Quantcast

SPIN-OFF: Why do some of you view curvy and bigger women as below you?

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux
I’m seeing time and time again, that many women on LSA love to bring down fat women and even curvy women. Believing them to not have class, to be unworthy of marriage or commitment and not being as beautiful. It’s very strange like why is your disdain directed at these women so much.
And this isn’t a debate on healthiness so don’t make it as such. I just find it unnerving that so much vitriol exists in just keeping women who aren’t thin in their place. Either reminding them that they are only good for xes or hood black men or that they are supposed to be hidden, not worthy of marriage and can’t get “high value men.”
It’s so gross to me.
This is based on SOME of the responses in this thread but in general I see a lot of anger and hatred for fat and curvy women which is just weird.

Last edited:

90sMelaninbae

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,937 965 32
Alleybux
LSA hates fat people. It's not everyone but I feel like some of these people are fat themselves and have internalized hatred and that's why some of them are so vocal. Also I just think most people don't like fat people in general.

GlossyBurnt8

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
130 13 17
Alleybux
I’m seeing time and time again, that many women on LSA love to bring down fat women and even curvy women. Believing them to not have class, to be unworthy of marriage or commitment and not being as beautiful. It’s very strange like why is your disdain directed at these women so much.
And this isn’t a debate on healthiness so don’t make it as such. I just find it unnerving that so much vitriol exists in just keeping women who aren’t thin in their place. Either reminding them that they are only good for xes or hood black men or that they are supposed to be hidden, not worthy of marriage and can’t get “high value men.”
It’s so gross to me.
Spinoff?

Lurk Empress

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
10,793 354 471
Alleybux
LSA hates fat people. It's not everyone but I feel like some of these people are fat themselves and have internalized hatred and that's why some of them are so vocal. Also I just think most people don't like fat people in general.
You might be on to something regarding internalized hatred.

One of my friends put it this way, " people are mad that fat people had the nerve to not cater to the gaze of majority of society". She was joking but I think there's some truth there.

When people mention health concerns, I call bs because they have friends who smoke, who drink, who are irresponsible about their xesual health, etc, but I don't see anyone shaming these people en masse because they are concerned about their health. Just say you just don't like fat people and go lol

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,809 4,588 1,437
Alleybux
I don’t think anyone dislikes curvy women. You can be thin and curvy and that body type is usually praised on LSA.

I don’t agree with putting down big women. A lot of big women I know maintain relationships with a variety of men and have lots of class.

Big women aren’t the only ones who get shamed. Karreuche, who you can tell is naturally petite and works out, is called a little boy all the time by women on here. I’ve mentioned how I pushed myself to gain 10 lbs (in the process of shedding those though) bc of all the snide comments I got from women saying I was too small despite having a shape. You just have to be happy with yourself because you’ll never be everyone’s taste.

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux
I don’t think anyone dislikes curvy women. You can be thin and curvy and that body type is usually praised on LSA.

I don’t agree with putting down big women. A lot of big women I know maintain relationships with a variety of men and have lots of class.

Big women aren’t the only ones who get shamed. Karreuche, who you can tell is naturally petite and works out, is called a little boy all the time by women on here. I’ve mentioned how I pushed myself to gain 10 lbs (in the process of shedding those though) bc of all the snide comments I got from women saying I was too small despite having a shape. You just have to be happy with yourself because you’ll never be everyone’s taste.
TO ME, a curvaceous figure and being thin largely don’t go together. I believe that to be curvy one has to have some weight but that isn’t to deny a slim girl can’t be a pear or a hourglass but it’s not in the same way. Women with big assets are seen for low class men and that their figures are into suitable for rappers and athletes if they want a rich man. Big woman are largely shamed on LSA, moreso slim women. From my experience, I see Karreuche being praised for showcasing a body type different to the “BBL look.”

Upendo254

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,491 1,518 251
Alleybux
Same reason with racism, colorism, featurism, classism, humans always want to feel like they’re above others

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,490 20,157 17,407
Alleybux
I don't but from what I've heard...people are grossed out by the visualization in their heads or pδrn of BBW and SSBBW having xesual relations and just can't fathom any man being attracted to them for romantic reasons.

Also, most people have been told by the media that being fat is a choice in most cases (I think this is factual) and have disdain for the lack of appetite control and self-discipline required to NOT become obese. That fat women are "comfort eaters" because they can't handle their sh!t (mentally) and it turns people off.

Not my personal thoughts but what I've been told by fat-woman shamers of the same xes.

csu13

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,775 358 655
Alleybux
It’s so gross to me.
This is based on SOME of the responses in this thread but in general I see a lot of anger and hatred for fat and curvy women which is just weird.
They're insecure, that's literally it

BrooklynsFinestDime

Gorgeous Member
Reaction score
Reactions
108,903 5,816 4,199
Alleybux
TO ME, a curvaceous figure and being thin largely don’t go together. I believe that to be curvy one has to have some weight but that isn’t to deny a slim girl can’t be a pear or a hourglass but it’s not in the same way. Women with big assets are seen for low class men and that their figures are into suitable for rappers and athletes if they want a rich man. Big woman are largely shamed on LSA, moreso slim women. From my experience, I see Karreuche being praised for showcasing a body type different to the “BBL look.”
I think this is where the discord begins.

Bigger women on here always reduce thinner women to not having curves or not being rightfully curvy, when a lot of the time they are but aren’t carrying 40 extra lbs.

Thinner women on here say bigger women’s “curves” don’t count sometimes too because bigger women often think ass, hips, and breasts equals being hourglass and leave out the fact they have a 35+ waistline.

Contrary to popular belief, there are more thin hourglasses than overweight ones. It’s due to bone structure predominantly and much less to do with where you carry you extra pounds.

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux

Bigger women on here always reduce thinner women to not having curves or not being rightfully curvy, when a lot of the time they are but aren’t carrying 40 extra lbs.

Thinner women on here say bigger women’s “curves” don’t count sometimes too because everything thinks ass, hips, and breasts equals being hourglass and leave out the fact they have a 35+ waistline.

Contrary to popular belief, there are more thin hourglasses than overweight ones. It’s due to bone structure predominantly and much less to do with where you carry you extra pounds.
I’m not even a bigger woman but I just don’t see curvaceous women in thin women often. I’ve seen thin women with nice shapes but curvaceous is just different to me. Sometimes being curvaceous doesn’t mean being an hourglass. But frankly I don’t want to get into what constitutes curvy women. I’m talking about why there is such disdain for bigger women on LSA.

MEEEETOOO

Da cutest chick u ever saw is a Chickasaw squaw
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,580 1,628 578
Alleybux

All of this...

I find curves to be beautiful, and I'd have it no other way, and neither would my man..

HATERS GONNA HATE...lol

corazon-kwamboka5.jpg

29dc4a9aaa77ef03e47719723a37c94d.jpg
1559807582_218_Hot-Curvy-Girls-in-Tight-Jeans-Hot-Photos-Portal.jpg

KEEP STUNTIN CURVY QUEENS!! YASSSSSSSSS..

COMPLEXXX

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
903,461 13,467 1,349
Alleybux
Because people like to compare themselves to others they see as undesirable and say “That’ll never be me.”

It’s almost never about health or real concern. :skeleton It’s about ego. It’s “How could she let herself get to that point? I could never!” And nobody can tell me differently.

I’m a fat woman that just had gastric bypass not too long ago and as the weight comes off, I’ve been promising myself that I’ll never become that former fatty that forgets what it was like.

Last edited:

leblumeii

im cute.
Reaction score
Reactions
318,752 4,797 2,012
Alleybux

Thinner women on here say bigger women’s “curves” don’t count sometimes too because bigger women often think ass, hips, and breasts equals being hourglass and leave out the fact they have a 35+ waistline.

It's so weird that these fonts continue to conflate curviness with extra fat when its way easier to even appear curvy when you don't have fat obscuring your waistline/stomach area. It just reads like someone who hasn't been thin since they went through puberty.

My waist is 26 inches, my hips are 41 inches (size 2/4). My aunt, who was just as curvy if not curvier than me when she was a size 0/2 and is now a size 16, no longer looks curvy because she has fat around her waistline which has completely altered the look of her body shape. I'm losing weight so I can be around my natural weight where I don't feel bloated which is about 120-125lbs and I'm only 135lbs. It's not urgent for me but I'd rather be slimmer than gain weight simply because I literally feel better as a whole. I don't care to gain weight to make other people comfortable and be considered sexier when that's never been an issue for me.

My feelings come from a place of seeing the women and men in my family and not wanting to end up where they are in terms of multiple illnesses, high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancers that are directly related to obesity. I don't necessarily view bigger women as beneath me but I really don't appreciate the misinformation people spread about gaining weight and its effects on this site and others. (Western) society as a whole isn't a fan of bigger people because of the implications of excess weight and what that means for someones health, does that mean big people should be treated badly? Absolutely not. But let's not act like most big people are "curvy" either so that you can feel better about yourself, most are just round.

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux
It's so weird that these fonts continue to conflate curviness with extra fat when its way easier to even appear curvy when you don't have fat obscuring your waistline/stomach area. It just reads like someone who hasn't been thin since they went through puberty.

My waist is 26 inches, my hips are 41 inches (size 2/4). My aunt, who was just as curvy if not curvier than me when she was a size 0/2 and is now a size 16, no longer looks curvy because she has fat around her waistline which has completely altered the look of her body shape. I'm losing weight so I can be around my natural weight where I don't feel bloated which is about 120-125lbs and I'm only 135lbs. It's not urgent for me but I'd rather be slimmer than gain weight simply because I literally feel better as a whole. I don't care to gain weight to make other people comfortable and be considered sexier when that's never been an issue for me.

My feelings come from a place of seeing the women and men in my family and not wanting to end up where they are in terms of multiple illnesses, high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancers that are directly related to obesity. I don't necessarily view bigger women as beneath me but I really don't appreciate the misinformation people spread about gaining weight and its effects on this site and others. (Western) society as a whole isn't a fan of bigger people because of the implications of excess weight and what that means for someones health, does that mean big people should be treated badly? Absolutely not. But let's not act like most big people are "curvy" either so that you can feel better about yourself, most are just round.
This is just derailing the thread. I never said all fat women are curvy and all curvy women are fat. It was meant to be a thread calling out the gross comments fonts make about those women. No one here is conflating curviness with extra fat and that isn’t the problem.

Demimonde

LOVE
Reaction score
Reactions
41,901 727 724
Alleybux

The last part of your paragraph is an entire lie. Western society isn’t a fan of bigger people because it doesn’t look good. The implications and concerns of health are absolute bµllsh!t and are always exposed through the constant verbal abuse, embarrassment, and shame that they force fat people to go through. In addition to having friends, relatives, and significant others who engage in other risky, unhealthy activities but because it’s not FAT, it’s not nearly looked down upon with as much vitriol. Being concerned for fat peoples health means encouraging them in a positive way to lose weight in a healthy manner. Which is the opposite of what Western society does.

FruitCake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,308 964 335
Alleybux
They are obsessed with the WHITE male gaze. Notice these threads are usually debating wheater white men or Asians will find curvy women attractive and fonts always feel the need to mention that they get white men to approach them because they're skinny. Yet no one makes threads about skinny women which I find funny even though they claim they're being jumped by "The Fatties TM" left and right. And if you defend fat or curvy women, they'll accuse you of being fat :skull:

Demimonde

LOVE
Reaction score
Reactions
41,901 727 724
Alleybux
Also, I really don’t want to see this thread being derailed over the curvy conversation. It’s not the point and it’ll ruin the actual topic at hand. I do not care for the slim but curvy point and neither does the OP. So let’s move on.

collegegal1997

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
96,321 1,818 449
Alleybux
I'm more bothered by how much power and standards they hold on White Men...
WM are not a monolith group...Plus, women over time become curvy and bigger with pregnancy, age, natural weight gain... Most of those women are also married and loved.

FruitCake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,308 964 335
Alleybux
Lies. You could UNDEREAT and be underweight or anorexic which is also unhealthy and no one gives a damn as long as your skinny. You can be a chain smoker and live on fast food and full-fat coke, as long as you're skinny no one cares.

MsFraser

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,012 10,016 2,198
Alleybux
It’s so gross to me.
It's not just LSA, that's society at large. Fat indicates laziness and health issues. Which one of yall would date a fat man? Double standard.

leblumeii

im cute.
Reaction score
Reactions
318,752 4,797 2,012
Alleybux
Lies. You could UNDEREAT and be underweight or anorexic which is also unhealthy and no one gives a damn as long as your skinny. You can be a chain smoker and live on fast food and full-fat coke, as long as you're skinny no one cares.

Have you not seen how people stare at very underweight people in public?! People get visibly uncomfortable, disgusted and are quick to give strangers unsolicited advice if they believe they're anorexic/underweight.

Starving yourself isn't healthy and will eventually catch up to you, as will chain smoking or eating fast food. People do not like VISUAL representations of unhealthiness on either side of the spectrum. Yes, if people can't tell that you're unhealthy, they're probably not going to care one way or the other. But when people actually know you and your habits, they're probably judging or are actually concerned.

I already said it's not okay to treat bigger people badly. However, I'm well aware that for many, people's assumptions about someone's health can literally turn into physical disgust but also assumptions about someone's personality. There is an obesity epidemic in this country, bringing up underweight people is disingenuous. When you realize that losing weight (especially when you're obese) is a literal psychological and emotional battle and that often times the likelihood of someone being overweight directly correlates with adverse childhood effects, you're more likely to not have those visceral reactions or make assumptions about laziness. But most people don't know anything about that, and a lot of the people judging the most, are fat themselves. Including the bulk of LSA.

As for the OP, don't claim my initial comment was derailment when you mentioned curviness multiple times in the first place. Should've kept it out if you don't want people to discuss it.

MsFraser

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,012 10,016 2,198
Alleybux
Maybe it's because fat people look more visibly unhealthy whereas skinny people who chain smoke and are unhealthy can look healthy.

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux
Have you not seen how people stare at very underweight people in public?! People get visibly uncomfortable, disgusted and are quick to give strangers unsolicited advice if they believe they're anorexic/underweight.

Starving yourself isn't healthy and will eventually catch up to you, as will chain smoking or eating fast food. People do not like VISUAL representations of unhealthiness on either side of the spectrum. Yes, if people can't tell that you're unhealthy, they're probably not going to care one way or the other. But when people actually know you and your habits, they're probably judging or are actually concerned.

I already said it's not okay to treat bigger people badly. However, I'm well aware that for many, people's assumptions about someone's health can literally turn into physical disgust but also assumptions about someone's personality. There is an obesity epidemic in this country, bringing up underweight people is disingenuous. When you realize that losing weight (especially when you're obese) is a literal psychological and emotional battle and that often times the likelihood of someone being overweight directly correlates with adverse childhood effects, you're more likely to not have those visceral reactions or make assumptions about laziness. But most people don't know anything about that, and a lot of the people judging the most, are fat themselves. Including the bulk of LSA.

As for the OP, don't claim my initial comment was derailment when you mentioned curviness multiple times in the first place. Should've kept it out if you don't want people to discuss it.
Your comment was derailment. I was talking about LSA’s disdain for both curvy women and fat women. What you were talking about was not relevant because we’re not debating what constitutes curvy.

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux
It's not just LSA, that's society at large. Fat indicates laziness and health issues. Which one of yall would date a fat man? Double standard.
You’ve missed the point majorly. The disdain I see from LSA towards fat women and curvy women is unrelated to their health, they could care less.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
The way some of you get upset when people don’t express preference for your body type is concerning. Not everyone is gonna like curves. That’s okay.
Y’all never say sh!t when curvy/fat women go out of their way to make fun of petite women.

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux
The way some of you get upset when people don’t express preference for your body type is concerning. Not everyone is gonna like curves. That’s okay.
Y’all never say sh!t when curvy/fat women go out of their way to make fun of petite women.
Who said this is my body type? I’m calling out gross misogyny.

Demimonde

LOVE
Reaction score
Reactions
41,901 727 724
Alleybux
Maybe it's because fat people look more visibly unhealthy whereas skinny people who chain smoke and are unhealthy can look healthy.
Once again, proving the point that the faux concern and unhealthy sh!t is not genuine. Only that being fat doesn’t look good or attractive. The majority of y’all who are skinny or normal weight think this way and it shows.

I hope at least that for fat people who want to lose weight, they only take advice from medical professionals, and do their own research on losing weight. It disgusts me how a good majority of skinny and normal weight people think they are qualified to judge and speak on fat people’s unhealthy habits when they do and eat a bunch of unhealthy sh!t on the daily. Completely insane.

Last edited:

leblumeii

im cute.
Reaction score
Reactions
318,752 4,797 2,012
Alleybux
Your comment was derailment. I was talking about LSA’s disdain for both curvy women and fat women. What you were talking about was not relevant because we’re not debating what constitutes curvy.

No it wasn't derailment, you made two comments discussing what was curvy and what wasn't and then wanted to change the topic when it didn't suit you. I was quoting a person who was directly quoting your own comments. Just because you want to change the topic doesn't mean I'm not allowed to discuss what was already being discussed in the thread nor does that equal derailment. Now what you can do is stay on topic in your own thread.

LSA does not have any actual disdain for curvy women, the few fonts that talk sh!t are literally in BBL threads as we speak booking their upcoming flight to Colombia. The fonts who talk about fat women are usually 1) trolling and trying to get a rise out of fonts, 2) trying to combat negative stereotypes that are applied to black women as a whole, and/or 3) fat themselves and trying to distance themselves from fatter people. In conclusion, LSA hates all kinds of people and will take any opportunity to sh!t on any group of people when they can.

Home Malone

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,206 1,750 836
Alleybux
All of this...

I find curves to be beautiful, and I'd have it no other way, and neither would my man..

HATERS GONNA HATE...lol

corazon-kwamboka5.jpg

29dc4a9aaa77ef03e47719723a37c94d.jpg
1559807582_218_Hot-Curvy-Girls-in-Tight-Jeans-Hot-Photos-Portal.jpg

KEEP STUNTIN CURVY QUEENS!! YASSSSSSSSS..

So were just going to pretend that this type of "curviness" is not what's praised the most now a days? Actual fat women like Mama June, Lizzo, Adele are the ones who get the your living an unhealthy lifestyle sermon

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux
You go very hard for curvy women (based off your post history), so that’s easy to deduce.
I’m fine with you thinking I am but my main concern is the hideous misogyny. If it makes you feel better, I find it disgusting when women degrade women for not being curvy.

FruitCake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,308 964 335
Alleybux

I used to be obese and developed Anorexia from trying to lose weight. The difference I received in treatment at being underweight and skinny compared to being obese is night and day. When I was obese I was treated like sh!t, made to feel like I was a nuisance just for existing but I was coddled and constantly told how pretty I was when I was skinny. People told me to eat, but it was in a wayyyy more nurturing, soft-spoken way compared to the harshness of the "health advice" I was given when I was obese which was mainly insults. Many anorexics can attest to this, especially if they were previously overweight. These experiences are extremely triggering to continue to lose as much weight as you can since you want to get as far away from that horrible treatment when you were fat as possible. You want to be thin as possible because people treat you better, see you as sick and pay attention to you, and coddle you. Period.

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux
No it wasn't derailment, you made two comments discussing what was curvy and what wasn't and then wanted to change the topic when it didn't suit you. I was quoting a person who was directly quoting your own comments. Just because you want to change the topic doesn't mean I'm not allowed to discuss what was already being discussed in the thread nor does that equal derailment. Now what you can do is stay on topic in your own thread.

LSA does not have any actual disdain for curvy women, the few fonts that talk sh!t are literally in BBL threads as we speak booking their upcoming flight to Colombia. The fonts who talk about fat women are usually 1) trolling and trying to get a rise out of fonts, 2) trying to combat negative stereotypes that are applied to black women as a whole, and/or 3) fat themselves and trying to distance themselves from fatter people. In conclusion, LSA hates all kinds of people and will take any opportunity to sh!t on any group of people when they can.
You sound too mad. From the get go it was clear I was talking about the degradation of bigger women and not what constitutes such a woman. I responded to those comments and also criticised them for derailing. You further derailing is just annoying at this point. From my experiences there are some gross attitudes towards bigger and curvy women, deal with it, my love, and don’t get so angry.

Last edited:

leblumeii

im cute.
Reaction score
Reactions
318,752 4,797 2,012
Alleybux
You sound too mad. From the get to it was clear I was talking about the degradation of bigger women and not what constitutes such a woman. I responded to those comments and also criticised them for derailing. You further derailing is just annoying at this point. From my experiences there are some gross attitudes towards bigger and curvy women, deal with it, my love, and don’t get so angry.

No one is angry and all of this is just getting weird lol. It's clear you think someone not agreeing with you = derailment. I'll stop talking to you since you're not even trying to discuss your own topic.

I used to be obese and developed Anorexia from trying to lose weight. The difference I received in treatment at being underweight and skinny compared to being obese is night and day. When I was obese I was treated like sh!t, made to feel like I was a nuisance just for existing but I was coddled and constantly told how pretty I was when I was skinny. People told me to eat, but it was in a wayyyy more nurturing, soft-spoken way compared to the harshness of the "health advice" I was given when I was obese which was mainly insults. Many anorexics can attest to this, especially if they were previously overweight. These experiences are extremely triggering to continue to lose as much weight as you can since you want to get as far away from that horrible treatment when you were fat as possible. You want to be thin as possible because people treat you better, see you as sick and pay attention to you, and coddle you. Period.

I'm sorry for your experience with anorexia and I hope you're doing better. I'm aware there's a level of concern for people who are underweight that people don't have for people that are obese and people feel comfortable hurling insults at bigger people since the assumption is that they're gluttonous versus actively starving themselves. I mean there's not much else I can say because I don't disagree.

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,933 1,195 715
Alleybux
No one is angry and all of this is just getting weird lol. It's clear you think someone not agreeing with you = derailment. I'll stop talking to you since you're not even trying to discuss your own topic.

I'm sorry for your experience with anorexia and I hope you're doing better. I'm aware there's a level of concern for people who are underweight that people don't have for people that are obese and people feel comfortable hurling insults at bigger people since the assumption is that they're gluttonous versus actively starving themselves. I mean there's not much else I can say because I don't disagree.
Nope you just sound angry ! And now there hasn’t been an actual discussion for the gross comments about certain women.

Kessiah

Carefree vibes
Reaction score
Reactions
7,694 675 749
Alleybux
You got so mad at that other thread, you went ahead and made this mess.
Lmao, hit dogs really do holler.