Quantcast

Working holiday visa, which country?

Saranghae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
9,769 512 63
Alleybux
So I live in The Netherlands - Amsterdam and ive noticed im just not happy in this country, it is so depressing to be here.

Ive been thinking about doing a Working holiday visa (got 2years left for this). Would love to do this in South Korea but being realistic it would make no sense for me to do it there cause its gonna be difficult to find a job there.

Has anyone did this before ? if so which country?

caramel blue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
21,607 482 479
Alleybux
So I live in The Netherlands - Amsterdam and ive noticed im just not happy in this country, it is so depressing to be here.

Ive been thinking about doing a Working holiday visa (got 2years left for this). Would love to do this in South Korea but being realistic it would make no sense for me to do it there cause its gonna be difficult to find a job there.

What makes The Netherlands- Amsterdam depressing?

MsDriven

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,680 1,624 279
Alleybux
Whats a working holiday visa? Would you still keep your regular job?

Bakhita

Free Spirit, INFJ
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
22,828 743 411
Alleybux
Whats a working holiday visa? Would you still keep your regular job?
It's a visa given to people between 18-30 or so where they can work for a year usually at jobs like picking fruit, bar tending, au pair etc nothing fancy

Reaction score
Reactions
394 12 5
Alleybux

i'm thinking the same for south korea but i think being a student first to study the language will give me good enough connections to try and meet people to get the visa i need to work there!

Bella8933

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,090 5,828 6,841
Alleybux

I am Black American and have been living in The Netherlands for years now - came for work and stayed. :)

I love it here! But am an older font that came here as an Expat so yeah, I go to the expat parties, events, skiing in Austria, the annual Masked Ball in Versailles France etc so I LOVE my life here and would never leave. :)

How old are you and what do you do for a living?

Because, you know a LOT of what you happy wherever you live ... is your job and the kind of money you earn.

I know people that HATE New York City but when I ask them where they live and the kind of work they do ... itś always in the dodgy areas of THe Bronx etc where it is just ROUGH! :(

Whereas a friend of mine lives in NYC too but lives on the Upper Eastside in a serious Brownstone and works as an Entertainment Lawyer. She loves NYC. She goes to all the Art show openings, the parties, the popular clubs and restaurants and is loving her life.

So it all depends.

Saranghae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
9,769 512 63
Alleybux
I am Black American and have been living in The Netherlands for years now - came for work and stayed. :)

I love it here! But am an older font that came here as an Expat so yeah, I go to the expat parties, events, skiing in Austria, the annual Masked Ball in Versailles France etc so I LOVE my life here and would never leave. :)

How old are you and what do you do for a living?

Because, you know a LOT of what you happy wherever you live ... is your job and the kind of money you earn.

I know people that HATE New York City but when I ask them where they live and the kind of work they do ... itś always in the dodgy areas of THe Bronx etc where it is just ROUGH! :(

Whereas a friend of mine lives in NYC too but lives on the Upper Eastside in a serious Brownstone and works as an Entertainment Lawyer. She loves NYC. She goes to all the Art show openings, the parties, the popular clubs and restaurants and is loving her life.

So it all depends.
Damnn that sounds like fun tho.

I am 27 and i work as an Office Manager.