Quantcast

Would you ever break the 10 commandments if it conflicts?

What should you do? 3rd world scenario!

• that’s not stealing anyway ‘steal from dumpster for starving child’

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Follow the Ten Commandments no matter what! It’s in God’s hands. ‘Let child starve’

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This shouldn’t be a question.

• NA

• Either choice is not a sin in this scenario. That’s not killing nor stealing too in that scenario.

• Dumpster where? 10 commandments who?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,820 21,299 10,690
Alleybux
ten-commandments.jpg
For example thou shall not kill and thou shall not steal. Hypothetical scenario - You’re in a third world country. You have a child on the brink of death of starvation. If you don’t feed your child, then your child dies on your hands. You know a restaurant throws away all its food in dumpster, but you don’t want to steal from the restaurant’s dumpster.

But you don’t want to break one of the commandments “thou shall not steal”.

But you would had hypothetically starve your child despite there being a solution, by following the 10 commandments.

what should you do?

Last edited:

ZeeZeeblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
350,600 16,562 14,660
Alleybux
People break the 10 commandments every day.
The majority of people don't believe in that 10 Commandments stuff anyway.

Only a idiot would allow their kid to starve because they're worried about some stupid commandment!

Wirter_13

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,020 361 346
Alleybux
For example thou shall not kill and thou shall not steal. Hypothetical scenario - You’re in a third world country. You have a child on the brink of death of starvation. If you don’t feed your child, then your child dies on your hands. You know a restaurant throws away all its food in dumpster, but you don’t want to steal from the restaurant’s dumpster.

But you don’t want to break one of the commandments “thou shall not steal”.

But you would had hypothetically starve your child despite there being a solution, by following the 10 commandments.

what should you do?

Why don't you start with the original version of the commandments and not the Catholic one? You do know they changed them, right?

They removed the second about idolatry to make their worship of statues, Mary and other "saints" OK; they split the 10th into two; they changed the 4th (7th say Sabbath) to Sunday and removed any further mentions of the 7th day.

Start with the real thing cuz this ain't it.

HayleySmith

HayleyDFischer
Reaction score
Reactions
22,363 1,305 2,290
Alleybux
Why don't you start with the original version of the commandments and not the Catholic one? You do know they changed them, right?

They removed the second about idolatry to make their worship of statues, Mary and other "saints" OK; they split the 10th into two; they changed the 4th (7th say Sabbath) to Sunday and removed any further mentions of the 7th day.

I see where you are coming from, and I agree, the catholic church ( and many many other churches) have their flaws, but the catholic church use the bible and the commandments are in there (Exodus 201:1-17).
Now if catholics don't even read their bible, that's a personal issue.

What Op posted is probably just something she found on google image.

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,820 21,299 10,690
Alleybux

Thanks

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,649 13,178 1,857
Alleybux
The Bible covers many ethical issues so we don't have to live by hypotheticals. We are given examples of what to do. Read about Elijah and the Widow in 1 Kings 17 and the Widow and Elisha in 2 Kings 4.

The 10 Commandments are summarized by Jesus into 2 commandments. It's simplified. So a believer would already know that God will supply all their needs and that since the birds & bees have food, by faith so will their child.

And I'm a sinner so I definitely have broken the commandments. Thankfully I live under grace because just like the Israelites I would fail to keep those more than 600 Mosaic Laws.

Wirter_13

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,020 361 346
Alleybux
I see where you are coming from, and I agree, the catholic church ( and many many other churches) have their flaws, but the catholic church use the bible and the commandments are in there (Exodus 201:1-17).
Now if catholics don't even read their bible, that's a personal issue.

What Op posted is probably just something she found on google image.

If you mean their version of the 10 commandments, that's one thing—it's not the original. And yes, she probably got it online. My point is, they had not authority to change anything, so up theirs and go with the original.