Quantcast

Worst countries for black travelers

Nikkinonka

Sweet Like Willy Wonka
Reaction score
Reactions
80,504 2,951 383
Alleybux
Wowowowowowow that was my relative. I honestly didn’t think his murder made much noise across the world. We took it to trial and retrial, we spread the word as much as we could but it just seemed to go unnoticed kinda... honestly scared me off from traveling for a while. His 26th birthday would be next month, I always wanted to go to Greece until that happened.

Just stay safe take protection if you can, travel with people you trust, & if you feel unsafe call someone you trust and let them know EVERYTHING, document it all if you can. :heart:

Omg I’m so sorry for your loss *HUGS* and I commend you and your family on fighting on his behalf. The story was very sad. Thank you for the kind words and same to you!! :heart:

BC 234

in progress ♑️
Reaction score
Reactions
117,431 2,772 382
Alleybux
Omg I’m so sorry for your loss *HUGS* and I commend you and your family on fighting on his behalf. The story was very sad. Thank you for the kind words and same to you!! :heart:
Thank you. :heart::heart:
It took a lot of time, tears, & anger but I’ve accepted it now. His parents really gave the family the strength to carry on after his passing, the strength and unwavering faith they have is truly inspiring.

JamQueen

JamQueen
Reaction score
Reactions
40,292 1,947 449
Alleybux
Isn’t this tragic? The struggles Black people have to go through. Wondering if you’ll be safe when you would like to see the world.

Luxheaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,328 2,114 903
Alleybux
Are you mad I have privilege because I’m light skin and racially ambiguous? I’m not going to get treated the same as a mono-racial dark skin black person. Sorry that upsets you.

I lived in Europe and had no problem. I’ve been to Singapore and Japan and also have had no issues. I’m not worried. I’ve literally never been called the N word a day in my life.

You are ignorant if you think just because you are light skinned you have a security blanket around the world. You will get your rude awakening soon or later.

GiannaCubana

I’m not apologizing for being funny.
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
67,536 454 667
Alleybux
You are ignorant if you think just because you are light skinned you have a security blanket around the world. You will get your rude awakening soon or later.

I realize I can still experience racism, all I have said is that due to my privilege I have not experienced it yet and will not experience it at the same rate as a dark skin person. Y’all always want light skin people to acknowledge our privilege and then when we do it’s a problem.

5PercentBaby

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
282 7
Alleybux
Switzerland is cool enough for black people, I got lots of homies with baby mamas up there and now they got EU residencies, lol.

I just warn them to remember everyone there has automatic rifles.

Panamanian

Abundance.
Reaction score
Reactions
89,692 5,459 3,941
Alleybux
Europeans are more anti-BM than BW, In that they resemble Asian men when they complain about WM.
It depends on who your dealing with. Immigrants are sometimes more antiblack than white people depending on the country.

Slutbucket

ray j stan
Reaction score
Reactions
16,827 472 101
Alleybux
I definitely agree with fonts who mentioned Morocco, mainly Marrakech and Fez. I was there for 7 days and drove all over the country. The men were super aggressive and I was covered from head to toe in long dresses in an attempt to blend in. Casablanca and Chefchaouen were way better.

The worst was Zanzibar and it hurts too because it was black people. I went with a friend to eat and the waiters basically ignored us. They swarmed around the white people, like flies at a bbq. We left two restaurants there.

Those are the only two that stick out. Majority of my travel experiences have been great and im on my second passport. I miss traveling so much!

Last edited:

O Bryan

80s Himbo
Reaction score
Reactions
45,856 2,869 3,629
Alleybux
The only country I've consistently heard bad things about is Spain tbh.

I honestly feel like people's "bad experiences" are tied to their own bad behavior and not following social mores in new countries. Many countries are not going to be tolerant to the American disposition. And rightfully so. Social media has made this entirely worse.

When in Rome....

MissEdge

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,590 2,690 28
Alleybux
The things people have said on here about Morocco scare me , even though its Africa.

Don’t let it intimidate you. We had the time of our lives!
I follow this lady on tik tok that posts places she’s felt safe and unsafe while traveling black. I have yet to travel somewhere where i didn’t feel safe, but i will say i was thinking of Morocco next, but i hear too many conflicting stories

TikTok

TikTok

Take that trip! I went last year and I’m planning to go back next year.

EastEmpress

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,866 51 13
Alleybux
Africa is a HUGE continent. I would advise you to not paint with a broad stroke.
I know, I’m from Africa lmao. I love my country and the continent in which it resides. I was asking the people above me why they had crossed it off their list of places to travel to.

Cranesinthesky

Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds
Reaction score
Reactions
415,116 15,602 5,029
Alleybux
BEST COUNTRIES:

This is my experience and opinion:

Tanzania - SUPER friendly. Some of the nicest people I've ever met.
Thailand - [used to tourists and people were mostly really nice and appreciated that a black woman was interested in other cyltures]

Bux Heaux

Sprinkle Sprinkle
Reaction score
Reactions
289,111 13,951 8,691
Alleybux
Are you mad I have privilege because I’m light skin and racially ambiguous? I’m not going to get treated the same as a mono-racial dark skin black person. Sorry that upsets you.

I lived in Europe and had no problem. I’ve been to Singapore and Japan and also have had no issues. I’m not worried. I’ve literally never been called the N word a day in my life.
4B56DE96-F9B2-4A7D-ADC0-875D3C5B15D1.jpeg

Nobunaga

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,513 450 58
Alleybux
On the bright side, are there countries one would recommend for a black traveler?
My husband and I (both black) visited Singapore, Thailand, and Indonesia in 2019, and Japan in 2018, all 4 were amazing. Japan and Singapore stood out as very welcoming, we engaged in conversations with locals, explored, people went out of their way to help us, everyone was at least polite if not generous and kind.

Occasionally we caught stares in Thailand and Indonesia, but usually it was out of curiosity. A few people asked for pictures with us. One lady took my picture unsolicited but she was a tourist with a Chinese group, not a local.

The thing that people commented on the most was us being American, and we got A LOT of questions about Donald Trump. In every single country, multiple times smh.

Missnova

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,910 154 101
Alleybux
Wow my sister in law is from Morocco. They all talk about how different and less racist it is there than in the States.
They are the worst in terms of racist. They could share the trophee with chinese and maybe eastern europe. For that reason it's so funny to me when they cry racism from white people. Karma is a B is an instant B guess.

Xxcooxx

Ceecee
Reaction score
Reactions
1,689 49 36
Alleybux
Basically India and Mainland China/Hong Kong/Shanghai, etc.
I went to Hong Kong solo and had an amazing time it’s v metropolitan and everyone sticks tot themselves. Beijing is a different story

also Australians will stare at you like you are a wild beast super racist

gigglesbk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,898 253 29
Alleybux
Out of all the countries I've visited, I'd caution against Spain if you like nightlife. Before I went there, my friend told me, "Be careful 'cause they can be very racist there due to their history." I still went though lol. When I went there, I met a group of people (I travelled solo). Of that group, there was an Asian female and black male couple. We're all in our mid 20s and we just all clicked.

When we got to this one club, the bouncer let all the dusty dressed white men in, let me in (I'm a bw, but I'm admittedly attractive), let the Asian girl in, and he refused to let the black men in our group in. He only let one of the black male in after the Asian girl said, "He's with me." The couple then told me that they've experienced this issue several times in Spain (n)

sounds like chicago lol

Anacaona Taino

I forgot my old tag line...
Reaction score
Reactions
230,364 4,870 1,417
Alleybux
ive only been up and down the east coast of USA and Canada (Toronto, Quebec) and the Caribbean and of all those experiences the only one I would never revisit it Curacoa. just not a nice port for me.

Foreign fonts coming to the US you can really skip the whole state of NJ. Sorry but there is NOTHING there to talk about. Trump still has his money deep in Atlantic City so dont feed that demon.

kirroyale

Wine is fine, but liquor is quicker
Reaction score
Reactions
138,904 5,350 156
Alleybux
Why is Africa a no? I’m just curious. Have y’all had bad experiences visiting?

If you're single, you will be bombarded with marriage proposals for dudes desperate to get to America.

I honestly feel like people's "bad experiences" are tied to their own bad behavior and not following social mores in new countries. Many countries are not going to be tolerant to the American disposition. And rightfully so. Social media has made this entirely worse.

When in Rome....

In Spain in a group with 1 white woman, 2 other black women, 1 of her teenage sons (19, but still a teen) and a man approached my 2 other black friends and her son and propositioned them assuming they were prostitutes and her son was "in charge." No ma'am!!!

Urbest

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,130 11,494 3,304
Alleybux
France was v racist. People clutching their purses when me and my mom walked by. Even the North Africans there would treat us like criminals. When we were on a train from France to Spain the man who checked our passports was quizzing us on how we could possible afford to travel in Europe.
Where in France?

Lilm0mma

buenas noches
Reaction score
Reactions
17,866 328 65
Alleybux
I went to Hong Kong solo and had an amazing time it’s v metropolitan and everyone sticks tot themselves. Beijing is a different story

also Australians will stare at you like you are a wild beast super racist

Was there a lot of black ppl there?

Cupcake09

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,038 2,310 448
Alleybux
I personally had a blast in Portugal. Saw many other black people when I was in Lisbon, everyone was friendly and I didn't get weird vibes from anybody. Very beautiful country too.

Fancypantz222

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,721 305 275
Alleybux
Damn I was trying to go to Italy. What about Greece? I know I heard of a story of a young black guy being murdered over there...

How about Vietnam?

Only been to Da Nang but the were friendly and respectful. The serviced apartment owner and his staff were so nice to me. It was relatively safe and didn't encounter any problems. There were a few black people I saw and they all seemed to enjoy themselves.

gooroo

Sipping tea since 2016
Reaction score
Reactions
87,639 1,970 131
Alleybux
I personally had a blast in Portugal. Saw many other black people when I was in Lisbon, everyone was friendly and I didn't get weird vibes from anybody. Very beautiful country too.
It's on my list. I have a very short list of places in Europe that genuinely interest me.

Nikkinonka

Sweet Like Willy Wonka
Reaction score
Reactions
80,504 2,951 383
Alleybux
Only been to Da Nang but the were friendly and respectful. The serviced apartment owner and his staff were so nice to me. It was relatively safe and didn't encounter any problems. There were a few black people I saw and they all seemed to enjoy themselves.

Da Nang is on my traveling Pinterest board I def want to go now. The Golden Bridge looks so beautiful but I’d probably have a panic attack

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,160 7,428 1,115
Alleybux
China was mentioned multiple times, Vietnam also
then Morocco and Egypt because of annoying men, she said Egyptian men are less threatening though
Italy because they will be double faced, when they think you are African they will be nasty but when they discover you american they will be nice

Vietnam was cool and laid back . The men was nice and respectful to me.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,160 7,428 1,115
Alleybux
I follow this lady on tik tok that posts places she’s felt safe and unsafe while traveling black. I have yet to travel somewhere where i didn’t feel safe, but i will say i was thinking of Morocco next, but i hear too many conflicting stories

TikTok

TikTok

If you are showing any skin in Morocco they will try you.
If you do not have a man in your presence while touring they will try you from my understanding.
But yeah too much off what I heard even not on LSA , I will pass on that one.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,160 7,428 1,115
Alleybux

When in Rome....

Nah, when you get too may of the same comments coming from our race on the same country then there is a great chance you will experience or see it when you visit said country for long enough.

So when I see stuff like this coming from my people in abundance that have traveled there then I proceed with caution and I dont ignore it either. Yes , it will be a deciding factor if I want to go there or not as well because I dont like to spend my coins among folks like that or be around them.

My relative wanted to hit up Italy pre-covid , I was hesitant about going there with some of the racist stuff I have seen BW running into traveling there has posted. So I warned my relative. We did not make that trip cause covid happen so no lost there.

I experience and seen some mess in Spain on multiple occasions so I know some of their azzes got racist and biases tendencies.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,160 7,428 1,115
Alleybux
Damn I was trying to go to Italy. What about Greece? I know I heard of a story of a young black guy being murdered over there...

How about Vietnam?

Vietnam is good . I had fun . I wanted to go back but then covid happen. I have a thread on LSA somewhere , I posted a yr ago

It is dirt cheap . Learn basic --- hello - thank you -- goodbye ---how much?

The locals are mad cool . Strangely it felt like family . lol

They got damn good food so come with an appetite cause they be eating good.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,160 7,428 1,115
Alleybux
Generelly females should avoid traveling solo to developing countries and visiting poor areas (favelas, etc.). Also, I'd never visit India.

Yeah , I would not either . But guess who did
Auntie Oprah some yrs back. I will just live through her experience as I dont need to go there.

art goddess

pondy is the coolest
Reaction score
Reactions
40,095 1,452 410
Alleybux
My mother’s family is from Greece and I still have some family in Thessaloniki. Greek’s view of Black folks is pretty basic. If you dressed nicely and look polished they just assume you are American. So it’s racist in a sense how they view Africans but otherwise it’s very safe for Black travellers. You won’t get harassed or get weird comments.

on the other hand unless you are travelling to Izmir, Istanbul or one of the Southern beaches in Turkey. I’d advice against it.
Turkey with current government is very racist and genuinely dangerous for any foreigner unless they are visiting the places I’ve mentioned above.

How about Vietnam?

MissEdge

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,590 2,690 28
Alleybux
Vietnam is good . I had fun . I wanted to go back but then covid happen. I have a thread on LSA somewhere , I posted a yr ago

It is dirt cheap . Learn basic --- hello - thank you -- goodbye ---how much?

The locals are mad cool . Strangely it felt like family . lol

They got damn good food so come with an appetite cause they be eating good.

Where should we go? De Nang?