Quantcast

WWE Fans: Trish Stratus is not the GOAT

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,515 12,954 2,132
Alleybux
This was how many of the women wrestled against Trish back the day, she was small and she had no technical skill. Gail Kim was small but she wrestler circles around Trish and same thing goes for Jacqueline who was smaller than Trish was tougher and can wrestle circles over her. Trish was overrated what she was good at was taking bumps. She only had a couple of moves. Trish needed other women to guide her in the ring.

Charlotte Flair, I would make a case as a potential GOAT despite her name, she is talented in the ring, good storyteller and she is a natural athlete.

Agreed, I don’t even watch wrestling, but I saw Charlotte on YouTube and I was shocked. Charlotte is very talented. And idk why people get salty when people like me and you say Trish wasn’t that good , she truly wasn’t and I still don’t see the hype. She was overrated in looks too. Stacey Keibler was the most prettiest blonde. She was a natural beauty. Too bad she couldn’t wrestle.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,730 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
This was how many of the women wrestled against Trish back the day, she was small and she had no technical skill. Gail Kim was small but she wrestler circles around Trish and same thing goes for Jacqueline who was smaller than Trish was tougher and can wrestle circles over her. Trish was overrated what she was good at was taking bumps. She only had a couple of moves. Trish needed other women to guide her in the ring.

Charlotte Flair, I would make a case as a potential GOAT despite her name, she is talented in the ring, good storyteller and she is a natural athlete.
Oh I agree the other ladies CARRIED Trish. Remember that match with her and Jackie(rookie) it was horrible.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Agreed, I don’t even watch wrestling, but I saw Charlotte on YouTube and I was shocked. Charlotte is very talented. And idk why people get salty when people like me and you say Trish wasn’t that good , she truly wasn’t and I still don’t see the hype. She was overrated in looks too. Stacey Keibler was the most prettiest blonde. She was a natural beauty. Too bad she couldn’t wrestle.

Cause she made guys wet based on her xes appeal. Trish never spoke to me as a young girl watching wrestling. I was more pro-Lita and Lita was always more popular than Trish.

I also liked Jazz and Victoria.

WWE played revisionist history but history has shown that Lita is still more popular and respected.

In terms of looks Trish's look was not natural she had plastic surgery to look like that, the most natural beauty of the blondes was Stacey Keibler. Even X-Pac admitted that Stacey was the prettiest blonde in the locker room.

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,515 12,954 2,132
Alleybux
Yup embarassing!!

Let's not forget her match against Christy Hemme that was a laughing stock.

The one at WrestleMania? Yeah that was HORRIBLE! She couldn't carry her nor Jackie Gayda. If you remember how terrible Sable was, Luna carried that match at Wrestlemania 14, she made Sable look like a damn pro, her timing was perfect and Jackie Moore also made Sable look good. That just showed how GOOD Luna and Jackie were.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
The one at WrestleMania? Yeah that was HORRIBLE! She couldn't carry her nor Jackie Gayda. If you remember how terrible Sable was, Luna carried that match at Wrestlemania 14, she made Sable look like a damn pro, her timing was perfect and Jackie Moore also made Sable look good. That just showed how GOOD Luna and Jackie were.

Exactly and eventually fans got tired of the models, they wore down the division.

I am tired of Carmella and Lana.

There's a reason why whenever both Trish and Lita come back its always Lita who gets the bigger cheers.

People know who the real pioneer was and she was the rock star.

Stephanie McMahon is low key more a fan of Lita than Trish.

Lita's legacy has looked and aged better.

Monika Mann

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,366 5,447 1,451
Alleybux
Cause she made guys wet based on her xes appeal. Trish never spoke to me as a young girl watching wrestling. I was more pro-Lita and Lita was always more popular than Trish.

I also liked Jazz and Victoria.

WWE played revisionist history but history has shown that Lita is still more popular and respected.

In terms of looks Trish's look was not natural she had plastic surgery to look like that, the most natural beauty of the blondes was Stacey Keibler. Even X-Pac admitted that Stacey was the prettiest blonde in the locker room.
I always thought that Torrie Wilson was the prettiest blonde.

IceyDiamonds

kofi's wife
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,046 444 887
Alleybux
she made it because of her looks, she couldn't touch luna, ivory, jazz,jackie or chyna period.

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,906 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
Obviously Jazz, Victoria, Jacqueline, Gail, Michelle, Molly etc were obviously better (in ring) performers but Trish had the it factor.
Same way I think HBK is the goat male WWE wrestler.
This...Trush is Hogan/Cena of women. Overrated but catered to the racist audience Vince panders too. Like SCSA.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Trisha is a legend idk about goat though. She there in the right place at the right time. That’s the way I see it, Lita is more legendary and as well as the Goat.

I think Lita's legacy has aged better than Trish, if you look in full retrospect. A lot of the female wrestlers today have gotten their influence, flair and individuality from Lita.

Before hand women in wrestling were not doing moonsaults, hurricaranas or taking risks in the ring.

Now you see women pushing the edge in wrestling cause of Lita.

That is why I think Lita is more a GOAT then Trish.

What has Trish really revolutonized, she was in good place, right time and her looks helped her. Women were already doing hardcore matches while Trish was still eye candy.
Women were already taking heavy bumps from the men before Trish. Trish needed Lita to elevate her it was Lita who was over and Lita who main evented before Trish became something in the ring.

Lita got the fans heart

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,515 12,954 2,132
Alleybux
I think Lita's legacy has aged better than Trish, if you look in full retrospect. A lot of the female wrestlers today have gotten their influence, flair and individuality from Lita.

Before hand women in wrestling were not doing moonsaults, hurricaranas or taking risks in the ring.

What has Trish really revolutonized, she was in good place, right time and her looks helped her. Women were already doing hardcore matches while Trish was still eye candy.
Women were already taking heavy bumps from the men before Trish. Trish needed Lita to elevate her it was Lita who was over and Lita who main evented before Trish became something in the ring.

Lita got the fans heart

I love JR but he’s full of sh!t. He said he hired Trish because of her look, basically saying she resembled Pam Anderson. She’s NOT the best in the ring yes she improved but the best? Not even close. Chynas look was different she debuted in an era of Sable, sunny, and Marlena so she stood out.

And they SHOULD have negotiated Chyna’s pay. There’s NO reason why she shouldn’t have been paid a million a year. She was over, had playboy gig and was breaking into mainstream. They offered her 400,000 a year. One of their top female draws people loved Chyna. She believed she shoulda been paid what stone cold was paid. She knew her worth.

Kano1987

LSA OG Fav! 2009 til infinity
Reaction score
Reactions
328,401 12,236 7,482
Alleybux
Why you mad though
tenor.gif
Queen!!!

Kano1987

LSA OG Fav! 2009 til infinity
Reaction score
Reactions
328,401 12,236 7,482
Alleybux
Trish is queen!

You know show is greatness when are ALWAYS BEING MADE ABOUT HER!

HER IMPACT IS REAL!

Diana Hunter

戴安娜·亨特
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
412,516 20,199 4,942
Alleybux
I agree I never got her hype. She wasn't that pretty. Lita and Mickie James were my favorites from that era.

SunkissedBri

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,211 772 1,013
Alleybux
I 1000% AGREE!!! Trish is the most overrated female wrestler ever! The only reason people like trish, stacey keibler, torrie wilson, sable etc...got in the wwe, is bc of their looks, which she ain't even all that. Nice body but she had a basic face & she aged like a banana. She has no personality, wrestling, mic or acting skills but she had support, due to not only her "looks" but bc she's canadian & canadians love wrestling. They were basically just giving trish the wwe women's title bc she was popular. Jackie, victoria, lita, jazz, chyna, tori etc...were real wrestlers, who don't get the credit they deserve

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,730 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
I 1000% AGREE!!! Trish is the most overrated female wrestler ever! The only reason people like trish, stacey keibler, torrie wilson, sable etc...got in the wwe, is bc of their looks, which she ain't even all that. Nice body but she had a basic face & she aged like a banana. She has no personality, wrestling, mic or acting skills but she had support, due to not only her "looks" but bc she's canadian & canadians love wrestling. They were basically just giving trish the wwe women's title bc she was popular. Jackie, victoria, lita, jazz, chyna, tori etc...were real wrestlers, who don't get the credit they deserve
Lita was the more naturally popular female wrestler after Chyna. Trish got too much of a push

liacashmere89

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,672 4,753 3,071
Alleybux
giphy.gif

tumblr_nw46j7lDZO1u46rzko1_250.gif

Keeping Haters PRESSED for 20+ years
tumblr_mr9xfnT3PH1qi3vijo2_250.gif

tumblr_pdhmmlSghc1s24yedo1_400.gif
Trish is one of the sexist women ever! But GOAT?! Naw. Lita or Chyna

They were better wrestlers and were more important during the Attitude Era (Team Extreme/DX). Trish was a decent wrestler but she only got pushed cause of her looks.

bluetoothpaste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,593 624 561
Alleybux
I'm a much bigger Lita fan and I make no secret of it, to me she is GOAT -

However, Trish had:

1. The xes appeal and American girl look that was popular with most audiences then
2. She could talk, how many women have you seen in wrestling who can't talk? It's one of the things that made AJ stand out (who I also don't care for) but could promo
3. She was a pretty good actress with her storylines, and had charisma with the fans

However, I think time passing and her returns have shown she really isn't all that WWE cracked her up to be, not b/c of ability necessarily but the fan reception I think shows that they don't have as fond nostalgia for her as they do Lita. That was surprising to me, that new and older fans getting reintroduced--when you look at the response between the two its like the fans rejected the story that was Trish.

bluetoothpaste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,593 624 561
Alleybux
According to shoots, (100% agree with you btw) Staci didn't want to learn to wrestle. Her exit coincided with her realizing she could do more outside of WWE and they were holding her back AND that they were starting to insist that she get in the ring because they wanted to put the belt on her. If Staci had been willing to learn, Trish would have been relegated to B level, with Staci as champion.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,730 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
According to shoots, (100% agree with you btw) Staci didn't want to learn to wrestle. Her exit coincided with her realizing she could do more outside of WWE and they were holding her back AND that they were starting to insist that she get in the ring because they wanted to put the belt on her. If Staci had been willing to learn, Trish would have been relegated to B level, with Staci as champion.
Stacy was more popular anyways and had more marketability than Trish ever did.

bluetoothpaste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,593 624 561
Alleybux
Oh I agree, and Vince knew it. Trish is lucky that Staci wasn't interested. She EASILY would have been a 7x champion with the storylines with Mickie James etc that Trish had towards the end. She had beautiful babyface written all over her, and also had the heel background.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,730 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
Oh I agree, and Vince knew it. Trish is lucky that Staci wasn't interested. She EASILY would have been a 7x champion with the storylines with Mickie James etc that Trish had towards the end. She had beautiful babyface written all over her, and also had the heel background.
Back in the day you can literally hear the crowds and how loud of a pop Stacy would get. Lita always out popped Trish. I really hate how WWE tried to erase history to make it seem Trish was the most popular female wrestler WWE has ever produced. Chyna out popped her, even Sable did!

bluetoothpaste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,593 624 561
Alleybux
Back in the day you can literally hear the crowds and how loud of a pop Stacy would get. Lita always out popped Trish. I really hate how WWE tried to erase history to make it seem Trish was the most popular female wrestler WWE has ever produced. Chyna out popped her, even Sable did!
One of my favorite Lita/Chyna pops is from the PPV with Lita vs Chyna. The stadium was shaking, JR was shocked you could barely even hear Lita's music over her pop.

I actually found the match - that pop at around 2:43 and Chyna's pop as well. Not a great match, I think this was actually Chyna's last televised (?) but this is back before they really let the women spend time on building a lot of quality matches. Lita has said since then that Chyna was really supportive of the match and used to invite her to work out, and felt like she respected her and didn't like many of the other women. Chyna has said that she advocated for a longer match and program with Lita, but was denied -- but it was right before she was forced out of the company. The rumor was that the company wanted Chyna to drop the belt to Lita then.\

Last edited:

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,730 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
One of my favorite Lita/Chyna pops is from the PPV with Lita vs Chyna. The stadium was shaking, JR was shocked you could barely even hear Lita's music over her pop.

I actually found the match - that pop at around 2:43 and Chyna's pop as well. Not a great match, I think this was actually Chyna's last televised (?) but this is back before they really let the women spend time on building a lot of quality matches. Lita has said since then that Chyna was really supportive of the match and used to invite her to work out, and felt like she respected her and didn't like many of the other women. Chyna has said that she advocated for a longer match and program with Lita, but was denied -- but it was right before she was forced out of the company. The rumor was that the company wanted Chyna to drop the belt to Lita then.\

One of my
Fav lita entrance! The pop was amazing!

theunbiased

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
3 15 10
Alleybux
“Marketability” she was terrible all round...you’ve been heavy hating on Trish lol it’s ridiculous end of the day I’ve only ever known really insecure females to hate on Trish the way you do here...need them lemons out your mouth honey

theunbiased

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
3 15 10
Alleybux
“Marketability” she was terrible all round...you’ve been heavy hating on Trish lol it’s ridiculous end of the day I’ve only ever known really insecure females to hate on Trish the way you do here...need them lemons out your mouth honey
Stacy was only big because of Torrie LMAO
Bob holly was right she wasn’t as good as people make her out to be. She did improve tho. She was sable 2.0 but she actually wanted to learn the ring. She was considered “ hot” back then because she resembled a mini Pamela Anderson and being a fake blonde with big fake tits were in in the 90s and early 2000s. I liked her as a teen but now as an adult I don’t see the hype.

but she was hot tho...all the guys I know that watched wrestling back then have always claimed that she had the most xes appeal..not the most naturally pretty but she was actually that damn sexy..I hated on her heavy because of it so this whole page was basically for you guys to bash trish and basically try to say everyone else is “goat” but trish???? LOL you do realise she has the ability to make you love like and absolutely hate her!...she wasn’t the best in every area but she did everything just about good! And mixed it up well...Lita was high flying and daring but a complete botch fest in technical ability...and I can’t remember her for good reasons only for her cheating on Matt Hardy in real life and making it into a storyline...even Jazz said Trish is the GOAT..and that means mixing up everything well enough..and you are really comparing a consistent Charlotte to a Trish who’s retired for how long? And doing mommy time on IG?...get real girl.

theunbiased

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
3 15 10
Alleybux
I went to a recent wrestling forum and the question is who is considered to be the GOAT in women's wrestling and people still say Trish Stratus.

I remember watching Trish the moment she came through WWE and saw her rise but she is no way the greatest of all time. That is revisionist history and a huge myth, in reality Trish's legacy as not aged as well as her predecessors/contemporaries.

Trish's legacy was based on moments and she needed people to help elevate her. Her popularity was not organic like Lita, Chyna, Sable, AJ Lee, etc. These women never needed a lot of elevation to get over, they got over themselves and by being themselves.

Trish had to rely a lot on xes appeal to get over.

People like Lita, Jazz and Mickie James carried her in their feuds. She even had a finishing move even completely relied on the other person. Did she help the divas division, definitely. Was she overrated, also definitely.

Compared to today's women's division including the TNA Knockout era, her legacy is still overrated.
Watch Jazz state who the GOAT is...your hate is so pure it’s almost admirable...I’m not stating Trish is the best overall in ring wrestler...nope. MOLLY HOLLY is that b!tch! In WWE terms! But Did molly have acting skills? Nope they weren’t that great.. did Lita? NOPE! could Lita play the villain? NOPE her high flying ability was 5 star and her daring moves were world class however...her acting Terrible...
Her ability to sell...was off most times...
Trish did all those things better than Lita except for the Ariel assault as she wasn’t athletic like Lita...I’m keeping it real I just don’t like this slander against trish which this whole page is basically slandering her building up your favourites and trampling on her name to validate why your favourites are apparently “better”...
Completely biased smh...
To continue my rant...
Trish was way better on the mic way better at cutting a promo because she could be that b!tch you just wantto slap..
Could Lita make you hate her with a passion??? Nope she was way toooo much of a baby face...
Trish could sell! Which was definitely her best attribute!
At the time and even till this day she is still considered the sexiest and “arguably” the majorities goat...
As I’ve stated in my previous comments here...I hated on trish because all the guys I knew wanted her...
Lita gets pops from angry teen girls or just angry rebellious girls in general...
Of course you’re not going to like Trish lol..
This slander ain’t cute or it
just understand mixing everything up well and being the complete product means more than just being a high flyer...plus I don’t know how you tried to say Sasha wasn’t influenced by Trish...she never ever said Lita...she’s always said Eddie Guerrero, Rey mysterious and Trish we’re her influences....

theunbiased

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
3 15 10
Alleybux

I agree her legacy is very overrated, in my opinion I think she was not a good wrestler, she had some good moves but most of the time she was carried by women who were better and had more experience than her. That is what we have to remember about her, she was a rookie but she went against veterans with experience who can make anyone look good in the ring.

Molly Holly was one of the greatest technical wrestlers of her time and she always had a perfect match with anyone. Anytime you wrestled her you were going to look good. I think she wrestled against Torrie Wilson one time and Torrie looked better than she actually was in terms of skill level.

That is what these women did with Trish, I think her transition to a wrestler is admirable but there is no way she is the GOAT. Trish in my opinion is a perfect smoke and mirrors diva.
Smoke and mirrors you’re basically trashing her LOOOL

theunbiased

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
3 15 10
Alleybux

Lita got the fans heart

“Lita got the fans heart” oh my goodness the extreme simple Simon biased energy is super strong there

theunbiased

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
3 15 10
Alleybux
“P
pops don’t make you the goat LOL haterade overdose

theunbiased

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
3 15 10
Alleybux
I agree her legacy is very overrated, in my opinion I think she was not a good wrestler, she had some good moves but most of the time she was carried by women who were better and had more experience than her. That is what we have to remember about her, she was a rookie but she went against veterans with experience who can make anyone look good in the ring.

Molly Holly was one of the greatest technical wrestlers of her time and she always had a perfect match with anyone. Anytime you wrestled her you were going to look good. I think she wrestled against Torrie Wilson one time and Torrie looked better than she actually was in terms of skill level.

That is what these women did with Trish, I think her transition to a wrestler is admirable but there is no way she is the GOAT. Trish in my opinion is a perfect smoke and mirrors diva.
Molly wasn’t one of the greatest technical wrestlers...she IS THE GREATEST lol...Lita couldn’t even...in technical terms and that’s real

theunbiased

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
3 15 10
Alleybux
R
I totally agree. My bro made me watch her match against Charlotte, she’s ric flair’s baby and she wrestled circles around Trish , she carried the entire match.vs an
Cha

You h
lol she had the GOAT implants, that’s about i
lol she had the GOAT implants, that’s about it
Hating ain’t cute dear

theunbiased

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
3 15 10
Alleybux
All those girls have bee

erm...she was considered to be the best seller...and the best on the mic and cutting a promo...who do you know that could make you hate on them the way you’re hating on Trish...the way Trish does? LOL my point is already proven...Lita was a high flyer and al respect to Chyna but she was on roids competing with men...so cancel your comment by girl...even Jazz said Trish the goat and yet she ain’t my goat