Quantcast

Woman found dead in trunk of car in Philadelphia had been attacked by naked man: Source

Jay Johnson

The Obnoxious Gentleman
Reaction score
Reactions
336,110 66,374 616
Alleybux
PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A police source tells Action News there is surveillance video showing what lead up to the death of 35-year-old Markeya Green, whose body was found in the trunk of a car in West Philadelphia last week.

According to that source, the video shows the woman being attacked by a naked man.

Now, Green's family is calling for justice.

"It's hard when it's someone you love," said Green's cousin, Malikia Craddle. She says she heard about the body being found on the news before police could identify who it was.

"I had seen the post about the young lady found in the trunk, but you never know that it's someone you love or someone you know," said Craddle

An employee at Superior Automotive on the 5000 block of Merion Avenue found the body last Tuesday when he went to check out a foul odor coming from a silver Dodge Charger.

A police source says the medical examiner can't determine a cause of death because the body was so badly decomposed.

Green's cousin says she last saw her a few weeks before.

"You never think that it's the last time that you're going to see them," Craddle said.

At a vigil Monday night, Green's family released pink and white balloons in her honor. They say she deserves justice that can only be found if her killer is caught.

"I don't really care for him. I don't care what happens to him. I don't care what his family goes through because they won't go through half of what my family goes through. I hope he rots somewhere," said Craddle.

Green's family also said she'll be remembered as a good mother who would do anything for anyone. They're asking anyone who knows anything about her death to come forward.

Woman found dead in trunk of car in Philadelphia had been attacked by naked man: Source

6339116_072820-wpvi-Markeya-Green-img.jpg

I really hope they find this naked man and get him off the streets before another woman falls victim. RIP Markeya.

chocolateTy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
291,296 7,673 6,914
Alleybux
You mean to tell me that no one saw or found it odd for a man to be nude on the streets, let alone to be attacking a woman while naked? I hope she RIP and I hope he's caught.

CarmenJonesGal

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
367,598 10,222 2,157
Alleybux
Ladies, strap up.
The victim was a black woman so they aren’t going to be concerned about catching that sick freak.
Strap up and if somebody tries it, please blow their fµck!ng head off

Orion Pax

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,471 1,683 619
Alleybux
Hopefully there is surveillance videos that shows the asshole. Like another font stated nobody saw anything? Especially a naked man roaming the streets?

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,722 9,040 6,391
Alleybux
I heard there might be a serial killer in philly, but since black women are being killed it is being ignored. Disgusted, but not suprised.

Jay Johnson

The Obnoxious Gentleman
Reaction score
Reactions
336,110 66,374 616
Alleybux
You mean to tell me that no one saw or found it odd for a man to be nude on the streets, let alone to be attacking a woman while naked? I hope she RIP and I hope he's caught.

Sadly, that particular area (5000 Merion) is one you really don't want to be in when something like this goes down. Outside of the automotive filled with a bunch of broken down cars, there's usually no one out there. If someone really wanted to do dirt and leave a body there, areas like that are ripe for the picking.

I wish we knew more about the attack in general.

chocolateTy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
291,296 7,673 6,914
Alleybux
I heard there might be a serial killer in philly, but since black women are being killed it is being ignored. Disgusted, but not suprised.

Tell us more about this please. I hadn't heard anything about it. What are the clues that are being left behind that points to a serial killer there?

420Zelle

Beautifully me. Accept it or move on.
Reaction score
Reactions
340,340 5,289 850
Alleybux
Have mercy. Sounds like she was dumped there purposely.

I sincerely hope that she gets justice. Rest In Peace

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,722 9,040 6,391
Alleybux

Jay Johnson

The Obnoxious Gentleman
Reaction score
Reactions
336,110 66,374 616
Alleybux
Tell us more about this please. I hadn't heard anything about it. What are the clues that are being left behind that points to a serial killer there?

Gonna be kinda long, but this stuff has been bothering me.

Earlier this month, there was a Black Woman who had been killed and dumped in a random South Philly neighborhood.

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police were investigating a suspicious death in the city's Grays Ferry section on Wednesday morning.

According to police, a woman's body was found in a large plastic container wrapped in plastic wrap in the 3000 block of Wharton Street at about 9:40 a.m.

Chopper 6 flew over the scene where a large police presence could be seen near the intersection of S. 31st and Wharton streets.

A source tells Action News it appears the body was dropped off there by two men. A critical question is: how did the woman die?

Police say a man found the bin and, wondering what was inside, peeled back the wrap.

The awful smell overcame him and a police investigation was launched.

Witnesses Sabrina and Stardetta Taylor watched the discovery, and had seen the bin for a few days,

"I seen the man over there. But I didn't see what he was doing. I heard something tearing, and then the cop drove up from the stop sign. I guess the man must've smelled the odor and stopped the cop," Sabrina Taylor said.

"I seen it yesterday. I kept looking at it. It looked real strange. I'm like, 'why's that container wrapped up like that?'" said Stardetta Taylor.

Police know little about the victim. The body appears to be that of a black woman. A source says the body was not badly decomposed.

The medical examiner is expected to do an autopsy on Thursday. Police will then likely know the cause of death, and whether this is a homicide investigation.

Detectives went door-to-door around 31st and Wharton looking for surveillance video. Multiple cameras are mounted in the area. Detectives hope they'll provide clues as a neighborhood is on edge.

"Usually it's a murder, you know? For a body to be laying here like this is real scary," Ladeania Bennett said.

Woman's body found in plastic container in Philadelphia's Grays Ferry section

In June, there was a woman (not sure of the race) that was found stuffed in a suitcase.

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested in connection with the death of a woman found stuffed in a suitcase last month.

The discovery was made just before 10 a.m. on June 11 near the corner of Kensington and Allegheny avenues.

Police said they found a woman's body stuffed inside a large black suitcase. Her identity and cause of death have not been revealed.

On Thursday night, police confirmed to Action News that Aaron Mosher of Brown Mills, New Jersey was arrested in connection with the woman's death.

Mosher was arrested on July 20 on charges of criminal conspiracy, tampering with evidence, abuse of corpse and obstruction of justice.

Man arrested after body found in suitcase in Philadelphia's Kensington section

Now the ghoul in question for the above has been captured, but this seems like an isolated one. I don't believe he's connected to the plastic container one or the woman found in a trunk.

There were three bodies found in two days back in 2018:

Three bodies were found over the course of two days in the Philadelphia area. One was found in a suitcase while another was found wrapped in a tarp. The third was found along the side of the highway.

While the three bodies were all found around the city, there was "no information indicating that the incidents are related," the Philadelphia Police Department told Newsweek Thursday.

The first body was found Tuesday afternoon in a suitcase in Southwest Philadelphia on Ruby Terrace. That body was partially skeletonized and was discovered by a passerby, the police confirmed to Newsweek. While officials at the scene believe the remains were those of a female, they were unsure of any other defining characteristics like age or race, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

The other two bodies were both found Wednesday. One was found wrapped in plastic on the 1900 block of Mount Vernon Street. Contractors discovered it in a front room of a building just after 9:30 a.m. EDT, according to police. The body was identified as a black male, possibly 47 years old, who was pronounced dead at the scene, police told Newsweek.

The body was wrapped in a blue tarp. The exact age of the man was still unclear and police were waiting to hear back from the Medical Examiner's Office, The Inquirer reported. While police were unsure of the cause of death, Captain John Ryan said the body looked as though it had started to decompose and that it did not appear that the man had caused his own death, according to The Inquirer.

The last of the three bodies was found shortly after the male was discovered wrapped in plastic. That third body was discovered near the I-95 off-ramp and Allegheny Avenue. That body was found around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Police were responding to a call about a suspicious person in the area when they came across the body, WCAU reported. The investigation closed the ramp for a few hours but police were still unsure of the cause of death and the identity of the victim Wednesday.

The cases were not ruled homicides, pending reports from the medical examiner's office.

https://www.newsweek.com/philadelphia-body-found-highway-suitcase-three-bodies-1033281

No particular pattern in the above three. One man was Black, the other YT, and the woman (they say unknown, but her body was found in Bartram village, which tells me one thing) was most likely Black.

The main issue with the above is they've never even came out and updated us on the matter. The city was worried about a serial killer looming and police officials never mentioned it again. They've never even came out and said anything other than the above three deaths were suspicious. Come on.

There was another woman killed and dumped some months back. I did a topic on that. Thankfully the ghoul was captured.

So to sum it all up:

Black Woman found in plastic container in South Philly: Active
Unknown Woman found in suitcase in Allegheny: Suspect caught
Black Woman found in trunk in West Philly: Active

Would not be surprised if there are some that aren't being reported.

I dunno if there's a serial killer out there, but there are too many women being killed and dumped throughout this city.

just4online

❣️
Reaction score
Reactions
48,881 1,484 586
Alleybux
Ladies, strap up.
The victim was a black woman so they aren’t going to be concerned about catching that sick freak.
Strap up and if somebody tries it, please blow their fµck!ng head off

For real. I remember a couple of years ago black women were being killed in DC and they weren't doing sh!t about it. The media weren't even covering it like they should have been. We gotta strap up and stay ready.

ETA: Typo

Last edited:

Jared Boo

Your fav racist 47 year old upperclass white woman
Reaction score
Reactions
84,120 8,670 7,146
Alleybux
OMG!!! I am from Philly and I was taking a walk at approx. 9:30 pm alone last week. On my walk back I saw a man walk into a driveway that I was walking past and strip...I thought 'he must be peeing nothing to worry about'. Well 4 blocks later I look over and I see the same man had caught up to me! (luckily on the opposite side of the street far-ish away). He had stripped naked and started rubbing his big dong onto someones parked white jeep. I speed walked the rest of the way home.

Philly is turning into f*cking Florida.

Last edited:

CarmenJonesGal

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
367,598 10,222 2,157
Alleybux
OMG!!! I am from Philly and I was taking a walk at approx. 9:30 pm alone last week. On my walk back I saw a man walk into a driveway that I was walking past and strip...I thought 'he must be peeing nothing to worry about'. Well 4 blocks later I look over and I see the same man had caught up to me! (luckily on the opposite side of the street far-ish away). He had stripped naked and started rubbing his big dong onto someones parked white jeep. I speed walked the rest of the way home.

did u get a description of him? I would report it.

Bellz

$tanning myself
Reaction score
Reactions
68,012 3,185 2,481
Alleybux

Please be careful walking around at night, especially alone. In this day and age, its very dangerous. Its really best to not do that at all, if you can help it.

chocolateTy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
291,296 7,673 6,914
Alleybux
Thanks for the update @Jay Johnson That's scary. I used to live in Philly a long time ago, and I used to walk all over, sometimes alone, registering people to vote. I thank God no one ever bothered me. I wish all these women safety, and I hope the perps who killed these women and men are soon caught.

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,752 3,098 2,605
Alleybux
It should like second nature to make sure you have the tool-ee on you when you leave the crib. I hope more black women start taking self defense classes, get carry permits and tasers so they can protect themselves when they come across something that they can't quite handle.

If someone chooses you, make sure you get the point across that its going to be him and not you if he doesn't mind his business.

Stay safe ladies.May she Rest In Peace. smh.:heart:

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,752 3,098 2,605
Alleybux

sasha032

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,431 3,323 441
Alleybux

Omg. I believe you. I used to live in Philly. The victim looks familiar. I pray that her family gets justice. I'm also sorry that this happened to you.

NoxAura

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
107,843 3,296 703
Alleybux
Walking around naked? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the killer was on drugs, particularly PCP or some type of synthetic bathsalt.

sasha032

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,431 3,323 441
Alleybux
Walking around naked? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the killer was on drugs, particularly PCP or some type of synthetic bathsalt.

That's what I was thinking. He smoked some wet. I've seen it happen in Philly.

Jay Johnson

The Obnoxious Gentleman
Reaction score
Reactions
336,110 66,374 616
Alleybux
@chocolateTy Honestly, I've lived here most of my life, and even something as normal as registering people to vote seems totally unsafe now. You just have way too many people that are up to no good out here.

Philly has always had its issues, but the past few yrs have actually felt worse. You can feel the negative energy. A lot really has to change if things are gonna get better.

Glad you made it home safely @Anonymous20 I wouldn't be surprised if dude was hopped up on wet or PCP. Those are the ones you really have to watch out for. Back when I was a kid, a family friend had gotten hooked on the wet, which eventually led to him holding his twin girls hostage...and later accidentally shooting himself in the leg. It turns people into literal zombies.

Please be careful out there.

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,697 8,383 1,952
Alleybux
I don't even know what to say, like someone else said I hope more details come out. I know people were saying there was a possible serial killer in Chicago now it's one in Philly.

Jay Johnson

The Obnoxious Gentleman
Reaction score
Reactions
336,110 66,374 616
Alleybux
EeCR1NOXYAAlAAt.jpg

Philadelphia Police still looking for answers in the 2020 murder of Markeya Green

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — CBS3 Mysteries delves into the case of Markeya Green, a Philadelphia woman whose body was found in a trunk of a car more than a year ago. We are getting new details about her killer who is still on the loose.

“This particular murder absolutely shocks the conscience,” Philadelphia Police Capt. Jason Smith said.

On July 21, 2020, a body was found in the trunk of a car on the property of a West Philadelphia towing company.

“It was discovered by a local business owner in the trunk of a Dodge, she had been found deceased in the trunk of the car,” Homicide Detective William Kelhower said.

Kelhower says the remains were in an advanced state of decomposition, complicating their case.

“She had been in the trunk for some time and the weather back then was in the mid-90s for several days, so there was a lot of damage to her body,” Kelhower said.

She was Markeya Green, a 35-year-old woman from West Philadelphia who fought complications of lupus.

Police uncovered grainy surveillance video from three days earlier showing the killer. Images give police only a part of the license plate.

“On July 18 of 2020, around 4 a.m., video captures a Ford Fusion, the titanium package, their top model for that type of vehicle, that travels and 5000 block of Merion Street, does a u-turn,” Kelhower said.

Police say Green then interacted with the man who stands 6-foot-5, weighing about 400 pounds.

“You can see him removing his clothes, her clothes,” Kelhower said. “He’s moving her around, throws her on the ground, has her on the trunk of a car, and has her on a tow truck over a 45-minute period.”

“The offender in this incident physically and xesually assaults Ms. Green during a timespan for approximately 40 to 45 minutes,” Smith said.

Smith says they’re confident someone knows this man given his stature.

“The perpetrator of this heinous crime is a very dangerous individual who prayed on an incapacitated and vulnerable woman,” Smith said. “I’ve been a police officer for 27 years, we have investigated over 1,000 homicides since I’ve been here, and this job, I don’t know why it haunts me to this day.”

Detectives say Green suffered a violent, vicious death.

“It’s 95 degrees out during the day, and she’s in there for about three days,” Kelhower said. “We still don’t know if she was alive or dead when she was placed in the trunk.”

If you have information regarding Green’s homicide, call the Philadelphia police at 215-686-tips.

Butt naked, exceptionally tall, and there's surveillance. Somehow he still hasn't been captured more than a whole yr later.