Quantcast

Zack Snyder's Justice League Cut Official Viewing Thread

DULOVEMEDO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,791 7,024 1,807
Alleybux
Honestly, I loved it........It left me wanting more and I never really want more especially with Gal Gadot. I always end up wanting less.

I am here for a movie with Darkseid where he destroyed earth and everyone is fighting to get it back and an alternate universe superman.

Christian Bale as Batman, Emilia Clarke as Mera, Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker.

Wishful thinking but I know it is not happening lol.

TaTa84

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,154 3,277 169
Alleybux
The memes on Twitter are hilarious

I liked the movie and if they do recast Mera they should cast Emilia Clark since they used that British accent in the Snyder cut

dodgy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,861 434 117
Alleybux
Yeah, I liked it as well. I was hesitant to watch it, because the thing with Snyder is - he does really good visuals and for the first twenty minutes the movie is good, and then it goes off the rails. See the first six minutes of Watchmen when he tells the backstory to Bob Dylan's The Times They Are A Changing.

So I was kinda... non plused about the whole thing, and didn't realise that Snyder had fans who were checking for him like that.

But I did watch it and OMG, I can't believe Joss Whedon's edit of the movie was to cut all the BIPOC characters out of it. Snyder was right when he said that Cyborg was the heart of the movie, and I can understand why Ray Fisher (?) was pretty mad about the cuts. Also, it was nice to see Wonder Woman without the male gaze. In the Joss Whedon version there was a lot of ass and upskirt shots, whereas with this version, it wasn't that at all.

I appreciated the running time, and how everyone had motivations - and hopefully after this, Whedon never touches another movie set again, lol.

With Snyder, he said that he wanted John Stewart in the last frame instead of The Martian, but Warner Bros said no. Which was sad, because I do like the Green Lantern universe in the comics . If they could just... block Geoff Johns from giving his creative input on it, I think Synder would be good for that property.

DULOVEMEDO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,791 7,024 1,807
Alleybux
The memes on Twitter are hilarious

I liked the movie and if they do recast Mera they should cast Emilia Clark since they used that British accent in the Snyder cut

When he said 50K worlds I started negotiating for him like..."What about 5 big ass worlds? Quality over quantity my man."

I would just chill in exile cause.........

DULOVEMEDO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,791 7,024 1,807
Alleybux
Also, it was nice to see Wonder Woman without the male gaze. In the Joss Whedon version there was a lot of ass and upskirt shots, whereas with this version, it wasn't that at all.

I appreciated the running time, and how everyone had motivations - and hopefully after this, Whedon never touches another movie set again, lol.
Nobody is worse than Michael Bay. Honestly, I never noticed her being objectified because to me her ass is flat and her quads and hamstrings are insulting to be the face of an Amazonian/God hybrid. Doutzen had more muscle definition than her and she is a model but I digress.

I suppose I tend to just turn away when she's on screen. It is more painful to even watch her body double do all the work and that is coming from someone who loves fight scenes.

toxic silence

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,635 985 308
Alleybux
I watched it all and i loved it!! It really fills din pieces that were missing from Whedon sloppy version. Snyder really could’ve chilled with the slow motion cuts though. I’m like again. Cyborg definitely had a more fleshed out back story. I was waiting on hawk girl to join but alas. Nonetheless it was really good and I’ll watch again!

BlaqueBirds

She Believed She Could So She Did!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
268,650 10,563 9,162
Alleybux
I finally finished and I LOVED it!

The cinematography was awesome!

And I loved seeing cyborgs story. Too bad he won't get his own movie I would love to see all of his powers

LE83

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,743 9 2
Alleybux
I finished it last night (watched it in parts on different nights) and I enjoyed it. I loved the additional scenes with Cyborg and Flash. After seeing this version, I really hate Joss Whedon's movie (I didn't like it in the first place but now I really can't stand it now seeing Snyders cut).

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,032 35,106 4,760
Alleybux
I enjoyed Zack Snyder's cut way more than Joss Whedon's version. Those four hours went by so fast because I was so into the movie.

girl6_nyc

Looking for the hoochie daddies (where they at?)
Reaction score
Reactions
204,890 7,242 2,392
Alleybux
Even tho I liked the Snyder cut more than Whedon's version, I still didn't like the movie. It was overstuffed and honestly the majority of the actors are so wooden (Gal Gadot & Henry Cavill), I just could never get into Ben Affleck as Batman. Amy Fisher as Lois Lane I just don't get why she's in the movies at all. Her and Cavill have zero chemistry together. The CGI was just really bad and I didn't find the story compelling.

I would say my bright spots of the movie was having a fully fleshed out character of Ray Fisher's (even tho his back story was a bit trite) Cyborg, Ezra Miller as the Flash was cute and Jason Momoa who really has a lot of charisma.

I'm usually a huge fan of Snyder's work but this was a huge disappointment for me. It just felt really hollow but it is still much better than Whedon's.

prettygirlkdf

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,770 79 29
Alleybux
I watched it over 2 days. The black and white is coming out this weekend, I think. I will definitely watch it again.

Is it a definitive fact that Ray/Cyborg won't get his own film?

originalwharris

Jesse's girl (in my head).
Reaction score
Reactions
277,377 21,985 1,048
Alleybux
1616977737322.png

Rhythm261

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,817 16 1
Alleybux
I saw the Snyder remake and It was full of everything that I thin, Super Hero movies needed. New villains , more detailed back story for the characters and hard-core battles.

I'll be watching it again to see all the details .... like Wonder Woman dropping into that cavern dressed in stilettos with such control that she didn't even scuff her shoes or break a heel. Her White suit was spotless. This is real bad bi..ch territory .

KeepinItRealz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,826 388 269
Alleybux
I haven't finished it yet, i'm just starting the 3rd hour I believe (it's a fµck!n long movie...). But I will say this...

ZACK SNYDER HAS fµck!n REDEEMED HIMSELF!!!

And I'm insane in saying this cause DCEU movies are a chore to watch and I hate to have to force myself having to watch them.

This is BETTER (yes better) then Infinity War and Endgame (yeah I said it, I hate how they depicted Thanos. Jim Starlin's (Thanos creator btw) Thanos comics is way better then that cheap Disney-esque abomination). Hell this movie is better then probably then Avengers 1 and most definitely way better then Avengers 2.

Darkseid is actually ominous (even though he lost that ancient fight by being stabbed and being carried off like a weak loser). But at least they showed, and explained, that since that time he has destroyed tons of worlds.

Steppenwolf is actually competent and as an arc compared to the cardboard cutouts The Black Order were in the movies.

DeSaad is freakin scary and a much better messenger to Darkseid then The Other from the first Avengers movie.

The Amazons were badass when they were trying to prevent Steppenwolf from taking the motherbox.

I'm actually engrossed in a damn DCEU film...and they've been boring messes so far. And I can't wait to finish it (in actuality I wish the movie was longer, but again i'm only at the 3rd hour mark).

There's actual stakes in this film unlike the Marvel movies and there's world-building, something that Marvel is really incompetent in.

But this movie being long as it is is due only because of the Pandemic. Snyder is lucky in some way because if there wasn't a pandemic no studio would ever release a theatrical 4 hour movie, especially a DCEU one at that since Whedon JL failed at the box office and had negative reviews.

I can't believe this is even connected to the theatrical cut...it feels like a whole different movie and Whedon's was a Asylum Movie version. Crazy!

PLUS! I'm so thrilled Jayna Zod (well the actress at least, Jayna is the character she played on the show) from the unfortunately canceled Krypton show had a small part in the movie. I love that actress, she's badass.

I want her to play Nubia aka Black Wonder Woman so bad. Her name is Ann Ogbomo

MV5BODgyNzk1OTg0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjA1NzQ4OTE@._V1_.jpg

BaeCole

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
273,153 6,668 6,001
Alleybux
Why did no one tell me this movie would take half a work day!! Me and my friends started at 10 pm last night! We pause for a bathroom break and the motherfµck!ng screen said FOUR HOURS RUN TIME.

it was good though. But still...they should have paid ME to watch it

glossygloss

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
59,144 1,012 1,396
Alleybux
I haven't finished it yet, i'm just starting the 3rd hour I believe (it's a fµck!n long movie...). But I will say this...

And I'm insane in saying this cause DCEU movies are a chore to watch and I hate to have to force myself having to watch them.

This is BETTER (yes better) then Infinity War and Endgame (yeah I said it, I hate how they depicted Thanos. Jim Starlin's (Thanos creator btw) Thanos comics is way better then that cheap Disney-esque abomination). Hell this movie is better then probably then Avengers 1 and most definitely way better then Avengers 2.

Darkseid is actually ominous (even though he lost that ancient fight by being stabbed and being carried off like a weak loser). But at least they showed, and explained, that since that time he has destroyed tons of worlds.

Steppenwolf is actually competent and as an arc compared to the cardboard cutouts The Black Order were in the movies.

DeSaad is freakin scary and a much better messenger to Darkseid then The Other from the first Avengers movie.

The Amazons were badass when they were trying to prevent Steppenwolf from taking the motherbox.

I'm actually engrossed in a damn DCEU film...and they've been boring messes so far. And I can't wait to finish it (in actuality I wish the movie was longer, but again i'm only at the 3rd hour mark).

There's actual stakes in this film unlike the Marvel movies and there's world-building, something that Marvel is really incompetent in.

But this movie being long as it is is due only because of the Pandemic. Snyder is lucky in some way because if there wasn't a pandemic no studio would ever release a theatrical 4 hour movie, especially a DCEU one at that since Whedon JL failed at the box office and had negative reviews.

I can't believe this is even connected to the theatrical cut...it feels like a whole different movie and Whedon's was a Asylum Movie version. Crazy!

PLUS! I'm so thrilled Jayna Zod (well the actress at least, Jayna is the character she played on the show) from the unfortunately canceled Krypton show had a small part in the movie. I love that actress, she's badass.

You went too far with saying this mess is better than endgame. That’s just crazy talk. It’s a better version of the movie but it still ain’t it.

KeepinItRealz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,826 388 269
Alleybux
You went too far with saying this mess is better than endgame. That’s just crazy talk. It’s a better version of the movie but it still ain’t it.
I stand by what I said. As a matter of fact I haven't gone far enough really.

If you like the crap that those two Avengers movie are, be my guest, but I hate MCU Thanos. I'm a reader of the comics and Marvel Studios depicted him like a stupid idiot. Mistress Death wasn't even in the film, that's how much of a fail this version of Thanos is.

If you know Thanos's whole character revolves around Mistress Death and trying to impress her so she can love him, instead we get a stupid bastardization of what he is.

Darkseid actually seems threatening and so is Steppenwolf, he's pretty competent (and actually has a story arc with Darkseid). The Black Order were weak and useless, we don't even know how Thanos met them, why they're working for him. Nothing. They're just "there" because they're in the comics and Marvel just put them there for comic readers to say "Oh that's the Black Order". They're glorified Easter Eggs.

Ebony Maw getting killed because he was thrown in space is the most stupidest sh!t ever...even though he has telekinetic and teleportation powers and could've easily outmaneuvered Spidey, Iron Man and Doctor Strange (hell in the comics he made Strange his b!tch).

Btw, this is the only good DCEU movie, the other ones are a dumpster fire. But in this movie they actually took sh!t seriously besides saying quips every minute unlike the IW and Endgame. And mind you, DC only had 4 movies to work with (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman) and Marvel has had 10 yrs and way more movies released then DC, there's barely any worldbuilding in their movies.

So yeah this movie is better then IW and Endgame.

Raindear

fireworker
Reaction score
Reactions
36,031 440 110
Alleybux
First timer here; never saw JL (2017) and didn't have any interest after wasting time with BvS.

I watched over two days and thinking about it overall, I liked. I didn't mind the runtime because I knew I wouldn't be watching in one sitting, but after the first hour it felt like the time flew by.

My favourite characters were Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman (in that order). I'd watch another movie with just them; they had the best lines, the best interactions, and good chemistry. As my #1 I have to say Fisher's performance was so compelling, and the way he played anger and stoicism worked well against the robotics.

I don't believe Affleck as Batman or Gadot as Wonder Woman. Their scenes were boring, and neither of them had a moment that impressed me.

I missed Supes until he showed up but I didn't miss the lack of chemistry Cavill and Adams have. I also normally like Adams as an actress but she fades into the background in this universe. It's weird to see.

Monica Belcucci

Eternal Bad b!tch
Reaction score
Reactions
68,213 1,671 660
Alleybux
Just finished it and it was so good. I am amazed that sh!t fest can actually be good.

The Amazons whoopin ass was glorious. The fact that Whedon showed them getting beat like nothing was insulting as hell.

This version should have been the one from the get. It is truly amazing how Whedon fµcked it all up.

And I am still appalled at Amy Adams as Lois. Superman is risking it all for that and he has no chemistry with her? That is the main thing they should have been going for. Margot Kidder wasn't much of a looker, but she and Christopher Reeve had tons of chemistry. Lois and Lex are the biggest fuckups in terms of casting. Gal too, but less so than those two.

I have no problem with Ben as Batman. They just gave him a ridiculous costume. It should be like Michael Keaton's but all black.

Mito

Over it ~ DNI
SUPER MODERATOR
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
106,843 713 120
Alleybux
I just finished and OMFG... I can't believe the hype was real and JUSTIFIED!!

As a DC girl, I just don't understand why WB/DCU can't get it together and build this franchise properly. There are so many awesome comic stories that can be brought to film that would delight my heart. I mean for effsake this franchise was heading towards the INJUSTICE LEAGUE story arc!!!! Ugh, I would have loved to have seen that in film even though Cavill is so dull as Superman, hot, but dull and I don't like Lois and I hate hate what they turned Wonder Woman into in that arc, but STILL I would have loved to see that in a film.

My favorite part was most definitely the flashback to the Earth Gods, Amazonians, Atlantians, and humans fighting Darkseid, the small Green Lantern appearance, and ZEUS being a hot mofo *whew goes to google the actor that played Zeus*

I am very much neutral when it comes to Zach Synder and the drama but he did that! Except that casting of Lex Luthor. Atrocious effing casting... ATROCIOUS!!

And lastly, I feel bad for Ray Fisher, Cyborg was everything in this film, the MVP, so I hope things work out for him, he was done dirty.

MiseryChick

Cafe Disaffecto
Reaction score
Reactions
10,562 221 25
Alleybux
Took me three days, but I watched it...better than Whedon version, but I didn't find it great, felt like I watched 3 movies in one.
I did enjoy seeing more backstory for Cyborg, his character was so different that Whedon's version.

Sackboy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,026 5,324 642
Alleybux
I’m apparently one of the few people who liked the first Justice League, but I did just watch the Snyder Cut tonight and I really enjoyed it! Yes, it’s long as hell but they broke it up into sections so it wasn’t so bad. There was a lot of new content and I appreciate that it went a little further into Flash and Cyborgs backgrounds. The new villain was a nice touch as well.

I didn’t like the ending where they introduced Joker and all of that. It felt like they were setting it up for a few sequels, which I get, but it felt kinda out of place to me.

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux

MV5BODgyNzk1OTg0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjA1NzQ4OTE@._V1_.jpg
This was a good movie and the differences between the short and long should make whedon never work again.

he literally deleted damn near every non-white person he COULD