Quantcast

Woman Says People Saying I Like Your Wig Instead Of You Hair Is A Microagression!..

HarlotJohansson

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,880 1,571 157
Alleybux
It is.... like just say you like their hair. Unless you want hair details because you want to buy it, you shouldn't point it out.

HarlotJohansson

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,880 1,571 157
Alleybux
I guess it could be different if its another bw in a certain setting but idk i prefer people to just compliment the hairstyle.

La Boheme

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,406 1,093 228
Alleybux
If that comes from a white woman/white person absolutely. Nonblack in general

eta: I wish some fonts would stop being obtuse about it being a microaggression. No one is wearing wigs with the expectation people think it's "real". That being said, it's still rude to bring it up if we aren't familiar (breast implants was a good one someone mentioned). White ppl will always be unfamiliar to me. I always give wig deets when a black person asks because, DUH, we all know it's a wig and you're familiar.

The font who mentioned a black student asking about braids in front of white students is a perfect example.

Last edited:

SinCndomPapi

Dominican Papi, Portofino Papi, Pacífico Papi
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
174,017 14,698 19,660
Alleybux
lol calling a pig a pig is offensive.

Embarrassing tweet.

embarrassing amounts of likes.

Elephant in the room still not addressed in year 2021.

1616755723730.png

Y’all going to be doing this in 2055

NZURI

Delete Account
Reaction score
Reactions
257,693 8,171 8,001
Alleybux
Never heard of this happening. It is an insult because who would compliment something basically saying it's obviously fake unless it was a part of a costume.

HubsCrush

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
9,502 251 164
Alleybux
It is. It's like someone saying "I like your breast implants" or "Your veneers look good girl." Especially coming from someone you don't know or if it's said in front other people.

GigiLaMoore

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
149,259 1,871 1,040
Alleybux
It's not a microaggression, it is straight up aggression done by a Miss Messy Boots who doesn't feel good about herself (or himself) so she tries to bring other people down. I wouldn't let it bother me so much or I would just answer back inkind.

Her: I like your wig
Me: Thank you. I like how the fat on your arms makes it look like you can fly. What are those called, batwings?

Whirr

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,455 393 171
Alleybux
it absolutely is. a gay white guy told me that once and I told him to fµck off
Gays can't help themselves when it comes to shading women. Tell me why a gay boy was applying at my old job and as he was handing me the resume said "Oh I like your WalMart shirt ;)"

I did get the shirt from WalMart but this was a college job where they didn't care about dress codes. I looked at him crazy as fµck and in that moment his face fell, like he realized his resume was going right in the trash the moment he left. Which it did.

Meliodas

not here.
Reaction score
Reactions
115,318 3,062 1,403
Alleybux
it is if it's coming from a non-black person cus they could've just said they like your hair...

if that ever happened to me (which probably won't) i'd just come back with a swift, "i like your hair/extensions too, reminds me of horse hair :)"

J6vJ7.gif

DellsFave

Sarcasm.
Reaction score
Reactions
167,937 5,657 943
Alleybux
It is. It's a way of trying to announce that your hair is fake in an effort to knock you down a peg. White people assume we all wear weave, and they think it's funny and they use it to embarrass us. Oh "lol at the black girl and her fake hair she probably bald". They're always trying to bring up a "weave". If you're pretty, a white girl will try to announce that your hair is fake or ask if it's fake in front of an audience to try to take away from your looks.

It's got nothing to do with being ashamed or being mad that your wig got clocked. Why would you go around announcing that anything on you is fake? Like you owe anyone that info. It's nobody's business why someone is wearing a wig. If someone is insecure about their hair, so what? Who am I to confront them about it? Everyone is insecure about something. Should we go around pointing that out and saying "well it's your problem you're ashamed"? Nobody is so above anyone else that they have the right to say "well you shouldn't be wearing a wig in the first place". I don't even wear wigs but I've been accused of it and then of lying when I said my hair was real by ww trying to knock me down a peg.

I'm also not miserable enough to address a stranger because her wig looks bad or say, "i like your wig" just to let them know that i know it's a wig. I see bad wigs all the time, but I'm not a stupid ass b!tch, so I just keep it moving. The only reason to do that is to hurt the person. I don't need to do that to make myself feel better. Only basic b!tches do that. I've never seen a bad b!tch behave that way.

Someone tried to do this to my friend who had alopecia. They were so pleased with themselves for announcing she had a wig on in front of a group of men.

Last edited:

Fabulous Foxxx

~Bright-Eyed&Bushy-Tailed
Reaction score
Reactions
261,366 7,403 4,510
Alleybux
It is. Unless it’s coming from someone who has the same sh!t atop their head, I think they genuinely mean it and are a part of the normalized wig family.

WinterThyme

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,239 824 1,004
Alleybux
I mean majority of the wigs I see out here are ridiculous looking and obviously wigs. Even the picture in the OP, she looks like a clown. While I do agree coming from an other it's a microagression. I also feel like it's just calling a spade a spade. If you don't want someone to call out your wig, stop making it so easily clockable. Even back in the 50s the wigs looked more realistic than I've seen today. I've seen realistic, unclockable wigs, they do amazing things with wigs nowadays. But do they choose those, no. Broads are still out here choosing to wear 24 inches of Malaysian wavy, dyed pink, yellow and green, but want someone to call it their hair, it's s just not realistic

MeredithM

Ageless Queen. FKA Teddy Sinclair
Reaction score
Reactions
7,267 356 52
Alleybux
Even if you lay your wig, melt it down, blend it, bleach the knots, pluck it etc, most black and non-black people know that it’s not your real hair. I think most non-black people know it’s either a weave or wig, they just say, “I like your hair,” and leave it at that.

I would usually expect a shady non-black person to point out it’s a wig but I wouldn’t be offended because they’re not wrong.

For the girl who tweeted this, her wig is quite obviously a wig. The hairline is clunky and the lace is showing. If she goes out like this, it should be no surprise that someone is going to be sh!tty about it.

DellsFave

Sarcasm.
Reaction score
Reactions
167,937 5,657 943
Alleybux
Gays can't help themselves when it comes to shading women. Tell me why a gay boy was applying at my old job and as he was handing me the resume said "Oh I like your WalMart shirt ;)"

I did get the shirt from WalMart but this was a college job where they didn't care about dress codes. I looked at him crazy as fµck and in that moment his face fell, like he realized his resume was going right in the trash the moment he left. Which it did.

He was so pressed that he couldn't even control himself and contain his shade while trying to get a job? You serious?

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,826 447 181
Alleybux
Even if you lay your wig, melt it down, blend it, bleach the knots, pluck it etc, most black and non-black people know that it’s not your real hair. I think most non-black people know it’s either a weave or wig, they just say, “I like your hair,” and leave it at that.

I would usually expect a shady non-black person to point out it’s a wig but I wouldn’t be offended because they’re not wrong.

For the girl who tweeted this, her wig is quite obviously a wig. The hairline is clunky and the lace is showing. If she goes out like this, it should be no surprise that someone is going to be sh!tty about it.
Well if the wig is so sh!tty, then most people notice it. That’s how you especially know she’s not wrong in that case and those people are definitely being shady.

AsoEbi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
81,061 4,131 3,828
Alleybux
I mean majority of the wigs I see out here are ridiculous looking and obviously wigs. Even the picture in the OP, she looks like a clown. While I do agree coming from an other it's a microagression. I also feel like it's just calling a spade a spade. If you don't want someone to call out your wig, stop making it so easily clockable. Even back in the 50s the wigs looked more realistic than I've seen today. I've seen realistic, unclockable wigs, they do amazing things with wigs nowadays. But do they choose those, no. Broads are still out here choosing to wear 24 inches of Malaysian wavy, dyed pink, yellow and green, but want someone to call it their hair, it's s just not realistic
But you don’t need to call a spade a spade unwarranted. this is ridiculous. As BW we know when a wig is a wig or when it’s hair 90% of the time. What do you gain by publicly “complimenting” a wig. You know a laid >$$$ wig. You’re just trying to bring that person down a notch. you don’t go around “complimenting” peoples corsets or lip fillers. If you weren’t trying to be messy, then can keep it at I like your hair.,

Surreal

⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
241,901 7,371 6,305
Alleybux
I can see people finding it offensive when the hair isn't a wig. It comes off as, "that hair is too good to be yours, so it must be a wig." When it comes to black women, we are often accused of wearing wigs when our hair is longer cause people believe in the stereotype that black women can't grow long hair and that all our hair is fake.

AsoEbi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
81,061 4,131 3,828
Alleybux
Real question: What is your retort when non black say this to you publicly?

a black girl tried it with me and asked if my wig was my real hair knowing damn well it wasn’t, so I responded by asking if her waist length cornrows was her real hair. she dropped the topic.

In my predominantly white high school a black boy asked if by box braids was my real hair in front of all these white kids. Unprovoked, didn’t even relate to the topic at the time. I don’t care how sheltered and suburban a bb or BM is. He knows if it’s weave. Also, why is he asking in the first place?

people who do this, do it 100% of the time to humiliate.

Last edited:

The Muse

Put a dress on, let that p$$y breathe.
Reaction score
Reactions
39,885 2,456 1,717
Alleybux
Out here feeling yourself thinking you fooled people into thinking that cocker spaniel wavy is yours. The self-hate is sickening. To me this is like getting mad that someone compliments your makeup.

Ankura

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
48,172 565 201
Alleybux
Some women I know switch their hair up frequently. Drastically different textures, lengths and colors week after week. I don't think it's offensive if someone notices that their hair is a wig.

Outside of that kind of scenario I can definitely see it being shady no matter if the person is non black or black. It has nothing to do with people being able to clock it as wig for me. It's like if someone says "I like your fake nails" instead of just saying they like your nails.

Certain put downs are subtle.

WorkInProgress

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
441,002 8,507 2,734
Alleybux
What is in the air these days that people are mad at you for telling the truth? People want to operate in a constant state of delusion and don't like when they aren't coddled by people who still have sense. Weird times.

bullish af

Well-Groaned Member
Reaction score
Reactions
393,356 11,589 7,232
Alleybux
I think it’s appropriate to say I like your hair, but you should not be offended by the term wig if you wear a wig regularly. Everyone knows they’re wigs so they might think you’re comfortable with that.

IDORU

LSA’s ONE AND ONLY GRIMES STAN
Reaction score
Reactions
46,656 1,311 2,643
Alleybux
Why do y’all keep trying to make it about wig wearers wanting people to think it’s their OWN hair? That’s not the point, it’s going way over your head. It doesn’t matter if the wig is clockable..it’s shady period. The hair is on their head, they bought it, idc if it looks like a dumpster fire you’re going the extra mile by saying wig/weave.

wario

not mario
Reaction score
Reactions
88,570 2,487 509
Alleybux
idk why people can’t just say hair. like if it’s a wig or not it’s still hair.

DellsFave

Sarcasm.
Reaction score
Reactions
167,937 5,657 943
Alleybux
But you don’t need to call a spade a spade unwarranted. this is ridiculous. As BW we know when a wig is a wig or when it’s hair 90% of the time. What do you gain by publicly “complimenting” a wig. You know a laid >$$$ wig. You’re just trying to bring that person down a notch. you don’t go around “complimenting” peoples corsets or lip fillers. If you weren’t trying to be messy, then can keep it at I like your hair.,

Yeah all these "truth tellers" are just miserable and shady. Love to take pride in "keeping it real" when they really just like to put people down or feel superior. It NEVER comes from a good place. Ever. It is only ever meant to hurt or shame. Just say that and go. Acting like you're doing something noble by calling out random women about their appearance is delusional. It's arrogant.

And they want to throw around buzz words like "self hate", knowing they don't care about that. It's just an excuse to shade someone while seeming like they're on some higher plane. Didn't realize that certain bw deserved to experience microaggresions.

Why would a secure person be pressed about another woman's wig enough to address her or shade her about it? I'm not sure how that's productive. I could point it out if I were insecure myself though. Why am I going to go up to a chick in a bad wig and say "I like your WIG"?

Last edited:

rosewaterfan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
50,800 1,213 598
Alleybux
y’all really want ppl to pretend that those helmets are your real hair ? Just bc u live in a state of delusion doesn’t mean the rest of us do .

ProductFiend

Sally ain't got nuffin' on me!
Reaction score
Reactions
72,397 5,008 6,365
Alleybux
It's 2021 and wigs are no longer a secret so I don't see the point in pretending like they are something to be ashamed of. In any case, a great response to someone saying out loud for all to hear, "I like your wig!" would be to reply, "Thank you. I like your...hmm...I'll get back to you on that." No matter how you wear your hair, someone somewhere will have something to say in an attempt to demean bw. We do have the power not to let it demean us. Keeping an arsenal of comebacks, though, is a good idea.