Quantcast

Why do some people act like they have so much clout in their hometown than they really do?

UWildNoseyb

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,425 4,314 1,484
Alleybux
So many people like to call a place “my city” or claim they “run (insert city here)” just because they know a few famous people who came up in that same city.

And they only try that sh!t with people who barely know them!

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,484 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
So many people like to call a place “my city” or claim they “run (insert city here)” just because they know a few famous people who came up in that same city.

And they only try that sh!t with people who barely know them!
Countless black people, men in particular, dead or in prison behind some territorial beef.

Reminds me of way back when Hurricane Katrina happen there were stories of the New Orleans transplants moving to Houston and getting into fights with native Houstonians because they were "representing the area code of New Orleans everywhere they went" and apparently gas stations and stores caught wind and started selling hats, shirts, etc with the New Orleans area code on it because of high demand. All behind some beef.

I hear Chicago in particular is real bad. They post diss tracks of rival gangs on social media and then meet up to have shoot outs in the streets.

UWildNoseyb

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,425 4,314 1,484
Alleybux
Countless black people, men in particular, dead or in prison behind some territorial beef.

Reminds me of way back when Hurricane Katrina happen there were stories of the New Orleans transplants moving to Houston and getting into fights with native Houstonians because they were "representing the area code of New Orleans everywhere they went" and apparently gas stations and stores caught wind and started selling hats, shirts, etc with the New Orleans area code on it because of high demand. All behind some beef.

I hear Chicago in particular is real bad. They post diss tracks of rival gangs on social media and then meet up to have shoot outs in the streets.
Oh! I wasn’t talking about gangs, more so, women lol

like how Natalie Nunn thought she ran L.A.

JustLivingTv

Fck |Love|Friendship & yo phony apologies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
97,017 9,671 9,135
Alleybux
Oh! I wasn’t talking about gangs, more so, women lol

like how Natalie Nunn thought she ran L.A.

Gang or whoever their mind are not fully develop.

Ain't no real adult thinking bout that mess only people worrying bout it is a mayor,city manager, governor or etc..

CatThot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,511 2,789 1,293
Alleybux
They want to look cool and establish their perceived and oftentimes pretend, dominance and power

Greenskye

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,533 2,071 846
Alleybux

Its always the Chicago and New Orleans people who are like that. Sometimes, New York people are too. Its not always relating to hood/gang beef. I've had white people, screaming "I'm from Chicago!" in my face. I've always took it as if you piss them off, they'll beat you up or something.

I know OP meant in another way, but I thought I was the only one who could see that. lol

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,484 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
Its always the Chicago and New Orleans people who are like that. Sometimes, New York people are too. Its not always relating to hood/gang beef. I've had white people, screaming "I'm from Chicago!" in my face. I've always took it as if you piss them off, they'll beat you up or something.

I know OP meant in another way, but I thought I was the only one who could see that. lol
And it's kind of like how Mexicans will have beef between the gangs from LA versus to gangs that are from Mexico who migrate to LA/SoCal. I think even in prison they divide up the Mexican guys along those lines because they are rivals despite being the same ethnicity.