Quantcast

Woman On Twitter Calls Beautiful People “Morally Bankrupt”

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
115,980 5,185 2,852
Alleybux
So.....the background of this twitter thesis is she went to a party with a friend who was deemed prettier and so was treated better and her friend didn't do anything when this young lady was treated "violently"....so to her because her "prettier" friend didn't stick up for her (because she was treated better), all pretty people are "morally bankrupt"...

Just pick a better friend. Geez

Some of these women need to stop putting everything under the lense of victimhood. It undermines the real issues

People on Twitter need to stop calling everything violence.

Judging you

Yoruba.The real MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
39,479 2,899 2,362
Alleybux
A lot of these African women are battling immigrant induced imposter syndrome.

Many of them use activism as a way to relate and find their voice in American society.

Many of them are also inspired and fascinated by Black Americans history of activism in America.

Black Americans are really the only Black ethnic group who have achieved hyper-visibility , respect( we have our issues but people are actually very fascinated by our history of activism), and are consistent with calling out anti-Black racism.

These Africans and (Caribbean’s too )come to America and feel empowered by the legacy of Black Americans activism in America ( and globally to an extent).

Notice that this only happens when these people move to America. Most of my African friends never spoke about anti-Blackness or even called out the ongoing issues within their home countries when they first moved to America. They only began doing it after spending time among ethnic Black Americans ( usually while in college).

The reason why these Africans points are always weird is because they are trying to use the perspective of ethnic Black Americans , when they are not ethnically Black American. So there points never make sense and come off as try hard.

Notice that these African ( and also Caribbean) never women approach activism from a African or Caribbean perspective. They only use American talking points and reiterate the rhetoric of Black American scholars of the past.

She would be better off speaking on her experience as an African women ( not a generalized Black women which most people will assume as ethnically Black American since she’s residing in America). Why isn’t she talking about the beauty standards of her actual ethnic group???

This is why it’s important for Black Americans to acknowledge our unique ethnicity. Too many people non Black Americans are getting caught up in rhetoric and talking about these from an Black American perspective when they aren’t Black American. It’s also prevents those non Black American from acknowledging their unique ethnic experience and developing their own approach to activism.
This is brilliant.

Judging you

Yoruba.The real MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
39,479 2,899 2,362
Alleybux
I get your point but homegirl lives in America and was probably raised there so she's obviously going to assimilate with the experience of black american women. Sometimes I really wonder how some of you think. She is living only one reality or maybe two: the reality of a black woman in american and/or the reality of an African immigrant living in America. Is the experience of African women and black women in America different in society? I don't think so. They are different, sure, in terms of culture but you can't possibly expect someone to be born or have lived for a long time in America and not identify w the issues, discourse that involve black women. Its only natural to want to belong to a group
This is also factual.

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,021 5,914 5,609
Alleybux
WHO WAS DEFENDING PRIVILEGED GROUPS????

She made a dumb tweet. She got dragged for it…that’s what tends to happen on twitter. No one is saying it takes away their privilege. By your logic I don’t want to see you comment on any social issue ever, seeing as it won’t change circumstances.
She’s a nobody. She holds no power. It’s similar to a random saying “All heterosexual people are evil.”

Mari Jiwe

returnofthelion
Reaction score
Reactions
70,987 2,857 1,965
Alleybux
The fact that she's referring to attractive DSBW as "women who benefit from featurism" tells me everything I need to know lmao Jesus be some self-love.
She attacked a pretty DSBW woman with dreadlocks for hours claiming she benefits from featurism. Homegirl had a wide nose and full lips. It was so bizarre.

GetOutMyWay

Here for the banter.
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
7,996 375 437
Alleybux
She’s a nobody. She holds no power. It’s similar to a random saying “All heterosexual people are evil.”
Who said she holds power wtf are you talking about? People cook ‘nobodies’ for their stupid tweets all the time she is no different.

Naijababe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,237 919 838
Alleybux
Chrissie is half Jamaican.

Most of the Black American fonts called Chrissie out on that statement. Most Black Americans don’t think she or her mom are ambiguous looking.

Black Americans have a variety features but most Black Americans can still distinguish ourselves from continental Africans and some Caribbean’s.

From the Sanaa Lathans , to the Tika Sumpters, to the Kelly Rowland’s, and Lori Harvey’s.

I think this would be a cool thread topic. You might want to put a disclaimer because there will be people trying to derail the thread by saying we look random “insert Black ethnic group” that no Black American would actually agree with.
Lol I was in that Lori thread and it wasn’t just foreigners calling Lori ambiguous in that 50 pages. I would say about a third of the Black American fonts (actual ADOS) were calling her that, and there was even in fighting amongst black Americans in that thread. Even if there was no immigrants or foreigners in that thread, there would still be discussion among black Americans about Lori’s hair texture and if she benefits from “looking the right type of black.” I don’t think Lori looks ambiguous or anything special, but I won’t pretend that the discourse around her wouldn’t happen among black Americans.
Also Christie is half black American as well and grew up learning both culturess.

Rexo

“ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄᴏɴᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ”──✮⋆˙♛
Reaction score
Reactions
231,428 3,935 964
Alleybux
When I see posts of black women or just women in general that seem to post things of self-hate and misery, I can never pity them. At all.

They can post sh!t like this and immediately you can feel your energy drained by it.

The term misery loves company is 100% true. She’s so miserable with herself and so she wants others to feel the same way she does.

Also her bio just told me all I needed to know. She wants to call herself ugly, okay! She’s an ugly person, inside and out.

They need to put their bµllsh!t think pieces in a journal or a damn diary.

Sallie Blair

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
449,337 14,182 6,597
Alleybux
It’s very true. It’s something that some fonts non-Black American and Black American have not really considered yet.

Im trying to tell Black Americans specifically too be more cautious about these political, colorism, and phenotype related conversations.

Black Americans previously dominated these conversations online but more non-Black American people are entering these conversations and providing a skewed perspective. Not wrong but skewed due to ethnicity and background.

People entertaining these conversations need to be mindful of who their listening too (where are they from , ethnicity, what is the extent of colorism in their nations, what is the media like).

For example Black Americans don’t have a history of skin bleaching and are very anti-skin bleaching. So be mindful of that when listening in on conversations regarding skin bleaching.

Featurism among East African, West Africans, and Black Americans will likely be different because we all have different feature that are more common to be who are a sort of our ethnic group.

Its important to realize that if one is Sudanese and looking to American media for representation, chances are they aren’t going to get it. The vast majority of sudanese people reside in Sudan not America. Same way most Black Americans to don’t physically identify with Daniel Kaluuya, Iman, or Danai Guira, or Lupita but will claim Lori Harvey, Kelly Rowland, and Michael B Jordan.

You've hit the nail on the head. While I don't discount colorism, beauty, hair, etc and know being ls effects my life in a variety of ways--I have been so confused about how this topic is discussed online. Now that you're parsing through the nitty-gritty details, I realize how similar the tone is to when some of my 1st/2nd gen African colleagues talk about Black issues online. It's come from a assimilationist perspective vs lived experience. That imposter syndrome you spoke about is key, I think: they are using social justice to deal with the complications and complexity of being Africans in the US and encountering an indigenous Black community with deep roots in the US.

Isis Diamond

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,563 2,782 2,581
Alleybux
This take all started because of this tweet.

She claims preferring the attractive man is featurism even though they both have afrocentric features.

EinsteinsApprentice

I will not be taught vows and loyalty from a hoe!
Reaction score
Reactions
6,182 374 5
Alleybux
I'm fixated on her username(obaa_ boni). It means, 'a wicked/bad woman).Why would she name herself that? It fits with her behavior.
Why is someone 'skepticaling' me. It's a Ghanaian language, Twi. Obaa is a woman and boni is bad or wicked.

Triela

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,611 176 22
Alleybux
I'm fixated on her username(obaa_ boni). It means, 'a wicked/bad woman). Why would she name herself that? It fits with her behavior.

Maybe it's a Ghanaian way of saying 'evil feminist witch', but the irony became lost in translation because it's a western term. Those who say that are usually white pagans, lesbians, or alternative as a form of reclaimation. Nothing about her is unconventional in any way to call her a wicked woman. This is coming from a place of insecurity.

DELARENTA

Scorpio
Reaction score
Reactions
7,151 368 210
Alleybux
she needs mental help. three paragraphs when all she needed was a sentence saying she was jealous of better looking girls. someone should tell her that losing weight and getting in shape can improve your facial features. there's also always plastic surgery if you hate yourself THAT much.

also that sentence about whiteness has me confused. are there even any yts living in Ghana?! I feel like social media is exacerbating these women and men's mental problems.
Yea they are white people who live in Ghana. And the girl live in the US

girl6_nyc

Looking for the hoochie daddies (where they at?)
Reaction score
Reactions
204,844 7,238 2,390
Alleybux

Many of them use activism as a way to relate and find their voice in American society.

Many of them are also inspired and fascinated by Black Americans history of activism in America.

Black Americans are really the only Black ethnic group who have achieved hyper-visibility , respect( we have our issues but people are actually very fascinated by our history of activism), and are consistent with calling out anti-Black racism.

These Africans and (Caribbean’s too )come to America and feel empowered by the legacy of Black Americans activism in America ( and globally to an extent).

Notice that this only happens when these people move to America. Most of my African friends never spoke about anti-Blackness or even called out the ongoing issues within their home countries when they first moved to America. They only began doing it after spending time among ethnic Black Americans ( usually while in college).

The reason why these Africans points are always weird is because they are trying to use the perspective of ethnic Black Americans , when they are not ethnically Black American. So there points never make sense and come off as try hard.

Notice that these African ( and also Caribbean) never women approach activism from a African or Caribbean perspective. They only use American talking points and reiterate the rhetoric of Black American scholars of the past.

She would be better off speaking on her experience as an African women ( not a generalized Black women which most people will assume as ethnically Black American since she’s residing in America). Why isn’t she talking about the beauty standards of her actual ethnic group???

This is why it’s important for Black Americans to acknowledge our unique ethnicity. Too many people non Black Americans are getting caught up in rhetoric and talking about these from an Black American perspective when they aren’t Black American. It’s also prevents those non Black American from acknowledging their unique ethnic experience and developing their own approach to activism.

d768db4f5b77db746a1b9d8624effe31.gif

Thank you for this!!!

DELARENTA

Scorpio
Reaction score
Reactions
7,151 368 210
Alleybux
Lol I was in that Lori thread and it wasn’t just foreigners calling Lori ambiguous in that 50 pages. I would say about a third of the Black American fonts (actual ADOS) were calling her that, and there was even in fighting amongst black Americans in that thread. Even if there was no immigrants or foreigners in that thread, there would still be discussion among black Americans about Lori’s hair texture and if she benefits from “looking the right type of black.” I don’t think Lori looks ambiguous or anything special, but I won’t pretend that the discourse around her wouldn’t happen among black Americans.
Also Christie is half black American as well and grew up learning both culturess.
Those people make me laugh! They really going to pretend like black Americans are not out there making whole debate about skin tones on Twitter, like there are not many black Americans girls who were posted in here because they troughs they were ugly and were insecure about their skin tone. In fact it was a black American girl who make a whole TikTok complaining on why black guys were just attracted to pretty black girls lol They need to stop putting the blame on Africans and acting like colorism and self hate is not a big issue in their community. Also the font you reapply to has history to be anti-African I believe

MsFraser

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,012 10,016 2,198
Alleybux
I honestly feel bad for ppl who say stuff like this in Twitter. She is not ugly. She looks average and she’d look even better if she lost weight in my opinion
She said she doesnt believe in free will meaning taking charge of ones life to self improvement. Incels are known to be deterministic and determinism is deeply rooted in scientific racism and anthropology. Sad to see a woman doing this, I would never think I'd see one.

Goodknees

yep still here
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,974 2,762 381
Alleybux

I went to school with many first and second gen. and even go to church with some. There is nothing "imposter' about them .They are good. They mind their business and stay in their lane.
Maybe you don't like the ones online quoting Angela Davis instead of Yaa Asantewaa, because you think they are not being genuine and "stealing" from your culture, but if they grew up learning about Angela Davis than that is what they reference.
I think the real issue is that ADOS wants to be separate and doesn't want other black people speaking or even referencing anything from their culture. Not quite sure how "African" her perspective will be if she is second gen.

Last edited:

Unamblkpos

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,826 1,790 1,709
Alleybux
I went to school with many first and second gen. and even go to church with some. There is nothing "imposter' about them .They are good. They mind their business and stay in their lane.
Maybe you don't like the ones online quoting Angela Davis instead of Yaa Asantewaa, because you think they are not being genuine and "stealing" from your culture, but if they grew up learning about Angela Davis than that is what they reference.
I think the real issue is that ADOS wants to be separate and doesn't want other black people speaking or even referencing anything from their culture. Not quite sure how "African" her perspective will be if she is second gen.
I don’t think you understand what “imposter syndrome” is.

Im recommend researching it and really grasping its meaning.

That is your experience with 1st Gen and 2nd Gen. Your experience is relevant. However, it’s irrelevant to my post.

ADOS wanting to be acknowledged as a separate group doesn’t have anything to do with my comment. Although it is important for ADOS people to be acknowledged as its own ethnic group. The same way other races and even other Black people are able to acknowledge their own ethnic culture without receiving flack for it.

And I don’t think people who are not ADOS should be speaking on ADOS culture.

If your lineage is from Africa and not North American, Central America, South America , or the Caribbean, then yes you are still African.Tje individual definitely isn’t ADOS or any other diasporan ethnic groups such as Afro-Brazilians,Afro Panamanian, or Black Trinidadian....

Unamblkpos

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,826 1,790 1,709
Alleybux
You've hit the nail on the head. While I don't discount colorism, beauty, hair, etc and know being ls effects my life in a variety of ways--I have been so confused about how this topic is discussed online. Now that you're parsing through the nitty-gritty details, I realize how similar the tone is to when some of my 1st/2nd gen African colleagues talk about Black issues online. It's come from a assimilationist perspective vs lived experience. That imposter syndrome you spoke about is key, I think: they are using social justice to deal with the complications and complexity of being Africans in the US and encountering an indigenous Black community with deep roots in the US.
Well as far as the bolded it’s because the Black American experience is not their lived experience.

Don’t let these fonts in this thread who make statements like “well these 1st & 2nd Gen Africans grew up in America... so they probably have more in common with you...” rhetoric fool you. They grew up in African households despite being in America.

I have 1st Gen African friends and we are very different as far as mindset and experiences in America.

Immigrants see America as the land of milk,honey, an opportunity. This includes African immigrants.They don’t see America really as their home and know that if things get really bad they can always return to their home countries. Black Americans see it as our home and but are very much so aware of our complex history in America.

Africans are indeed assimilationist. Prior to this wave of Black American civil rights conversations, most were actually quiet about these conversations in public settings and viewed Black Americans who engaged in these conversations and activist as “troublemakers”. I literally had a Kenyan lady ask me why Black Americans are racist when I was in college....The goal of most immigrants has always been to keep their heads down and make money. Most immigrants won’t admit this but some do also have a lowkey fear of deportation so they have a “I don’t want any trouble” mindset and behave as such.

What many Black Americans don’t understand is the African immigrants in America are the elitist middle class and upper middle class people in their home countries. Lol how do you think they are able to afford to relocate to America...send their children to international universities...and why some are so condescending towards Black Americans and other diasporans. They are simply giving us the same energy that they have towards to poor and lower socioeconomic people in their home countries.

These Africans are the socioeconomic class that actually have the power, education, and resources, to create drastic change in their home countries. However, they blame colonialism while sending their children to the same nations that colonized them....

They don’t have the desire to do the work , so they take their resources and instead immigrate to Europe, America, and Canada. They didn’t want to do the revolutionary work in their home countries so why would they want to do the work in America, Europe, and Canada??? It’s much easier to assimilate into American culture ( especially after Black Americans have already done the heavy lifting) then it is to create change in their home country so that not only them but all of the people in their home country can benefit.

I have love for all Black people including continental African. However, I am not naive and more Black Americans need to study world history. I wish more Black Americans had the opportunity to travel to gain more insight on what’s really going on outside of America. It would really help us understand why we are perceived they way we are by people abroad and people who emigrate to America.

RoRoPeony

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
76,475 2,320 397
Alleybux
stuff like this confuses me..like why do ppl pretend like ugly ppl arent just as rude or evil as pretty ppl? also why do ppl pretend like featurism is this big thing thats absolute, when 9 times outta 10 beauty standards are built around scarcity and changing trends? they'll show pictures of dsbw who are african natives and then go on and on about how these women are only deemed beautiful bc they benefit from white features. as if these features didn't originate in Africa and aren't still features that Africans have TO THIS DAY! idk where the "wide noses and big lips are the only features REAL blacks have" thing came from, but its ridiculous and offensive to demean someones blackness for features that most likely come from their African ancestry. then to be like "you're only seen as beautiful bc, to me, you kinda look like a white woman even tho ur darkskin! so u r morally bankrupt!" like huh???
twitter gives ppl too much space to think everything they say and feel is the direct result of some sort of oppression and that its 100% unquestionably correct, and if you disagree its bc you're not woke

Last edited:

MzDynamite04

No more mascots.
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
28,902 1,593 348
Alleybux
This. Her thread reminds me of another thread by a Ghanaian-American (raised in NOLA) who made this long, weird and winding thread that later got turned into an article about how the Formation video triggered her so badly.

I guess living amongst the creoles had taken its toll, I don’t know.

But Obaa’s thread is bringing back memories of that.

And, for the record @Unamblkpos, your posts about this have been on point.
So the person I was referring to who got triggered by the Formation video when it came out just wrote a book....about the one-drop rule. :censored:
C93D799C-0C48-49CD-8E0D-FF49FDD8064A.jpeg

All I’m saying is...don’t turn into a basket case forcing yourself into cultural dynamics that aren’t yours.