Quantcast

Young Black Girls Embrace New ‘Sista Salon’ Video Game Available on IOS and Android

Jay Johnson

The Obnoxious Gentleman
Reaction score
Reactions
336,102 66,371 616
Alleybux
black_girls_playing_sista_salon_mobile_video_game.jpg

A Black-owned tech company has released a new mobile video game called ‘Sista Salon’ that enables Black girls from all over the world to celebrate their natural black beauty in a fun and creative way!

Jupiter Leo Productions LLC has launched their first app called Sista Salon for Apple iOS and Android platforms. Sista Salon is a role-playing game that teaches girls of African descent to celebrate their natural beauty while learning business and life skills. Girls can style their character at any time during the game to suit their mood with unique colors, African-inspired outfits, and natural hairstyles such as curls, afros, and braids.

“I wanted girls of African descent to love themselves and see their beauty. I saw a lack of beauty apps for girls that represented our beautiful culture, style, and creativity and I wanted to change that,” said Joe Green, co-founder and Chief Technology Officer for Sista Salon.

“I dedicate this app to all of the Sistas that give their all every day to help our families prosper. You are smart, you are beautiful and you matter!”

Jupiter-Joe-Green.jpg

Jupiter Joe Green, co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of Sista Salon, saw a lack of beauty games that represented the black cultural experience and wanted to change this for girls of African descent.

“Before COVID, I had my dream job – I founded an after-school program that taught web design and robotics to inner-city school children in NYC. One year ago, all the after-school programs were shut down and I was devastated. I have survived by taking on small jobs here and there, but I really wanted to do something that could still make an impact in the lives of children, particularly young black girls.”

Simulator-Screen-Shot-iPhone-8-Plus-2021-02-24-at-21.43.30-1024x576.png

Simulator-Screen-Shot-iPhone-8-Plus-2021-02-24-at-21.47.51-576x1024.png

“With much trial and error, I learned how to program with Javascript. I attended virtual tech conferences and business meetups and met some amazing people along the way that encouraged me to keep pushing,” he added.

Sista Salon is fast-paced and fun so users can play many levels in a short window of time. The music is a collection of hip-hop, R&B, Caribbean, and traditional African rhythms. The voices of the customers let the player know how they are doing in a fun light-hearted way.

Players also collect “Africa Coins” when they complete two customers in a row. They can use their Africa Coins to upgrade their character’s hairstyle and outfits. The game gives positive reinforcement, business skills, and life advice at the end of each level to make sure the player is always learning.

Sista Salon is available for free in the IOS app store and the Android Play Store. It is available in many African Nations, USA, Canada, Caribbean, Brazil, Columbia, Guyana, UK, Spain, Portugal, Thailand, and Japan.

Download the game now at:
SistaSalon.com

Follow the game on Facebook at:
Facebook.com/sistasalongame

Ports and Slims

Pipe It Down 'Fore I Whoop You Like Yo Mama Do
Reaction score
Reactions
150,153 1,404 530
Alleybux
I'm playing now. It seems like Diner Dash. I'm on the first level but it seems fun. I hope I can find it on my 7 year old's tablet

I like the natural hairstyles and I love the positive affirmations. Great job. I'm sure the graphics will improve with time

sweet_shaleen

Truth don't need motivation - Katt Williams 2024
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
63,351 1,367 257
Alleybux
There's such an untapped market for us in the app/video game industry. Like the young lady who did Hair Nah.

Amandabby22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
424,285 10,587 6,680
Alleybux
Me after coming in the thread expecting to see better graphics:

giphy.gif

Bless his heart but somebody go help that black man.

buffyuna

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,771 5,111 1,196
Alleybux
I'm not giving him kudos for doing the bare minimum. He needs to stop being cheap and outsource his graphic designs.