Quantcast

Why does it both people that I don't have a significant other?

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,468 494,975 222,865
Alleybux
I am currently a student and it seems that I can't seem to catch a break with some people when it comes to my 'single' status. If I turn down a guy, or simply don't reciprocate his interest, people get MAJORLY bothered, especially other women (this has been happening since my grade school days).

I will never understand why another woman, of all people, would place so much stock into whether or not I have a man. Is it because they are trying to connect me with someone because they perceive me as a threat to the men they are interested in? Are they trying to preserve the honor of their male friends who happen to be interested in me when I don't reciprocate the favor; attempting to make the point that I am somehow missing out on something and someone so wonderful and spectacular?

I am not trying to get into any beefs with females who take it upon themselves to manipulate my love life due to their insecurities, if that is the case. The concern comes off as self-serving and less than genuine.

I might have answered my question, but I am just frustrated at this point. What gives?

Tulip

Laptop From Hell
Reaction score
Reactions
159,554 11,249 28,044
Alleybux
Because if you don't have a man you have no value as a woman duh! :e3_25: jk

Chrollo

AH! *Megan thee stallion voice*
Reaction score
Reactions
26,470 490 289
Alleybux
It's because they think that since they've found a man that you need one immediately, because how dare you be single and miserable while they are taken and happy.

NumbLove

Sitting Pretty in my Palace
Reaction score
Reactions
72,564 5,686 4,633
Alleybux
OR they are taken and miserable while you are single and happy..cause all the bs i know going on in some relationships shoooot i am in noooo rush!

tyronebiggums

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,688 781 816
Alleybux
on top of what others said, I'm convinced some women cannot believe and do not appreciate that other women are comfortable enough with themselves that they don't need a man's constant validation.

Excluding fleeting attractions, I only want a man or woman in my life who finds my independence as sexy as I do. Being loved, validated or appreciated by someone who doesn't need it to survive feels much more special, to me, than being loved by someone who needs that validation. It feels more special, like they made a conscious choice to choose you to love, rather than a decision based on their own emotional incompetence.

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,065 35,107 4,760
Alleybux
I am currently a student and it seems that I can't seem to catch a break with some people when it comes to my 'single' status. If I turn down a guy, or simply don't reciprocate his interest, people get MAJORLY bothered, especially other women (this has been happening since my grade school days).

I will never understand why another woman, of all people, would place so much stock into whether or not I have a man. Is it because they are trying to connect me with someone because they perceive me as a threat to the men they are interested in? Are they trying to preserve the honor of their male friends who happen to be interested in me when I don't reciprocate the favor; attempting to make the point that I am somehow missing out on something and someone so wonderful and spectacular?

I am not trying to get into any beefs with females who take it upon themselves to manipulate my love life due to their insecurities, if that is the case. The concern comes off as self-serving and less than genuine.

I might have answered my question, but I am just frustrated at this point. What gives?

They are upset that you are comfortable in your own skin, and don't need a man for validation.
Take Phaedra from "Real Housewives Of Atlanta for example, she loved to brag about her "husband".
Sweety look where your "husband" is right now! Some women think a sorry ass man, is better than no man at all.

CountingStars

Being Mad Because You’re a Gangstalker is Weird
Reaction score
Reactions
65,516 2,461 2,096
Alleybux
Nobody curr- really :eyeroll: . It could all be external validation or confirmation bias because you may find that to be a distinction? A separation from the icky, icky crowd- "you so special". Maybe because you hold that view of distinction, and selective bias so close, you project it onto others? Anyways, still... Even if it's them...so what? Wtf cares what they think of your status? What's that got to do with how you move?