Quantcast

Women Attending Church, Reading Bible LESS

MadameCassie

Michael 4 ever
Reaction score
Reactions
363,647 59,673 887
Alleybux
RESEARCH BUZZ: Women Attending Church, Reading Bible LESS - EEW Buzz - EEW MAGAZINE BUZZ
woman-church.png

For a long time, women have been known as the backbone of the local church and the faith leaders in the home. But according to a new 2011 survey conducted by Barna Research, a group responsible for analyzing primary research to understand cultural trends related to values, beliefs, attitudes and behaviors since 1984, women today are attending church and Sunday school less, reading their Bibles less, and are considering their faith less important.

Via the Christian Post, EEW BUZZ has learned that a major shift is happening with women and faith.

“Women used to put men to shame in terms of their orthodoxy of belief and the breadth and consistency of their religious behavior. No more; the religious gender gap has substantially closed,” said George Barna in his report.

“We can posit that while tens of millions of Americans seem to be wrestling with their faith – what to believe and how to experience and express it – women have been more radically redefining their faith than men in the past two decades.”

But this is not true of all women, since the study only included a survey of 1,621 randomly chosen adults. There are plenty individuals who are devout worshipers, regular churchgoers, dedicated prayer warriors, and faithful readers of the Holy scriptures.

EEW BUZZ would like to know, related to the women that are wavering in their faith, why do you think this may be happening? What will it take to re-engage women who are losing interest in church and abandoning the some of the practices and principles that keep their spirituality strong?

SOURCE: The Christian Post

presidentsjd

Exploring religion.
Reaction score
Reactions
3,018 2
Alleybux
Good.

If they read the bible they realize they're 2nd class citizens with respect to it.

Its about time.

its the ignorant ones that just post the happy little verses and skip over the other things they choose to ignore.

EzraMizrahi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,984 227 75
Alleybux
Good.

If they read the bible they realize they're 2nd class citizens with respect to it.

Its about time.

its the ignorant ones that just post the happy little verses and skip over the other things they choose to ignore.

Can I borrow one of your Bibles? I accidentally left mine at church and I have a feeling you own more than 10.

Dark Rose

<span style="display: inline-block; filter:progid:
Reaction score
Reactions
110,980 53 47
Alleybux
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of going to church then?

presidentsjd

Exploring religion.
Reaction score
Reactions
3,018 2
Alleybux
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of going to church then?

It wouldn't make sense for them to go and be talked at.

People like to depend on others for guidance instead of independent study and research.

Thats why they'll do what the loud man in the fancy suit does once a week because he says things that sound good but lack any literal substance.

If you're smart enough to see through it then you'll be better off.

Springbaby8

Lover of life and truth
Reaction score
Reactions
23,909 191 50
Alleybux
Well I feel sorry for them. I can't go a day without reading the Bible and God's Word and praying to God giving Him thanks. It really is food for my spirit, soul and mind.

presidentsjd

Exploring religion.
Reaction score
Reactions
3,018 2
Alleybux
Well I feel sorry for them. I can't go a day without reading the Bible and God's Word and praying to God giving Him thanks. It really is food for my spirit, soul and mind.

Thanking god for finding your car keys or saving you the last cookie isn't exactly "divine intervention" you know.

twinology

only one me
Reaction score
Reactions
26,862 114 50
Alleybux
Everyone goes to church for diff reasons.
I go to worship and for the music honestly. I feel like I get so much energy when I go, it does something for my soul and I feel like I get some type of good karma for going. #justbeinghonest

I know some people who only go for the Word. Then I know some who only just go to tithe.

Springbaby8

Lover of life and truth
Reaction score
Reactions
23,909 191 50
Alleybux
Thanking god for finding your car keys or saving you the last cookie isn't exactly "divine intervention" you know.

I really feel sorry for you. You're so lost but I believe you're searching. Which is why you keep trashing religion, particularly Christians

Dre22Era

Tired Black Man
Reaction score
Reactions
116,874 8,663 4,079
Alleybux
how about everybody mind their own business
go to church and "do you" instead of being concerned about the person sitting next to you.

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,535 184 115
Alleybux
Men (theoretically) have been responsible for income and spending. They were more aware of real world situations.

Once women started getting more responsible jobs, they found that a lot of religious principles needed modification.

Women also were expected to to have more survival skills. For example, my grandmother remarried when her husbands died. 3 times to be exact. Women could not get credit easily. When my momma divorced, she found that the need for a husband to be upwardly mobile had diminished.

I found that the need for a husband was not that strong. Women are not branded as loose if they have xes before marriage. We are still considered feminine when we run companies and do old time male roles.

So attending church conflicts with that. Think about what churches preach.

The other thing is that many church customs and practicies conflict with the Bible. I remember questioning why the Pastor had authority or special knowledge. Why was the words he said had to be from God? Free thinking, which arrived in the 60's, keeps us from accepting the authority. And once we got educated, we were able to interpret things ourselves.

I think that the Bible is being read about the same as always. People relied on the pastor to read and interpret the Bible. Then he told you how to apply it. Once you taught us to think for ourselves, then why do we need him.

Then we started observing the behavior of Christian leaders. Many are not behaving themselves.

I think the most important reason why we do not go to church is cause we do not want to. My Momma's generation considered a person, especially a women. that did not go to church of poor character. They went cause there was nothing else to do. Now church is competing with shopping, games, tv, and sleep.

It looses quite often.

When I was little, no one ever dared to say church was boring. (Adults). Now we can freely say it and choose not to go.

What will it take to get me to attend regularly. I would go more often if my son was not in Christian school.

Maybe.

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,535 184 115
Alleybux
It wouldn't make sense for them to go and be talked at.

People like to depend on others for guidance instead of independent study and research.

Thats why they'll do what the loud man in the fancy suit does once a week because he says things that sound good but lack any literal substance.

If you're smart enough to see through it then you'll be better off.
There are men talking loudly that make sense and know what they are talking about.

Nowadays with education, many of those men's sermons are contradictorily to common sense of how to live Biblically.

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,535 184 115
Alleybux
Everyone goes to church for diff reasons.
I go to worship and for the music honestly. I feel like I get so much energy when I go, it does something for my soul and I feel like I get some type of good karma for going. #justbeinghonest

I know some people who only go for the Word. Then I know some who only just go to tithe.
Please read up on tithing.

I am going to get dressed up, get in my car, drive, to give someone my money for no services rendered.

Your tithing reason got me.

Music is a good marketing tool to get people to attend a church.

If you feel better when you go then enjoy. Just be careful that you are not led to beliefs that do not make sense, or are unbiblical.

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,535 184 115
Alleybux
He Drea.

I did not mention your favorite Pastor

Why you groan me.

Just curious not trying to agrue.

puppygirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,655 5 6
Alleybux
I'm going to guess that one reason for change in women's church going habits have to do with pastoral or spiritual abuse. The lid has been taken off of something that victims often suffered silently: I'm speaking of pastors who have xes with their members AND the cultic, spiritual abuse that resembles brainwashing.

I think that people, women included, may become jaded and not attend as regularly. JMHO

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,535 184 115
Alleybux
The purpose of Tithing is not about being entertained by the church
I never said that was the purpose of tithing. To be entertained. Nor is that the purpose in my view of going to church.

THe poster said some people go just to tithe. That makes no sense to go to church only to tithe. And you know what my views on tithing are. In a nutshell. You give what you want to give.

To me, church is to guide one in living a Christian lifestyle. The minister offers his views, which should be based on Biblical study through college or seminary, on how to reconcile Christian rules with the current world.

4130n7330w

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
13,350 8 2
Alleybux
Umm, I guess they are now becoming more like Catholics, no offense.. Once you stop reading the Bible and only listening to what the "man" says it means you're doomed.

Contemporary

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,619 4,240 1,018
Alleybux
Good.

Its about time.

I was never really able to understand why any person of the female gender would want to subscribe to ANY major organized religion--I don't care if it's Christianity, Islam, or whatever. I'm just less trollish about it than you are.

gemstonehag

Blessed!
Reaction score
Reactions
3,116 2
Alleybux
i came to Christ in 2002, and i must admit i was not constant at reading and studying the bible. now a days i find myself praying always to God to please give me the desire to want to know you. please Father give me the desire to want to study your word. i believe God heard me because the desire is strong now!!!!! of course the evil one is tryin' to work at me to try to take that desire, but i'm gonna do my best alone with the Holy Spirit to fight it!

you have to study God's word or you will not know him. people will tell you anything. i mean they will spew out so much mess. so read and study it for yourself so you can know God. so if you don't pick it up, then it will not take root in you. there will be no growth.

twinology

only one me
Reaction score
Reactions
26,862 114 50
Alleybux
Please read up on tithing.

I am going to get dressed up, get in my car, drive, to give someone my money for no services rendered.

Your tithing reason got me.

Music is a good marketing tool to get people to attend a church.

If you feel better when you go then enjoy. Just be careful that you are not led to beliefs that do not make sense, or are unbiblical.

because maybe they love to give money, and not really going for the other reasons I stated, like I said everyone has their own reason, not sure why it's looked at as a bad thing.