Quantcast

Why Is The Black Diaspora So Disengaged From Each Other?

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
3,245 149 87
Alleybux
ive been noticing the really odd, harmful and negative views we have of each other.

I’ve noticed a lot of africans view black Europeans as very wealthy and have no clue the financial struggles faced in Europe. Like the Uk for example , it is more likely people with African sounding names have to send their cv’s in numerous of times, yet they think all African British people live lavishly.

Now it seems like an unprovoked statement but there are too many stories of things like; people in the uk sending money over to their chosen country in africa to build a house for retirement and then they arrive to find all the money is gone and there is no house in sight .

Someone I know had a situation where their father died and it was insisted he be buried next to his father in nigeria, convenientally he died in proximity to the designated area of burial but if he were to die here in the uk, it was expected the women I knew pay for him to be shipped over there. I thought maybe it was the contrast in economic climate but black people in the uk still tend to be in the lower percentile .

These skewed views truly annoy me because while having these prejudices they are simultaneously complaining about how everyone thinks Africans are poor and need water while acting deprived and all.

In addition there’s African Americans who do actually see Africans as poor and then there’s the Africans both from the continent in Europe who see African Americans as ghetto amd uneducated.

I’m simply trying to understand how especially in this age of internet we are so disengaged from each other and still carry the beliefs of white people.

Is it because we are so culturally different that we cannot properly relate to each other and no longer see the need to relate and converse as much.

Or maybe is it wholly the fault of the media since most of the knowledge we have of each other doesn’t come from physical interactions?

This is actually a genuine question by the way.

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,750 3,098 2,605
Alleybux
I don't know but as an ADOS, I won't and don't participate in Diaspora wars. Open dialogue about differences are always welcomed but at the same time, being disrespectful will get a person checked. No reason for that kind of lowdown behavior when the attention and heat should be towards White Supremacy always. That's my take on all of it.

Remy Newport

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
298,646 6,108 4,258
Alleybux
The internet just fucks people up. I think it just makes people lazy. Go out in the world And see what’s really happening.

TangerYanger

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,925 540 297
Alleybux
Well the simple fact of the matter is; these are, despite belonging to the same race, different ethnicities, nationalities, religious and cultural groups. I sometimes laugh at the idea of pan-Africanism where people believe it'll be all black people all over the world singing kumbaya. Look at Northern Ireland; you have centuries long (including the present day) riots, fights, and killings among people who are the same nationality, same race, same location but different religion. Europe during the 20th century is basically people of the same race (but different ethnicities, nationalities, cultures, and religions, fighting and killing each other from the First World War to the conflict that saw the breakup of Yugoslavia). If those are members of the supposedly most privileged socio-economic "race' in the world, what the hell do people expect from other groups? We're all human.

Cem

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
194 4 1
Alleybux
Unfortunately, I think it’ll always go back to white supremacy. Keep us impoverished and divided, fighting for resources and convinced we’re each others’ enemy (even with the age of the internet)- it’ll keep us at one another’s necks instead of as one.

Also, the internet is a double edged sword. We love how interconnected we are and yet we’re often siloed from one another.

chiquita

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,031 593 268
Alleybux
I used to be someone who got wrapped up in the diaspora wars. But tbh, people have their own prejudices (usually due to white supremacy). Then the other party gets offended and projects their own prejudices. And there is the cycle. But if people want to unite, they need to do so without the people who are holding grudges due to hurt feelings.

LACQUER

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
120,601 5,786 1,518
Alleybux
  • diaspora
    ►​

• Any similar dispersion
    • A group so dispersed

That's what a "diaspora" is/does.

Mi amorr

Lover boy King drake ♡ on a sabbatical
Reaction score
Reactions
2,446 34 60
Alleybux
Crazy I was just thinking about this .
No side is innocent
Groan away .

StrangeXdefault

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
493,710 16,740 4,402
Alleybux
In addition there’s African Americans who do actually see Africans as poor and then there’s the Africans both from the continent in Europe who see African Americans as ghetto amd uneducated.

I think it's confirmation bias

I mean, this expat fits all the 'stereotypical' traits of a Black American (mother was on crack, single mother of 6 and had her youngest at 12, survivor of child abuse, etc...) but most of the comments under the video are supportive

LSA is a hot bed of arguments. People literally come here to talk sh*t but maybe you should look for more positive platforms? They're out there

bonesforb

KansasCityRIGGED
Reaction score
Reactions
129,732 3,003 1,191
Alleybux
Are we supposed to be engaged with each other? ADOS especially are 300, damn near 400 years out of Africa. We are not kin. We are Americans with our own history, culture and traditions. Chinese people don't fµck with Thai, North Koreans don't fµck with South Koreans, Europeans don't associate with White Americans. I don't get why this diaspora is supposed to have different human behavior.

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,640 11,232 14,342
Alleybux
ive been noticing the really odd, harmful and negative views we have of each other.

I’ve noticed a lot of africans view black Europeans as very wealthy and have no clue the financial struggles faced in Europe. Like the Uk for example , it is more likely people with African sounding names have to send their cv’s in numerous of times, yet they think all African British people live lavishly.

Now it seems like an unprovoked statement but there are too many stories of things like; people in the uk sending money over to their chosen country in africa to build a house for retirement and then they arrive to find all the money is gone and there is no house in sight .

Someone I know had a situation where their father died and it was insisted he be buried next to his father in nigeria, convenientally he died in proximity to the designated area of burial but if he were to die here in the uk, it was expected the women I knew pay for him to be shipped over there. I thought maybe it was the contrast in economic climate but black people in the uk still tend to be in the lower percentile .

These skewed views truly annoy me because while having these prejudices they are simultaneously complaining about how everyone thinks Africans are poor and need water while acting deprived and all.

I’m simply trying to understand how especially in this age of internet we are so disengaged from each other and still carry the beliefs of white people.

Is it because we are so culturally different that we cannot properly relate to each other and no longer see the need to relate and converse as much.

Or maybe is it wholly the fault of the media since most of the knowledge we have of each other doesn’t come from physical interactions?

This is actually a genuine question by the way.
The title is so misleading.

1. Africans in the continent aren't a part of the Black Diaspora since they are still living on the continent

2. To answer you question, i feel you about this and about Black history as well. Black people don't use internet in a correct way but rather use it to be internet clowns

BigMikeHere

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,603 2,250 1,807
Alleybux
Cultural issues aside, we really weren't until 5 years or so ago or around the advent of umar dumbass and Yvette Carnal and those morons.

I believe this is part of a plot by white supremacists to keep us divided so they can benefit off the fruits of our division.

People, please don't fall for this b.s!

Mahoganyyy

If I was you I'd hate me too - Lil' Kim
Reaction score
Reactions
916 69 42
Alleybux
Are we supposed to be engaged with each other? ADOS especially are 300, damn near 400 years out of Africa. We are not kin. We are Americans with our own history, culture and traditions. Chinese people don't fµck with Thai, North Koreans don't fµck with South Koreans, Europeans don't associate with White Americans. I don't get why this diaspora is supposed to have different human behavior.
I totally agree with this. Especially since they don’t even feel we have a culture even thought they indulge in it everyday. (The ones who live here in the United States) It’s always this double standard concerning black ethnic groups.

Citron Green

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
67,492 5,068 2,301
Alleybux
Black American is its own ethnic identity. That is all the sooner those in the black Diaspora understand that the better. We are 400 hears in Anerica our blood sweat and tears are in this soil. All the rights these new immigrants black and non-black POC enjoy were enacted because our black American Ancestors fought and died for them.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
3,245 149 87
Alleybux
I don’t even agree with what I said, I would rather not start this thread up again. I didn’t even have thoughts like that before I joined this site but I’ve returned to the real world.