Women who age without many relationships or kids look young?

I'm not telling you
Reactions
17,579 342 94
Alleybux
I’m just seeing something.

I’m 33 and still can pass for 21 years old. No kids and little relationship experience.

People have said to me the no relationship and no kid factors into my slow aging.

i usually take it with a grain of salt.

but the other day, there was a thread of a Bianca Lawson photo shoot.

someone mentions she is ageless due to lack of relationship and kids. She is 42, I believe and have some teens beat.

Is that a real correlation?

can anyone else relate?

Reactions
79,215 807 101
Alleybux
No stress. Worrying only about you and your immediate needs I guess.

Had this conversation with a coworker a few years ago when she asked what I did all weekend. I said I wasnt feeling well so I stayed home in bed all weekend. So she was like u did that??? I said yes. I dont have a husband or kids....I can lay in bed all day if and when I want to when I'm not feeling well. Just feed the cat. I literally only have to worry about myself, my pleasure, my needs, my wants and my well being.

Reactions
3,075 166 34
Alleybux
Some people just have the aging like sour milk genetics. Also you can not have kids or do a lot of relationship but you can still have not so good lifestyle factors that contribute to aging like drinking too much, sleeping too little, barely exercising, stress, no skincare, and bad diet. As you get older you have to really keep on top of these things for self preservation. The reason why people in relationships and parents seem to age faster is because they tend to neglect or don't have time for these things.

Last edited:
I'm not telling you
Reactions
17,579 342 94
Alleybux
Can you post a picture???I swear everyone thinks they look young when they really look their age. No shade.
I would love to but these streets and alleys are tough

eta: I know what you mean. But I’m positive I do. I’m in my 30s and when I’m out and about, older women say things like you are so cute/adorable like I’m a kid.

Last edited:
Reactions
62,386 773 225
Alleybux
Women who prioritize themselves mentally and physically age well.

I know older women who were in toxic ass marriages but they did not care for their husbands at all, so they stayed young lol. They stayed for convenience but kept themselves sharp.

The women who give and give without getting much back are the ones who age prematurely. Whether their relationship is "good" or not. A lot of them have inattentive husbands who they try to win over for decades. Or they transfer that codependent energy to their kids and age badly in that way.

Reactions
4,410 70 8
Alleybux
I agree with this. More people/things in your life= usually less sleep, or at least not quality sleep, more nights stressing. Also, depending on how well you do financially, you can afford to do more things to take care of yourself without kids (all organic foods, regular facials, massages, high-end skincare, fitness classes).

#theyjusthave2die
Reactions
54,094 1,708 1,814
Alleybux
I'm similar to you -- 35 years old, no kids, very little relationship experience, and people sometimes seem to assume Im in my early or mid 20s (early 20s is def stretch but these ppl are usually white and often british so...).

I am starting to think it helps. Whenever ppl ask me how I look so young, Im tempted to say "no husband, no kids", but I just keep it cute with "black don't crack".

Reactions
78,335 1,469 1,052
Alleybux
No, I know plenty of young women with no kids/many relationships who look older than their bio age. One thing a lot of them had in common was they're on the heavier side and that weight ages them.

Let BowJaws Handle It
Time Out
Reactions
106,086 5,284 7,913
Alleybux
No alcohol or drugs helps the aging process slow down.
this..........

Girls be 24 and shit bragging about drinking Henny every day just to celebrate getting in the damn car and by 30, they ass looks 50.

See it all the time.

Also heard of this guy fucking this chick who he swore up and down was 26 and she was 40 and he was mad when he found out her age because he said she looked so young.

It's all about lifestyle.

Last edited:
Reactions
4,418 280 566
Alleybux
I’m just seeing something.

I’m 33 and still can pass for 21 years old. No kids and little relationship experience.

People have said to me the no relationship and no kid factors into my slow aging.

i usually take it with a grain of salt.

but the other day, there was a thread of a Bianca Lawson photo shoot.

someone mentions she is ageless due to lack of relationship and kids. She is 42, I believe and have some teens beat.

Is that a real correlation?

can anyone else relate?
I don't mean to be nosy, but how do people respond to you? Any snarky remarks? I'm only asking because I may be you in a decade.

Reactions
37,643 586 253
Alleybux
Stress can prematurely age you, but it’s not just stress. It’s also one’s genetics and epigenetics. I have teenagers and people usually assume I’m their older sister or auntie. People often think I’m in my late 20s to early 30s.

froot
Reactions
165,480 1,537 3,209
Alleybux
No stress. Worrying only about you and your immediate needs I guess.

Had this conversation with a coworker a few years ago when she asked what I did all weekend. I said I wasnt feeling well so I stayed home in bed all weekend. So she was like u did that??? I said yes. I dont have a husband or kids....I can lay in bed all day if and when I want to when I'm not feeling well. Just feed the cat. I literally only have to worry about myself, my pleasure, my needs, my wants and my well being.

amazing, isn’t it? All you have to worry about is yourself. I love it. Lol.

I know for a fact I’m not a mom type. I like my own time and money too much. Which sounds incredibly selfish, but I’ve really learned this as I exited my twenties. I really like being able to do what I want when I want. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to give it up.

....and yes, stress free. All the sleep you lose being a parent. Then let’s not even get into marital stressors. For some people they’re willing to make the sacrifice. Me not so much, lol.

I'm not telling you
Reactions
17,579 342 94
Alleybux
I don't mean to be nosy, but how do people respond to you? Any snarky remarks? I'm only asking because I may be you in a decade.
Sometimes I wonder if guys don’t take me seriously because of my young aura. At work I’m babied a lot. It’s sometimes nice but want to be taken seriously most times. I think the big thing is being taken seriously though you look young. I got more snarky remarks when I was younger. People thought I was trying to act innocent.

Reactions
78,007 1,435 234
Alleybux
I think it is true . Hell folks are shocked when I tell them my age they always think Im 10-15 yrs younger than I am both young and old. lol It funny to see the looks on their faces when I say my age.

sippin corona w/ my vatos
Reactions
12,844 306 238
Alleybux
My cousin just turned 47. Has four kids . Looks and sounds 22.

It’s called genetics lol. Like genetics determine how you look. Being childless is great and I love that freedom. But I know ugly childless people.

stress plays a big factor in how you age in general. So whether you’re stressing over kids a man or a job it can age you.... the key is keeping down stress. Childless people (Thankg Goodness!) have about half the stress of a parent

The kids is like meh. But man - less forever to look young ? No ma’am lol. I’m a Virgo I do single well. But sex also keep you young - hence my 47 year old cousin with four kids who’s married and looks 22 lol .

Reactions
2,117 42 46
Alleybux
I definitely agree! People still think I’m 21-23 but I’ll be 29 this year and I’m single, no kids, and have little relationship experience. Relationships and kids can age you prematurely especially if they’re unhealthy and you’re struggling financially to take care of your kids, which is why I’m not pressed for either one.

Lifestyle/genetics is also important too. As I get older, although genetics are on my side (people also think my mom is younger than she actually is), I am being much more diligent about staying active, eating as healthy as possible, and investing in my skincare/grooming

Reactions
43,560 1,351 396
Alleybux
I think it's more so genetics and having a healthy lifestyle. But a high stress lifestyle will age you. A no good man that you are running after will cause stress which will age you. A bunch of rowdy kids that you have to feed will age you. Taking care of a sick parent with no breaks will age you. All of those add to your stress levels which is why they are aging.

So does drinking and doing drugs.

Reactions
5,396 37 15
Alleybux
I definitely agree! People still think I’m 21-23 but I’ll be 29 this year and I’m single, no kids, and have little relationship experience. Relationships and kids can age you prematurely especially if they’re unhealthy and you’re struggling financially to take care of your kids, which is why I’m not pressed for either one.

Lifestyle/genetics is also important too. As I get older, although genetics are on my side (people also think my mom is younger than she actually is), I am being much more diligent about staying active, eating as healthy as possible, and investing in my skincare/grooming
Girl same exact situation as me! I’ll be 29 in September (God willing) and I’m single with no kids. Both my parents look 10 years younger than their actual age. My dad is 71 and looks like he’s in his 50s. I do a lot of juicing with greens, omega 3s, and water. I moisturize and use sunscreen too. Entering 30s is kinda scary but honestly since we both have all these advantages on our side we gone look amazing lol

Trending Threads

The Culture

Television Alley

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

What age was your first crush? What age did you first fall in love?
Age of my first crush: 4. I distinctly remember falling in love with this little blonde haired kid who held the door open for me. Fallen in...
  • Poll
Who do you get along with better dad side or mom side of family
my mother side as I see them way often and get along perfectly fine. She has the most relatives in her side. Dad has a few we barely seen as often.
Philly Tea Volume Iii. Motherless Children, Row Home Hoochies, Broke Scammers, And Botched Surgeries
Tia.... sis Dully has you loosing your mind ! I’m tired of you girl, I know Dully burned out
Rare young Whitney photo
Chiiile. That face was TOP TIER! It wasn’t even just the face, her features were exquisite! Indeed and like Bethann said she was ALL THAT and...
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
That clip her locking them in the room always upset me. Journie is crying, Jiya is trying to comfort her but starts crying as well. She wants to...
Order Some Food And We'll Reveal How Expensive Your Tastebuds Are
Not expensive Your wallet is thanking you right about now, because your taste in food isn't too pricey. You know that food doesn't have to be...
Should single dads be celebrated on Mother’s Day?
No. Single mother's shouldn't be celebrated on Father's day either.
Cute 4y/o hacks moms amazon for 100s of popsicles
by the title I thought it would be sneakier, like the one when the toddler waited for the wine mom to be passed out on the sofa and fingerprinted...
Top Bottom