Quantcast

Why isn't Vince Mcmahon respected outside of WWE?

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,729 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
I've read countless of times many of the "elites", the media, and businessmen don't respect him. Why do you think that is? Without a doubt he created WWE to what it is today. A sports spectacle that created the likes of Hogan, Savage, Rock, Austin, Taker, ect.... We've all grown up one away or another knowing WWE and the larger than life characters.

So why does the media hate him so much? Why isn't he and his family accepted by the elites(they crave to be in)?

buttahpecan_

lsa’s resident sweetheart.
Reaction score
Reactions
194,150 5,964 1,501
Alleybux
Donald Trump respects that seems to be his only friend in the business

He’s a Trump Supporter and public about it atleast NFL and NBA team owners are private about being racist for the most part

Mellie York

Ignorance is Bliss.
Reaction score
Reactions
495,602 18,050 3,371
Alleybux
IDK, but Vince screams BDE
tenor.gif

Juicy Judy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,431 1,296 1,210
Alleybux
I've read countless of times many of the "elites", the media, and businessmen don't respect him. Why do you think that is? Without a doubt he created WWE to what it is today. A sports spectacle that created the likes of Hogan, Savage, Rock, Austin, Taker, ect.... We've all grown up one away or another knowing WWE and the larger than life characters.

So why does the media hate him so much? Why isn't he and his family accepted by the elites(they crave to be in)?
Most ppl don't see or respect tv wrestling as an actual sport or see those wrestlers as true athletes. Vince is more like a content creator imo. As you know content creators get very little respect outside of their arena.

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
Even though the injuries aren’t and they don’t have an off season like football and basketball players

Yep I know the injuries aren’t fake I grew up watching since my mother was a huge fan. The storylines are artificial. Yes you’re right about the NFL/NBA as well. WWF/WWE work 365 days non stop every week.

Reaction score
Reactions
13,266 153 25
Alleybux
I remember when Brett the hitman Hart was retiring and all he asked Vince was that he retire as the champion against Shawn Michaels and Vince rung the bell to let the other guy win! It was in his contract and Brett had control of his image.

Brett punched him in the face backstage after that.

buttahpecan_

lsa’s resident sweetheart.
Reaction score
Reactions
194,150 5,964 1,501
Alleybux
Yep I know the injuries aren’t fake I grew up watching since my mother was a huge fan. The storylines are artificial. Yes you’re right about the NFL/NBA as well. WWF/WWE work 365 days non stop every week.
This! I grew up watching wrestling and people are always quick to call wrestling fake but the average person can’t do what they do

Reaction score
Reactions
136,821 2,744 1,706
Alleybux
The general public sees wrestling as a carny event. It's in it's history where it goes through cycles where people will enjoy, but for them it's still consider low class. Vince generating wealth doesn't change that even with him trying to change the optics to appear more respectable.

Last edited:

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,729 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
The general public sees wrestling as a carny event. It's in it's history where it goes through cycles where people will enjoy, but for them it's still consider low class. Vince generating wealth doesn't change that even with him trying to change the optics to appear more respectable.
Don't understand this. People watch movies knowing its fake so why disrespect the athletes who put their bodies on the line everyday to give us a show.

Stormy_Weather

“You Bit**es Ain’t Humble Enough”
Reaction score
Reactions
478,299 8,522 2,296
Alleybux
Because he’s an asshole, for one thing. Also, he doesn’t really do much outside of wrestling, so I don’t think people who aren’t fans pay him much attention

DreamBlue

Aligning my chakras
Reaction score
Reactions
86,778 1,223 79
Alleybux
Don't understand this. People watch movies knowing its fake so why disrespect the athletes who put their bodies on the line everyday to give us a show.

Because a lot of them still feel stupid after growing up to realize that all the wins are scripted. I'm like it's in the title: World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT. I mean they even tell you that it's sports entertainment. It's not WWE's fault that they're slow on the uptake. :arrogant

I've had this same discussion with people who try to diss it. I ask them, you watch movies and know that it's fake right? So what's the difference? Usually they be stumbling for an answer and then they be like but it's a sport. And I'm like every major sport has had match fixing scandals: football/soccer, basketball, cricket etc. At least pro wrestling tells you up front what the deal is. Usually they don't have a comeback after that.

Reaction score
Reactions
14,774 408 122
Alleybux
Even wrestling fans don't respect wrestling fans. They're one step above circus performers, but even that's pushing it. At least the circus isn't overrun with pedophiles/rapists.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,729 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
Because a lot of them still feel stupid after growing up to realize that all the wins are scripted. I'm like it's in the title: World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT. I mean they even tell you that it's sports entertainment. It's not WWE's fault that they're slow on the uptake. :arrogant

I've had this same discussion with people who try to diss it. I ask them, you watch movies and know that it's fake right? So what's the difference? Usually they be stumbling for an answer and then they be like but it's a sport. And I'm like every major sport has had match fixing scandals: football/soccer, basketball, cricket etc. At least pro wrestling tells you up front what the deal is. Usually they don't have a comeback after that.
This is facts. I will say though I don't watch current WWE since its abysmal so people can diss current WWE all they want just not AE lol

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,587 663 4
Alleybux
Talent Dying
Steroid Deaths
Steroid Scandal
Attitude Era
Owen Hart's Death
Racist Caricatures
Racism in general, which Kamala talked about in his book when he was told Vince didn't care for black folks & wouldn't pay them the same money as white talent.

Also the rumor of giving preferential treatment to wrestlers who gave xesual favors. Kamala touched on that too.

Of course none of this makes Vince too much different than all of shady white Repub businessmen, but WWE is all he's really done anything for, and it's not high up on the totem pole anymore for things mainstream cares about.

DreamBlue

Aligning my chakras
Reaction score
Reactions
86,778 1,223 79
Alleybux
This is facts. I will say though I don't watch current WWE since its abysmal so people can diss current WWE all they want just not AE lol

The current product is actually pretty decent. AE was for a different time period. But right now, especially on Smackdown they're doing a good job. They have lots of talented stars and maybe this deal with Peacock will give them a wider audience to notice them.

Dale Rick Nor

Crush and Crush Again
Reaction score
Reactions
197,541 6,360 6,710
Alleybux
Racism in general, which Kamala talked about in his book when he was told Vince didn't care for black folks & wouldn't pay them the same money as white talent.

Also the rumor of giving preferential treatment to wrestlers who gave xesual favors. Kamala touched on that too.

Of course none of this makes Vince too much different than all of shady white Repub businessmen, but WWE is all he's really done anything for, and it's not high up on the totem pole anymore for things mainstream cares about.
So very true

Some of the characters and storylines were horrible and yeah, the xesual harassment that went on was insane.

PhantomCocaine

Super Spectator
Reaction score
Reactions
7,757 314 88
Alleybux
Businessmen, REAL businessmen respect the sh!t outta Vince McMahon. That boy is a money making motherfµcker, his promotional techniques are studied by business people all over the world. Like, people pay thousands of dollars to get introduced to Vince McMahon. He might be a clown in the ring sometimes, but in the boardroom he is innovative and a leader in his field. And most importantly, he makes money and that's highly respected.

Mobrown1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,812 397 724
Alleybux
This! I grew up watching wrestling and people are always quick to call wrestling fake but the average person can’t do what they do
Wrestling is fake, the moves are not. My cousins were suspended from school many times back in the day for using wrestling moves on classmates.

Qsavv

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
46,018 3,088 1,200
Alleybux
maybe because the WWE isnt as respected as a sport nor seen as one. more so entertainment so although vince and his father built the company, it just looks like entertainment on television; he's seen as a producer figure and tv personality more than a successful businessman.

And i dont think his other business ventures have been as successful.. his first run at the XFL, The app TOUT, WWE studios produce straight to DVD movies, etc etc

even his dealings with the trump administration didn't do anything for the mcmahon family

SammyK

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,996 4,895 492
Alleybux
Many wrestlers don’t like Vince either. I think they are hasty about talking to badly about him because of confidentiality contracts and being blackballed by the WWE but those that have spoken out say he’s all about money and doesn’t give damn about the wrestlers as whole.

peekaboo29

Came for the tea, stayed for the shade.
Reaction score
Reactions
317,141 10,843 2,725
Alleybux
Because he’s a buffoon. That markets his business using racism and sexism. The only person that respects his business acumen is the bigger buffoon Donald J Trump.

Reaction score
Reactions
136,821 2,744 1,706
Alleybux

The WWE name name happened around the 90's and early 2000's. They weren't always and they weren't respected before that either.

The sport entertainment line comes from Vince's trial with the New Jersey Senate. He classified wrestling as that avoid being regulated like regular sports.

DreamBlue

Aligning my chakras
Reaction score
Reactions
86,778 1,223 79
Alleybux
The WWE name name happened around the 90's and early 2000's. They weren't always and they weren't respected before that either.

The sport entertainment line comes from Vince's trial with the New Jersey Senate. He classified wrestling as that avoid being regulated like regular sports.

I know when the name change happened. It's because they lost the dispute with the Wildlife Fund. The point is it is not like a regular sport. They tell the audience that it's not like a regular sport. They say that it's entertainment. So therefore the point I'm making is, it's not their fault if some people are slow to catch on to that.

Bad Streets

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,748 8,085 1,876
Alleybux
There are many things already said as to why Vince is not respected outside of WWE and holds a controversial place within wrestling a while.

I think Vince believed too much of his own bµllsh!t. Vince made ground breaking moves to modernize American wrestling in the mid 80s and he should respected for that but when the fad of Hulk-a-mania and the Rock and Wrestling era began to subside as the 90s came on, Vince was out steam and ideas and while Vince had legendary talent such as Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, he could not repeat what he had with Hogan/Savage/Andre and most hardcore wrestling fans will tell you that the years between 92 and 95-96 where rough and Vince almost lost it all.

The celebrated Attitude era only exists because of Shane and others urging of Vince to take elements of ECW, the NWO angle the trash TV of the 90s to freshen his product. Vince had no ideas and has not had any ideas and we are nearly 20 years away from the Attitude Era and WWE has been PG for over a decade.

Vince is kinda overrated in some respects within the wrestling industry. The "Mr. McMahon" character was a great heel who play off of a legendary face (Steve Austin) and Vince was a great promoter but the pop culture relevence that Vince has been craving since early 2000s has not returned and I think people outside of the wrestling business know this, understand this and probably hold in low reguard because of it and that's before we talk about steroids, wrestler deaths, xesual harrassment and other scandals.

KingTchalla

A person tryna play me, plays themselves
Reaction score
Reactions
69,504 1,602 138
Alleybux
I like WWE as a guilty pleasure but honestly it can be and regularly is/has been very tastleless and just generally silly. Worst WWE moments include:

-Vince making people kiss his bare ass in the ring/stinkface in generally (rubbing someone's face in your ass)

-Hardcore objectification of women, encouraging women to get terrible overinflated fake boobs, bikini contests, using lesbians as fetish material for men, lingerie wrestling and generally only pushing white women with big boobs and blonde hair because that's what Vince likes, regardless of talent. Plus rampant xesual harrassment and even assualt behind the scenes.

-That time Vince made Trish crawl on her knees in lingerie and bark like a dog

-Vince forcing Lita and Edge to have that live xes celebriation (despite multiple wrestlers begging him not to do it) and getting mad at Lita for having a nip slip despite the fact he was the one who told her to take her bra off??

-Necrophilia and incest plot lines including with his own daughter (and this was Vince's own idea!!)

-Multiple racist gimmicks and use of the N-word on air

-Pushing his own wrestling career by making himself win all the time, despite not being a wrestler at all

-All the male wrestlers being on roids

-Mae Young giving birth to a hand!! I'm not joking. An old ass lady. Giving birth. To a hand.

-Putting out terrible movies for no reason

-Vince being the biggest sell out in the history of sell outs and doing literally anything no matter how demeaning for money

-Never listening to fans

-Vince being terrible with money, that NFL project he did flopping basically immediately and alledged regularly losing the WWE money due to his inablity to modernize and make good decision I think it was CM Punk who said he was a millionaire who should be a billionaire, basically saying he's too stupid to make good financial and artistic decisions)

-Vince being an unlikeable, openly racist sexist homophobic asshole who believes his own hype too much

-Giving other racist sexist homophobic assholes a platform and supporting them

And as others mentioned wrestling in general isn't considered respectable. Wrestlers work very hard but at the end of the day the fights are fake, the plotlines are fake and often ridiculous (plus most wrestlers are terrible actors lol). It's basically like a soap opera with fighting.

I think/hope WWE will improve once Triple H and Stephanie take over, I think his son could improve it too. The problem is Vince is too dense and egotistical to take any suggestions on how to improve the company.

HaitianBarbie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,686 1,353 384
Alleybux
I remember when Brett the hitman Hart was retiring and all he asked Vince was that he retire as the champion against Shawn Michaels and Vince rung the bell to let the other guy win! It was in his contract and Brett had control of his image.

Brett punched him in the face backstage after that.

I still would've paid to see that and be like

tenor.gif

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,729 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
Many wrestlers don’t like Vince either. I think they are hasty about talking to badly about him because of confidentiality contracts and being blackballed by the WWE but those that have spoken out say he’s all about money and doesn’t give damn about the wrestlers as whole.
Stephanie and HHH are the same as welll....

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,729 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
I like WWE as a guilty pleasure but honestly it can be and regularly is/has been very tastleless and just generally silly. Worst WWE moments include:

-Vince making people kiss his bare ass in the ring/stinkface in generally (rubbing someone's face in your ass)

-Hardcore objectification of women, encouraging women to get terrible overinflated fake boobs, bikini contests, using lesbians as fetish material for men, lingerie wrestling and generally only pushing white women with big boobs and blonde hair because that's what Vince likes, regardless of talent. Plus rampant xesual harrassment and even assualt behind the scenes.

-That time Vince made Trish crawl on her knees in lingerie and bark like a dog

-Vince forcing Lita and Edge to have that live xes celebriation (despite multiple wrestlers begging him not to do it) and getting mad at Lita for having a nip slip despite the fact he was the one who told her to take her bra off??

-Necrophilia and incest plot lines including with his own daughter (and this was Vince's own idea!!)

-Multiple racist gimmicks and use of the N-word on air

-Pushing his own wrestling career by making himself win all the time, despite not being a wrestler at all

-All the male wrestlers being on roids

-Mae Young giving birth to a hand!! I'm not joking. An old ass lady. Giving birth. To a hand.

-Putting out terrible movies for no reason

-Vince being the biggest sell out in the history of sell outs and doing literally anything no matter how demeaning for money

-Never listening to fans

-Vince being terrible with money, that NFL project he did flopping basically immediately and alledged regularly losing the WWE money due to his inablity to modernize and make good decision I think it was CM Punk who said he was a millionaire who should be a billionaire, basically saying he's too stupid to make good financial and artistic decisions)

-Vince being an unlikeable, openly racist sexist homophobic asshole who believes his own hype too much

-Giving other racist sexist homophobic assholes a platform and supporting them

And as others mentioned wrestling in general isn't considered respectable. Wrestlers work very hard but at the end of the day the fights are fake, the plotlines are fake and often ridiculous (plus most wrestlers are terrible actors lol). It's basically like a soap opera with fighting.

I think/hope WWE will improve once Triple H and Stephanie take over, I think his son could improve it too. The problem is Vince is too dense and egotistical to take any suggestions on how to improve the company.
The worst moment is Owen's death and how he continued the show not even thinking about the wrestlers who have to perform knowing Owen had died. Disgusting. Also its not going to get better with Steph and HHH.

pynkecho

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
10,140 83 24
Alleybux
The worst moment is Owen's death and how he continued the show not even thinking about the wrestlers who have to perform knowing Owen had died. Disgusting. Also its not going to get better with Steph and HHH.

I kinda disagree w/ your last statement, I think Triple H has definitely bought some class to wrestling with NXT & taking female wrestlers seriously. I have my issues w/ HHH & Steph as I'm sure most fans do, but I can still appreciate that he's trying to find a balance between ushering in the new young talent, keeping the older talent around in a respectful & believable way & taking female wrestlers seriously as wrestlers. If they keep going in that direction after Vinnie Mac retires or dies or whatever, I can see other aspects of wrestling becoming more legit too.