Quantcast

Woman left disfigured by veganism - 11 years

TurnItOff

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,313 176 48
Alleybux
She was probably one of those low fat, low protein weirdos that don't believe in B12 supplements or vitamin deficiency when you're eating 12 lbs of bananas. They always look like trash after 5 years highkey.

Opaldiamondring

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,153 1,184 838
Alleybux
No human scoiety in history has been sustained on a vegan diet PERIOD. Vegetarianism, sometimes. Pescatarian, yes. Plant based, yes. But veganism is a new fad by privileged people in the West. It is extreme and NOT sustainable for the long term (years, decades). Humans evolved on animal based protein, we would not have the intelligence we do now without it. There's nothing wrong with some eggs and wild caught fish in moderation. The most nutrient dense foods for humans come from ANIMALS.

I really used to think veganism was the pinnacle of healthy eating as a teen and tried it for a year, so glad I know better now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
86,030 1,028 158
Alleybux
There has never been a vegan society in human history. Vegetarian yes, vegan no. As other fonts have stated, the risk of malnutrition is higher for vegans so you gotta be extra careful!
Agreed. It's pretty much a given most vegans will be malnourished without supplements. Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble, and while plant based fat (and protein) can be obtained without eating meat/dairy, it's sometimes overlooked in extreme vegan diets. Those micronutrients, even the water soluble ones, support biological processes and organ functions.

The brand of veganism that has a diet filled with plant based (and chemically enhanced, let's keep it CUTE) "dupes" truly boggles my mind. Trading in one potential unhealthy thing for another one IMHO. And if you have to have something manipulated to taste like milk, cheese or meat to eat, why not just eat those things, but find better sourced farm-to-table foodstuffs that are less Frankenfood-like and don't contain human growth hormone and sh!t like that.

Bumblet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,580 1,880 204
Alleybux
LOL this is just showing how rapidly yts age :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile the melanated vegans are slaying in their 40s and 50s! You hate to see it!

img.jpg

Rachel-True-21.jpg

caf2fbc8da7338e3e965edb4d349f4f4.jpg

will-I-Am.png

5f77774b282c500018c785b0

formula-1-petronas-championshi-2.jpg

Show me a black vegan experiencing this and I might believe. To me it looks like white people ageing badly per usual.

Shine by Plants is an example :

Delebe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,915 2,313 284
Alleybux
Been around plenty of vegans who look great and I’ve been vegan myself and looked amazing. There are people out there who were born into veganism and live perfectly healthy lives and get the nutrients they need. She probably just took it to some extremes.

JankyPanky

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
163 5 1
Alleybux
Vegan for a year and a half. Got healthier and more energy, better at exercise. Weight is fine, skin is better, mental health improved. I could never eat meat again, dairy I don't have any interest in it. I take vegan society supplements and have a diverse diet rather than just eating oreos and toast.

There are south asian vegetarians who don't eat egg or dairy just because it's not in their palette and they're fine.

Meat, vegan, vegetarian - I don't think they're good distinctions. It's better to think about variety and nutrients because if you eat steak every day you're dying at 50, same if you eat cheese every day and same if you eat only bread.

Bumblet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,580 1,880 204
Alleybux
Vegan for a year and a half. Got healthier and more energy, better at exercise. Weight is fine, skin is better, mental health improved. I could never eat meat again, dairy I don't have any interest in it. I take vegan society supplements and have a diverse diet rather than just eating oreos and toast.

There are south asian vegetarians who don't eat egg or dairy just because it's not in their palette and they're fine.

Meat, vegan, vegetarian - I don't think they're good distinctions. It's better to think about variety and nutrients because if you eat steak every day you're dying at 50, same if you eat cheese every day and same if you eat only bread.
You’re speaking too soon for someone who has only been vegan for 18 months

JankyPanky

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
163 5 1
Alleybux
You’re speaking too soon for someone who has only been vegan for 18 months
I'll let you know in a few years time

The NHS website makes it clear that a well managed vegan diet is perfectly healthy
The vegan diet

With all diets you need to get a good macro balance and your vitamins and minerals and you're fine

Last edited:

JankyPanky

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
163 5 1
Alleybux
It’s all over the internet including the post your in now. I can also offer myself as an example.
What you have there is anecdotal evidence where there could be other causes. Any health problem that a vegan has will be associated with veganism. The NHS provides only evidence-based and well researched information.

Bumblet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,580 1,880 204
Alleybux
What you have there is anecdotal evidence where there could be other causes. Any health problem that a vegan has will be associated with veganism. The NHS provides only evidence-based and well researched information.
What proof do they have that a long term vegan diet is sustainable and healthy?

JankyPanky

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
163 5 1
Alleybux
What proof do they have that a long term vegan diet is sustainable and healthy?
You're arguing like a person who has an idea in their head and would never let it go even in the face of evidence to the contrary. They're THE health provider for the majority of UK citizens, have a responsibility for our health and have a responsibility to provide well-evidenced guidance. It doesn't just come out of the blue, it's compiled by multi-disciplinary experts such as doctors, midwives and nutritionists. It's not just a wikihow article. The fact that they're reputable means the evidence is more trustworthy.

A couple of anecdotes where the cause isn't singled out isn't evidence enough, and even when people in this thread are providing their own anecdotes you're just coming back with reasons that they don't count. I'll never convince you which is fine so agree to disagree I suppose

Bumblet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,580 1,880 204
Alleybux
You're arguing like a person who has an idea in their head and would never let it go even in the face of evidence to the contrary. They're THE health provider for the majority of UK citizens, have a responsibility for our health and have a responsibility to provide well-evidenced guidance. It doesn't just come out of the blue, it's compiled by multi-disciplinary experts such as doctors, midwives and nutritionists. It's not just a wikihow article. The fact that they're reputable means the evidence is more trustworthy.

A couple of anecdotes where the cause isn't singled out isn't evidence enough, and even when people in this thread are providing their own anecdotes you're just coming back with reasons that they don't count. I'll never convince you which is fine so agree to disagree I suppose

There is no one piece of research that provides absolute facts. Every piece of research can be torn apart critically. The reason why I’m arguing like a person who has an idea in my head is because I did the research my self which is what caused me to become vegan for a while. I ended up with health issues. I know what I dealt with so I’m not going to reconsider veganism just because there is a sentence on a website somewhere. No will I ever suggest that veganism is anywhere near healthy when I know otherwise.

Rumplestiltskin

Knee-Jerk Contrarian
Reaction score
Reactions
116,754 17,256 1,867
Alleybux
Sorry, but I think veganism is an eating disorder for people with severe anxiety and control issues, just like anorexia. We would not still have molars if we were not supposed to eat animal products. All of the vegans I've known closely have been fat because their diets have consisted mostly of things like chips and pasta and endocrine cancer causing soy.

Teddy28

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,632 1,072 350
Alleybux
This is a another bad and sad example:
Lovie Simone actress Greenleaf, sela and the spades, the craft legacy.
lovie-simone-5.jpg

newark-new-jersey-usa-le-05-aout-2017-lovie-simone-assiste-a-bet-black-girls-rock-2017-a-new-j...jpg

newark-nj-usa-5-aout-2017-lovie-simone-aux-arrivees-pour-bet-black-girls-rock-2017-njpac-newar...jpg

Power+Book+III+Raising+Kanan+Global+Premiere+9s7QiTnKOC_l.jpg

download.jpeg

images.jpeg

Lovie_Headshots_0085-copyA.jpg

images (1).jpeg

ccelebritiesPower-Book-III-star-Lovie-Simone-1200x800-1.jpg

740full-lovie-simone.jpg

She's still a looker....but her weight and face were just perfect before, I know she wanted to get healthier but she looks gaunt at times and her skin even looks a little bumpy and dry since she became a vegan. I did before and after back and forth to show it, she just looked better before. She has a bobblehead effect and the lines and bones you see where her chest area is doesn't look healthy.

Penny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
93,123 2,120 1,683
Alleybux
Meanwhile the melanated vegans are slaying in their 40s and 50s! You hate to see it!

img.jpg

Rachel-True-21.jpg

caf2fbc8da7338e3e965edb4d349f4f4.jpg

will-I-Am.png

5f77774b282c500018c785b0

formula-1-petronas-championshi-2.jpg

I don't think celebs count, they have the money and resources to ensure proper vegan nutritionist are developing/making their foods or meal plans. I think most people just wing it and it causes them tons of problems, especially if they don't take supplements.

EilyKel

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,261 288 134
Alleybux
What a load of crap. Her face changed shape because she got older and lost some collagen It's called ageing.

buffyuna

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,771 5,111 1,196
Alleybux
I don't think celebs count, they have the money and resources to ensure proper vegan nutritionist are developing/making their foods or meal plans. I think most people just wing it and it causes them tons of problems, especially if they don't take supplements.
Same applies to the average meat eater who is so malnourished that they need 8 cups of coffee and a redbull just to get through the day.

sinead94

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,314 1,838 3,431
Alleybux
Veganism isnt healthy and a diet for humans, this has been proved time and time over again
IKR. Any diet that requires you to supplement like crazy isn't good for human. Our ancestors wouldn't have been able to survive by not eating any animal product.

Chibiusa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,566 3,243 210
Alleybux
To be honest, a lot of these Vegans that look healthy and full? They still dip and dab. Let's not forget the famous ones who got exposed. This one was selling books and meal plans. She started EATING FISH AFTER HAVING ISSUES WITH HER PERIODS AND HID IT! She is no longer Vegan.

A lot of these "thriving" vegans eat meat on the low, fish even (and you'd never know) because their bodies are not tolerating being strictly vegan. But they will HIDE IT from their followers for that cash and book deals and meal plans. So the followers think this diet is sustainable when it isn't and then the other famous vegan cultists drag them and make it seem like they failed for not sticking with it. She lost so many Vegan friends over her choice.

She is now pregnant and thriving. If you're doing such an extreme lifestyle? You better make sure you get synthetic vitamins and pop your pills. Vegetarian? I'm totally all for. But vegan is...nah.

noname146976

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,552 74 24
Alleybux
Veganism can be dangerous. Esp. if you start in yours 20s when your body can bounce back more easily but never correct the nutrition. I'm guessing by 40s its wrecked havoc. It's also about finding the right community, there are some toxic af vegans out there.

Jesuisvert91

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,654 3,874 1,928
Alleybux
I hate the Vegans who believe veganism is a “fountain of youth” or a panacea. They don’t visit the Doctor or workout. The crazy part is they be looking dry and decrepid because of their diets and can’t put 2 and 2 together. Ital is vital head asses.

SincerelySin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,498 174 117
Alleybux
I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you go vegan you need to get your blood taken every 3 months to check for vitamin deficiencies, then supplement and you also need to speak to a vegan nutritionist so you truly understand how you should be eating. If you don't do any of those things you're going to have health issues eventually.
Thanks for this. I had no idea.

FlySoFly

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
58,694 813 166
Alleybux
I always wondered why they all have that “sunken” look
Lisa Bonet was vegan for years, and has that look. Russell Simmons has that look too, and has been been vegan for many yrs. It's a certain look. I know what you mean.

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,939 1,770 409
Alleybux
I think everyone's body responds to veganism differently, just like all foods. For example, some people are allergic to potatoes, others are allergic to corn, others are allergic to brussels sprouts. But this is scary.