Your state’s dialect quirk

black girls code
Reactions
20,314 233 103
Alleybux
Someone pointed it out to me, but we tend to over pronounce the “A” or add extra “A”s to words when saying them.
Realtor - Real-AAA-tor
Disparate - dis-pAAAR-ate
Column - Cah-lumn
Vietnamese - Vee-et-nAAA-mese

Also the extra “s”.
Fords
Krogers

Prima Donna, I'm complex.
Reactions
6,037 99 29
Alleybux
Boston. Not an R in sight.

tenor (20).gif

For example: "Car keys" becomes "cah keys"
or "park" becomes "pahk"

Last edited:
Starter
Reactions
2,801 69 4
Alleybux
Not my home state. There's really no hard "ay" sound at the end of words. It's more like a soft "eh". Ex. "CJ" = Cee-jeh. "The other day" = the other deh. So I saw CJ the other day sounds more like "I saw Cee-jeh the other deh, ya heard me?" My friends from that area claim they don't have an accent, but literally everyone else can hear it. It's a nice accent, too!

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reactions
36,876 476 312
Alleybux
We change the er and r at the end of words to an a, kind of like the Bahston folk but not quite. Also ts in certain words are pronounced with a d sound.
Water: Wadda or
Quarter: Quawta
Over: Ova
Floor: Flaw

Bonus —
Off: Awf
Coffee: Cawfee

MVP
Reactions
9,899 109 65
Alleybux
I’m from WisCONsin. Lol.

1. They say we pronounce the O hard & long.
2. “A” words. That = Thee-AT. Bag pronounced like Bagel.
3. Ope when you bump people like Canadians
4. My favorite. Yeah No = No, No Yeah = Yes

But, it’s slightly different between White & Black people.

White people have a more similar accent to Canadians (Mark Ruffalo who’s from WI)

Black people have a slightly less country Chicago accent. (Durk/Chief Keef)

Last edited:
spinning somewhere between ocean, lland and sky
Reactions
50,393 218 89
Alleybux
We change the er and r at the end of words to an a, kind of like the Bahston folk but not quite. Also ts in certain words are pronounced with a d sound.
Water: Wadda or
Quarter: Quawta
Over: Ova
Floor: Flaw

Bonus —
Off: Awf
Coffee: Cawfee
Massachusett?

The Culture

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

'American Idol' finalist Caleb Kennedy out after KKK-style hood video surfaces
I'm equally shocked that American Idol is still a thing. And yeah, being racist tends to be a foregone conclusion with a mullet wearers.
Microneedling experiences?
I was just typing this up in another thread. I do microneedling radiofrequency and love it. This was recommended by my derm. I mentioned wanting...
The Clubhouse App Official Discussion Thread
Faith fiancé is actually pretty, they gotta stop with the lies! If you’re going to insult, make the insult be atleast SOMEWHAT true.
When JT posted the disturbing photo on her story?
If I remember didnt she retweet it from another person who visited some museum or something and it was someones corpse? She had posted the...
Is Church's Chicken worth a 45 minute drive?
Do not listen to these fonts they're high off delusion and snobbery Churches biscuits are the best biscuits you will ever taste in your entire...
Actor Ricky Schroder harassing a Costco employee over mask mandate...
Hello jowls...I bet it wasn’t even the executive membership. Let me not say what I reeeeeeely wanna say.
Black Man Explains Why Women Stay In Toxic Relationships
Ughh I knew it was going to be this same retoric of mixed regurgitated answers that's been used over and over again.
Anyone else feels as if Gen Z is the copycat generation?
They’re the cry baby/attention seeking generation. The “participation trophy” generation. you sound like a boomer. either that or just old...
So Vanessa Bryant lied after all (who’s surprised?)
so MammacitaMamba not gonna respect The Black Mans’ lineage, r we really shocked?? no
He didn’t tell me about his history
So I’ll try to keep this to the point. I’ve been dating this guy for a little over a year, everything was going great until in March he started...
Top Bottom