly and Ms Ross clearly seems like an amazing mother who always put her children first and is incredibly supportive of all of them not to mention her being a woman of significant 'means', so .... of course he put her in his will to take care of them in the event....

Then something nags at me about it all as something being 'off' about Ross and MJ's kids .

I'm not saying what Mz Ross did and did not do because I realize that I have no way of knowing.

I say something has seemed 'off' to me because (at least publicly) I never saw DR do a single supportive thing relative to MJ's children after he left us and from a fan point of view it struck me as 'odd'.

I realize that has nothing to do with what MJ signed on a piece of paper in 2002 while he was looking ahead at the unknown.

Again, its just that, a united front would have been nice, as a show of appreciation for MJ's trust in her if nothing else...just out of respect.

I was looking for her to rush (at least publicly) to Paris' aid to at least try and encourage her when she was going through hell in social media and suicide attempt and such.

and maybe she did something for all I know...

Heck for all I know maybe it was Diana's idea for Paris to go to treatment in Utah or maybe she encouraged Paris to meet with her mother Debbie or some other very private nuances maybe took place, but I feel that for fans' sakes she should have done something (anything) publicly for Paris - - and again, its because it was made public that she was appointed by MJ to care for his children in the event of ..

I didn't think that Katherine would literally need to leave earth for DR to give a dam about MJ's kids. I hope I'm seeing it all wrong. At the end of the day I'm just a ''crazed'' fan with high expectations of the G.O.A.T. to support the G.O.A.T. in any way she can now that he's gone and has given her all kinds of public praise.

In social media, or a quick casual photo opt, or a fabricated rumor leaked to a tabloid, "Paris Jackson Offered Retreat By Fellow Aries Diana Ross" lol or something - - because it was incredibly painful to watch Paris on the brink and seeming so lost and basically all alone.

Again, because of all her experience, it seems Diana could have taught Paris a lot about not gaf what people think, about dealing with the masses and the media etc. etc.

I only know that as a fan, I just don't understand.

Maybe you all saw something I did not. I'd sure love to learn about it if you did.
Diana is from a different generation where you don't put your whole life on social media and live for the cameras. I would understand if she chose to do things privately... and she probably did. Some things are just none of the public's business.

Kahota

“It’s time for a Black King” - Michael Jackson
Reaction score
Reactions
53,049 826 785
Alleybux
Knowing the type of dynamic they had, he probably saw past that until she got married

This! It’s amazing how much one can overlook someone’s flaws when they’re in love with them. Been there done that.

Abadb

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,727 81 14
Alleybux
I wondered this as well, I enjoy a lot of her music and her style was bomb

I think its because of how she treated her bandmates and I've heard she slept with a lot of men and was a bit of a backstabber/man stealer
That's what I heard, too.

mauve1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,086 87 24
Alleybux
Does anyone hear and make out what is being spoken by the male voice in the rebuttal song she did?

Reaction score
Reactions
782 141 276
Alleybux
I know a lot of fans are upset at Diana for saying Happy Birthday to Oprah. Which in my opinion is nothing to drag the woman for. Just cuz she said happy birthday to her don't mean she agrees with that leaving neverland bµllsh!t. But anyway, even before that Diana Ross has been like the most despised woman in Michael's life and for what?! For breaking Michael's heart waaaaay back in 1986?! If that is the case, yall really, really, really, need to get over it. Michael sure did and went on to publicly profess his love for her for the rest of his life. Is it because you think she never defended him? Well she did. I'm sure yall have seen footage from the one talk show she was on when the host started making fun of Michael she loudly and boldly put a stop to that. Where was she in the 2005 case? Well she did an interview where she was asked about that she declined to speak about him because it hurt her and you can tell by her facial expression that it did. Even recently when the whole leaving neverland circus started, it was right around the time of her 75th birthday and she publicly came out in defense of Michael BEFORE her celebration and caught holy hell for it. And even during her party there was video of her dancing to Michael's music.

And even more recently here is a clip of her holding of a picture of her together with Michael and singing Endless Love @ 1:05:50

Diana Ross Concert | Encore Theater | The Wynn Las Vegas | Diamond Jubilee (75) - YouTube

So I really don't understand why people are so damn upset at her for just saying happy birthday to someone. Diana saying happy birthday to Oprah doesn't mean that she agrees with what she has done. Diana obviously loves Michael, she has shown and proven that over the 40 years of which she knew him in life, and over the nearly 11 years after his passing. I really wish yall would stop criticizing every single damn thing that she does. Yall don't know her, and yall didn't know Michael. She did, she knew more about Michael than most people! She has probably even done things with Michael that yall could only dream of doing!

Yes I standing up boldly and proudly for her cause she deserves it cause she did the same for Michael. Deal with it mic drop
I personally don't like her because she seems so fake to me. And not only that, I really didn't like her when I found out the things she did to her fellow Supreme mates and Michael Jackson. She did some lowdown stuff.

Redd_Blitz

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
19,518 2,294 3,974
Alleybux
Ross is disliked mostly because she comes off as phony, vindictive, egotistical and overly controlling.

Reaction score
Reactions
782 141 276
Alleybux
Also, just because Gordy gave her a nudge didn't mean the public had to like her. She put in the work with performing regularly and doing the required coaching to be a superstar while others thought only talent is needed! She worked hard which some are jealous! She had the drive!
Diana ross actually the one that was Jealous. She was Jealous of Whitney Houston

Reaction score
Reactions
782 141 276
Alleybux
I don't know what she did right and what she did wrong. I only know that she always defended Michael. The rest is not my business.
Who's perfect and NEVER made a mistake?
We are all humans and humans do mistakes. So what?
Yes, everyone is humans and makes mistakes but the fact I think people don't like her for is she isn't humble at all.

Dangnabit100

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,446 1,464 474
Alleybux
I lost respect for her as a teenager after my sister came home from her concert early because of her diva behavior, and refused to continue a show when a fan got on stage.

My sister said her behavior was horrendous. Haven't liked her since, and I used to love that woman.
We now see how it is inappropriate for a non invited person to be onstage! It can be dangerous or just disrespectful!

OwlLady413

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
359 32 63
Alleybux
If anyone is interested this witch doctor did a reading on Diana and summed what she is.... NYPHOMANIAC

Dangnabit100

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,446 1,464 474
Alleybux
Very competitive, Aries behavior, stuck up , tattle tale, tried to stand out too much from the Supremes and white acting! I do not believe most of these be wise it was misconstrued!