Quantcast

Y’all how can I continue to work with this dumb *** lady?

liltutetute

Thebest
Reaction score
Reactions
53,630 8,384 4,710
Alleybux
She has made half her staff get laid off because she is soooooo damn dumb and incompetent that she keeps losing funding and for some reason hasn’t been fired. She’s not my boss but I have to work with her. I struggle in meeting to not make this face every single time she speaks.
854F1ED5-5984-447B-9D9F-692E9B7CB5EC.jpeg

and all she does is LIE because she is soooo freaking dumb and doesn’t know how to do anything so she lies constantly. She’s only in the position because everyone above her has been fired and she’s the only one left and instead of saying “I have no idea how to do this job” she just keeps chugging along.

and when I say she is dumb I mean she is literally dumb. Like she doesn’t know how to work a computer. She’s constantly doing something to her computer and asking me to fix it. And she’s not even old she’s in her 40s!

I really struggle to be nice and professional with her because her existence pisses me off.

any advice?

CocoPops

I don't give a flying car.
Reaction score
Reactions
158,302 6,384 1,585
Alleybux
It is not for some reason. Despite being incompetent I am sure the higher ups know she is still doing her job. It is simple. She got connections.

All you need to do is mind your business and if you want this job get on with it despite the toxic work environment. Or wait until you get another job.

This woman ain't gonna go nowhere. Remember that. Lack of skills? The company clearly doesn't mind.

liltutetute

Thebest
Reaction score
Reactions
53,630 8,384 4,710
Alleybux
It is not for some reason. Despite being incompetent I am sure the higher ups know she is still doing her job. It is simple. She got connections.

All you need to do is mind your business and if you want this job get on with it despite the toxic work environment. Or wait until you get another job.
She’s not doing her job though. And because of Covid she’s been able to Skirt around because everything been chill but with Covid ending and we have a new boss and the new boss has been seeing things for what it is which is causing this particular lady to be even more annoying af because she’s trying to get me to do things because she’s unable to and it’s showing

CocoPops

I don't give a flying car.
Reaction score
Reactions
158,302 6,384 1,585
Alleybux
She’s not doing her job though. And because of Covid she’s been able to Skirt around because everything been chill but with Covid ending and we have a new boss and the new boss has been seeing things for what it is which is causing this particular lady to be even more annoying af because she’s trying to get me to do things because she’s unable to and it’s showing
That's good news. Then be blunt and say you are doing your part and unable to help. If she needs support speak to your boss. Make it simple and direct if she tries to push more work on to you.

liltutetute

Thebest
Reaction score
Reactions
53,630 8,384 4,710
Alleybux
That's good news. Then be blunt and say you are doing your part and unable to help. If she needs support speak to your boss. Make it simple and direct if she tries to push more work on to you.
Oh I have definitely been doing that. Even had a meeting with my direct boss about setting rules and specific duties but this lady still does it every day and I don’t wanna keep going to my boss like a little tattle tail but I’m just sitting waiting for the day she gets fired and I know it’s soon cuz she’s shitting bricks. She CC the boss on every email to make it look like she’s doing stuff but doesn’t even have the basic knowledge of our company we work for. Like simple sh!t. I’m sooooo over it

blakkstarr

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,035 30 50
Alleybux
Oh I have definitely been doing that. Even had a meeting with my direct boss about setting rules and specific duties but this lady still does it every day and I don’t wanna keep going to my boss like a little tattle tail but I’m just sitting waiting for the day she gets fired and I know it’s soon cuz she’s shitting bricks. She CC the boss on every email to make it look like she’s doing stuff but doesn’t even have the basic knowledge of our company we work for. Like simple sh!t. I’m sooooo over it

I went through something similar at my old job for years, and even though I did exactly as you the agency never fired my dumb *ss coworker. It was easier for my supervisor to express concern & send out "reminders" about everyone's specific duties & responsibilities instead of actually holding my coworker accountable. Because at the end of the day, mgmt just wanted the work to get done & didn't care who did it.

So I just started including my supervisor on ALL communications with my coworker. I would even summarize verbal discussions & email it to them both under the guise of keeping it for reference. I was always professional but I would continuously point out that we had the same training & years in the field so the majority of her questions & mistakes were "concerning". I stopped helping her on things I could get away with & would direct her to tools to get the necessary info.

I also started forcing her to resolve issues that she would normally elevate to me whenever she would hit a roadblock. I would always frame it as a "learning experience" & get my supervisors cosign before doing it.

That sh*t drove her crazy because now her full incompetence was on display because I made sure to cc my supervisor whenever her half-ass efforts went left. My supervisor could no longer ignore the issue because there was too much documentation & she finally threatened to put my coworker on a performance improvement plan. Of course she quit because she knew her dumb*ss would eventually get fired.

So yeah, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,490 20,157 17,407
Alleybux
Slow your roll kemosavi (however you spell that sh!t)

She might have Reasonable Accommodations paperwork in place and they can't do sh!t with her ass.

OR

She could be stealing the funding...if there is no proof it was sent back.

Playing dumb could be her cover...ie: She's too stupid to be a corporate thief.

CatThot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,510 2,789 1,293
Alleybux
She has made half her staff get laid off because she is soooooo damn dumb and incompetent that she keeps losing funding and for some reason hasn’t been fired. She’s not my boss but I have to work with her. I struggle in meeting to not make this face every single time she speaks. View attachment 2622679

and all she does is LIE because she is soooo freaking dumb and doesn’t know how to do anything so she lies constantly. She’s only in the position because everyone above her has been fired and she’s the only one left and instead of saying “I have no idea how to do this job” she just keeps chugging along.

and when I say she is dumb I mean she is literally dumb. Like she doesn’t know how to work a computer. She’s constantly doing something to her computer and asking me to fix it. And she’s not even old she’s in her 40s!

I really struggle to be nice and professional with her because her existence pisses me off.

any advice?
This literally doesn't make any sense how is this even possible?
I Would watch her and document/record everything

Don't make any plans/confirmations in person.... don't even challenge her directly

CatThot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,510 2,789 1,293
Alleybux
I went through something similar at my old job for years, and even though I did exactly as you the agency never fired my dumb *ss coworker. It was easier for my supervisor to express concern & send out "reminders" about everyone's specific duties & responsibilities instead of actually holding my coworker accountable. Because at the end of the day, mgmt just wanted the work to get done & didn't care who did it.

So I just started including my supervisor on ALL communications with my coworker. I would even summarize verbal discussions & email it to them both under the guise of keeping it for reference. I was always professional but I would continuously point out that we had the same training & years in the field so the majority of her questions & mistakes were "concerning". I stopped helping her on things I could get away with & would direct her to tools to get the necessary info.

I also started forcing her to resolve issues that she would normally elevate to me whenever she would hit a roadblock. I would always frame it as a "learning experience" & get my supervisors cosign before doing it.

That sh*t drove her crazy because now her full incompetence was on display because I made sure to cc my supervisor whenever her half-ass efforts went left. My supervisor could no longer ignore the issue because there was too much documentation & she finally threatened to put my coworker on a performance improvement plan. Of course she quit because she knew her dumb*ss would eventually get fired.

So yeah, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.
Yes this seems like the smartest plan