Would you ever break the 10 commandments if it conflicts?

What should you do? 3rd world scenario!

• that’s not stealing anyway ‘steal from dumpster for starving child’

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Follow the Ten Commandments no matter what! It’s in God’s hands. ‘Let child starve’

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This shouldn’t be a question.

• NA

• Either choice is not a sin in this scenario. That’s not killing nor stealing too in that scenario.

• Dumpster where? 10 commandments who?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Ms. Salarywoman
Reactions
93,610 7,678 3,911
Alleybux
ten-commandments.jpg
For example thou shall not kill and thou shall not steal. Hypothetical scenario - You’re in a third world country. You have a child on the brink of death of starvation. If you don’t feed your child, then your child dies on your hands. You know a restaurant throws away all its food in dumpster, but you don’t want to steal from the restaurant’s dumpster.

But you don’t want to break one of the commandments “thou shall not steal”.

But you would had hypothetically starve your child despite there being a solution, by following the 10 commandments.

what should you do?

Last edited:
Reactions
166,289 5,098 7,077
Alleybux
People break the 10 commandments every day.
The majority of people don't believe in that 10 Commandments stuff anyway.

Only a idiot would allow their kid to starve because they're worried about some stupid commandment!

Reactions
8,813 259 269
Alleybux
For example thou shall not kill and thou shall not steal. Hypothetical scenario - You’re in a third world country. You have a child on the brink of death of starvation. If you don’t feed your child, then your child dies on your hands. You know a restaurant throws away all its food in dumpster, but you don’t want to steal from the restaurant’s dumpster.

But you don’t want to break one of the commandments “thou shall not steal”.

But you would had hypothetically starve your child despite there being a solution, by following the 10 commandments.

what should you do?

Why don't you start with the original version of the commandments and not the Catholic one? You do know they changed them, right?

They removed the second about idolatry to make their worship of statues, Mary and other "saints" OK; they split the 10th into two; they changed the 4th (7th say Sabbath) to Sunday and removed any further mentions of the 7th day.

Start with the real thing cuz this ain't it.

HayleyDFischer
Reactions
14,341 367 883
Alleybux
Why don't you start with the original version of the commandments and not the Catholic one? You do know they changed them, right?

They removed the second about idolatry to make their worship of statues, Mary and other "saints" OK; they split the 10th into two; they changed the 4th (7th say Sabbath) to Sunday and removed any further mentions of the 7th day.

I see where you are coming from, and I agree, the catholic church ( and many many other churches) have their flaws, but the catholic church use the bible and the commandments are in there (Exodus 201:1-17).
Now if catholics don't even read their bible, that's a personal issue.

What Op posted is probably just something she found on google image.

Ms. Salarywoman
Reactions
93,610 7,678 3,911
Alleybux

Thanks

Obeah Woman
Reactions
221,481 2,398 632
Alleybux
The Bible covers many ethical issues so we don't have to live by hypotheticals. We are given examples of what to do. Read about Elijah and the Widow in 1 Kings 17 and the Widow and Elisha in 2 Kings 4.

The 10 Commandments are summarized by Jesus into 2 commandments. It's simplified. So a believer would already know that God will supply all their needs and that since the birds & bees have food, by faith so will their child.

And I'm a sinner so I definitely have broken the commandments. Thankfully I live under grace because just like the Israelites I would fail to keep those more than 600 Mosaic Laws.

Reactions
8,813 259 269
Alleybux
I see where you are coming from, and I agree, the catholic church ( and many many other churches) have their flaws, but the catholic church use the bible and the commandments are in there (Exodus 201:1-17).
Now if catholics don't even read their bible, that's a personal issue.

What Op posted is probably just something she found on google image.

If you mean their version of the 10 commandments, that's one thing—it's not the original. And yes, she probably got it online. My point is, they had not authority to change anything, so up theirs and go with the original.

Celebrity News

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Remember Angel Love from season 5 of Basketball Wives LA?
Any tea on who the baby daddy is? I was about to say isnt this the one who has a baby from Derrick Jaxn??
JT has some words for Brittany, calls her a homeless *** helper.
I’m looking a this tiny jewel headed man and I don’t get it. It just proves the power of the mind and words must be amazing.
Jayde Kamille Robinson, Averi Nicole, Kerry and Francis Garner: #garnergang antics
That boy almost as big as Averi Imagine this thing panting and grunting and dripping sweat on top of you while resting his lazy stomach on yours...
Official Aaliyah Jay Thread Part 2
Y'all, where he going??? It ain't safe too fly Soo close too your due date! And idc, his luggage tacky as hell! I know it's name brand or some...
The Flash brings Jessica Parker Kennedy back for 150th episode
I missed Nora. She was okay once she got over her issues with Iris. As for Nora being erased from the timeline, I’m sure the writers will give...
Cashier Arrested After Hitting Disruptive Customer With A Full Wine Bottle
I guess he don't fight. He don't argue... he just hit that bish with a bottle! lol that song popped in my head when I saw this thread title pop...
The Masculinization of the Black Woman in America
I've never been mistaken for a man before but it was hurtful growing up when people say I resembled my dad who looks very masculine. I've made...
Black man has a “slavery” and “segregation” themed graduation photoshoot.....
I'm sure he is the type to engage in race play with a white woman. White man too possibly. Black men are bisexual he got the bussy ready for massa.
Top Bottom