Quantcast

Would you date someone your friend or family member used to date?

PoopsieD

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
97,449 2,841 151
Alleybux
Honestly it depends.
If by dating that means they only went out and never had xes I don't see the problem. I have a cousin my age and she dated someone that I previously went out with. She asked me was it okay and I didn't have an issue with it.

SherrieLavish

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Not never. It's an unspoken rule for me.

I had a home girl once ask for my blessing to talk to a guy I used to date. I was cool with it because he and I weren't never that serious but had that been a guy I loved, it would've been a NO. I feel like if you are truly my friend, why would you want the same guy? Like, I'd question if you were secretly wanting him while we were together. Huge trust issue for me.

I have another friend who dated her guy for 2 years then they broke up. Months later another one of our friends starts dating him. The rest of our group always side eyes this couple when they come around. To make a long story short, they are now married with 3 kids. The friendship between the two friends has never been the same.

just11412

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
179,172 3,085 528
Alleybux
i would never do it like i said and i dont think my closest friends would do it (i would hope not because then i would have to reevaluate and remove people).

however, i was always concerned about people i'm cool with but not that close with getting with someone i was once with. like i have 3 close core friends. but i also have friends who we've know each other since we were kids and we try to get together a few times a year since we went to the same schools just to keep that bond. but we are not close close like how i am with my 3 core friends.

i always worry about showing up to a function that one of them shows up with one of my exes. of course i have to control my feelings because i dont want that dude anymore and me that school friend aren't as close (even though we do meet up as a group every so often). or what if one of my close core friend's family member's who we hang with starts dating an ex of mine. that's awkward. that is what i worry more about honestly. luckily so far that hasn't happened either but it almost did and it was with a guy i still kind of will always have feeling for.