Let’s go Liberty
giphy.gif

Hygge Chic

Extroverted Introvert
Reaction score
Reactions
26,755 395 54
Alleybux
Oh wow, time flies!! I remember the "We Got Next" campaign for their inaugural season. I'm glad to see the league has survived

renky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,408 528 333
Alleybux
I used to love the WNBA back in the day. I'm going to to stick with it this season.

Pearl Shay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
168,339 3,565 714
Alleybux
I want to see Chicago. I was sad to see that Angel was injured, but glad she's still committed to playing.

Ayanami Rei

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,611 2,099 285
Alleybux
Watched the Fever vs Liberty.

Great game. Liberty dominated the beginning but the Fever caught up.

Ionescu hit a 3 in the last few seconds to win the game for the Liberty.

ThatLeogirl

NY State of Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
282,850 8,886 2,263
Alleybux
Watched the Fever vs Liberty.

Great game. Liberty dominated the beginning but the Fever caught up.

Ionescu hit a 3 in the last few seconds to win the game for the Liberty.
That game was good. My Liberty almost choked it away but Sabrina came through

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,431 1,354 37
Alleybux
So I watched 2.5 out of the 4 games yesterday and had both games on today... the Fever were right there with the Liberty but nice to see Sabrina back in form... I didn't see much of the Sun/Dream but it seems the Dream are going to have a long road this season... the Sun might be ready to make another run to the Finals... I didn't see any of the Lynx/Mercury but I am interested in what the Mercury are going to do this season... they really are too top heavy to not be in Final contention...

The Sparks/Wings game was wild but then I remembered how many new faces the Sparks had, combined with the players just thankful they made the team... despite how I feel about Fish as a coach, hopefully, this week until the next game will get them to figure out their identity as a team... I was impressed with the Wings though... they looked the complete opposite of the Sparks... though their faces aren't new, they are still young... but with Allisha Gray clearly being the number one option while Arike was in foul trouble, they looked very comfy... and Charli's double double didn't hurt... looking forward to what Coach Vickie Johnson will do with this squad...

As for today's games... my Mystics are clearly missing integral players between EDD sitting on the sidelines, Hines-Allen being in France and newcomer Alysha Clark being out for the season... I am going to just hope we are able to get it together by July... on the other side, Chicago is looking good together... Candace seems to be fitting in well with her younger, fast teammates... I am definitely keeping an eye on them as well...

Last game... I am sad that Angel is out for another season... the Aces are definitely going to have to figure out who is contributing after A'ja... Liz and Kelsey both missed last season so I imagine some rust but I expected a bit more from Chelsea Gray...

Now to the defending champions... the Storm continue to look scary... they just have so many potent weapons, it is wild.. and so many of their main players were there for the 2018 chip as well.... they def are the team to beat, until further notice....

My top 4 teams are the Storm, Mercury, Sky and Sun... it would have had the Aces in there had Angel not been out...

Snhgdh04

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,213 775 6
Alleybux
My Mystics were looking a hot mess yesterday. And the league needs to think about expanding soon in my opinion they’re losing a lot of fans due to waiving draftees year after year. This is probably why women’s college BBall fans don’t transition to WNBA fans.

ThatLeogirl

NY State of Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
282,850 8,886 2,263
Alleybux
My Mystics were looking a hot mess yesterday. And the league needs to think about expanding soon in my opinion they’re losing a lot of fans due to waiving draftees year after year. This is probably why women’s college BBall fans don’t transition to WNBA fans.
I was talking about this with my mom earlier. The issue is the pandemic and the fear of a team underperforming. Because looking at the schedule, it can be a little annoying to see the teams play each other all the time.

TDot_Girl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,549 356 17
Alleybux
That Liberty & Fever opener was entertaining. Sabrina game winner was crazy. Laney had a great gm. I like this NY team they get after it.

Wilson came out like she wants another MVP award.Gray looked rough out in her 1st gm with Vegas. I’m a fan of Chelsea so I hope she has a good season.

CP3 had a good gm in her Sky debut. Copper looking like gonna win MIP.

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,431 1,354 37
Alleybux
I don't have CBS SportNet so I didn't see today's game.... I have to just go by what I read... I am seeing great things about Liberty rookie, Onyenwere, so it will be interesting to see what this young NY team does again more veteran teams... they seem to be an exciting squad early in this season...

Looking at the box score for the Sun/Mercury game and I see Bonner went off to lead the Sun... seeing that none of the big 3 in PhX had at least 20 points so no surprise that they lost tonight... I still haven't actually seen the Mercury play so I am looking forward to that...

Snhgdh04

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,213 775 6
Alleybux
And ESPN ain’t ish for leading with the headline 9th triple double in Wnba history, I can’t stand them. Should’ve just left it at Sabrina is the youngest in Wnba history to have a triple double.

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,431 1,354 37
Alleybux
Liberty been waiting for like 8 months to show up and show out... Sabrina is healthy and ballin' out... and Betnijah is right there with her... also, the rookie Michaela is not looking too bad either....

Second game: Mercury decided to look like a top team tonight... Tina did all she could to keep the Mystics alive but BG decided she would finally play like a big and got a double-double... and Turner decided to join her and got her own double-double....

But overall, I can't wait to see EDD back healthy and on the court... I really want to see how she and Tina play together...

Snhgdh04

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,213 775 6
Alleybux
Liberty been waiting for like 8 months to show up and show out... Sabrina is healthy and ballin' out... and Betnijah is right there with her... also, the rookie Michaela is not looking too bad either....

Second game: Mercury decided to look like a top team tonight... Tina did all she could to keep the Mystics alive but BG decided she would finally play like a big and got a double-double... and Turner decided to join her and got her own double-double....

But overall, I can't wait to see EDD back healthy and on the court... I really want to see how she and Tina play together...
I wish Meesseman was playing too… :cry:

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,431 1,354 37
Alleybux
I wish Meesseman was playing too… :cry:
Good point... we have so many significant pieces out right now... just looking at the roster, and this team is really solid...

Also, I am going back and forth between this Aces/Storm game and the Cs/Wiz game... when I left at halftime, the Aces were up by a bunch... seems the Storm have been awaken this secon half because this game is way more competitive... of course, I hope the Aces hold on for the W but the Storm can never be counted out...

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,319 4,977 407
Alleybux
With great talent spread across the teams, it'll be fun to make a dream team and/or all-star teams to battle it out haha.

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,431 1,354 37
Alleybux
It was nice to see the Aces hold on and get the win last night... also, Chelsea Gray looks like she might fit it just well with the team... not that I saw many Aces games last year, I do think Gray will be an upgrade from McBride... I recall her playing a significant role in the Sparks 2016 title run...

TDot_Girl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,549 356 17
Alleybux
Let me send this screenshot to the Raptors Owners so I can have a local team to watch.
B3E4A9DB-F220-4B8E-885E-AA43034DCAA6.jpeg

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,431 1,354 37
Alleybux
Okay, I watched the first two games on tonight... Mystics/Liberty and Fever/Dream..

First up, my home team got off the snide and pulled out their first win while handing NY their first loss... as I had said before, the Mystics have some quality pieces playing, even with so much sitting on the bench with injuries/absences... they definitely benefitted from their shots dropping early... and Bird McCall has been bringing a lot of energy this year... I guess she couldn't let her sis in Connecticut be the only one in the family ballin out....

But despite the L, it is clear that Betnijah Laney is better know as Bucket... she still had a 20 point game despite no one else having it going...

As for the battle of the bottom, though I have watched both of these teams a total of one time, I feel confidant in saying that it is clear that the Fever have no clue on what to do on offense... their offensive possessions were so offensive, lol... no really, they have a 6'10 player who seems to be able to move... but since she is a rook, I guess it will take some time to work her into the offense.. and Kysre is definitely not afraid to shoot... she still needs to work on protecting the ball and running the offense but she seems comfy as the off guard right now..

With the Dream, they looked very aggressive on both offense and defense... it is clear that they are very guard heavy... and that is their strength.... they will need to get more from their post players if they want to battle with the big teams...

Now, let me watch this Mercury/Sun game...

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,431 1,354 37
Alleybux
Okay, before I even started really watching the Sun/Mercury game, the Sun had gotten out to a 11-0 run... way to ruin PhX's opening night... the Sun are really playing like the team that was in the Finals two seasons ago... and they are doing this with Alyssa Thomas on the sidelines... I hope they are able to sustain this excellence all season.... I really do like the way that they play and they have a good number of Terps on their squad... I also want to see if DiJonai will get enough playing time to be considered for ROY... overall, Bonner is a great leader and the coaching is superb...

Now to the Mercury... I am so confused... they were clamped down by the Sun defense... it is clear they are not ready for the Sun... I will have to see how they hold up with the Aces and Storm to see if they are truly a top tier team or just a confused average mess with All-Star/All-Time Great talent... I do like watching Brianna Turner play... I felt like she was injured a lot when I would watch her at Notre Dame so it is nice to see her having such success in the W...

rawiya

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,281 662 86
Alleybux
Since LadyEsq decided not to recap y'all on the last Friday night game, I will: ACES WON!!! All nine players scored. Dearica and Liz had double doubles. Point GAWD was point gawding. Our rookie was good. There was some really nice blocks.

As for LA. I dunno. Their fans on Twitter don't seem impressed at all. I do wonder what the week long break between games (especially when they're coming off a loss) is doing to them? And they have another almost-a-week break until their next game. Perhaps they do need to get rid of the coach, as everyone is saying (I dunno; I'm repeating what I've seen on Twitter)

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,431 1,354 37
Alleybux
Since LadyEsq decided not to recap y'all on the last Friday night game, I will: ACES WON!!! All nine players scored. Dearica and Liz had double doubles. Point GAWD was point gawding. Our rookie was good. There was some really nice blocks.

As for LA. I dunno. Their fans on Twitter don't seem impressed at all. I do wonder what the week long break between games (especially when they're coming off a loss) is doing to them? And they have another almost-a-week break until their next game. Perhaps they do need to get rid of the coach, as everyone is saying (I dunno; I'm repeating what I've seen on Twitter)
It definitely wasn't a slight because the Aces are my away team... I just don't have CBS Sportsnet so that was the only game I did not get to see last night... but I am very happy that the Aces won and thoroughly believe that Fish should have been gone... I know he was a splashy hire but I never believed in him from the moment he got there... I thought they would have had a better showing with the week break but, judging from the people who saw the game and the score, it is clear that not only is he having problems coaching but he probably shouldn't be the GM either... I am just waiting for which player's lady he will go after...