Quantcast

Women Need To Get Better At Defining, Owning & Defending Our Spaces

Mulberry

I don't interact with new fonts. 365 day minimum.
Reaction score
Reactions
153,602 5,550 2,401
Alleybux
Was watching a few episodes from the new season of First Wives Club -- a show which was based on a book/movie that denotes and explores a specifically female experience -- and noticed how the male characters have taken on a much more prominent and centralized view within the structure of the show and, how, they are now leading the narrative/POV.

Immediately after, I saw a tweet that linked to an article stating that Jerry O'Connell has replaced Sharon Osbourne & taken on a co-hosting position on The Talk; a show that was specifically constructed to be hosted by women -- Mothers, actually, though that changed later -- and has an almost exclusively female viewership. A female co-host was removed -- a female, who despite being pretty awful in a lot of ways, had previously excelled in a male dominated professional setting despite men trying their best to stop her doing so/sabotage her & has been an abuse victim at the hands of men many times over -- and, rather than give her position to another female it was instead rewarded to male instead.

For decades upon decades, centuries upon centuries, women have had to fight tooth and nail just to get scraps in male-dominated spaces and, yet, here we are freely giving up precious limited room in spaces that women have fought to have to mediocre men who, actually, are only choosing to enter our spaces because they weren't talented or intelligent or whatever else enough to carve out success for themselves in male-dominated spaces.

Until males decide to open up an abundance of room & equal opportunity for us, we shouldn't be allowing them to take up any room whatsoever that could and rightfully should go to females.

Belluh Noche

Bye LSA it’s been fun. Too many white people now.
Reaction score
Reactions
71,347 3,188 1,537
Alleybux
I agree 100% but the T community and their allies are making it difficult. We're not allowed to have our own spaces anymore because men said it's discrimination :cautious:

DominaHW

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
441,166 9,374 4,422
Alleybux
Because women care more about others than others care about us. And women are far more inclusive to others than other people are to us. That's why so few people respect women as a collective and see us as easily browbeaten.

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,483 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
Because women care more about others than others care about us. And women are far more inclusive to others than other people are to us. That's why so few people respect women as a collective and see us as easily browbeaten.
This is true, especially for black women. The responses in the Richard Sherman thread compared to the Chad Wheeler thread were disgusting. Those fonts measure their "sympathy" for the victim based on if they find the male accuser as someone they would want to be with themselves. I was disgusted at the comments of those fonts.

I think at the end of April going into May, they had a few male guest hosts on The Talk. Then when May rolled around, I believe they had an entire month of May with rotating guest male hosts. After about two weeks of this, I started to suspect that they were going to end up having a man as a permanent host. Looks like I was right.

Something you guys should keep in mind is that he did that test run a year or two ago filling in for Wendy Williams during her scheduled summer hiatus because he was trying to get his own show. Apparently, that never went anywhere but whoever his agent is must have been working overtime to get him in the daytime TV arena. They've been saying that the ratings for The Talk have fallen off. Personally, the two new co-hosts leave a lot to be desired (The black woman made a statement saying "nobody knew Billie Holiday was a Civil Rights advocate" just because SHE didn't know that)

I actually like Jerry and think he's funny but I can see why women would be upset with this because the show pretty much prided itself on being for women to talk about things of interest to women. But CBS doesn't exactly have a reputation for being fair and equitable so this doesn't entirely surprise me.

But if Jerry stays in his lane as a man and listens and adds his perspective to certain discussions and it enhances it, then I suppose I wouldn't be bothered by that. But sometimes I am also aware that women tend to yield their power to a man in the room "just because"....

Last edited: