Quantcast

WWE fans: Undertaker calls current WWE Soft and gets criticized from other wrestlers for comments

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
This is exactly what it is- he sees the younger/newer generation getting the easier time of it, the better working conditions (such as they are), the more relaxed atmosphere.... and knows his time has gone by.

He ain't the top dawg who can wield control over everybody these days, he can't go in the ring anymore and he knows the current set can/would cave his sh!t in if he didn't come correct. He's probably one of those that think his glory days would last him forever, and when you pair that with toxic masculinity and the resentment and jealousy he seems to harbor, you're going to have a bitter person come out of it.

Exactly but that is why most wrestlers are pushed to go into new fields or industries. The most successful wrestlers post WWE career develop and go into new careers.

Bitter wrestlers never let go and stuck in the past.

Wendi Richter was screwed over in her WWE career and she had more reason to be angry but instead she left that toxic career and became a Occupational Therapist living her best life.

Taker has money but he does not know how to grow emotionally as a person. Stunted living the same character gimmick for 30 years, never learned to be himself outside of being that character.

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,515 12,953 2,132
Alleybux
First of all, that rumor came from a drugged out jealous 1990s Shawn Michaels. He was the one that claimed it and said it on TV. I am believing Bret over him. Shawn is the one who was full of sh!t during those days lol

I watched the whole interview of where that came from. Bret says he wishes they were true because the rumor ran so heavy and he still has to deny it. You're taking it out of context. Shawn went out on national television to imply him and Sunny slept together, so it stuck. Thats also why him and shawn got into that famous fight backstage after the show, he beat shawn up because shawn lied about who he was sleeping with on TV. Which is another reason why the rumor stuck because everyone remembers that fight and what it was about-Shawn's lying. Thats somebody who is fully of sh!t lol. Thats why he said he may as well have, because according to him that was the biggest rumor about him. When he said that he was asked what was the craziest rumor said about him and it was the sleeping with Sunny thing.

But I don't think he is full of sh!t to deny that. Both of them deny. Why would sunny lie about that to this day, when she confirmed everything else. She would have confirmed that too, there is no shame in her game and her and bret def aren't friends anymore. Bret was nobody special to her after he left WWF. There is no reason for her to lie, she never does about her xesual relations. And there is no reason for him to lie. The only reason why ya'll know he cheated on his wife was because he said it himself, even she was shocked when she read his book. So, if he can talk about all the other times and all the other women he cheated on her with, he would that time.

Lol I don’t why Shawn would be jealous since he was the one fµck!ng her, but I don’t wanna detail this thread by making it about them. Back to taker, I think he slowly showing his true colors.

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,515 12,953 2,132
Alleybux
This is exactly what it is- he sees the younger/newer generation getting the easier time of it, the better working conditions (such as they are), the more relaxed atmosphere.... and knows his time has gone by.

He ain't the top dawg who can wield control over everybody these days, he can't go in the ring anymore and he knows the current set can/would cave his sh!t in if he didn't come correct. He's probably one of those that think his glory days would last him forever, and when you pair that with toxic masculinity and the resentment and jealousy he seems to harbor, you're going to have a bitter person come out of it.

I sadly agree. He sees these guys in their 20s and 30s having it “easier”

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
That fits MagaTaker as well. When he & Snoop Dogg had that collab, they got together for a facetime on IG and the topic of racism comes up. Mark says there's too much division, and it's gotten to a point you can't have conversation anymore. He claims folks need to be less divisive and use their platform to unite & not spew one way or the other.

Here's a tweet that has that part of the convo. for anyone who just has to get a load of it for themselves.

HA!!! If that wasn't the biggest croc coming from him. And a bunch of folks weren't shy to call him out as a hypocrite. Snoop initiated that particular convo, and Mark had to respond with something. lol

Yet Undertaker pushed more division than anybody with the Klique bµllsh!t and starting wrestlers court that was designed the hinder the growth of young wrestlers.

Choseyylover

Choosey Lover
Reaction score
Reactions
514,619 14,951 3,507
Alleybux
Lol I don’t why Shawn would be jealous since he was the one fµck!ng her, but I don’t wanna detail this thread by making it about them. Back to taker, I think he slowly showing his true colors.
IDK why Shawn would be jealous when that wasn't even his girlfriend :/

She was still with Chris.

About Taker, honestly, when I saw him on that hot wing eating show and I heard his voice and I saw he was from TEXAS. I knew he is just another Austin. Great Wrestler but probably problematic in real life.

However, I am not gonna lie, you usually hear good stuff about Taker from people who work with him. But his actions since he has left, prove other wise. He is one of those wrestlers that nobody complained about his character. So it always perplexes me when he keeps doing and saying things that makes him look like a bad person. Like wasn't he a trump supporter

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
IDK why Shawn would be jealous when that wasn't even his girlfriend :/

She was still with Chris.

About Taker, honestly, when I saw him on that hot wing eating show and I heard his voice and I saw he was from TEXAS. I knew he is just another Austin. Great Wrestler but probably insufferable in real life.

However, I am not gonna lie, you usually hear good stuff about Taker. He is one of those wrestlers that nobody complained about his character. So it always perplexes me when he keeps doing and saying things that makes him look like a bad person. Like wasn't he a trump supporter

He is an older man and he is letting it all out for the world to see now. However, considering he is a so called leader of the locker room he could've been less divisive and say some classy things.

It is a good thing that guys are out of trouble, not doing drugs etc and he slams them for playing video games knowing it is good avenue to get them out of trouble.

He is not acting like a leader, you help your talent, you don't put them down.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,587 663 4
Alleybux
He is an older man and he is letting it all out for the world to see now. However, considering he is a so called leader of the locker room he could've been less divisive and say some classy things.

It is a good thing that guys are out of trouble, not doing drugs etc and he slams them for playing video games knowing it is good avenue to get them out of trouble.

He is not acting like a leader, you help your talent, you don't put them down.
Makes me wonder if he's got a strained relationship with his son, given his whole "man should be men" attitude, and his son is into gaming & art (and supports BLM). Maybe that's why he's bitter. lol

Speaking on his leadership, Big Show pretty much said when Taker was mentoring him, he chewed his ass out every night for something & he'd go home feeling like "a fat piece of trash."

So the drill sergeant, tear them down to build them up seems like his thing. But that doesn't work for everyone.

Illusionhr23

Professional Observer
Reaction score
Reactions
9,803 126 22
Alleybux
If he is complaining about the storylines then yes it’s soft not what it use to be not even better.

Now! If he is complaining about the other stuff...

giphy.gif

Gotta get dragged man

Illusionhr23

Professional Observer
Reaction score
Reactions
9,803 126 22
Alleybux
Believe me, I know. Ultimately, I just call a spade a spade and put him in the racist category. Just no way he can be down with all the stuff he is, and not be racist. "Right-wing", "Repub", and "Conservative" are polite terms for what he is.

Example, Godfather was on an episode of The Bump where he talked about when he & Mark started riding together. He was playing Hank Williams & using dip, so Mark asked him "You know you're black, right?"

This man looks worse & worse the more we hear. Sometime within the next 4 years, I see him messing up like Hogan and just outing himself with a slur or comment about how minorities need to "act right"

I thought that was yokozuna that said that to godfather?

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Makes me wonder if he's got a strained relationship with his son, given his whole "man should be men" attitude, and his son is into gaming & art (and supports BLM). Maybe that's why he's bitter. lol

Speaking on his leadership, Big Show pretty much said when Taker was mentoring him, he chewed his ass out every night for something & he'd go home feeling like "a fat piece of trash."

So the drill sergeant, tear them down to build them up seems like his thing. But that doesn't work for everyone.

I don't know if he has real relationship with his son, his son seems to operate in his own lane.

I saw some sh!t back in 1999 when they did that Unholy Alliance stuff they did together.

Ryback a former WWE wrestlers said that Undertaker never gave him a compliment.

There is something there or lacking.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,587 663 4
Alleybux
I don't know if he has real relationship with his son, his son seems to operate in his own lane.

I saw some sh!t back in 1999 when they did that Unholy Alliance stuff they did together.

Ryback a former WWE wrestlers said that Undertaker never gave him a compliment.

There is something there or lacking.
I'm sure Taker has his "favorites." The Rock has praised Taker for his help and encouragement. But then Taker turned around recently & made a sly & bitter-sounding comment on the Rock recently.

I thought that was yokozuna that said that to godfather?

From someone who'd recently watched, they said Taker said it. Lord knows. I can easily believe Taker would say that. lol Given everything else.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
I'm sure Taker has his "favorites." The Rock has praised Taker for his help and encouragement. But then Taker turned around recently & made a sly & bitter-sounding comment on the Rock recently.

From someone who'd recently watched, they said Taker said it. Lord knows. I can easily believe Taker would say that. lol Given everything else.

I did a thread on that and some people said Taker is jealous.

Jim Kelly

Enter The Dragon
Reaction score
Reactions
10,867 837 1,209
Alleybux
At least JBL got better. Sad as it may be, even he looks less racist & more intelligent & woke than MagaTaker now. Looking at his IG, he spent a good bit of 2019 doing volunteer work and contributing to charities in Africa, posting in favor of BLM and giving shoutout to Simmons as first black Champ. etc. So I would sure as Hell take my chances with JBL than Taker today.

Undertaker liked JBL's Black Lives Matter post though.

20210124_204834.jpg

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,587 663 4
Alleybux
I did a thread on that and some people said Taker is jealous.

And he's aware. During that podcast, he said folks were gonna call him a bitter old guy, and that he's not bitter since he did his time & left when he wanted.

He spoke on how many today are entitled & feel like they're owed something rather than being willing to put in the grind like he did when he was sleeping in his car.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,587 663 4
Alleybux
Undertaker liked JBL's Black Lives Matter post though.

View attachment 2265534
He also liked this one.
EsbwAJLW8AAzgbt

*cough* lol

The man flip-flops more than a grounded fish.

Wears a blue line shirt w/ a "Don't tread on me" hat.
Loves killing animals but promotes saving them.
Likes & supports racists but fucks with (figuratively & supposedly literally) black folks.

Definition of hypocrite or confused as Hell. lol

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
And he's aware. During that podcast, he said folks were gonna call him a bitter old guy, and that he's not bitter since he did his time & left when he wanted.

He spoke on how many today are entitled & feel like they're owed something rather than being willing to put in the grind like he did when he was sleeping in his car.

There is a difference between entitlement and just being smart. The young generation saw how much sacrfice their older counterparts put in and we see how many of them even with the money they made never lived happy lives. A majority of them are dead or strung out on drugs. What is there to really emulate, people like Undertaker don't get it, you can't compare your to life to others.

The current generation does not live to make wrestling their lives, they have families, kids and they know it is a business.

Old school wrestlers never saw it as a business and many of them were exploited.

I would even say Undertaker is exploited, Vince uses for quick money knowing the man has busted hips, knees, elbows etc.

Vince would never do that to guys like Cena, Rock, etc cause they are smart to the business.

ChickBuster

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,585 308 100
Alleybux
The product is terrible but the current WWE is hamstrung by the network, stockholders and the advertisers. What flew in The Attitude Era won't fly now. Yet 'Taker is still cashing those checks from WWE despite trashing it.

As for his other ignorant comments about "men being men" and bitching about video games, I'd rather see the wrestlers playing video games than shooting up in the locker room or knife fights. Yeah let's go back to the days where guys were dying in their hotel rooms or dying in their 30s of heart attacks. Poor Eddie Guerrero died in his hotel room with a toothbrush in his hand and had been in massive pain for months but the WWE wouldn't give him time off. Wrestlers nowadays are being allowed to take time off to heal and recharge their batteries. 'Taker seems to be from the "If I had to suffer everyone else should suffer too" school of thought.

Back in the old days the wrestlers didn't save their money, did massive amounts of drugs and died early. Wrestlers nowadays are investing, saving their money, opening businesses, planning for their life post-wrestling and staying healthier.

The more Undertaker opens his mouth the more he sh!ts all over his legacy. He's clearly bitter that many of the wrestlers today seem happier and healthier than the ones in Undertaker's day.

newbie9905

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,386 6 1
Alleybux
I could just be biased but the attitude eta was the best. I can’t even really get into this new age WWE bullsh!t. It’s just not the same and no ones really memorable.

Watching You

I sacrifice scary b!tches to the graveyard!!!!!!!!
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
36,230 4,172 844
Alleybux
Regarding his comments about the locker room, he is out of order. As I have stated in previous WWE/WWF tea threads, the locker room and environment was straight up toxic. Bullying, rape, hazing, assault, racism, sexism, etc...were par for the course. That is what I call a poor working environment. The wrestlers today, for the most part, seem to be at either friends or at best, cordial with one another. Countless wrestlers have came out, and credited people like Roman Reigns for the change in the locker room culture. When it was back in Taker's day, they had that ridiculous Wrestler's Court. They basically used that court to lord it over newbies so they can embarrass them in front of their respective colleagues, get them to carry their bags, get freebies from the newbies, etc...I remember a story of them dragging Melina out of her hotel room to Wrestler's Court with the sole purpose of breaking her down in front of everyone; funny how they never tried that sh!t with Brock Lesnar though e5:disdain. Regarding the comments on the quality of the product, he is absolutely correct. These people have no kind of star power. I don't know if it has to do with their size or just them lacking a personality, but they all suck compare to the stars of yesteryear. They look like the kind of folks you would see working at your local coffee shop, book store, etc...Why would anyone clamor to see a regular old joe when they are expecting larger than life wrestlers. All of their move sets are either spamming various finishers and they don't know how to tell a story or convey a message in the ring. All of this is reflective in their tv ratings.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,587 663 4
Alleybux
There is a difference between entitlement and just being smart. The young generation saw how much sacrfice their older counterparts put in and we see how many of them even with the money they made never lived happy lives. A majority of them are dead or strung out on drugs. What is there to really emulate, people like Undertaker don't get it, you can't compare your to life to others.

The current generation does not live to make wrestling their lives, they have families, kids and they know it is a business.

Old school wrestlers never saw it as a business and many of them were exploited.

I would even say Undertaker is exploited, Vince uses for quick money knowing the man has busted hips, knees, elbows etc.

Vince would never do that to guys like Cena, Rock, etc cause they are smart to the business.
Agreed. But no telling that to bitter old guys. lol

Love The Undertaker. But Mark Calaway seems like a pos. And even worse, he's a pos who doesn't recognize that he is and pretends to be the opposite.

beautifulmaverick

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,104 1,072 123
Alleybux
Yep. I agree if he's talking about storylines and characters, which is certainly lacking today imo.

But that's not the bad part. He also said this, which is what people have the most gripe with.
EsSNbmfW4AAohuW

Which has led many to think he's toxic as Hell. But hey, you don't last years in the toxic environment he was in & be bffs with Vince without being toxic & sh!tty yourself. lol He just hid it from the general public better due to Kayfabe.

Now that he's retired and leaving Kayfabe behind, we're seeing what a bigoted hillbilly he is.

What's wrong with playing video games in the dressing room? Better that than getting arrested for assault or attempted murder. What the hell?!
9647c7f10e2c6c4c95d6f96500a1be01--current-mood-will-smith.jpg

The Undertaker is a bitter, old, broken man.....figuratively and literally. I hope these new wrestlers see him as a cautionary tale.

Last edited:

liacashmere89

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,671 4,753 3,071
Alleybux
The WWE died when the Ruthless Aggression era ended in 08 and The PG era begin and they moved away from racey content.

Taker isn't wrong. Nobody watches wrestling anymore. It's no longer popular and hasn't been in a decade. They don't have any crossover stars. I wouldn't recognize Roman Reigns if I saw him on the street :ROFLMAO:

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,515 12,953 2,132
Alleybux
Regarding his comments about the locker room, he is out of order. As I have stated in previous WWE/WWF tea threads, the locker room and environment was straight up toxic. Bullying, rape, hazing, assault, racism, sexism, etc...were par for the course. That is what I call a poor working environment. The wrestlers today, for the most part, seem to be at either friends or at best, cordial with one another. Countless wrestlers have came out, and credited people like Roman Reigns for the change in the locker room culture. When it was back in Taker's day, they had that ridiculous Wrestler's Court. They basically used that court to lord it over newbies so they can embarrass them in front of their respective colleagues, get them to carry their bags, get freebies from the newbies, etc...I remember a story of them dragging Melina out of her hotel room to Wrestler's Court with the sole purpose of breaking her down in front of everyone; funny how they never tried that sh!t with Brock Lesnar though e5:disdain. Regarding the comments on the quality of the product, he is absolutely correct. These people have no kind of star power. I don't know if it has to do with their size or just them lacking a personality, but they all suck compare to the stars of yesteryear. They look like the kind of folks you would see working at your local coffee shop, book store, etc...Why would anyone clamor to see a regular old joe when they are expecting larger than life wrestlers. All of their move sets are either spamming various finishers and they don't know how to tell a story or convey a message in the ring. All of this is reflective in their tv ratings.

The story I heard was that taker dragged Melina to the point of tears. I also heard she stopped Angelina love from a job there. Angelina asked her where her bag was and Melina said it’s in trash where it fµck!ng belongs. I also heard she got Brooke tessmamacher fired.

buttahpecan_

lsa’s resident sweetheart.
Reaction score
Reactions
194,150 5,964 1,501
Alleybux
The WWE died when the Ruthless Aggression era ended in 08 and The PG era begin and they moved away from racey content.

Taker isn't wrong. Nobody watches wrestling anymore. It's no longer popular and hasn't been in a decade. They don't have any crossover stars. I wouldn't recognize Roman Reigns if I saw him on the street :ROFLMAO:
You wouldn’t recognize this if you saw him on the street?

Are you blind?

SdLMgNkM_400x400.jpg

tenor.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4a76435977754656537a575673773d3d2d3430373731303032312e313462623765383734376138656435613833393538303830383530382e676966

DMVgirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,955 329 63
Alleybux
I believe old schoolers like Taker, Nash, and Hall trick themselves into really believing that they love this business, because if they really sat down and thought about it, they would admit that they would of done a lot of sh!t differently. The new guys take time out from injuries and properly heal, it's no longer frowned upon to bring your family on the road for a few days, they don't have to stay in kayfabe when walking thought the airport, ect.

These new jacks still work hard, but the era has changed. If he has an issue with the product, take it up with the McMahons. He should know better than anybody else how these guys aren't given much freedom to spice up their characters. Chasing strippers, drugs, and avoiding treating injuries lead to the downfall of many legends. He should be happy playing video games is a vice that they enjoy.

Last edited:

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,587 663 4
Alleybux

ShawtOrdaCook

Resident Nay'Murican
Reaction score
Reactions
88,521 2,735 341
Alleybux

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,587 663 4
Alleybux
Meanwhile Mick Foley believs wrestlers today are as tough as those from his time.

And I think he's the most qualified to speak on toughness.
b0d1ae567c698f05401e4e496a891934.jpg

th

Last edited:

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,628 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Meanwhile Mick Foley believs wrestlers today are as tough as those from his time.

And I think he's the most qualified to speak on toughness.
b0d1ae567c698f05401e4e496a891934.jpg

th

They are, they are stronger, healthier, less injury prone and safer with each other.

Today's wrestlers are not afraid to take different approaches to keep their bodies healthy.

Kalafy

Reaction score
Reactions
35,649 1,241 70
Alleybux
I don't agree with what he said about the locker room however he's not entirely wrong. Today's wrestlers DO lack a certain edge that wrestlers back in the day had, which is why there's barely any superstars anymore.

Wrestlers today lack charisma, individuality & mystique. That's why they hide behind the "oh, just watch matches with no sound & you'll see how good we are!" argument. Drew basically proved Taker's point by saying that. If I have to watch your matches on mute to find something good in it then you're not good at all.
He's not wrong though and also these wrestlers have no respect for those before them.
They don't which is why eye don't respect them. They are entitled & want everything handed to them.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,730 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
I don't agree with what he said about the locker room however he's not entirely wrong. Today's wrestlers DO lack a certain edge that wrestlers back in the day had, which is why there's barely any superstars anymore.

Wrestlers today lack charisma, individuality & mystique. That's why they hide behind the "oh, just watch matches with no sound & you'll see how good we are!" argument. Drew basically proved Taker's point by saying that. If I have to watch your matches on mute to find something good in it then you're not good at all.

They don't which is why eye don't respect them. They are entitled & want everything handed to them.
I agree. They are handed with kids gloves because if they don't like something they will literally cry on Twitter. Annoyed.

Macho King

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,485 437 73
Alleybux
I only agree with parts of what he said. But idk if it needed to be said in a way that sh!ts on the current roster lol. They definitely should spend time watching matches and crowd reactions to see what works, definitely not during a show if that’s the case

pynkecho

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
10,140 83 24
Alleybux
I could just be biased but the attitude eta was the best. I can’t even really get into this new age WWE bullsh!t. It’s just not the same and no ones really memorable.

Literally, every time someone new & amazing comes through, Vince doesn't seem to want to do that much with them. Look at Cesaro & Strowman. Just getting wasted because the company is so obsessed w/ pushing Roman like no one else exists.

Far as Undertaker goes, I'll always love him like I'll always love Jericho, Flair & Austin. He seems like another very oblivious white person who isn't outright racist, but thinks everyone can pull themselves up by their bootstraps & all that dumb sh!t. He was literally given The Undertaker character in his early/ mid 20's due to being lucky enough to be genetically blessed. People like that tend to really lack perspective.

Last edited:

Bumblebee250

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
135,366 6,806 3,651
Alleybux
Undertaker has a point but technically it’s not the wrestlers fault that the WWE is PG. The WWE isn’t as good as it once was.

Wickedkitten

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
127,728 4,526 228
Alleybux
Look, I fucks with Austin Creed forever for UUDD. Like so many people in this thread have said, I would rather wrestlers play video games than do what they used to do because I am almost 43 years old and so many of the wrestlers that I used to love watching as a kid are dead. I used to mod on Kayfabe’s twitch stream and he would play blocks of old PPV's and there would be some where like half the people wrestling are gone.

I kinda get what he means because wrestlers back then treated kayfabe like omertà but some of my favourite wrestlers in this era came about by seeing their actual personalities on UUDD