Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

Would you forgive your brother if he cussed you out?

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
Well would you?

My brother cussed me out on Christmas Eve (so much for that being a special family day) over some bµllsh!t (see the What is your MAN DOWN "Holiday Season" Situation? thread). Would you get over it because he's your "family" or cut him out of your life? If he wasn't a relative I wouldn't even be asking this question....

Tabatha ATL

<span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span st
Reaction score
Reactions
1,760 4 2
Alleybux
It depends. Is he on drugs? Is he always causing trouble? Does he disrespect you and your other family members? Is he known for being a dead beat? Has he broken up a prior relationship of yours? Does he live with you? If all the answers to these ???s are yes then you should put his ass in his place some kinfolk just need to be far away from everyone else, some times they are always on some bµllsh!t and need to be put in check but I think it's more to this story. What did you do? Did you cuss him back?

annonimityrocks

Flewed Out Airlines
Reaction score
Reactions
19,293 387 183
Alleybux
Code 10-man down!

My brother has sursed me out but I can't allow a few words or heated moments to sever family ties.

Now spell on backwards.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
My brother is gone and we never argued as we got older...but my sister on the other hand, she is a piece of work at times. She even kicked me out of her house once and did not feel bad about it at all. I've had to get over a ton of sh!t she had done to me being nasty and rude. But what can you do? You got to forgive your siblings cuz they are all you got. Now, if they are continually abusive and negative, I'd forgive them and stay away from them.

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
It depends. Is he on drugs? Is he always causing trouble? Does he disrespect you and your other family members? Is he known for being a dead beat? Has he broken up a prior relationship of yours? Does he live with you? If all the answers to these ???s are yes then you should put his ass in his place some kinfolk just need to be far away from everyone else, some times they are always on some bµllsh!t and need to be put in check but I think it's more to this story. What did you do? Did you cuss him back?

He is the common denominator in all sibling arguments. I have three other brothers and a sister and they have all had arguments with him. One time he and another brother got into a fist fight (ghetto asses). Anyway, he cussed me in front of my mom and dad like it was no big deal. When he said fukk you I said same to you! What was I suppsed to do sit there and take it like a punk (my mother seems to think so)? I wouldn't call him a deadbeat. He does just enough so that nobody will call him out but if you really need him to go above and beyond he won't do it unless he's getting something out of it. (He's not on drugs and he doesn't live with me.)

Wynnie Da OG

Wynnie Da OG
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
81,450 32 78
Alleybux
unless he is not a thoroughly repulsive human... whats the big deal... lick your wounds and move on... dont make him think he can constantly do it and get your respect but... if he just lost his temper then ... let it go.

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
Code 10-man down!

My brother has sursed me out but I can't allow a few words or heated moments to sever family ties.

Now spell on backwards.
hmmmm.... family just ain't what it used to be. i don't think family should go so low as to cuss each other... specially not in front of ma and pa.

eta: although we were screaming at each other i would have never thought to cuss him.

tizzy1

<span style="font-style: italic;"><span style="fon
Reaction score
Reactions
7,955 1 3
Alleybux
It depends...I can hold a grudge. But then again they are family and at work I handle deaths when I review the chart the doctor sends down some people don't have no one in their lives and the city have to bury them...so I think about what if I don't have anyone in my life? like my family or close friends.

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
My brother is gone and we never argued as we got older...but my sister on the other hand, she is a piece of work at times. She even kicked me out of her house once and did not feel bad about it at all. I've had to get over a ton of sh!t she had done to me being nasty and rude. But what can you do? You got to forgive your siblings cuz they are all you got. Now, if they are continually abusive and negative, I'd forgive them and stay away from them.
tis true. i think about what it will be like when my parents are gone... i'm not sure i'll have anybody cause my brothers... they really ain't bout sh!t. my sister is pretty young... the brother i had the argument with is the one i was closest to which is why it's bothering me so much plus i'd never do that to him (not to his face anyway).

GirlieBe

<span style="font-weight: bold;font-style: italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
11,357 41 3
Alleybux
Well would you?

Would you get over it because he's your "family" or cut him out of your life? If he wasn't a relative I wouldn't even be asking this question....

i'd get over it cos life is too short.

InthaHouse

Reaction score
Reactions
14,111 20 18
Alleybux
Yes, forgive him but let him know he's acting like a Bish. Some people just don't think cussing people out is a big deal. That is their way of communication. Hell, I have been cussed out over little things. Is it right? No, but you can't always cuss his ass right back out. Afterwards give each a hug and tell him not to disrespect you again or you will cut his manhood off. He will understand :Banane38: :laugh:

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
It depends...I can hold a grudge. But then again they are family and at work I handle deaths when I review the chart the doctor sends down some people don't have no one in their lives and the city have to bury them...so I think about what if I don't have anyone in my life? like my family or close friends.

can't i hire someone to bury me?
i kid.
i can hold a grudge too.... for a looooonnnngggg time.

Reaction score
Reactions
842 2
Alleybux
naw....let it go.

family is forever so let it ride. i mean just cuss him back out via text or something....

i'd personally be like "I'm TELLIN!!!!!!"========>Oooooo you in trouble!

InthaHouse

Reaction score
Reactions
14,111 20 18
Alleybux
How many brothers do you have? Can you afford to get rid of his ass?
Are you willing to cause family tension over a mutual cuss out? Is it worth it? Ask yourself these questions before a decision.

InthaHouse

Reaction score
Reactions
14,111 20 18
Alleybux
can't i hire someone to bury me?
i kid.
i can hold a grudge too.... for a looooonnnngggg time.

Me too, I still hate this b!tch from when I was 16..lol
but I could never hold a grudge against my brothers or sister. I love them too much:love:

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
How many brothers do you have? Can you afford to get rid of his ass?
Are you willing to cause family tension over a mutual cuss out? Is it worth it? Ask yourself these questions before a decision.
i have 3. and the other two are worse. for instance, the oldest is a lying, former dope head and the second oldest is a woman beater. i've been asking myself if it's worth it to deal with such negative fukks.

annonimityrocks

Flewed Out Airlines
Reaction score
Reactions
19,293 387 183
Alleybux
hmmmm.... family just ain't what it used to be. i don't think family should go so low as to cuss each other... specially not in front of ma and pa.

eta: although we were screaming at each other i would have never thought to cuss him.

Family will awlays be the ties that binds. Obviously you are very upset about the incident. Of course family shouldn't spend the holiday cursing each other out. But peace on earth would be nice as well. It seems that the ones who hurt you the most are those that you love the most. With that said, I ask you to think of next Christmas. How important is it to spend the holiday with your brother with no hard feelings?:peace::peace::peace:

...I should have edited to spell cursed correctly

Mz. Haze

<span style="color: pink;"><span style="color: pin
Reaction score
Reactions
10,095 2 5
Alleybux
My brother cussed me out, I broke his nose, he had me in headlock for half an hour.. But we're still cool... Thats your brother, you guys will be cool, just let the situation die down

Locs

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Let it go. Tell him that if he does it again it's on & then keep it movin. No need to cut family ties over words.

kimlee

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,471 1
Alleybux
thanks for the reminder....

**calls brother to cuss him out for getting smart with me the other day**

sammy faye C

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
25,487 35 25
Alleybux
are you serious? if you can't depend on family to NOT cuss you out then who can you? i mean i expect a niggum on the street to be sh!tty but not fam.

I am serious as a heart attack. I do not know of any family where there has not been a major cuss out or fist fight even. Nobody stays mad (except my aunt which is another story. Your family will always treat you shitter than anyone on the street.

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
My brother cussed me out, I broke his nose, he had me in headlock for half an hour.. But we're still cool... Thats your brother, you guys will be cool, just let the situation die down
wow!
it will probably take a while for this one to die down.

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
I am serious as a heart attack. I do not know of any family where there has not been a major cuss out or fist fight even. Nobody stays mad (except my aunt which is another story. Your family will always treat you shitter than anyone on the street.
well then where am i supposed to go when i want some peace, love and happiness? sheesh.

Elzzip

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
15,948 9 17
Alleybux
Well would you?

My brother cussed me out on Christmas Eve (so much for that being a special family day) over some bµllsh!t (see the What is your MAN DOWN "Holiday Season" Situation? thread). Would you get over it because he's your "family" or cut him out of your life? If he wasn't a relative I wouldn't even be asking this question....

I'm not sure what the question is, or even if this should be a question.

If your pride, ego, self-worth, self-confidence, self-respect, self-love, are affect so much so that you have to even QUESTION on whether or not to forgive your BROTHER...

...the problem is with you, and not him.

Pfft........FAMILY are the onest you can't argue, fight, curse, out with...and ALWAYS expect that "oh well........pass the chicken" and it be done. All the fights and arguments I've had with my family......shoooooooooooooot

PaRrIs

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
I'm not sure what the question is, or even if this should be a question.

If your pride, ego, self-worth, self-confidence, self-respect, self-love, are affect so much so that you have to even QUESTION on whether or not to forgive your BROTHER...

...the problem is with you, and not him.

Pfft........FAMILY are the onest you can't argue, fight, curse, out with...and ALWAYS expect that "oh well........pass the chicken" and it be done. All the fights and arguments I've had with my family......shoooooooooooooot

PaRrIs
not really. if it was only me that he had arguments with then i'd say maybe but he's always into it with someone. just because we came out the same person doesn't give a person the right to say what they want. there is a way to get your point across without taking it there. arguments are to be expected but there is a line that one should not cross especially if it's family.

Ixis

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Just let it go, life is too short.

Elzzip

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
15,948 9 17
Alleybux
not really. if it was only me that he had arguments with then i'd say maybe but he's always into it with someone. just because we came out the same person doesn't give a person the right to say what they want. there is a way to get your point across without taking it there. arguments are to be expected but there is a line that one should not cross especially if it's family.

meh,

I disagree....my tolerance for my family is EXTREMELY HIGH.....I had a younger brother, (I am 5 of nine) steal and wreck my car.

Pissed off, upset, a few punches in the left eye...but there was no question on whether or not I have going to "forgive" him.

if being "cursed at" is your line that should not be crossed with your brother, your family....

....then yes, the real problem is with you.

PaRrIs

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,468 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
I think it depends on the situation.....is he constantly abusive?? Were you both saying heated words??
If he's just a disrespectful bastard all the time you may just need to cut him out either forever or just until you're ready to see him or talk to him...being "family" doesn't mean you are all you have so that you need to put up with all kinds of abusive sh!t they put out. Siblings are not, I'm going to be respected or your ass won't be in my life.
People get away with doing way too much sh!t under the idea of being "family". I"m not for that sh!t at all and we all have limits.

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
meh,

I disagree....my tolerance for my family is EXTREMELY HIGH.....I had a younger brother, (I am 5 of nine) steal and wreck my car.

Pissed off, upset, a few punches in the left eye...but there was no question on whether or not I have going to "forgive" him.

if being "cursed at" is your line that should not be crossed with your brother, your family....

....then yes, the real problem is with you.

PaRrIs
when someone cusses a person it is a sign of disrespect. how can you call yourself my family if you feel that you can disrespect me (and not just me but my mother and father) over something you did wrong. the fact that my tolerance for mistreatment (by anyone including family) is low is not a sign that i have a problem, it is a sign that i have high standards in terms of how i will allow other people to treat me.

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
I think it depends on the situation.....is he constantly abusive?? Were you both saying heated words??
If he's just a disrespectful bastard all the time you may just need to cut him out either forever or just until you're ready to see him or talk to him...being "family" doesn't mean you are all you have so that you need to put up with all kinds of abusive sh!t they put out. Siblings are not, I'm going to be respected or your ass won't be in my life.
People get away with doing way too much sh!t under the idea of being "family". I"m not for that sh!t at all and we all have limits.
it was a heated conversation and we were pretty much screaming at each other. i wouldn't say he's constantly abusive... we generally get along. i just can't be dealing with someone saying that type of stuff to me on a regular basis and i'm wondering if this is how he will continue to behave since nobody (except for me) made a big deal about it.

Carmella~~

When you least expect it
Reaction score
Reactions
14,618 2 3
Alleybux
PSst... I have 11 older brothers.. I've called them all kinds of b!tch ass ******, they've called me all kinds of spoiled ass tricks, I've set their legs on fire, they've hit me with shoes.. but that's still family.. All that sh!t will happen and we'll be cool as the other side of the pillow the next day... our family gatherings ain't complete without a good cuss out... but I guess that's just my family, we're thick as hell, I've seen my brothers stomp many a ***** out over me, with them KNOWING I was as WRONG AS I COULD BE.... nothing or nobody comes in between family..

orchidsinyellow

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,073 953 164
Alleybux
PSst... I have 11 older brothers.. I've called them all kinds of b!tch ass ******, they've called me all kinds of spoiled ass tricks, I've set their legs on fire, they've hit me with shoes.. but that's still family.. All that sh!t will happen and we'll be cool as the other side of the pillow the next day... our family gatherings ain't complete without a good cuss out... but I guess that's just my family, we're thick as hell, I've seen my brothers stomp many a ***** out over me, with them KNOWING I was as WRONG AS I COULD BE.... nothing or nobody comes in between family..

that's really sweet. i envy you. i cannot say that my brothers would jump on any niggrum for me. luckily they haven't had to but if they did i honestly don't think they would. oh well 'tis life....

TheTicket

Ten Steps Ahead
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
45,820 18 14
Alleybux
Let it go...

Forgive & Forget...

Not SIMPLY because he's your brother, but because you're better than this situation...