Quantcast

Would Anyone One Want To Join A Maladaptive Daydreaming Group?

thefuture

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,761 4,040 2,522
Alleybux
I have this issue. I would like to be added but groups don't last long for some reason for the most part. Idk.

Lalitha

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,174 59 3
Alleybux
Oh wow, I didn't know this was so common! I've dealt with this since I was like 9. I'd like to join

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,319 4,977 407
Alleybux
As an outsider, i have a question that i'm curious about!

In your daydreams, do you dream about everything you've wanted in life? Are your dreams stress-free or do you allow for barriers to happen like what happens in real life, i.e. irl things happen and you overcome it to get to whatever etc.

A Hiromi May

The Daydreamer
Reaction score
Reactions
51,192 624 51
Alleybux
I was in the process of making a thread for maladaptive daydreaming when yours and few others popped up. I'd like to be added.

Oh, and here is the video that I was going to share:

BasicInstinct

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
646 3 11
Alleybux
If it’s not too full. I would love to be added. I have been dealing with MADD since I was a child. I’ve lost YEARS of my life to it but I’ve been in therapy for 1.5 years and slowly I’ve been doing it less and less ❤️
Did you bring it up to your therapist or did your therapist mention it to you?

Observe

Hit da Gas, and be outti 5 on dey azz
Reaction score
Reactions
22,293 7,222 4,795
Alleybux
Didn’t know about this , I think that a lot of us diagnosed are highly creative so our imaginations run wild , reason why we have delusions when having episodes. I would like to join the group to learn more

louisianaCREOLE

IG @louisianacreole
Reaction score
Reactions
19,039 536 216
Alleybux
I heard of the disorder before and knew I had it, but only realized recently that there is a community out there. I was thinking of creating a group to discuss things with other fonts who are mdd. There'a good sub reddit on this but I know alot of people here don't like reddit.

I might make another post in the Mental health forum too.
Please add me

Baba Tundai

Conversing with whatever lives under your wig.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,571 335 109
Alleybux
I heard of the disorder before and knew I had it, but only realized recently that there is a community out there. I was thinking of creating a group to discuss things with other fonts who are mdd. There'a good sub reddit on this but I know alot of people here don't like reddit.

I might make another post in the Mental health forum too.

Miss NiceNastay

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
68,797 3,089 672
Alleybux
Before the 'updates' there was already a group.

I know because I was a member, lol.

Does anyone really want help with this 'disorder' or do some of you want to stay with it? I swear, my daydreams help me cope with my reality and I don't want to let them go.

Miss NiceNastay

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
68,797 3,089 672
Alleybux

In your daydreams, do you dream about everything you've wanted in life? Are your dreams stress-free or do you allow for barriers to happen like what happens in real life, i.e. irl things happen and you overcome it to get to whatever etc.

Yes, I daydream about everything I wanted in life. Some of what I daydream about is so basic, like, having a close family.

At times, my daydreams are stress free, but then I make myself have a small amount of drama in them so they can seem realistic; however, the drama is short lived and always works itself out, kinda like a tv sitcom.

I guess I make them realistic at times in the hopes that it might become reality.

Demimonde

LOVE
Reaction score
Reactions
41,901 727 724
Alleybux
Before the 'updates' there was already a group.

I know because I was a member, lol.

Does anyone really want help with this 'disorder' or do some of you want to stay with it? I swear, my daydreams help me cope with my reality and I don't want to let them go.
My daydreams would go away if they were to happen in my life. My daydreams aren't so unrealistic and outlandish that they're impossible to achieve. I daydream about the things most people seem to have, which are relationships and fun experiences. But some things that most people have, I don't have them. So I'll continue to day dream.

Demimonde

LOVE
Reaction score
Reactions
41,901 727 724
Alleybux

I mostly dream about everything that I've wanted in life so they're stress-free for the most part. Sometimes my daydreams are like movies so I'll create some stress and barriers that I would have to overcome. Those are just for fun really lol. But I mainly daydream about what I wish I had in my life.

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,319 4,977 407
Alleybux
Yes, I daydream about everything I wanted in life. Some of what I daydream about is so basic, like, having a close family.

At times, my daydreams are stress free, but then I make myself have a small amount of drama in them so they can seem realistic; however, the drama is short lived and always works itself out, kinda like a tv sitcom.

I guess I make them realistic at times in the hopes that it might become reality.

I mostly dream about everything that I've wanted in life so they're stress-free for the most part. Sometimes my daydreams are like movies so I'll create some stress and barriers that I would have to overcome. Those are just for fun really lol. But I mainly daydream about what I wish I had in my life.

Thank you both for sharing and helping me understand what one goes through. I know each circumstance is unique, but I've always been curious. I hope both of you are doing well and that the best parts of your dreams come true. :)

kay234

Rookie
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
321 41 36
Alleybux
Add me please. I spend way too much time daydreaming about the life I want. I want to live in LA and to be a youtuber with over a million subscribers. I also want a rad social life with 4 close female friends a couple of cool female associates. I also want a nice husband and to live in a nice modern home with a brand new Tesla. Since I doubt I will be getting what I want anytime soon, that's why I spend my time daydreaming.