Quantcast

Why Does Andrew Always Have To Get Off the Phone When Molly Comes In?

PinkDoll

X O X O
Reaction score
Reactions
25,777 220 103
Alleybux
Anybody else notice this? Who is that man always talking to?

He's always like, "let me call you back" when Molly walks in.

82Ftln9.png

DramaMami

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
10,735 217 120
Alleybux
I think its because Andrew uses Chinese when he speaks with his brother and the last time molly made that slick ass comment about speaking English.

He also knows shes insecure and will take him speaking to his brother personally like he is supposed to cut off a whole family member bc she dont like him.

Analyze

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
4,865 32 32
Alleybux
I don't think he's cheating, but I do think he's probably talking sh!t about her.

I personally could never date someone who speaks a 2nd language unless I also know it, especially if the person they're talking to knows English. I'm always going to assume you're up to no good if you have to hide what you're saying.

PinkDoll

X O X O
Reaction score
Reactions
25,777 220 103
Alleybux
I think its because Andrew uses Chinese when he speaks with his brother and the last time molly made that slick ass comment about speaking English.

He also knows shes insecure and will take him speaking to his brother personally like he is supposed to cut off a whole family member bc she dont like him.

Molly is so draining lol. He’s going to break up with her.

DramaMami

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
10,735 217 120
Alleybux
I don't think he's cheating, but I do think he's probably talking sh!t about her.

I personally could never date someone who speaks a 2nd language unless I also know it, especially if the person they're talking to knows English. I'm always going to assume you're up to no good if you have to hide what you're saying.

I have to disagree. Thats likely his first language. Some things you cant express well in English. With many bilingual kids you speak with family in one way and everyone else in another way.

Plus you arent entitled to know everything your partner says about you. You secretly tell your girls when something bothers you about a significant other, why would saying it in another language be different especially when we see Andrew is actually rational and likely trying to fix mollys fuckups?

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,275 2,047 329
Alleybux
Unfortunately I'm going to have to put this on Molly. Granted they are in a new relationship for the most part and a new one that is still relatively surface level they haven't had any deep conversations at least not about Andrew because he's always handling Molly's outburst and emotions. He seems to meet you where you are and figure out how to work at your level and that is good, but for a person like Molly it is terrible.

She had a conversation with her therapist about being right vs being in relationship i.e. compromise and relax sometimes.

Then what does she do...go throughout the episode being absolutely unyielding and unmalleable on anything.

I was wholly shocked she actually ran after Issa.

Analyze

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
4,865 32 32
Alleybux
I have to disagree. Thats likely his first language. Some things you cant express well in English. With many bilingual kids you speak with family in one way and everyone else in another way.

Plus you arent entitled to know everything your partner says about you. You secretly tell your girls when something bothers you about a significant other, why would saying it in another language be different especially when we see Andrew is actually rational and likely trying to fix mollys fuckups?
To talk in a different language to someone who also speaks English in front of me is disrespectful imo. I am always going to assume you're hiding something.

inasundress

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,788 6,800 5,311
Alleybux
I think in the Mexico episode they made a point of illustrating that Molly having a problem with Andrew switching languages is part of the theme of insecurity of this show's characters

You're so insecure you assume people are talking sh!t about when you they speak in another language?

Hi5Perry

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,474 2,322 678
Alleybux
I was taught that it's rude to carry on conversations on the phone when you have company so I do the same as Andrew. You end the call as quickly as possible so you can give your attention to that person

danappyscribe

got milk b!tch, got beef
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
198,523 4,386 1,103
Alleybux
Andrew has the patience of Job. He spends so much time trying to appease molly and make her feel comfortable. I think he just hangs up because he knows she’ll probably b!tch about him being on the phone. I can’t wait til he dumps her ungrateful ass.

Last edited:

Wizkid Ayo

S T A R B O Y
Reaction score
Reactions
37,139 472 144
Alleybux
To talk in a different language to someone who also speaks English in front of me is disrespectful imo. I am always going to assume you're hiding something.

It really depends...but nah. Especially with cultural norms and traditions. Some people feel more comfortable. For example Yourba. If my dude grew up speaking Yoruba and he was talking to his brother I wouldn’t be suspicious. Some people express themselves better in other languages. Lmao how can someone speaking their native language be disrespectful?

Last edited:

TheodosiaCat

PrettiestPisces
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
162,582 4,205 2,893
Alleybux
I think Andrew has a baby mama, I don’t know why I feel like that but something tells me he has a whole fam

MzTeaze

QueenSupreme
Reaction score
Reactions
58,286 1,366 276
Alleybux
I think in the Mexico episode they made a point of illustrating that Molly having a problem with Andrew switching languages is part of the theme of insecurity of this show's characters

You're so insecure you assume people are talking sh!t about when you they speak in another language?

That's just it, why does she immediately assume the WORST case scenario and assume he up to something?

petitprof

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,125 368 240
Alleybux

Insecure and egotistical... it's not always about you, damn, lol

Rachel_Tensions

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
30,117 588 520
Alleybux
I think Andrew is being respectful doing this.

He is 1. talking to a brother that she doesn't like and 2. speaking a different language.

Everything he has done has shown that he supports Molly. To get off the phone means i'm turning my attention to you right now and not allowing any type of suggestion that he's not on her side or talking about her.

We know that the sister is estranged and he mentioned family issues that bother him. This is how he keeps the peace with Molly and also doesn't do like his sister and bail on the family.

No issues here. next case.

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,125 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
It’s a tv show they have to move the plot forward so they can’t have molly sitting around listening to Andrew talk on the phone for 3 minutes.

Analyze

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
4,865 32 32
Alleybux
It really depends...but nah. Especially with cultural norms and traditions. Some people feel more comfortable. For example Yourba. If my dude grew up speaking Yoruba and he was talking to his brother I wouldn’t be suspicious. Some people express themselves better in other languages. Lmao how can someone speaking their native language be disrespectful?
English isn't my parents first language, sometimes they naturally do speak their first language. But I've also caught them switching languages as soon as I walk into the room.

Wizkid Ayo

S T A R B O Y
Reaction score
Reactions
37,139 472 144
Alleybux
English isn't my parents first language, sometimes they naturally do speak their first language. But I've also caught them switching languages as soon as I walk into the room.

Absolutely and it does happen...however I don’t think it’s always meaning something negative like ppl talking ish

Analyze

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
4,865 32 32
Alleybux
Absolutely and it does happen...however I don’t think it’s always meaning something negative like ppl talking ish
I don't think it's always negative either, but you can never really tell.

If you don't feel comfortable saying something because I'm around, even though we are together, there is lack of trust and respect.

Your Fav

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,816 39 3
Alleybux

But Andrew been hanging up quickly when Molly walked in the door even before she had that big blowup with his brother. I don't know what it is, but something is up with that. There's a reason they keep showing Andrew doing this.

PinkDoll

X O X O
Reaction score
Reactions
25,777 220 103
Alleybux
But Andrew been hanging up quickly when Molly walked in the door even before she had that big blowup with his brother. I don't know what it is, but something is up with that. There's a reason they keep showing Andrew doing this.

RIGHT!! He’s been doing it since they started dating. Sneaky ass