Quantcast

Why do some African Americans disparage the contributions of Non-AA black people to civil rights in the world and in the United States?

NYCsmartboy

NYC Donkey Boy
Reaction score
Reactions
105 6 20
Alleybux
And Malcolm X ain't West Indian so not sure why he's the go to. I wish you all would fix your issues with identity politics instead of antagonizing us.

Malcom X is half grenedian. That's a fact.

NYCsmartboy

NYC Donkey Boy
Reaction score
Reactions
105 6 20
Alleybux
Well, what I will say is that back in the day black folks from the Carribean did not try to distinguish themselves from African Americans. With those "colored" sign up everywhere they knew that it was referring to them, period. So even if they thought they were better, white folks cleared that shyt up real quick and they couldn't separate themselves from us if they wanted to. These days it's different most minorities are juxtaposed against black Americans and some believe that they are better. Now, that's all fine and well until they get kicked in the ass by white supremacy, then they looking for Al Sharpton and discussions about civil rights. To be frank, I can rock with most Carribean Americans who have families who have been here since the early 1900's. They know they deal and ain't fooled by the bullshyt. These recently immigrated folks tho? I rock on a case by case basis. Some think that white folks love them and I just sit back until they get that Negro wake up call.

You're talking as if there aren't African Americans who think they are better than other blacks? Ignorance exist in all cultures. Shouldn't be preaching on something your ethnic is guilty of also. Don't you think?

paradise55

Iloveallmyfans
Reaction score
Reactions
22,626 1,912 4,217
Alleybux
Ohh poor you. Want to feel better about yourself? Just search Dominicans, Nigerians, Jamaica, Brazil, Ethiopia and you will see the sh!t storm of prejudice, ignorance, abuse thrown by (mostly) AA

Apparently Ethiopians are not black enough, Dominicans are the second coming of Satan, Brazilians all live in favelas and are second class citizens, Nigerians bleach until death white washes them apart, and Jamaicans aint sh!t and are racists

Not even gonna start on AA trying to claim reggae.

Know what's funny? I only see these passive aggressive beef threads being hurled at AA's and no one else. And this isn't just on LSA, I've seen this same scenario play out on other parts of the internet and social media to and it's beyond petty and stupid at this point. I have never seen anyone downplay the contributions that WI's have made to African American/black progress. If you wanna keep it a buck, most people wouldn't even know they had any WI parentage. They would be just plain ole black folk.

All of the aforementioned people are highly revered and respected by AA's. Hell, Arthur A Schomburg was a Nuyorican who has his own museum here in Harlem! Are there ingorant AA's out there? For sure, but you can say that about any group. But I never see the diaspora go this hard at each other or anyone else. That sh!t is only reserved for AA's and I know other people notice it too.

NYCsmartboy

NYC Donkey Boy
Reaction score
Reactions
105 6 20
Alleybux
His mama was a biracial(white and black)through rape.....from Grenada...and his father was African American. If you read his book he did not even Identify with his 1/4th Caribbean roots because he was raised as a African American in the south.Also every last person op has listed have all been acknowledged by a good portion of African Americans....I am about done coming on a thread hearing about how my people aint sh!t....fµck you and your agenda because it is definitely clear...if you don't like us then don't fµck with us.....point,blank.period.

So I guess I'm not Haitian since my mom raised me American and gave me an American name and my sister a Jewish name and raised me in a white neighborhood to be able to speak perfect English?

Sorry Malcom X chose not to be raised Caribbean but that doesn't change the fact that he has West Indian decent. Just a different time period that's all.

NYCsmartboy

NYC Donkey Boy
Reaction score
Reactions
105 6 20
Alleybux
That's why I laugh when they try to claim him. He has WI heritage but isn't one, but bc he's considered a god to some he's good enough to claim while completely denying his obvious AA heritage. And you're right, I've never known anyone educated on CR or certain parts of AA history to deny WI their place in our history.

Lmao what? He has West Indian heritage but he isn't one? That's funny cause last time I checked even though I was born in America, you still claimed I was a "foreigner"? I guess I'm going to have to be very successful to be an American. Lmfao!

get out of here. He is partial West Indian and is both African American and West Indian.

you aren't fooling anyone really. Had Malcom X been a bum, Uncle Tom or sell out, your ass would have no problem saying he's Grenadian, but because he's an highly viewed figure, all of a sudden the his West Indian background doesn't count? Haahah

NYCsmartboy

NYC Donkey Boy
Reaction score
Reactions
105 6 20
Alleybux
Bc she admitted that she spoke to people that are ignorant and what kind of response was she going to get? Not an educated one. I've yet to meet an AA that talked about Marcus Garvey and didn't know where he's from so I fail to see what the problem is. And it's even funnier coming from someone that doesnt even live in the US.

And as for immigration, AA like any other group of people, aren't going to support the continuous migration of people that will discriminate against them, it's just common sense.

right, cause African Americans are sweet angels who don't discriminate against others. I'm sure the Haitian population has something to say about that.

and this is the true reason why race issues will never be solved. It's always people no matter the race playing victim.

Get lost with with that victimization BS. Bigotry comes from all people.

NYCsmartboy

NYC Donkey Boy
Reaction score
Reactions
105 6 20
Alleybux
TBH, I haven't met that many African Americans in real life but the ones I've met were cool and weren't xenophobic or ignorant about black history as a whole. I honestly think it's an LSA thing which is why I try not to take it too seriously. Even on here it's always the same fonts that I see making anti 'foreign black' comments or making statements such as 'other blacks didn't fight for their rights', 'slavery in the Caribbean/SA wasn't as bad'. It's always the same fonts, so I just ignore them and concentrate on the fonts that I do like who are most fonts on here. Just ignore the foolish fonts OP, that's what I do.

This is strictly LSA BS. The Internet is where trolls Come to play.

NYCsmartboy

NYC Donkey Boy
Reaction score
Reactions
105 6 20
Alleybux
I like @SaLiLi and she is consistent with her views so I don't mind her having issues with this thread because I have never seen her disrespect other blacks but you are laughable because I have seen you make many negative/disrespectful comments about non AAs and you've made threads yourself. I just find your hypocrisy hilarious. I mean you're banned from the African forum for a reason. You aren't innocent at all so please stop. You're one of the ignorant ones.

Oh please Salili may not be disrespectful but she's a black person that loves to play victim. Everything with Salili is them against AAs and never acceptance for AA ignorance.

She loves talking about AAs who are attacked by West Indians in a general sense, but can't even admit that the AAs living in the same cities as Haitians were the main group targeting Haitians.

I only respect people who can speak and preach without hypocrisy.

if you don't want AAs to be singled out about certain groups being victimized by them than don't go on rants claiming that all West Indians are out to get you.

NYCsmartboy

NYC Donkey Boy
Reaction score
Reactions
105 6 20
Alleybux
Nope. This is standard in any country. When you migrate to a new country you're always expected to assimilate: learn language, customs, mannerisms, etc. this happens everywhere in the world. The problems that ALL americans have is that many people come to the US and outright refuse to learn any of that and expect to be treated well. It's a govt issue which many people understand but it can be very frustrating.

As for alliances I think it's the identity politic issue of a lot of immigrants: they're black when it's convenient and not black when the going gets rough. So it's not far fetched to assume people are down when they say they're down, but that's our bad.

what does your assimilation rant have to do with West Indians? A group that assimilated to American culture better than anybody?

OmegaCyrus

"My Lady Ordered Red Sauce"
Reaction score
Reactions
2,384 112 280
Alleybux
I had a lot of Ghanaian and Nigerian friends from America who told me that if you lived in a predominantly black area, as an Africa you would face racist taunts from African American kids and teenagers which would make even the KKK blush. Terms like African booty scratcher was common, if you had a darker hue it was bad. Many of these african migrants didn't act "ghetto" and were singled out if they didn't conform to black steriotypes, if they were well spoken, they'd seen as acting white. African migrants tend to have different values and culture than American blacks which would automatically make them a target.

EvesBayou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,610 313 164
Alleybux
I have a feeling that you're young because if you'd lived during the 70s and 80s, you would know the huge component that the apartheid in South Africa played in the black American conscious back then.

"A few black celebrities and HBCU college students"

You say that so lightly without realizing the zeitgeist that occurred to enable such forceful acts of activism. These were not small singular individual acts.

You don't get it.

The movement on HBCU campuses to force administration to support divestiture from companies that supported apartheid was a MAJOR movement on par with the BLM today and when those HBCUs agreed to do so, such actions were largely at the root of the crippling financial losses that HBCUs experienced during the late 80s-early 90s.

Black celebs much like any other race of celeb are generally not these bastions of good will toward mankind. They are often very much in the game for themselves. The black celebs who therefore refused to perform at South African resorts such as Sun City did so because they'd received such vehement flack from the black community that many of them who had schedule appearances backed out at the last minute.

I very much remember Nelson Mandela, Bishop Tutu, Steve Biko, and the specter of what our BROTHERS and SISTERS were going through in South Africa looming quite large in my childhood and young adolescence. I would like to say that I was special in this aspect, but I was not. AAs made it uncool in the U.S. to be connected either financially or socially with white South Africa. We protested businesses and boycotted companies that continued to have ties with the racist South African regime. With the amount of protests and sheer effort, how dare you say we didn't care or that we didn't see it as our fight as well??? I'm not trying to take the accomplishment from our South African brothers and sisters but I am saying that we cared and that we felt connected to their struggle.

Rwanda featured largely in the black American consciousness when it occurred....but you have to understand that in a general sense black Americans do not trust whites so we were not surprised by the UN backpedaling and refusal of assistance from white countries.

My goodness and the heroes/heroines----during a certain generation, the quotes and theories of Patrice Lumumba featured prominently within the minds of black college students on both HBCUs and PWIs.

There's a reason why many black American students still wear Kente cloth when they graduate: to honor those both past and present throughout the diaspora who helped us to get where we've gotten, to honor the shared roots and the commonalities of black folks throughout the world.

OKAY....so because I didn't go into great detail about what the HBCU students did you feel offended? That's not what this thread is about. I stated that celebrities and HBCUs spoke out against Apartheid......how is that inaccurate? All you did was go into greater detail which is great but don't accuse me of not knowing just because I didn't choose to pick any one movement and list the details of it.

But your point is duly noted and I'm sure the history lesson was beneficial to most

@bolded. That's black nationalism. It was trendy at one point but anyone that still wears that now is clowned for being "hotep" by their fellow African American and African "brother and sisters". And just because people feel solidarity with other blacks does not mean that they should receive credit for their movements. Being aware and actually contributing are two different things.
We love Mandela, Lumumba, and Sankara and may be rooting for other blacks and their struggle but that doesn't mean that we are major contributors. Non-African Americans feel the same way towards Malcom X and MLK but they are lying if they try to claim large contributions to our movement here in America. Ancestry isn't enough because we are all connected at the end of the day.

I love that you went into great detail on my one sentence but you don't have to tell me about the activism that students at HBCUs partake in. I went to a HBCU and my oldest brother played a huge role in the anti-Apartheid movement at Morehouse and he's still a well-respected community leader. But he has stories for days of the lack of cooperation and downright silent treatment that they received from the school administrations on up to the federal level during that movement.

Shelby472MD.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,707 3,608 356
Alleybux
So I guess I'm not Haitian since my mom raised me American and gave me an American name and my sister a Jewish name and raised me in a white neighborhod to be able to speak perfect English?

Sorry Malcom X chose not to be raised Caribbean but that doesn't change the fact that he has West Indian decent. Just a different time period that's all.

LOL. What?

ajackson17

Da Yung Imhotep rappin Py
Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 529 946
Alleybux
AA's versus Diaspora Africans and Continental Africans. The european words always seeping out of your finger tips.

Some of my greatest heros are non American African people whether diaspora or continental.

The Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey, Mansa Musa, Chinua Achebe
Mama Nanny, Dessalines and the Hatian revolutionaries, and etc. This is sick. Like Dr. John Henrik Clarke said, take an West indian African, AA, continental African all are dark skin and have them wait to get a taxi in New York especially in the 70s. Europeans can't tell the difference.

AA's who make fun of Africans of West Indian Africans shame on them and the self hate is running quickly. Africans who think their are superior than their brethren shame on you. West Indians who think they are better than everyone else shame on you! You are all family at the end of the day and leading powers know it, that's why you are divided to separate your strengths.

ElizabethKane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
8,591 665 1,275
Alleybux
So serious question.

Since you foreign blacks(and all other foreigners) have such a disdain for American black people why do you all follow us around on the internet. Why do you pollute our online spaces. Im sure you all can go to foreign boards and talk sh!t about American blacks all day long. Why come here or any other website that centers around American blacks?

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,098 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
Lol. I knew this thread got nowhere since Sunday. I skimmed and so far I read "regular blacks" (like what the fµck are regular blacks? As opposed to what? extra-terrestrial blacks?), and how the mean non-AAs just made this thread and commented for the express purpose of "shitting on AA culture". Y'all are a trip. So good and kind and pristine while the "foreigners" act like mad dogs. Never mind that OP was trying to start a respectful dialogue. Can't let that get in the way of inter-ethnic e-warfare. And some of you have the NERVE to state that she is somehow "causing division" when the actual goal for anyone who can READ was to actually foster discussion and understanding. You guys are hypocrites of the highest order. Black people are fµcked. There is no type of unity in sight.

SaLiLi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,891 7,386 9,336
Alleybux
Girl bye you came on this site to make fun of our "negro week"'and tell us we have no culture so don't be upset when your ass gets handed to you.

Last time I checked all humans are capable of prejudice, the only thing we're saying is if you don't like us leave us the fµck alone and chill with the obsession as it makes you all look desparate.

And reading comprehension in english clearly isn't your strong suit so no tried to claim reggae. Please learn to keep up.

Ohh poor you. Want to feel better about yourself? Just search Dominicans, Nigerians, Jamaica, Brazil, Ethiopia and you will see the sh!t storm of prejudice, ignorance, abuse thrown by (mostly) AA

Apparently Ethiopians are not black enough, Dominicans are the second coming of Satan, Brazilians all live in favelas and are second class citizens, Nigerians bleach until death white washes them apart, and Jamaicans aint sh!t and are racists

SaLiLi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,891 7,386 9,336
Alleybux
Learn how to read. The font seem to think that people aren't allowed to kee their culture and are forced to assimilate. I had to explain to her that ALL countries want people to assimilate this has nothing to do with being black or american

what does your assimilation rant have to do with West Indians? A group that assimilated to American culture better than anybody?

paradise55

Iloveallmyfans
Reaction score
Reactions
22,626 1,912 4,217
Alleybux
As if a troll like can talk about comprehension skills or dialogue ability

I never made fun of any black week I didn't even mention black week.

Get a life loser and stop putting words in people's mouth.

Girl bye you came on this site to make fun of our "negro week"'and tell us we have no culture so don't be upset when your ass gets handed to you.

Last time I checked all humans are capable of prejudice, the only thing we're saying is if you don't like us leave us the fµck alone and chill with the obsession as it makes you all look desparate.

And reading comprehension in english clearly isn't your strong suit so no tried to claim reggae. Please learn to keep up.

SaLiLi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,891 7,386 9,336
Alleybux
Yes you did you mocked us for having a "negro week" and I told we switched to having black history month ages ago. Anyone can look your comment up no need to lie.

As if a troll like can talk about comprehension skills or dialogue ability

I never made fun of any black week I didn't even mention black week.

Get a life loser and stop putting words in people's mouth.

polo

Hmm
Reaction score
Reactions
676 21 15
Alleybux
I think you made one of the most interesting points no one addressed extensively: In USA race is what nationality and ethnicity is to others.

I think a lot of AA's behavior is influenced by that but that's a entire different discussion....
Most Black foreigners in this country, are either West African, or are West Indians of West African descent. Most Black-Americans are of West African descent. So it's kinda funny how AA's, West Indians, and Africans fight to segregate ourselves based on our culture differences, when we're all probably more genetically alike and more culturally alike than most White-Americans are to one another. Yet the same nationality vs nationality conflicts don't occur in the US(anymore) between White Americans and European immigrants. White is White, and they don't use their cultural differences to put each other down, like we do.

And sometimes Whites will sow this seed of division amongst us, by using Black foreigners as model minorities, basically pinning Black Foreigners against Black Americans. Some Whites will use the "You're not angry like the regular Blacks", "You're different", "You guys are smarter than those Blacks", "I don't consider you Black, you're Haitian". No Black foreigner should be happy with those comments at all, and they should call out any White person who says this crap.

PhoenixRising87

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,370 6 13
Alleybux

Are you out of your rabid ass mind? Don't come at me with this bµllsh!t. You know you a lying ass muthafucka
u3XrzgM.png
African Americans ain't on twitter ridiculing these people like that. Yall aren't relevant enough to occupy any head space over. I don't see AA's writing countless "Appropriation" articles attacking the diaspora. I don't see AA's in real life claiming any cultural achievements of anyone in the diaspora or on the continent. That's just convenient bµllsh!t you made up to try the balance the scales on some fake ass equivalency sh!t. Ain't nobody having that sh!t over here B.

I'm an African American with a rich history, tradition and culture. I ain't got sh!t to feel bad about and I definitely don't have to claim the achievements of my brothers and sisters of the diaspora. All that sh!t you saying been said by those said groups about themselves. Go kick that sh!t somewhere else.

QueenViper

#2021 Is Going To Be My Best Year
Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux
My aunt and I had a conversation about this a few weeks ago (we're both African American). This is what she told me...

During the 50s, 60s, and 70s when a wave of the best and brightest were arriving from the West Indies etc and attending college, medical school, etc in the states they also took to shitting on African Americans.

According to my aunt who attended medical school with some of these folks, they would say some of the most disgusting sh!t about African Americans right to their faces. Keep in mind this was happening during a time when African Americans in this country were fighting for civil rights and basically saying "we're not taking this sh!t anymore. "

So when all these foreign blacks began arriving here with much of the same attitude towards African Americans as those shared by whites African Americans began throwing their asses right under the bus and adopting the attitude that all your skinfolks ain't your kinfolks. I think many doubled down on this when it became clear that many of the African American radicals who went aboard to various black nations didn't exactly find themselves welcomed.

With all of the above said, I do find it funny that certain groups that talk sh!t about African Americans seem to find their way onto African American forums, into African American communities, and into African American organizations.

My thing is if you don't like someone why don't you 1). stick with your own kind 2). go find some people you do like and 3). just try to assimilate into mainstream America, which is where I think a great number want to be anyway...it just ain't working out for them.

ajackson17

Da Yung Imhotep rappin Py
Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 529 946
Alleybux
There is a reason why we have very few intellectuals who understand the whole system and paradigm of what's going on and they few just notice the branches.

TennisBracelet

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,738 4,870 3,606
Alleybux
My aunt and I had a conversation about this a few weeks ago (we're both African American). This is what she told me...

During the 50s, 60s, and 70s when a wave of the best and brightest were arriving from the West Indies etc and attending college, medical school, etc in the states they also took to shitting on African Americans.

According to my aunt who attended medical school with some of these folks, they would say some of the most disgusting sh!t about African Americans right to their faces. Keep in mind this was happening during a time when African Americans in this country were fighting for civil rights and basically saying "we're not taking this sh!t anymore. "

So when all these foreign blacks began arriving here with much of the same attitude towards African Americans as those shared by whites African Americans began throwing their asses right under the bus and adopting the attitude that all your skinfolks ain't your kinfolks. I think many doubled down on this when it became clear that many of the African American radicals who went aboard to various black nations didn't exactly find themselves welcomed.

With all of the above said, I do find it funny that certain groups that talk sh!t about African Americans seem to find their way onto African American forums, into African American communities, and into African American organizations.

My thing is if you don't like someone why don't you 1). stick with your own kind 2). go find some people you do like and 3). just try to assimilate into mainstream America, which is where I think a great number want to be anyway...it just ain't working out for them.

So true. A lot of nonAfricanAmericans are constantly putting us down just like whites and Im sick of it.

But yet, here they are, always on sites for us, all up in our culture. It's crazy.

polo

Hmm
Reaction score
Reactions
676 21 15
Alleybux

Hearing stuff like that makes me sad, considering African Americans pathed the way for us Black foreigners to thrive in this nation. African American have been the most culturally and globally influential sub-groups of the African Diaspora. I couldn't imagine disrespecting ya'll like that. But I've seen other Haitians doing this countless times. SMH!! *****, all of them!!

2PacGifff.gif

eggcellence

The Embodiment of Black Eggcellence
Reaction score
Reactions
3,174 283 113
Alleybux
This is a sincere question, because I do not understand this attitude and I really want to know. Is it ignorance, hatred, insecurity, just plain mean-spiritedness?

I am not talking about friendly/funny bickering, light-hearted insults, shade, or teasing. This was kicked off by this thread: http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/992402-A-letter-to-Beyoncé-from-a-Palestinian I agree that Beyonce is not obligated to advocate for Palestinians, but there are a lot of posts which are anti-non African American black people and which take the position that African Americans have always only been in the fight by themselves. This isn't isolated. It seems to be a pervasive belief.

I see many threads and posts demeaning non-AA blacks, dismissing what we have experienced throughout history, demeaning our cultures, claiming that we have never done anything for African Americans in terms of support or contributions to the improvement of African Americans. I have even heard African Americans who believe that black slavery in South American and the Caribbean was not as bad.

When it comes to Civil Rights, African Americans are not and have never been alone at the front. You also have never been the sole initiators and leaders of progress. The reality is that African Americans did not and would not have progressed as far as you have in the United States solely off your own initiatives.

The fate and treatment of the wider diaspora has always been entangled. What happens in other countries has always had a huge impact on the treatment of black people within the United States, whether you are aware of it or not. The many slave rebellions in the Caribbean (whether minor ones or larger ones such as the 1733 St. John's Revolt, Tacky's War in 1760, or the Haitian Revolution, the establishment of Haiti as an independent black led country) had a massive impact on the collective consciousness, on political agendas, on the policies of nations, on the idea of abolition, and on the general perceptions of black people, on the lies they could get away with telling, on the fear they had. Do you really think this did nothing for you?

Then of course there are the direct contributions of non-AA black people within the United States, both those who have immigrated and their descendents.

Shirley Chisholm:
220px-Shirley_Chisholm.jpg

The first black woman elected to congress was the descendent of black Caribbean immigrants. Did she do nothing for you? Was her life worthless? Is her legacy trash? Did she not matter? Did the racism and sexism she endured as a black woman not count because she was of Caribbean descent?

Marcus Garvey:
200px-Marcus_Garvey_1924-08-05.jpg

Have you heard of him before? I said, Marcus Garvey. Marcus fµck!ng Garvey. Marcus. fµck!ng. Garvey!

Malcolm X:
220px-Malcolm_X_NYWTS_2a.jpg

Born of a black Caribbean woman. Did he not have an impact on African Americans? Or should he be discounted as well.

Kwame Ture aka Stokely Carmichael:
Stokely%20Carmichael.jpg

If you think that AAs are the only blacks who matter, then don't ever let the words "black power" come out of your trifling mouth again and don't you ever raise a fist as a symbol of pride and strength because this Trinidadian is the man who had the balls to raise his fist and say black power as the answer instead of begging, praying, and singing.

Cleveland Robinson (on right):
220px-Bayard_Rustin_NYWTS_3.jpg

Jamaican born civil rights leader and activist who immigrated to the United States in 1944 and worked tirelessly against racism in unions. He was a force to be reckoned with. How dare you disrespect what he has done for you.

Hulan E. Jack:
jack_hulan.jpg

St. Lucian born man who broke down political barriers and advocated for black rights and against racism and inequality.

J. Raymond Jones:
28roberts03-popup.jpg

St Thomas born man who advocated for blacks in politics, mentored, and created organizations to promote blacks in politics.

Some of your most influential black leaders come from non-AA backgrounds. The ones who were African American were friends and peers with them, debated them, shared ideas with them, and were influenced by them. There are so many more non-Aa black leaders, thinkers, and activists who worked directly in the United States for black people; along with the many unknown black immigrants to the United States who worked tirelessly to break racial barriers and improve their lives.

Also, I better not hear any African American open their mouth to complain about non-AA blacks in film and the entertainment industry, considering all the non-AA black people who went through so much to break barriers alongside AAs. I assume you have heard of Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte, Esther Rolle, Geoffrey Holder, Jackee Harry, Grace Jones, Cicely Tyson. The list goes on and on. Then of course there is the contribution of non-AA blacks to black American music.

Non-African American black people have sweat, bled and died for and with you. We have been there with you from the beginning and whether you know it or not we have helped to pave the way forward. We have done this with our blood and with our bodies and it is absolutely disgusting to see the way some African Americans behave towards us. We are not just swooping in after you do the hard work to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Why are our contributions ignored? Why are we erased from your recollection of history? Why is the blood that we have shed not worthy of respect and remembrance? Why are our dead ancestors less worthy than yours?

Also, I find it confusing to see African Americans bashing black people from other areas and making fun of them in terms of their living conditions, opportunities, progress of their countries, their way of speaking, or their education levels. All majority black countries have been targeted by racist colonial policies and sabotage. People are still living with this, either directly or with the consequences. I do not see how any African American could find that funny or take pride in thinking themselves to be better because they are not from there. The same beast that had Haiti paying reparations to France is poisoning African Americans in Flint. The same beast that prevents black people in Brazil from rising to the middle class and above is destroying the African American middle class. I do not know what you think is so funny or what you makes you better than any one else. There are a lot of places that I see African Americans gleefully mocking, actually have other African Americans running to them for refuge and for a better life.

I also need to say that I do not experience this in the reverse. I have never heard a black Caribbean person, whether they live in their home country, the United States, Canada, or Europe act this way towards African Americans. I definitely hear criticisms or disses, for example a Caribbean might insult food or music from a different island or engage in island vs. island spats, but in the end we still know the bigger picture. I have never heard anyone act as though African Americans are not part of one wider collective group of black people facing the same issues. We are not your enemy and we never have been. We have always been there for you.

I also do not understand why any African American or black person living in the United States would open their mouths to ever say anything against Canada, black Canadians (no matter where they are from or how long they have lived here), or black Canadian history, but I don't even have the energy to get into that right now. I was going to quote posts from various fonts on here, but I'm too tired and pissed. Also, I just realized that it's Black History Month and this ignorance is being spread. I just want to b!tch slap all these trifling ignorant mofos. Anyways, I still have love for you guys and will always see us as linked and connected. Rant over.

Who hurt u?