Quantcast

Wondering why zendaya overhyped?

Spillitout

I SAID WHHAT I SAID
Reaction score
Reactions
11,430 1,380 1,775
Alleybux
- She’s Disney star who comes with huge youth fanbase from her decade long career

- She has a long career (over 10 yrs) already unlike many same-age actresses who are more newcomers to the scene

- She’s biracial so she appeals to whites and blacks (there are casting blinds about how Hollywood top choice is to cast biracial POC because they appeal to more demos which explains why she got so many top roles the last 5 yrs)

- Unlike many child stars with poor support system, she seems to have a strong support system both personal and professional. Her team is ace.

- She’s a rare child star who has a good head on her shoulders despite being in the fame game over a decade. She was making smart decisions better than most grown up celebs when she was only a teenager.

- She has a great rep in the industry. There are stars who are hard to work with. She’s a star who’s easy to work with, which is rare. Many people running Hollywood want her to succeed so they hype her up.

I do think people that overhype her acting abilities. I think the reason why some black women like her is because of the fact that she’s one of the light skin’s who has acknowledged that colorism is a legit issue and Hollywood. She also doesn’t try to take rolls away from dark skin girls. Which is why a lot of people like her because a lot of light skins never like to acknowledge colorism and like the “all lives matter” the situation by saying that we are all black, we all struggle.

People won’t admit that she’s only popular because she fits the mold of the pretty, biracial light-skinned actor that has taken over the image of black women. See also: Zoe Kravitz, Amandla Stenberg, Zoe Saldana, Zazie Beetz, Tessa Thompson, Halle Berry, Alexandra Shipp, and Yara Shahidi. I’m not trying to be the bitter dark skin woman, but, like, isn’t it obvious what they all have in common? None of these women are extremely talented either, but 99% of black women roles go to them because of beauty standards. A full Black woman actor would never get away with being as mediocre as them. Lupita Nyong'o is a better actress and more gorgeous than most of them yet super underrated.

BUT.... I will say Zendaya is NOT unproblematic she's just scared to say something because she's been called out before. The moment that happen she started "acting woke" "trying being relatable ( : I've had struggles in hollywood: ).
the reason why she's immune to criticism is that she's been giving that image to everyone for a long time. Like, it's ok to defend herself from people being racist to her, she has every right but she sometimes does it in a way that looks very unnecessary on certain occasions, like she's trying really hard to be woke because she knows that's what gets her clout and respect from everyone.

. It's gotten to the point where she can't go anywhere without making herself the victim of something foolish or making it about herself. With that, she's gained a reputation for 'taking down' haters and being the 'footprint' for slamming criticism and while in other occasions that's a good thing, with her it's so disingenuous because it's like she's always looking for the bad comment between the ocean of good ones she receives. It's like she wants someone to tell her something wrong about her so she can 'slam' that person. I think she got popularity when she slammed Julianna for the criticism towards her hair and while I respect her for standing up for herself, right after that happened she started to slam people for ridiculous reasons and people started to 'stan' her because that's how a 'queen' acts. I respect that she defended her parents as well, nobody should mess with you parents ever but saying a store clerk woman was racist to her because they didn't sell her a gift card for more than $400 with the fact that the store has a policy that applies to every customer is unnecessary and the fact that she brought the issue to Instagram and social media is so much worse, that woman could've lost her job and then she didn't even apologize properly when she found out about the policy, she only said: 'it's ok now, peace.'

She's being shady and unnecessarily 'woke', like with the Aliyah stuff. I don't support Alexandra Shipp but Zendaya was offered the role as well and wanted to play the role but somehow she shaded Alexandra for doing it. I get it, the movie was bad but if she actually wanted to play the role, why is she criticizing someone else for wanting to do the same?

Same with the Mary Jane thing, even Tom Holland has admitted that they don't have a Mary Jane at all, that Zendaya is playing a different character, he's said multiple times as well as the writers and directors, she's playing like a different interpretation of the character but she's not Mary Jane and this is fine because she's playing her own role and her own rules, the thing is, she dyed her hair red and everyone praised her for that. There, nothing wrong with it, everyone said she looked good, she had at least a thousand comments telling her how amazing she looked, millions of articles praising her for her hair, etc. But somehow, for her, that wasn't enough, she decided to look for the one bad comment within her comment section to respond to it and 'slam' this 'hater'. Why didn't she just scroll down and respond to the good ones? Why pick the rare bad one? And yes, I'm aware she was really criticized for playing the role but by that time and for that occasion nobody was saying anything wrong to her, why not just ignore the bad apple? She also gets away with stuff that no other people can, like her wearing the national Honduran bird on a dress with full accessories of the culture during an important event. No one said anything, no one accused her of cultural appropriation, in fact, they praised her for it but if some other actress did the same, they would be canceled immediately. Same with laughing about Peter Parker being Jewish, liking anti-semitic related posts, supporting and siding with Kanye and the list goes on. And I'm aware those last ones aren't even that bad because everyone can make a mistake but this is the point, if this was any other actress, things would be different and that's not fair.

The same thing with
Tom Holland's girlfriend (whenever he get'sone), she knows she's more popular, she knows what her fans have been saying about Tom and his (future)gf and she still didn't say anything. She's been liking (tomdaya pictures) They condemned Tom for dating a girl that is not Zendaya, calling him a cheater, making fun of his dyslexia, tagged his family and friends and insulted them, destroying who ever he dates and all of those were fans of Zendaya. How come when someone tells her something slightly bad she's ready to fight but when is someone else, she stays silent? She even implied that she's ok with people shipping her and Tom because 'it comes with the job' but she didn't bat an eye when Tom himself (who is a close friend of hers btw) admitted that made him uncomfortable.

I feel like she's actually someone very arrogant and instead of embracing that part of herself, she hides that because she's afraid of criticism. She's afraid of not being the 'perfect queen' her fans made her out to be. I feel like one day, she's going to make a mistake, just like any other human, and she's not going to be able to respond accordingly because her fans coddle her and she has this firm belief that she's always going to be right all the time. She's the QUEEN of getting away with anything.

Every time Zendaya get's call out here comes her FANY PACKS labeling you as "racist, hypocrite, rude, jealous" Stating that : you don't like to see a black girl winning: First of all (biracial isn't black and black isn't biracial) She's a birracial WOC.

She now goes on trying to make Hollywood diverse and she talks about diversity and making a change in Hollywood. I Like you Zendaya but I call BS on that after you allow ( Sam lavinson) to cast you and JD to play his emotion on Film. She had Halle berry stating she's the living proof that Hollywood is changing....hmm okay.
She has a great team I will have to admit...I think I said this many time, her character is bland as hell in Spiderman, even Laura character was more relatable then hers. and they pushed her as a main character with the promo since the 1st movie and leaving Laura out which Zendaya never spoke out about it, in every interview Jon watt and the cast beside Tom talks about Zendaya, hyping her, defending her and never Laura. They left her out like she was never apart of the movie knowing that she had more screen time then Zendaya 10 min Cameo. Euphoria was not that good at all, with a script that sounded like a tumblr rant all put together and yet...

It's funny though because people don't realize she knows how to play the game (and good for her), she says the right buzzwords in interviews without saying anything groundbreaking, and utilized that Juliana thing really well...She's not a good actor i will say, but their is a lot of white mediocre running around, opening their ass to stay on that top so I'm going to let it slid. But Zendaya seems to be disparate for the Oscar lately trying to push her movie (M&M) for Oscar buzz, her team paying people to give it good reviews after the critics rated a bad review. She did a photoshoot, interviews, had a table talk with experience actress...I mean Zendaya is gaining for the Oscars to recognize her so she can be next to Halle berry for (best actress). But the girl isn't a good actress we all know that besides her FANY PACK. She plays the same emotions in every character, No range, Monotone...acting classes are Open Zendaya needs one. In SM she plays MJ, in euphoria r rated MJ, in M&M an updated MJ. I won't say she is bad actress, she got improved but honestly she don't deserve her EMMY win. Now she is getting Oscar buzz for m&m. Just another Gwyneth Paltrow, but unproblematic. She Should have stayed at Disney or a kid show instead of embarrassing herself desperately looking for an Oscar, the way everyone has been dragging her for months proves she never had the range, people only got fooled by euphoria. And don't get me started with her new (sugar daddy) Sam Lavinson the dude can't write for sh!t, Euphoria was famous for its Visual, makeup, editing and style not because of the writing. Euphoria was the TEEN version of americannation assentation (Sam's movie) . Zendaya needs to leave him and not work with him outside of euphoria but knowing she can't cause she depend on her white workers to get her a job or whatever she wants.

don’t think she has much screen presence and she always seems to overact. Her Emmy win was perplexing to me, but it was also a weak year and those awards are very political, so I get it.

Why is she being pushed so hard? And why is there so much hype with her? Is this Hollywood’s thing of avoiding diversity criticism by championing some lightskinned girls?

Thoughts & opinion... I said what i said...I'm out!!

LadyElle0301

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
150,811 4,332 1,748
Alleybux
giphy.gif

HeHypesMe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
65,764 2,082 1,316
Alleybux
She's overrated (most performers are these days), but I also don't think she's worth a spiraling, tl;dr tirade on LSA.

Take a nap, OP, you care too much.

CatThot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,509 2,789 1,293
Alleybux
- She’s Disney star who comes with huge youth fanbase from her decade long career

- She has a long career (over 10 yrs) already unlike many same-age actresses who are more newcomers to the scene

- She’s biracial so she appeals to whites and blacks (there are casting blinds about how Hollywood top choice is to cast biracial POC because they appeal to more demos which explains why she got so many top roles the last 5 yrs)

- Unlike many child stars with poor support system, she seems to have a strong support system both personal and professional. Her team is ace.

- She’s a rare child star who has a good head on her shoulders despite being in the fame game over a decade. She was making smart decisions better than most grown up celebs when she was only a teenager.

- She has a great rep in the industry. There are stars who are hard to work with. She’s a star who’s easy to work with, which is rare. Many people running Hollywood want her to succeed so they hype her up.

I do think people that overhype her acting abilities. I think the reason why some black women like her is because of the fact that she’s one of the light skin’s who has acknowledged that colorism is a legit issue and Hollywood. She also doesn’t try to take rolls away from dark skin girls. Which is why a lot of people like her because a lot of light skins never like to acknowledge colorism and like the “all lives matter” the situation by saying that we are all black, we all struggle.

People won’t admit that she’s only popular because she fits the mold of the pretty, biracial light-skinned actor that has taken over the image of black women. See also: Zoe Kravitz, Amandla Stenberg, Zoe Saldana, Zazie Beetz, Tessa Thompson, Halle Berry, Alexandra Shipp, and Yara Shahidi. I’m not trying to be the bitter dark skin woman, but, like, isn’t it obvious what they all have in common? None of these women are extremely talented either, but 99% of black women roles go to them because of beauty standards. A full Black woman actor would never get away with being as mediocre as them. Lupita Nyong'o is a better actress and more gorgeous than most of them yet super underrated.

BUT.... I will say Zendaya is NOT unproblematic she's just scared to say something because she's been called out before. The moment that happen she started "acting woke" "trying being relatable ( : I've had struggles in hollywood: ).
the reason why she's immune to criticism is that she's been giving that image to everyone for a long time. Like, it's ok to defend herself from people being racist to her, she has every right but she sometimes does it in a way that looks very unnecessary on certain occasions, like she's trying really hard to be woke because she knows that's what gets her clout and respect from everyone.

. It's gotten to the point where she can't go anywhere without making herself the victim of something foolish or making it about herself. With that, she's gained a reputation for 'taking down' haters and being the 'footprint' for slamming criticism and while in other occasions that's a good thing, with her it's so disingenuous because it's like she's always looking for the bad comment between the ocean of good ones she receives. It's like she wants someone to tell her something wrong about her so she can 'slam' that person. I think she got popularity when she slammed Julianna for the criticism towards her hair and while I respect her for standing up for herself, right after that happened she started to slam people for ridiculous reasons and people started to 'stan' her because that's how a 'queen' acts. I respect that she defended her parents as well, nobody should mess with you parents ever but saying a store clerk woman was racist to her because they didn't sell her a gift card for more than $400 with the fact that the store has a policy that applies to every customer is unnecessary and the fact that she brought the issue to Instagram and social media is so much worse, that woman could've lost her job and then she didn't even apologize properly when she found out about the policy, she only said: 'it's ok now, peace.'

She's being shady and unnecessarily 'woke', like with the Aliyah stuff. I don't support Alexandra Shipp but Zendaya was offered the role as well and wanted to play the role but somehow she shaded Alexandra for doing it. I get it, the movie was bad but if she actually wanted to play the role, why is she criticizing someone else for wanting to do the same?

Same with the Mary Jane thing, even Tom Holland has admitted that they don't have a Mary Jane at all, that Zendaya is playing a different character, he's said multiple times as well as the writers and directors, she's playing like a different interpretation of the character but she's not Mary Jane and this is fine because she's playing her own role and her own rules, the thing is, she dyed her hair red and everyone praised her for that. There, nothing wrong with it, everyone said she looked good, she had at least a thousand comments telling her how amazing she looked, millions of articles praising her for her hair, etc. But somehow, for her, that wasn't enough, she decided to look for the one bad comment within her comment section to respond to it and 'slam' this 'hater'. Why didn't she just scroll down and respond to the good ones? Why pick the rare bad one? And yes, I'm aware she was really criticized for playing the role but by that time and for that occasion nobody was saying anything wrong to her, why not just ignore the bad apple? She also gets away with stuff that no other people can, like her wearing the national Honduran bird on a dress with full accessories of the culture during an important event. No one said anything, no one accused her of cultural appropriation, in fact, they praised her for it but if some other actress did the same, they would be canceled immediately. Same with laughing about Peter Parker being Jewish, liking anti-semitic related posts, supporting and siding with Kanye and the list goes on. And I'm aware those last ones aren't even that bad because everyone can make a mistake but this is the point, if this was any other actress, things would be different and that's not fair.

The same thing with
Tom Holland's girlfriend (whenever he get'sone), she knows she's more popular, she knows what her fans have been saying about Tom and his (future)gf and she still didn't say anything. She's been liking (tomdaya pictures) They condemned Tom for dating a girl that is not Zendaya, calling him a cheater, making fun of his dyslexia, tagged his family and friends and insulted them, destroying who ever he dates and all of those were fans of Zendaya. How come when someone tells her something slightly bad she's ready to fight but when is someone else, she stays silent? She even implied that she's ok with people shipping her and Tom because 'it comes with the job' but she didn't bat an eye when Tom himself (who is a close friend of hers btw) admitted that made him uncomfortable.

I feel like she's actually someone very arrogant and instead of embracing that part of herself, she hides that because she's afraid of criticism. She's afraid of not being the 'perfect queen' her fans made her out to be. I feel like one day, she's going to make a mistake, just like any other human, and she's not going to be able to respond accordingly because her fans coddle her and she has this firm belief that she's always going to be right all the time. She's the QUEEN of getting away with anything.

Every time Zendaya get's call out here comes her FANY PACKS labeling you as "racist, hypocrite, rude, jealous" Stating that : you don't like to see a black girl winning: First of all (biracial isn't black and black isn't biracial) She's a birracial WOC.

She now goes on trying to make Hollywood diverse and she talks about diversity and making a change in Hollywood. I Like you Zendaya but I call BS on that after you allow ( Sam lavinson) to cast you and JD to play his emotion on Film. She had Halle berry stating she's the living proof that Hollywood is changing....hmm okay.
She has a great team I will have to admit...I think I said this many time, her character is bland as hell in Spiderman, even Laura character was more relatable then hers. and they pushed her as a main character with the promo since the 1st movie and leaving Laura out which Zendaya never spoke out about it, in every interview Jon watt and the cast beside Tom talks about Zendaya, hyping her, defending her and never Laura. They left her out like she was never apart of the movie knowing that she had more screen time then Zendaya 10 min Cameo. Euphoria was not that good at all, with a script that sounded like a tumblr rant all put together and yet...

It's funny though because people don't realize she knows how to play the game (and good for her), she says the right buzzwords in interviews without saying anything groundbreaking, and utilized that Juliana thing really well...She's not a good actor i will say, but their is a lot of white mediocre running around, opening their ass to stay on that top so I'm going to let it slid. But Zendaya seems to be disparate for the Oscar lately trying to push her movie (M&M) for Oscar buzz, her team paying people to give it good reviews after the critics rated a bad review. She did a photoshoot, interviews, had a table talk with experience actress...I mean Zendaya is gaining for the Oscars to recognize her so she can be next to Halle berry for (best actress). But the girl isn't a good actress we all know that besides her FANY PACK. She plays the same emotions in every character, No range, Monotone...acting classes are Open Zendaya needs one. In SM she plays MJ, in euphoria r rated MJ, in M&M an updated MJ. I won't say she is bad actress, she got improved but honestly she don't deserve her EMMY win. Now she is getting Oscar buzz for m&m. Just another Gwyneth Paltrow, but unproblematic. She Should have stayed at Disney or a kid show instead of embarrassing herself desperately looking for an Oscar, the way everyone has been dragging her for months proves she never had the range, people only got fooled by euphoria. And don't get me started with her new (sugar daddy) Sam Lavinson the dude can't write for sh!t, Euphoria was famous for its Visual, makeup, editing and style not because of the writing. Euphoria was the TEEN version of americannation assentation (Sam's movie) . Zendaya needs to leave him and not work with him outside of euphoria but knowing she can't cause she depend on her white workers to get her a job or whatever she wants.

don’t think she has much screen presence and she always seems to overact. Her Emmy win was perplexing to me, but it was also a weak year and those awards are very political, so I get it.

Why is she being pushed so hard? And why is there so much hype with her? Is this Hollywood’s thing of avoiding diversity criticism by championing some lightskinned girls?

I agree, I like her but she's a mediocre actress and I don't understand her hype

subquent

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,807 416 690
Alleybux
wow!! where y'all get all this energy when it comes to investigating celebs lives... I was very surprised with the whole zendaya fans angry at tom for not dating her, like when did that happen!! try doing something more productive OP and stop pretending to be enola Holmes

subquent

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,807 416 690
Alleybux
I agree, I like her but she's a mediocre actress and I don't understand her hype
how dare you!!?? zendaya has been really versatile with her acting, from dancing with the stars to KC undercover, she was amazing in the greatest showman movie, wouldn't have had it any other way!.... and then euphoria which I think is by far her best acting so far, I don't really like her that much in spiderman but she is far from being called mediocre

CatThot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,509 2,789 1,293
Alleybux
how dare you!!?? zendaya has been really versatile with her acting, from dancing with the stars to KC undercover, she was amazing in the greatest showman movie, wouldn't have had it any other way!.... and then euphoria which I think is by far her best acting so far, I don't really like her that much in spiderman but she is far from being called mediocre
Just because you are versatile and are booked and busy don't mean you are a mega talent. Look at J Lo, people love her mediocre ass.

I think Zendaya is probably humble, hardworking and well liked which is why she is where she is where she is. I like her but her acting is not that great.

LoLu10Plus

Laughter is the best medicine.
Reaction score
Reactions
41,680 873 192
Alleybux
I’m obviously in the minority, but I believe she’s talented. I’ve only ever seen her in the tv show Euphoria, but I find her acting to be very authentic. (So what I say with a huge grain of salt.) When I watch her on Euphoria, I don’t see her as an actress. She embodies the role of the character Rue.

She’s also been in this business forever, and she’s still young and quite beautiful. I would assume her longevity, support system, and her talent would afford her way more opportunities than many other actresses in her age range. I’m happy for her success if she’s happy for it.

subquent

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,807 416 690
Alleybux
Just because you are versatile and are booked and busy don't mean you are a mega talent. Look at J Lo, people love her mediocre ass.

I think Zendaya is probably humble, hardworking and well liked which is why she is where she is where she is. I like her but her acting is not that great.
I never said she was a mega talent! am just saying she is not mediocre, she even won a primetime emmy award for acting in euphoria and yet you call her mediocre, also I love j lo too, tf you call her mediocre too makes me not take you seriously

CatThot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,509 2,789 1,293
Alleybux
I never said she was a mega talent! am just saying she is not mediocre, she even won a primetime emmy award for acting in euphoria and yet you call her mediocre, also I love j lo too, tf you call her mediocre too makes me not take you seriously
Ok so you're a stan for mediocrity ok got it

MichikoM

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
89,780 9,573 698
Alleybux
LOOOOL op you wrote a whole essay.

I also think her acting is overhyped however I’m not writing a long ass think piece about it.

MichikoM

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
89,780 9,573 698
Alleybux
She plays the same emotions in every character, No range, Monotone...acting classes are Open Zendaya needs one. In SM she plays MJ, in euphoria r rated MJ, in M&M an updated MJ.
I agree with this part

OP you got this from Reddit. Scroll through the comments.

100% plagiarism.

You should’ve remove that part where it’s says, “ Now she getting Oscar buzz”. OP the Oscars was a month ago.

Last edited:

Kitizen

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,928 36 5
Alleybux
OP’s entire post history is about Zendaya. Are you this miserable and obsessive in real life OP?

True mental illness.

Spillitout

I SAID WHHAT I SAID
Reaction score
Reactions
11,430 1,380 1,775
Alleybux
I agree with this part

OP you got this from Reddit. Scroll through the comments.

100% plagiarism.

You should’ve remove that part where it’s says, “ Now she getting Oscar buzz”. OP the Oscars was a month ago.

Yes I ask so I’m good☺️

ladyluxe

#theyjusthave2die
Reaction score
Reactions
69,321 2,711 2,385
Alleybux
Yeah no one's reading all that sh!t. I think she's still overrated, but euphoria's great and she earned her emmy.

Firebomb60

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,827 169 51
Alleybux
Writing all of that for what who did you think was going to reading that.

GoddessTyla

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
4,367 653 840
Alleybux
Whee OP claims she isn't butter but this post is bitterness down to the last word. The fact that Zendaya haven't been in alot of stuff but somehow still have yall pissed. Zendaya haven't took rolls from Black women, she have always went after rolls that were meant for white women. Yall always try this with her for some reason. All of her films she was in was for white women. Yall trukt need to leave this girl alone. She was networking and it paid off for her. People use to think Bella was going to be the breakout stat between the two of them.