Young people, don’t let older people lie to you about how music/music industry was back in the day.

Reactions
3,891 73 120
Alleybux
I wish all black people would respect/cherish the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. Why disrespect any era where black r&b music was dominant. I miss those eras. Seriously, there are so many things that pit black people against each other. I hate that some are doing this with our beautiful decades of black music as well. I wish we could all get along.

Why is your comment always about race you silly ass Gen Z idiot?

Reactions
10,020 212 315
Alleybux
For the past several years, I’ve noticed older people lying and romanticizing the music industry of the past, especially the 90s era. Generally, the lying and romanticizing is about the level of talent and music content.

They’ll claim you couldn’t make it without talent but ignore the fact that some of the biggest acts of those eras could barely carry a tune. i.e. TLC, Jody Watley, and members of SWV not named Coko :sneaky:

They’ll talk shit about WAP but get amnesia when 2 Live Crew is brought up or when you start quoting Trina’s lyrics. :sick:

They’ll go on about the druggy lyrics of the past 3-4 years but are seemingly unaware that artists like Wu Tang, 3 6 Mafia, and Bone Thugz N Harmony were not shy about rapping about their coke, dust, and ecstasy use. :whistle:

Stay woke! Don’t let them gaslight you! :disdain

And I’m 28, so don’t come for me.

Now girl...why would you say something like this & it seems you’re so confident you’re standing up in this BS. I think I understand where you’re trying to come from but I disagree.

See my parents raised me right. My parents are from the deep south, so I got the best of both worlds. I was raised listening to The Caravans, Dottie Peoples, Daryl Coley, Walter Hawkins, The Pace Sisters, The Clark Sisters etc....from my mother.

My dad taught me all the soul/blues from the 60’s/70’s for example all of Motown, Isaac Hayes, James Brown, Parliament, Earth Wind & Fire, The Gap Band, The Whispers, The Ohio Players, Isley Bros, Al Green, Bobby Womack, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, Johnny Taylor etc....

I learned the 80’s/90’s myself cause I have a good ear for music. Donna Summer, Chic, Luther Vandross, Prince, Michael Jackson, etc....Jodeci, Whitney, Mariah, Patti Labelle, Guy, Tony Toni Tone, New Edition, & a host of other rappers.

This era cnt touch the past!!!! Idc what nobody say!!! Yeah there were a few duds, but overall you had to have TALENT!!!! You had to be able to stand barefoot & sing ur ass off. No computers to help u. Rappers had to be innovators & creative. Everything now is watered down BS!!! Literally popularity runs the charts, not talent.

So my vote is for the old ppl cause any day I can grab a drink, turn my music on & vibe to anything 60’s-90’s!!! I’m 38yrs old as of today BTW!!

Reactions
3,891 73 120
Alleybux
Now girl...why would you say something like this & it seems you’re so confident you’re standing up in this BS. I think I understand where you’re trying to come from but I disagree.

See my parents raised me right. My parents are from the deep south, so I got the best of both worlds. I was raised listening to The Caravans, Dottie Peoples, Daryl Coley, Walter Hawkins, The Pace Sisters, The Clark Sisters etc....from my mother.

My dad taught me all the soul/blues from the 60’s/70’s for example all of Motown, Isaac Hayes, James Brown, Parliament, Earth Wind & Fire, The Gap Band, The Whispers, The Ohio Players, Isley Bros, Al Green, Bobby Womack, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, Johnny Taylor etc....

I learned the 80’s/90’s myself cause I have a good ear for music. Donna Summer, Chic, Luther Vandross, Prince, Michael Jackson, etc....Jodeci, Whitney, Mariah, Patti Labelle, Guy, Tony Toni Tone, New Edition, & a host of other rappers.

This era cnt touch the past!!!! Idc what nobody say!!! Yeah there were a few duds, but overall you had to have TALENT!!!! You had to be able to stand barefoot & sing ur ass off. No computers to help u. Rappers had to be innovators & creative. Everything now is watered down BS!!! Literally popularity runs the charts, not talent.

So my vote is for the old ppl cause any day I can grab a drink, turn my music on & vibe to anything 60’s-90’s!!! I’m 38yrs old as of today BTW!!

And this post is from an 80s baby who is currently 38 or who just turned 38 years old lol?

You weren't alive throughout the 60s-70s, you missed out on 80s music because you were in diapers then and those 80s artists you listed where before your time. By the time Michael Jackson's Thriller album was huge from 82-84 you were an infant, by the time Bad was out you were 5 years old, by the time Donna Summer was dominating the 80s from 80-84 you weren't alive/you were also an infant, by the time Purple Rain was huge you were 2 years old, you were just born when Prince 1999 was out, SOTT you were just 5. So what in the hell would you know? You missed out on the golden age of music 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Just because you did a few Google searches about 80s music doesn't mean anything.

The only eras you witnessed were the 90s and 00s. Two of the worse decades in music history looool! What talented artists did the 90s have? Jodeci? Boys II Men? Please kid.

Man go and sit in the corner and be quiet you millennial. Only us original music fans can comment on this. You missed out.

Last edited:

The Culture

Celebrity News

Recent Posts

My Jazzy Life
I’m weak at her saying people said she got her nose done. Bitch what! Biiitttchhhh!!!!!!!
***The Masked Singer Season 5***
I knew Nick went to college but I didn't know he was in a frat. He joined Sigma Alpha Epsilon. They're racist.... Doesn't look like he graduated...
My 600 lb Life Season 9 Official Watch Thread
I've been calling her a different name, it's Tammy
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
She really can’t control Journie at all and it’s sad. Journie was about to smack the shit out of her in the first clip (I wish she would have lol)...
EVICTION Moratorium Is OVER on the Federal Level. Renters May Still Be Protected By State Laws.
Who? Where? When? As I said, I know many getting unemployment. Those extra benefits ended in August. They're back to barely anything. I...
  • Poll
“My wife inherited $800K. She put $300K toward our mortgage and $500K in her own bank account”
Most likely they both contributed to the debt and now she doesn’t want to contribute equally to taking the burden off of the husband who will...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
You’d think she’d teach him how to take a fucking self properly. Now you know he’s gonna throw his neck out and have to release some 16 minute...
Top Bottom