Quantcast

Why don’t more women play video games?

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,125 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
I know there are a lot that like sims like the sims, roller coaster tycoon, animal crossing, and “relaxing” type games.

How come women don’t typically (i mean as much as men) play action heavy games, like doom, CoD, GTA, God of War. Also just generally why don’t women play video games as much as men?

I feel like in general women struggle with having hobbies which is why they hate when men get to into their games. I’ve literally had an ex, get mad whenever i got on the sticks. Like, she was jealous i could have so much joy without her.

To make a long story short, why yall not copping a ps5?

Amuro

Kiryu's wife
Reaction score
Reactions
26,251 480 95
Alleybux
I’ve literally had an ex, get mad whenever i got on the sticks. Like, she was jealous i could have so much joy without her.
EikiDpIU0AAwtVK

Now Bob were you ignoring your girl, were you giving her your attention,did you say you love her because sometimes men are way to obsessed with their games. Or maybe she was just clingy..

brittiskies

biss in her soft era
Reaction score
Reactions
190,973 4,035 290
Alleybux
Simple video games arent marketed towards woman. I personally only played video games because my brother played them first. I watched him play them and realized some of them have deep complex stories.

I mainly play RPG, JRPG or something in that family. FPS are played strictly with friends only.

The game community as a whole is a toxic gateway to hell. Woman who game has to deal with toxic petty incel men that like to belittle them over the tiniest gameplay. We get cussed at, sexualized and bullied even before we play. If I do play a FPS without friends I dont talk because I just know one man will act a damn fool and the other ones on the team like the giggle and play along. Its just not worth it.

I still have ps4 pro and playstation will still make games for the ps4 after the ps5 comes out so there is no rush. I want to wait until the ps5 pro in black comes out.

ZoonMee00

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,415 1
Alleybux
I’ll get the ps5 whenever the new GTA comes because that’s the only game I care to play. But who knows when that’ll be :weary_face:

PandaKun

The Panda of LSA
Reaction score
Reactions
63,351 1,971 786
Alleybux
I like a mixture of relaxing type games and action type games. I like playing beat em ups like Yakuza, Streets of Rage. Then I enjoy other genres like Jrpgs, a bit of fighting games, and I absolutely love old school platformers. I don't play first person shooters at all because guys make it an unwelcoming experience for women. They act like gatekeepers and just behave annoyingly.

Cherica Cherry.

Hurts so good
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
104,986 11,533 1,514
Alleybux
I used to play GTA and other games on Xbox in college and some years thereafter but I've outgrown it. Now at most I may play the Sims every now and then.

2020yes

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,472 3 1
Alleybux
I know there are a lot that like sims like the sims, roller coaster tycoon, animal crossing, and “relaxing” type games.

How come women don’t typically (i mean as much as men) play action heavy games, like doom, CoD, GTA, God of War. Also just generally why don’t women play video games as much as men?

I feel like in general women struggle with having hobbies which is why they hate when men get to into their games. I’ve literally had an ex, get mad whenever i got on the sticks. Like, she was jealous i could have so much joy without her.

To make a long story short, why yall not copping a ps5?
First of all, I can’t imagine paying that type of money for a video game console. Secondly , people make it seem like video games are fun AF, but they seem complicated AF. I want to learn how to play sometimes and other times IDGAF and do not care to learn.

Voets3k

Would rather be rejected than disrespected
Reaction score
Reactions
141,541 5,315 2,962
Alleybux
Men are very territorial about "stereotypically male interests"...... The gaming community is extremely toxic

Metaphysique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,065 696 303
Alleybux
I’m friends with a lot of women who are avid gamers. Most of us are in our upper 30s to early 40s. I play more PC than console, but I appreciate console as well. I don’t play nearly as much as I used to. I’ve also only dated fellow gamers, because it’s a fun activity during downtime. I played a lot of WoW, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, Torchlight II, Aion, and Path of Exile years back. I played Diablo here and there.

My older two daughters are gamers. I got them a gaming laptop a few years ago so we could play together.

My husband and I gifted ourselves a limited edition Star Wars PS4 several years ago that our kids primarily use now since we plan to get the PS5 when it releases.

P.rose

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
171 1
Alleybux
bc most women don't feel a need to be competitive or win all the time. that feeling of winning/conquering you get from playing sports or violent type games is more of a masculine trait. winning and being competitive helps to boost the ego. women don't need those things to boost the ego.

Kanethia

Cornrow Clique
Reaction score
Reactions
422,044 13,101 1,901
Alleybux
I don't because a lot of games don't have female character options and I don't want to play a video game as a man. Also, men are really aggressive and rude in the online gaming world.

Last edited:

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,125 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
First of all, I can’t imagine paying that type of money for a video game console. Secondly , people make it seem like video games are fun AF, but they seem complicated AF. I want to learn how to play sometimes and other times IDGAF and do not care to learn.

I feel like games are a relatively cheap hobby, you buy a console once every 8 years. For instance, if you really wanted you could buy a cheap xbox with gamepass and have like 1000 games to play with monthly subscription.

If you’re someone that goes out drinking or out to eat a lot you cannot complain about the cost of gaming.

Men are very territorial about "stereotypically male interests"...... The gaming community is extremely toxic

I agree with this, but I don’t like those type of people either. If i play multiplayer games i only play with my boys.

manellejonae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,291 179 19
Alleybux
Why would shooting, killing, robbery and war be fun??? Real question is why do men like those games? And get so into it, like ya'll get deep, whole weekends gone pretending to murder folks.

For fun I like things that are soothing, extra points for cuteness, story, and ability for me to create something. That basically describes the first list of games you listed, which is probably why they're popular.

I'm not really into adrenaline and supercharged action, outside the odd movie every now and then. I don't really enjoy feeling hyped up and on edge, it feels unpleasant to me. That's why I'm more into soothing activities.

My hobbies include sewing, gardening, cooking, latin dance and reading

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,125 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
EikiDpIU0AAwtVK

Now Bob were you ignoring your girl, were you giving her your attention,did you say you love her because sometimes men are way to obsessed with their games. Or maybe she was just clingy..

I’m telling you she hated the sound of the console turning on. We could be sitting around not doing sh!t but as soon as she hear that little beep it’s a death stare

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,125 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
Why would shooting, killing, robbery and war be fun??? Real question is why do men like those games? And get so into it, like ya'll get deep, whole weekends gone pretending to murder folks.

For fun I like things that are soothing, extra points for cuteness, story, and ability for me to create something. That basically describes the first list of games you listed, which is probably why they're popular.

I'm not really into adrenaline and supercharged action, outside the odd movie every now and then. I don't really enjoy feeling hyped up and on edge, it feels unpleasant to me. That's why I'm more into soothing activities.

My hobbies include sewing, gardening, cooking, latin dance and reading

Not every game is murder and death, like the Detroit become human, fire watch, life is strange.

They also had a cool game coming out called valley of the gods starring a black woman.

Games ahve gotten really diverse in the past decade, in terms of the type of people in them and the type of stories. It’s not all shooting anymore.

Voets3k

Would rather be rejected than disrespected
Reaction score
Reactions
141,541 5,315 2,962
Alleybux
i fµck with video games but men overdo it and play too much for long ass periods of time.
Exactly! I'm a woman, I have stuff to do.... Besides, my late grandmother was an extremely productive hardworking woman, she'd probably leave her grave and beat the sh!t out of me, if I ever spent a whole day doing something like playing a video game

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,125 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
I’m friends with a lot of women who are avid gamers. Most of us are in our upper 30s to early 40s. I play more PC than console, but I appreciate console as well. I don’t play nearly as much as I used to. I’ve also only dated fellow gamers, because it’s a fun activity during downtime. I played a lot of WoW, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, Torchlight II, Aion, and Path of Exile years back. I played Diablo here and there.

My older two daughters are gamers. I got them a gaming laptop a few years ago so we could play together.

My husband and I gifted ourselves a limited edition Star Wars PS4 several years ago that our kids primarily use now since we plan to get the PS5 when it releases.

Are you getting baldurs gate 3?

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,125 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
bc most women don't feel a need to be competitive or win all the time. that feeling of winning/conquering you get from playing sports or violent type games is more of a masculine trait. winning and being competitive helps to boost the ego. women don't need those things to boost the ego.

There may be something to this, i do feel like women are very competitive but in other ways.’

If they weren’t we wouldn’t have Naomi Osaka and Serena williams dominating tennis.

Kali Uchis

LSA HR Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
86,981 4,305 813
Alleybux
Exactly! I'm a woman, I have stuff to do.... Besides, my late grandmother was an extremely productive hardworking woman, she'd probably leave her grave and beat the sh!t out of me, if I ever spent a whole day doing something like playing a video game

im all for having fun and unwinding by doing unproductive sh!t (my version of that is hopping on lsa lol) but my bfs will play the same game for hours at a time, talk to their friends while they do it and then come and expect me to play with them for even more hours like no im not about to play this damn game!!!

2020yes

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,472 3 1
Alleybux
I feel like[/B] games are a relatively cheap hobby, you buy a console once every 8 years. For instance, if you really wanted you could buy a cheap xbox with gamepass and have like 1000 games to play with monthly subscription.

If you’re someone that goes out drinking or out to eat a lot you cannot complain about the cost of gaming.

I agree with this, but I don’t like those type of people either. If i play multiplayer games i only play with my boys.
Lol OOP. Key phrase “I feel like”.
In spite of what you’ve shared here I still would never purchase any of this merchandise (console, games, subscriptions, etc).
Goes out drinking or out to eat a lot? Who’s doing that during the pandemic? Not I.

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,125 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
im all for having fun and unwinding by doing unproductive sh!t (my version of that is hopping on lsa lol) but my bfs will play the same game for hours at a time, talk to their friends while they do it and then come and expect me to play with them for even more hours like no im not about to play this damn game!!!

It’s the best way to hang out with your friends when you get a little older, especially in the times we’re living in now.

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,125 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
Lol OOP. Key phrase “I feel like”.
In spite of what you’ve shared here I still would never purchase any of this merchandise (console, games, subscriptions, etc).
Goes out drinking or out to eat a lot? Who’s doing that during the pandemic? Not I.

I just mean in general. A good meal and going out to eat for two people is at least 200 dollars for the night.

That’s an entire console right there

Shampagne

Ignoring half of you heauxs
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
172,835 864 644
Alleybux
I used to play GTA, Mafia and Resident Evil all through college and grad school as my stress reliever.

Amandabby22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
424,236 10,585 6,680
Alleybux
I’ll play COD every now & then but that’s it. I don’t feel like I’m unable to play video games because of my gender tho.. or anyone else for that matter.

It’s just not fun to me. I don’t even like action based movies. I’m more of a Mario type of girl.

2020yes

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,472 3 1
Alleybux
I just mean in general. A good meal and going out to eat for two people is at least 200 dollars for the night.

That’s an entire console right there
But what I’m saying is I’m not paying for anyone to go out and eat a good meal in a restaurant NOR am I paying for a console.
Ever since the pandemic I’ve been cooking wayyyy more. I made my own food before the pandemic and would occasionally go to restaurants , but now I literally won’t step foot into a restaurant. You couldn’t pay me to. No way no how.
Anyways, I’m sure games are fun AF but I just can’t get into them. Enjoy though.

Metaphysique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,065 696 303
Alleybux
Not every game is murder and death, like the Detroit become human, fire watch, life is strange.

They also had a cool game coming out called valley of the gods starring a black woman.

Games ahve gotten really diverse in the past decade, in terms of the type of people in them and the type of stories. It’s not all shooting anymore.

My older two have played Life is Strange. They like it. They also like some zombie games.

I don’t really care fore FPS games. I mostly play MMO and RPG fantasy and adventure games. I can appreciate action/sci-fi, but GTA and the like...nah.

But I don’t see how, when not overdone, it’s any different than other “nonproductive” hobbies. The genres I play happen to be the same genres I like for films and novels. Sometimes engaging in a story with characters in an immersive way is just as enjoyable and thrilling as experiencing it through other media.

I devoted a lot of time to leveling my WoW and other MMO characters. I invested a lot of hours into my favorite games. I always had a blast.

I’m looking forward to the PS5 so we can play while the kids visit my MIL during winter break. Lol

confusedBG

ʞɔnq ǝʍ 'ʞɔnuʞ ʎǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ
Reaction score
Reactions
5,424 22 10
Alleybux
i love action games lol. especially the violent ones. GTA San Andreas is my favorite game of all time. My favorite things to do are run people over and stab mfs (basically sh!t i'd never do in real life) :skull::skull::skull:

here we go again.png

edit: grammar lol

Last edited: