Quantcast

WWE fans: Undertaker calls current WWE Soft and gets criticized from other wrestlers for comments

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,625 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
the-undertaker-696x392.jpg

The Undertaker was critical of the current WWE product recently when he called it “a little soft” and said that the current crop of wrestlers lack “an edge” to them. These comments were made on The Joe Rogan Experience. Current WWE Champion Drew McIntyre caught wind of the comments and had something to say about it.
274c5-16113837078541-800.jpg

Speaking with Sportskeeda, Drew said, “I don’t agree whatsoever. Especially from an in-ring perspective. I’ve listened to part of it, I’ve got to listen to the whole thing it’s pretty new. But I think he may have been referring to like the kind of storylines and characters etc. Like the co-host that was on the show was like a fan from the attitude era and I think they were perhaps referring to some of the outlandish storylines.”

Drew continued by talking about the restrictions that they face today due to a PG rating. “Back in the day, there were more xesual based, more like risque 18 plus. Our current product is PG, there’s only so far we can push it and we’re willing to push it. There’s certain things from back in the day that was awesome and certain things that were not awesome that I wouldn’t wanna go back to. So I’m not sure if it was more from like that perspective when it comes to the stories and not being as adult-based as it used to be but I think you know we’re walking a good line right now. But when it comes to the in-ring game, that’s just not true at all. It’s never been more physical.”

McIntyre also wasn’t shy from defending the current WWE roster. Drew believes the roster is extremely talented and among the best in the world. Drew said, “The in-ring talent right now, we’ve got the best in-ring talent roster of all time. If you look at our talents from top to bottom, what they can do in the ring, what they can pull off from a storytelling perspective in the ring, in a physical perspective especially, there’s nobody better. You look at back at the attitude era, you compare the matches, turn the volume off and watch the match quality and compare it to now, there’s no comparison. And then the ruthless aggression era is when things really stepped up in ring wise. But now, there’s no roster like ours in the world. We’re physical, we’re hard-hitting, we have athletes that can do things that are just absolutely mind-blowing. So it certainly wasn’t the in-ring part he was talking about.”

vNWxwCgt_400x400.jpg

Trent initially responded to Dr. Tom Prichard tweeting on the podcast. Prichard had tweeted, “Required listening for wrestlers, rasslers and ‘play rasslers’: The Joe Rogan Experience #1598 Listen… Really LISTEN. Toxic? Really?!”

Trent later responded, “Bad take. The undertaker needs to be put in jail.” Later on, Trent noted he was likely being sarcastic, writing in response to another Twitter user, “I think you might have misunderstood my tone.”

Xavier-Woods-WWE-WrestleMania-36-1280x720.jpeg

It appears WWE Superstar Xavier Woods also responded to The Undertaker’s comments that appeared to be critical about today’s generation of talent “playing video games.” Undertaker stated on JRE, “Now you walk in and there’s guys playing video games and f***ing making sure they look pretty. It’s evolution, I guess. I don’t know what it is, but I just like those eras, man. I liked when men were men.”

Xavier Woods tweeted earlier this week, “I wouldn’t be the person that I am without the guidance and lessons of a few key people from the previous generation of wrestling. They taught me about the business, to save my money, & that having video games in the locker room is healthier than having [redacted]. Thank you guys.'”

blktrans

BlackTransWoman
Reaction score
Reactions
27,969 1,125 620
Alleybux
Whew, Mark's far-right takes spilling onto WWE. But didn't he just do one of those theatrical gimmick matches and angles before his umpteenth retirement?

A lot of what WWE has done is limited by their current demographic rating and the market they're going for, so Andrew was correct about that.

Groovylikea2dollaMovie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,814 176 88
Alleybux
Taker needs to shut his old ass up. Old raggedy b!tch, https://cdn.dopl3r.com//media/memes_files/when-the-microwave-do-all-that-damn-poppin-but-your-food-stil-cold-you-raggedy-b!tch-jla7N.jpg

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,625 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Whew, Mark's far-right takes spilling onto WWE. But didn't he just do one of those theatrical gimmick matches and angles before his umpteenth retirement?

A lot of what WWE has done is limited by their current demographic rating and the market they're going for, so Andrew was correct about that.

His far right beliefs are coming through, he funded Ted Cruz .

Another is that wrestling is not popular anymore, wrestling is niche entertainment.

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,512 12,953 2,132
Alleybux
He stuck in the 90s. For the past ten years we haven’t really heard of GENERATION Y wrestlers dying on the current roster. Back in takers day they were drug addicts and many of his peers from the 80s and 90s died young because all they did was party drink and shoot up drugs. Not saying the boys don’t do drugs I’m just saying, but I do agree the boys today look like kids compared to takers era. It’s 2021, when you walk into a locker room, you’re not gonna see the boys sitting at A table drinking bud light and playing cards with a Fanny pack on their hip. They are playing video games and in their iPhones. These old heads are stuck in 1989.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,586 663 4
Alleybux
Taker needs to shut his old ass up. Old raggedy b!tch, https://cdn.dopl3r.com//media/memes_files/when-the-microwave-do-all-that-damn-poppin-but-your-food-stil-cold-you-raggedy-b!tch-jla7N.jpg
Yep. I agree if he's talking about storylines and characters, which is certainly lacking today imo.

But that's not the bad part. He also said this, which is what people have the most gripe with.
EsSNbmfW4AAohuW

Which has led many to think he's toxic as Hell. But hey, you don't last years in the toxic environment he was in & be bffs with Vince without being toxic & sh!tty yourself. lol He just hid it from the general public better due to Kayfabe.

Now that he's retired and leaving Kayfabe behind, we're seeing what a bigoted hillbilly he is.

KingTchalla

A person tryna play me, plays themselves
Reaction score
Reactions
69,504 1,602 138
Alleybux
If Undertaker don't shut his ass. WWE isn't 'too soft' for him when they're waving a big fat cheque in front of his face so he can limp his old bones back into the ring at Saudi Arabia.

Yes there are absolutely many things that need to be improved in WWE, the storylines are bad, the dialogue is stiff and cringey (and there aren't enough good talkers anyway), too many of the stars are chosen for looks over talent or personality etc etc, but WWE back in the day was f'ed up, racist and sexist as hell, all kinds of ridiculous storylines including necrophilia and incest(!!). I'm tired of the rose tinted nostalgia blind fans who think old WWE used to be amazing.

I hate the phrase 'when men were men', so when men were misogynist, racist, borderline (and often real life) xesual deviants, and women were just oversexualized eye candy.

Also this made me laugh
Xavier Woods tweeted earlier this week, “I wouldn’t be the person that I am without the guidance and lessons of a few key people from the previous generation of wrestling. They taught me about the business, to save my money, & that having video games in the locker room is healthier than having [redacted]. Thank you guys.'”
Lmaoooo tell em Xavier, we know how they were getting down in the WWE locker rooms backing in the day and between shitting in people's bags, having affairs, whipping your dicks out left right and center, video games doesn't sound bad at all.

e: spelling

Last edited:

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,512 12,953 2,132
Alleybux
Yep. I agree if he's talking about storylines and characters, which is certainly lacking today imo.

But that's not the bad part. He also said this, which is what people have the most gripe with.
EsSNbmfW4AAohuW

Which has led many to think he's toxic as Hell. But hey, you don't last years in the toxic environment he was in & be bffs with Vince without being toxic & sh!tty yourself. lol He just hid it from the general public better due to Kayfabe.

Now that he's retired and leaving Kayfabe behind, we're seeing what a bigoted ******* he is.

He shoulda just sat down and ate his food. He’s the last person I thought would break kayfabe and be Mark Calaway. I see him opening his mouth more ruining the credibility he had.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,625 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
He stuck in the 90s. For the past ten years we haven’t really heard of GENERATION Y wrestlers dying on the current roster. Back in takers day they were drug addicts and many of his peers from the 80s and 90s died young because all they did was party drink and shoot up drugs. Not saying the boys don’t do drugs I’m just saying, but I do agree the boys today look like kids compared to takers era. It’s 2021, when you walk into a locker room, you’re not gonna see the boys sitting A table drinking bud light and playing cards with a Fanny pack on their hip. These old heads are stuck in 1989.

Exactly and a lot of them are bitter. Old heads like to compare their generation to the new generation.

A lot of these old heads criticize that these guys play video games but the current generations is dying less than Taker's generation.

A least they can complete a sentence than saying "You Know" every two seconds.

At least guys like Rock, Roman Reigns are successful making money and have their faculities

compared to being a old ass Texan with knees of an old man and still paying alimony and having a wife who can pass as his granddaughter and moonlighting as his stay at home nurse.

These young guys are doing something right if they are not dying.

Last edited:

Choseyylover

Choosey Lover
Reaction score
Reactions
514,608 14,951 3,507
Alleybux
Look at that, for once its not Bret getting sh!t just for being honest about the current state of WWE
afba20a1a9af442e8db4d1ea5acbad2e18382d86.gifv

ETA OKAY, the locker room comments was too much like, its not even that serious.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,625 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Look at that, for once its not Bret getting sh!t just for being honest about the current state of WWE

If Undertaker don't shut his ass. WWE isn't 'too soft' for him when they're waving a big fat cheque in front of his face so he can limp his old bones back into the ring at Saudi Arabia.

Yes there are absolutely many things that need to be improved in WWE, the storylines are bad, the dialogue is stiff and cringey (and there aren't enough good talkers anyway), too many of the stars are chosen for looks over talent or personality etc etc, but WWE back in the day was f'ed up, racist and sexist as hell, all kinds of ridiculous storylines including necrophilia and incest(!!). I'm tired of the rose tinted nostalgia blind fans who think old WWE used to be amazing.

I hate the phrase 'when men were men', so when men were misogynist, racist, borderline (and often real life) xesual deviants, and women were just oversexualized eye candy.

Also this made me laugh

Lmaoooo tell em Xavier, we know how they were getting down in the WWE locker rooms backing in the day and between sitting in people's bags, having affairs, whipping your dicks out left right and center, video games doesn't sound bad at all.

I agree with everything you said, at least the locker room is cleaning up. Today's current generation are more respectful too each other and not caught up in trying to dog over each other.

I give this generation a lot of credit.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,586 663 4
Alleybux
He shoulda just sat down and ate his food. He’s the last person I thought would break kayfabe and be Mark Calaway. I see him opening his mouth more ruining the credibility he had.

He's on his way. Another little gem was when he & Rogan talked about Californians coming to Texas & Mark said "Bring your money. Leave your values."

If that don't reveal something about him, Idk what does.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,625 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
He's on his way. Another little gem was when he & Rogan talked about Californian's coming to Texas & Mark said they can bring their money, but leave their values.

If that don't reveal something about him, Idk what does.

It is well known he is conservative and Republican, been known for a long time. He has friends who are right wing leaning, his politics is becoming staunchier cause he is getting older and he is retired.

He wore a Blue Lives Matter t-shirt in his Last Ride documentary.

Last edited:

jmont0113

Well......
Reaction score
Reactions
6,399 46 18
Alleybux
Undie makes some good points however he is the biggest yes man to Vince which I guess is understandable since Vince made him a millionaire. Outside of Romans Reigns' heel turn, the product is terrible. I can't watch a whole show of Raw or Smackdown. The ratings are ever-decreasing however WWE is still making bank in other ways

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,512 12,953 2,132
Alleybux
[
Right, who the hell complains about being a SAFER and better work environment?? Only trash lol

xesual harassment ran rapid in his era in the WWF. Sunny was getting fµcked by the boys backstage, while she watched her boyfriend Chris Candido wrestle. The men were doing all types of sh!t and the attitude era was terrible backstage. The boys would peep in the girls locker room and would drill holes in the walls to watch them undress. Idk if today is safe but we don’t hear any stories like that today

HaitianBarbie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,686 1,353 384
Alleybux
Rather them playing video games or on their phones than them doing what Taker and nem were doing back then. (Not to say this new generation ain't shooting up steroids and other drugs either)

Choseyylover

Choosey Lover
Reaction score
Reactions
514,608 14,951 3,507
Alleybux
[

xesual harassment ran rapid in his era in the WWF. Sunny was getting fµcked by the boys backstage, while she watched her boyfriend Chris Candido wrestle. The men were doing all types of sh!t and the attitude era was terrible backstage. The boys would peep in the girls locker room and would drill holes in the walls to watch them undress. Idk if today is safe but we don’t hear any stories like that today

Yeah, the reason why people thought sunny and bret slept together was because he would share his locker room with her. But he said he did it to get away from the guys in the locker room. He'd rather share a room with a girl than with them. Like not even he miss that sh!t from back in the day lol

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,625 10,514 8,098
Alleybux

EsSNbmfW4AAohuW

Now that he's retired and leaving Kayfabe behind, we're seeing what a bigoted hillbilly he is.

More will be revealed about him, he was friends with JBL who is a known bully/hazier and Taker pushed that wrestlers court which was designed to kill the careers of young wrestlers.

I know HBK and Triple H are well known pr**ks but Taker is easily in their level he just hides it better.

Paul London and Brian Kendrick spilled the tea and said that he was a guy who gets off on his own power.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,586 663 4
Alleybux
It is well known he is conservative and Republican, been known for a long time. He has friends who are right wing leaning, his politics is becoming staunchier cause he has nothing to lose.

He wore a Blue Lives Matter t-shirt in his Last Ride documentary.

Believe me, I know. Ultimately, I just call a spade a spade and put him in the racist category. Just no way he can be down with all the stuff he is, and not be racist. "Right-wing", "Repub", and "Conservative" are polite terms for what he is.

Example, Godfather was on an episode of The Bump where he talked about when he & Mark started riding together. He was playing Hank Williams & using dip, so Mark asked him "You know you're black, right?"

This man looks worse & worse the more we hear. Sometime within the next 4 years, I see him messing up like Hogan and just outing himself with a slur or comment about how minorities need to "act right"

CurlyBell

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
213,564 5,034 2,143
Alleybux
He's not wrong but the attitude era is long gone. I don't watch or attend anymore anyway. I dipped right around the time Punk did.

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,512 12,953 2,132
Alleybux
Yeah, the reason why people thought sunny and bret slept together was because he would share his locker room with her. But he said he did it to get away from the guys in the locker room. He'd rather share a room with a girl than with them. Like not even he miss that sh!t from back in the day lol

He’s full of sh!t. Sunny claimed they never fµcked but I think they did. As much as he cheated on his wife while she took care of the house and children, I truly believe he had his way with Sunny. Now he says he wishes the rumor was true.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,586 663 4
Alleybux
More will be revealed about him, he was friends with JBL who is a known bully/hazier and Taker pushed that wrestlers court which was designed to kill the careers of young wrestlers.

I know HBK and Triple H are well known pr**ks but Taker is easily in their level he just hides it better.

Paul London and Brian Kendrick spilled the tea and said that he was a guy who gets off on his own power.

At least JBL got better. Sad as it may be, even he looks less racist & more intelligent & woke than MagaTaker now. Looking at his IG, he spent a good bit of 2019 doing volunteer work and contributing to charities in Africa, posting in favor of BLM and giving shoutout to Simmons as first black Champ. etc. So I would sure as Hell take my chances with JBL than Taker today.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,625 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Believe me, I know. Ultimately, I just call a spade a spade and put him in the racist category. Just no way he can be down with all the stuff he is, and not be racist. "Right-wing", "Repub", and "Conservative" are polite terms for what he is.

Example, Godfather was on an episode of The Bump where he talked about when he & Mark started riding together. He was playing Hank Williams & using dip, so Mark asked him "You know you're black, right?"

This man looks worse & worse the more we here. Sometime within the next 4 years, I see him messing up like Hogan and just outing himself with a slur or comment about how minorities need to "act right"

I don't know if Taker is racist but being a white man from Texas he can be staunch. Taker is a man with baggage, he wanted to be everything and he ended up being a wrestler.

I read stories about him being cool with black guys but you know back then black wrestlers were very guarded.

His politics is very right leaning but I think he has some unreserved bitterness. You know something is not right when you retire at 57 years old.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,625 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
At least JBL got better. Sad as it may be, even he looks less racist & more intelligent & woke than MagaTaker now. Looking at his IG, he spent a good bit of 2019 doing volunteer work and contributing to charities in Africa, posting in favor of BLM and giving shoutout to Simmons as first black Champ. etc. So I would sure as Hell take my chances with JBL than Taker today.

JBL is a business man, and business people think with their money first and in this day and age racism is not tolerated.

Black people are consumers and anytime you push bad business and them taking out their money and not investing in your product can hurt your business.

You better be pro-black or pro anything when a majority of your consumers, people who make you rich are black.

Black people are easily the most generous consumers they don't play race based consumerism, everybody benefits with black dollars.

Racism, sexism etc hurts companies, it is bad business.

More money is made by inclusion than exclusion that is business we are living in.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,586 663 4
Alleybux
I don't know if Taker is racist but being a white man from Texas he can be staunch. Taker is a man with baggage, he wanted to be everything and he ended up being a wrestler.

I read stories about him being cool with black guys but you know back then black wrestlers were very guarded.

His politics is very right leaning but I think he has some unreserved bitterness. You know something is not right when you retire at 57 years old.

I talked with my father & mother & both agree that some of the most racist white folks are the ones who hang around a lot of black folks. And I have seen some cases of that myself.

I always share on twitter how out of nowhere Michelle conveniently made a very long-winded post about how much she hates racism and how most of their daughter's friends are black.

Then a while later, she posted pix of Taker surrounded by black dudes, because she forgot them in the other post.

Myself, and damn near anyone I gave links to agreed it came off like damage control because tons of folks were, and still are, calling her husband a bigot.

Last edited:

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,625 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
I talked with my father & mother & both agree that some of the most racist white folks are the ones who hang around a lot of black folks. And I have seen some cases of that myself.

I always share on twitter how out of nowhere Michelle conveniently made a very long-winded post about how much she hates racism and how most of their daughter's friends are black.

Then a while later, she posted pix of Taker surrounded by black dudes, because she forgot to them other post.

Myself, and damn near anyone I gave links to agreed it came off like damage control because tons of folks were, and still are, calling her husband a bigot.

Michelle had friends who were black her volleyball team was predominately black I believe.

In my opinion white people think if they have black friends, it gives them a pass to make racial slurs or say the n*word. How about don't say the word at all and just be a freaking human being and treat people with respect. I have white friends but I never once used any racial slur, or assume anything about them cause of their skin color. I see them as people/individuals.

It is not hard but arrogance keeps you from evolving.

Conservative white folks are complaning about political correctness but it is their own fault cause they abused if for so long. I can't feel sorry for these people.

Choseyylover

Choosey Lover
Reaction score
Reactions
514,608 14,951 3,507
Alleybux
He’s full of sh!t. Sunny claimed they never fµcked but I think they did. As much as he cheated on his wife while she took care of the house and children, I truly believe he had his way with Sunny. Now he says he wishes the rumor was true.

First of all, that rumor came from a drugged out jealous 1990s Shawn Michaels, who was really the one sleeping with her. He was the one that claimed it and said it on TV- thats where it come from. I am believing Bret over him. Shawn is the one who was full of sh!t lol

I watched the whole interview of where that came from. Bret says he wishes they were true because the rumor ran so heavy and he still has to deny it. You're taking it out of context. Shawn went out on national television to imply him and Sunny slept together, so it stuck. Thats also why him and shawn got into that famous fight backstage after the show, he beat shawn up because shawn lied about who he was sleeping with on TV. Which is another reason why the rumor stuck because everyone remembers that fight and what it was about-Shawn's lying. Thats why he said he "almost wish he did", because according to him that was the biggest rumor about him because people still talk about it. When he said that he was asked what was the craziest rumor said about him and it was the sleeping with Sunny thing for obvious reasons. Til this day, people like you believe that damn drug addict lmao.

But I don't think he is full of sh!t to deny that. Both of them deny. Why would sunny lie about that to this day, when she confirmed everything else. She would have confirmed that too, there is no shame in her game and her and bret def aren't friends anymore. Bret was nobody special to her after he left WWF. There is no reason for her to lie, she never does about her xesual relations. And there is no reason for him to lie. The only reason why ya'll know he cheated on his wife was because he said it himself, even she was shocked when she read his book because she thought he only had 1 affair. So, if he can talk about all the other times and all the other women he cheated on her with, he would Sunny as well. And unlike Shawn, he didn't ignore the controversy in his book. He addressed it and still denied. Shawn still acts like he don't know her.

Last edited:

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
I stopped watching wwe years ago. It used to be really entertaining and funny but then after certain people left and stopped appearing on the show its like everything just started to be the same ole same ole and it just started to get lame after a while. Truthfully I feel like WWE really went downhill after Vickie Guerrero left

ShawtOrdaCook

Resident Nay'Murican
Reaction score
Reactions
88,517 2,735 341
Alleybux

This is exactly what it is- he sees the younger/newer generation getting the easier time of it, the better working conditions (such as they are), the more relaxed atmosphere.... and knows his time has gone by.

He ain't the top dawg who can wield control over everybody these days, he can't go in the ring anymore and he knows the current set can/would cave his sh!t in if he didn't come correct. He's probably one of those that think his glory days would last him forever, and when you pair that with toxic masculinity and the resentment and jealousy he seems to harbor, you're going to have a bitter person come out of it.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,586 663 4
Alleybux
Michelle had friends who were black her volleyball team was predominately black I believe.

In my opinion white people think if they have black friends, it gives them a pass to make racial slurs or say the n*word. How about don't say the word at all and just be a freaking human being and treat people with respect. I have white friends but I never once used any racial slur, or assume anything about them cause of their skin color. I see them as people/individuals.

It is not hard but arrogance keeps you from evolving.

Conservative white folks are complaning about political correctness but it is their own fault cause they abused if for so long. I can't feel sorry for these people.

That fits MagaTaker as well. When he & Snoop Dogg had that collab, they got together for a facetime on IG and the topic of racism comes up. Mark says there's too much division, and it's gotten to a point you can't have conversation anymore. He claims folks need to be less divisive and use their platform to unite & not spew one way or the other.

Here's a tweet that has that part of the convo. for anyone who just has to get a load of it for themselves.

HA!!! If that wasn't the biggest croc coming from him. And a bunch of folks weren't shy to call him out as a hypocrite. Snoop initiated that particular convo, and Mark had to respond with something. lol

ArtemisUniverse

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,087 884 187
Alleybux
Would he rather them be coked out like Shawn Micheals? How about not having someone like Randy Orton sh!t in your gym bag as a threat? How is not having a toxic work place being soft? WWE has toned down a lot, but the stories these wrestlers tell when they leave, especially from the mid-90s to the mid-10s era are something else.