Quantcast

Winsome Sears says she would die for America, starts 'USA' chant during victory speech: 'American dream'

Yankeeology

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,332 8,718 7,765
Alleybux
Winsome Sears delivered a patriotic speech after she was projected to become the first woman and woman of color to be elected Virginia’s lieutenant governor.

"I'm telling you that what you are looking at is the American dream," Sears said during her victory speech.

Sears, a Marine Corps veteran, claimed victory in a speech early Wednesday morning and was met by a crowd chanting, "Winsome! Winsome! Winsome!"
1635948291519.png

"When I joined the Marine Corps, I was still a Jamaican. But this country had done so much for me, I was willing, willing, to die for this country," Sears said during her victory speech early Wednesday morning.

She then led the boisterous crowd in a "USA" chant.
"In case you haven't noticed, I am Black. And I have been Black all my life, but that's not what this is about," she continued.

"What we are going to do now is be about the business of the Commonwealth," she said. "We have things to tend to. We are going to fully fund our historically Black colleges and universities. We’re going to have safer neighborhoods, safer communities, and our children are going to get a good education."

Sears is expected to defeat Democratic opponent, State Del. Hala Ayala, in the race, and will be the first woman and woman of color to assume the position of lieutenant governor in Virginia’s history.

She immigrated to the United States from Jamaica as a child, and was the director of a Salvation Army homeless shelter prior to entering politics. She also owns an appliance and plumbing repair store in Virginia, and previously served as vice president of the Virginia Board of Education.
1635948326091.png

Tiana@12

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,877 1,244 313
Alleybux
I’m surprised:emoji_shrug:voted for her. They love to invalidate and ignore the military service of black women.

I am an Air Force vet. Marine, thank you for your service.

RLB X

I speak when I have something to say
Reaction score
Reactions
27,722 366 399
Alleybux
Of course she would, this is the type of black woman lots of people want in power.

Dani_Blanco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
288,135 8,314 1,773
Alleybux
That tap dancing Jamaican negro is going to support the republican anti-black ideology!
What’s tap dancing about this? Shame on you

We are going to fully fund our historically Black colleges and universities. We’re going to have safer neighborhoods, safer communities, and our children are going to get a good educa

Tiana@12

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,877 1,244 313
Alleybux
Of course she would, this is the type of black woman lots of people want in power.
I thanked this Marine for her service, period.

No matter what “type” of black woman she is, they do not like to see a black woman in ”their” spot. So I’m surprised :emoji_shrug: held her nose and voted for youngkin knowing Sears was on the ticket. I did not say they won’t come against her, but I think their desperation is showing. This is not their usual long game. They hate Condoleezza, Susan and Kamala and they tap shoes is sparklin’ clean.

Taralynn23

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,558 3,360 1,982
Alleybux
So endorsed by nra that didn’t do a GD thing when philando was killed, didn’t do sh!t when Breonna was killed. Two cases of black ppl legally owning guns. 95% of the time y’all b!tch when someone isn’t ados but suddenly this woman is so great. If anyone else would yell they’d die for this shithole country y’all would go on how this country is racist and that person is crazy but this is okay?

Games

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,938 3,665 3,118
Alleybux
BW are the way. We know this. A lot of Blacks are conservative. We like law and order. That free for all liberal mess is a total trick bag. Let’s see what Auntie does.

I can get with her funding HBCU’s, keeping our neighborhoods safe, and the babies getting a good education.

That article forgot to mention that she had 3 daughters, but one of her daughters tragically died in a bad car accident along with her 2 kids back in 2012. She lost her daughter and 2 grandchildren, but she still has her husband and 2 daughters. That’s who was on stage with her as she gave her victory speech.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
482,598 16,078 11,537
Alleybux
What’s tap dancing about this? Shame on you

We are going to fully fund our historically Black colleges and universities. We’re going to have safer neighborhoods, safer communities, and our children are going to get a good educa
Auntie Cherrelle will lose the same white voters who put her ass in office if she does all that. It’s “Communism” unless it directly benefits them

Tidewater

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,121 1,008 275
Alleybux
This is part of what’s wrong with the Democrats, we’re criticized when we don’t support them unconditionally. The more Democrats favor immigrants and trans women over us, the more you’ll see pull away from the party.

I do vote D but I’m glad she won. I’m also pro 2A and love seeing black women gun owners.

Games

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,938 3,665 3,118
Alleybux
Right????

That pic with the rifle is sending me. I used to be anti gun but these days more BW need to bear arms. We have to take care of ourselves.
Right. Black Femicide is real. Our own men aren’t protecting us and never protected us, so we have to protect ourselves from our own men. How sad is that? My heart breaks for BW who unfortunately live in economically disenfranchised environments. It’s a war zone and our sisters don’t deserve that.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
482,598 16,078 11,537
Alleybux
This is part of what’s wrong with the Democrats, we’re criticized when we don’t support them unconditionally. The more Democrats favor immigrants and trans women over us, the more you’ll see pull away from the party.

I do vote D but I’m glad she won. I’m also pro 2A and love seeing black women gun owners.
Is it a monoracial thing to assume that if anyone benefits from something positive it’s a net loss to someone else directly? I’m trying to understand the mindset better.

Republicans were the ones screaming about trans and immigrants this entire time, but y’all never seem to care who exactly is crafting the narrative, you just run along with it like gospel truth and assume anything but abject hatred is undying devotion.

What causes you to fluctuate between these two extreme lines of thinking? The “with us or against us, their gain is our automatic loss” mentality?

Sally Brown

To work is to lose in life- Ava Coleman
Reaction score
Reactions
50,545 2,953 52
Alleybux
This is the same woman who backs the TX abortion law coming to VA. That’s why she didn’t get my vote.

Also, VA GOP will probably run her in 4 years for Gov depending on how far right she goes. If she turns into Amanda Chase, a GOP extremist, they’ll pick another Youngkin type who will run on a wedge issue that doesn’t exist.

safespace19

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,658 207 216
Alleybux
I’m sorry any black person that says they are willing to die for America is a looney tune. Reminds of day-day working as the security guard. Sorry not sorry good luck, welcome to Florida Virginians

Taralynn23

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,558 3,360 1,982
Alleybux
Let’s see if hbcus get funded. SHE may say she wants to fund them but she’s not the governor who by the way wants books by black authors banned so is he really gonna fund hbcus? I mean he ran on banning crt which isn’t even taught in Virginia schools! CRT is the latest racist dog whistle but it’s all good there’s a black woman as Lt Governor. It’s astounding how so many of you are blinded by the very things you rail against. I guarantee if she was a black man or a ls woman she would not have the support some of you are extending to her.

meash

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,005 90 58
Alleybux
crabs be calling this thread black ppl in a barrel. give auntie a chance instead of acting like yt tr4nnie twitter.

S J Snitchie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,399 237 179
Alleybux
Right. Black Femicide is real. Our own men aren’t protecting us and never protected us, so we have to protect ourselves from our own men. How sad is that? My heart breaks for BW who unfortunately live in economically disenfranchised environments. It’s a war zone and our sisters don’t deserve that.
Protect ourselves? Yes. “From our own men” No. From WHOEVER is trying to hurt us, regardless of race, gender or anything else!

Fixed that for ya

Loeny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,768 6,962 11,545
Alleybux
So endorsed by nra that didn’t do a GD thing when philando was killed, didn’t do sh!t when Breonna was killed. Two cases of black ppl legally owning guns. 95% of the time y’all b!tch when someone isn’t ados but suddenly this woman is so great. If anyone else would yell they’d die for this shithole country y’all would go on how this country is racist and that person is crazy but this is okay?
NRA shouldn't support criminals.

Loeny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,768 6,962 11,545
Alleybux
Let’s see if hbcus get funded. SHE may say she wants to fund them but she’s not the governor who by the way wants books by black authors banned so is he really gonna fund hbcus? I mean he ran on banning crt which isn’t even taught in Virginia schools! CRT is the latest racist dog whistle but it’s all good there’s a black woman as Lt Governor. It’s astounding how so many of you are blinded by the very things you rail against. I guarantee if she was a black man or a ls woman she would not have the support some of you are extending to her.
Trump funded HBCUS but black people kept their heads in the sand.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Don't fall for it,

Like Malcolm X said both are the same but use Black people as their trophies.

Let's see the real results once they take office.

Loeny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,768 6,962 11,545
Alleybux
Two high profile women in politics of Jamaican descent.
This one woman WORKED her way to success.
The other? Well ..........

jdecision21

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,696 18,979 9,274
Alleybux

Why does she need to have a black agenda? She didn't go the hbcu route. That's not the only route for success as a black person.

Justbeingnosy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,036 1,055 454
Alleybux
Interestingly some of these fonts talk mad trash about Candace Owens but praise this woman?

okay, I guess.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,526 56 35
Alleybux
Winsome Sears didn’t run on black issues or hint at maybe looking into either, she just is. I live right here born and bred in the Hampton Roads area and Winsome was in the hood out Norfolk years ago, so I voted for her. We got nothing with Governor KKK (Northam) or Lt Gov Fairfax ( a black man) so what do we have to lose? I’m a Independent. I’m pro black women owning guns and protecting themselves and their families. I’m for small business, I’m for cutting taxes, I am pro military, I am pro life (in AND out of the uterus) and I’m definitely not for politicians calling parents terrorists especially when said man was rightfully mad as hell about the Loudoun County school system covering up the rape of his daughter by a boy in a skirt, who then was placed in a different school where he raped another girl. The school system should leave the teaching of morals and sexuality to the parents because we see time and again how messy these people are My stance on abortion is I’m pro life if you want to have one then that’s you, I don’t want my tax payer dollars paying into that let me choose where I’d relocate those funds like a program that helps the elderly or low income single mothers/ foster care children. If she is smart she too will distance herself from the Orange one and tend to Virginia’s business, residents and our children.

Last edited:

jdecision21

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,696 18,979 9,274
Alleybux

What does the NRA have to do with Philando Castile? The NRA doesn't have any kind of jurisdiction. Seriously some of ya'll latch onto the dumbest most nonsensical sh!t. NRA doesn't force you to buy guns. Should the knife lobby make a statement everytime someone is stabbed? Ya'll latch onto fµck sh!t and miss the bigger picture EVERY fµck!ng TIME.